PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone get this issue 4 me, please

SteelersMongol
12-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I just saw this on SI.COM. http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/cover/toc/11037/index.htm

With our guy Lamarr on the cover, I couldn't resist the urge. :wink02: (BTW, SI is so silly they said "Chukky Okobi is on the cover :laughing:) So I'm gonna ask for a favor if anyone could BUY this issue from you local BOOKSTORE, please.

I know the beggars can't be the choosers, but I'd prefer to have one from the store with barcode than the ones with shipping label with someone's name & address. Cuz I'd most definitely frame it (only if I can get real nice issue). It would probably come down to around $10. So please.

P.S. I'd provide an address to ship later if there is someone to volunteer.

tony hipchest
12-17-2008, 10:52 PM
i will. i thought that was the coolest gesture when tom (mosca) sent you an issue last year.

just stay on my ass and PM me the day the mag is set to hit the stands. it will be a hectic week next week at work and with x-mas shopping but i want an issue myself and i will be mailing off several gifts in the next few days. an extra trip to the post office will be nothing.

plus i can say i have a "pen-pal" in ulaanbaatar. :cheers:

Preacher
12-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Hey tone... :thumbsup:

That's pretty cool. . . for a democrat! :rofl::rofl:

:poke:

tony hipchest
12-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey tone... :thumbsup:

That's pretty cool. . . for a democrat! :rofl::rofl:

:poke::laughing:

the republicans have me convinced SM is a terrorist and i just wanna "pal around" with him...

and sorry steelersmongol, the overhead map of the air force base i work at will NOT be found within the pages of the mag. :wink02:

:popcorn:

:helmet:

SteelersMongol
12-17-2008, 11:41 PM
THANKS Tony. For a man like you doing this kind of help for me is a really an honor. Really appreciate that.

tony hipchest
12-18-2008, 12:13 AM
after sb XL i was a bit too hung over and caught up in all the post day "steelers win" tv coverage, that i completely forgot to leave the house and go get a copy of the USA Today.

i made mention of that on the board and a great former member (ambridge AKA john from virginia on sirius), was kind enough to send me an extra copy he had.

a 75 cent newspaper never meant more, and im a firm believer of "what comes around, goes around".

im pretty sure revs will vouch for me on john. good guy. :thumbsup:

its my duty to spread the steelers love....