PDA

View Full Version : The Titans D is Hurt...AWWWWW!!!

Blonde Bomber
12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
I started the week feeling like this was gonna be yet another tough game. I knew Haynesworthless was hurt, but I hav e been busy and still looking at it like the Steelers have to bring their A Game. I have now started to look at it differently. The Titans better have a great game to stay close!!!

Yeah our running game should be able to break the slump, but just as importantly, Ben should have a lot more time to break them down. I got pretty hyped after reading this article about the Jets beating them too.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27910699/

Basically it says how the Jets used the short pass game to the tight end to keep the DL off Favre.

This looks like it could be one of our easier games ( well excluding next week lol )

fansince'76
12-18-2008, 06:55 PM
We haven't had a truly "easy" game since Houston in week 1. I swear, this season has been hard on my heart. I truly hope this will wind up being an "easy" game, though. :thumbsup:

Blonde Bomber
12-18-2008, 06:58 PM
I agree, I feel like I need to hit the treadmill on Saturdays, but I am not sure which would be harder on my heart :chuckle:

Polamalu43
12-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Im so sick of hearing about the titans defense really. i kinda wished they were at 100% on D, wo we can still woop them..

steelpride12
12-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Honestly if this game turned out to be the one against the Texans in week one i would not be surprised. Yes we should run all over the interior of their D line, and Ben should have time to throw, but that's why they play the game.

XxKnightxX
12-18-2008, 08:32 PM
They still have Kearse, Bullock, Finnegan and Chris Hope on that defense, ease up people, sure they lost 2 big starters, but this game is still a rivalry game and a tough one. Im just hoping tomlin keeps these guys level headed.

HometownGal
12-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Smack 'em in the mouth early and don't turn the ball over. I think the Tites are horribly overrated. They've had a cake schedule while we've had the most difficult schedule in the league. I, took would rather play them at full strength so the rednecks don't have any excuses when they get their hineys beat on Sunday. :tt02:

Rek
12-18-2008, 09:50 PM
I think most people who see this game on paper are assuming its gonna be a close game because of the Titans' record. To be honest, all I see that the Titans have is a very good running combo with Johnson and White. Personally, I think Collins is overrated and they don't have the talent with their wideouts, and their defense is average at best with Hanyesy out.

Titans have a run game and really nothing else.
Steelers destroy the running game of opponents and have an O that gets it done.

I'm sorry, I just don't see a problem with this game.

:tt: Gooooooooooo Steelers. :tt:

The Duke
12-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Everything's pointing out to this being an easy game. That's why I think it will not be

Hopefully the team proves me wrong though, just like they always do :tt:

TackleMeBen
12-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Smack 'em in the mouth early and don't turn the ball over. I think the Tites are horribly overrated. They've had a cake schedule while we've had the most difficult schedule in the league. I, took would rather play them at full strength so the rednecks don't have any excuses when they get their hineys beat on Sunday. :tt02:
i have to agree with HTG, i would rather play a healthy titans team, that way they cant say we beat them b/c they had injuries.

this morning on mike and mike they asked ben what he thought about haynesworth being out and he said that he wish no harm to any player, but he is glad he wouldnt have to worry about big al falling on him.:chuckle:

PalmerSteel
12-19-2008, 11:15 AM
wow, too many not giving titans enough and us too much credit. this is usually what hurts this team. even though they have some key people missing for titans dline, this is a very solid team that has struggled lately and would love nothing more than to clinch #1 seed. this will be a playoff type atmosphere at their house. i would be shocked if the gameplay throughout wasnt similar to our last 2 games, with the outcome being the same i hope but imo a coin toss.

SteelMember
12-19-2008, 12:06 PM
The media may be buidling in excuses for a titians loss, but I want to win either way. :tt03:

I got a feelin'...

lilyoder6
12-19-2008, 01:29 PM
i think since the jets game that they have not been so "great" like the were b4 the jets game... teams are just exploiting there weaknesses

revefsreleets
12-19-2008, 01:53 PM
If we lose this game the nattering nabobs of negatism will be unbearable.

LetsRock
12-19-2008, 02:18 PM
These are not your Steve McNair/Eddie George Titans. This game SHOULD be a blowout for the Steelers.

Fire Haley
12-19-2008, 02:19 PM
I would rather we lose and come out of this game 100% healthy, but that's just me.
Of course, a win and having everybody 100% healthy is even better.

It's all about the playoffs now.

Fire Haley
12-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Oh lookie they found us....wave to the nice Titties fans...

OMG...These arrogant steelers

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42278

The_WARDen
12-19-2008, 03:18 PM
If we lose this game the nattering nabobs of negatism will be unbearable.

would that be a negative comment?

:noidea:

Fire Haley
12-19-2008, 05:03 PM
If we lose this game .

Bite your tongue

Bend them over and pound them

http://www.titansonline.com/team/cheerleaders/photos/thumbs/lrg-549-cheerleader.08.09.08_917.JPG

X-Terminator
12-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Didn't even click on the link, because seriously, I could care less what Titans fans say on their board. They can say whatever they want about us or the Steelers, so long as it stays over there.

Fire Haley
12-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I find it interesting to see how fans react on other boards - but it's not for the faint-hearted, or those prone to violence.

"I say Big Ben doesn't finish the game.

Maybe he will spend the weekend in a nice Nashville hospital like Tommy Maddox did. Bulluck really knocked his block off. I was there that night."

TackleMeBen
12-19-2008, 07:31 PM
I find it interesting to see how fans react on other boards - but it's not for the faint-hearted, or those prone to violence.

Maybe he will spend the weekend in a nice Nashville hospital like Tommy Maddox did. Bulluck really knocked his block off. I was there that night."
they might want to be careful at what they say because it could come back and bite them in the rear.. i mean they all could be holding a vigil for collins and young if harrison and woodley get a hold of them sunday.

markymarc
12-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't care who does and who doesn't line up on Sunday. The only thing that matters to take the #1 playoff seed from the Titans and keep playing at a high level.

fansince'76
12-19-2008, 09:00 PM

It seems to me WE are the team that has been laying out opposing players week after week. They need to worry about Collins.

Blonde Bomber
12-19-2008, 09:43 PM
And part of the reason I started this thread was because we have been hurt all year, but I am sure we will hear how Haynesworth was hurt. I don't want to hear one word about how the Steelers are fortunate that they are hurt.

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

TackleMeBen
12-20-2008, 09:17 AM
maybe woodley and harrison can take out collins early and then fisher would have to use VY and then we can get him booed out of his own stadium, so he can go a rant and run away..lol

billybob
12-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Titans are just another old AFC central team to pack up and leave all thier fans and cities behind,and relocate and think we have forgotten who they really are. Just because they moved, doesn't mean they can change thier history that will be linked to us forever !!
GO STEELERS ! 29-19 us of course!!!!!!

revefsreleets
12-20-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm gonna say this and then duck, but i have said this before as well and been proven right.

If we lose, it will make beating the Tits easier in the playoffs.

It's way harder to beat a good football team twice. We haven't played them this year, so we don't "know" the team like we would a team we played.

All I'm saying is that there is a silver lining if we lose. In fact, I'll even go as far out on a limb to say that if we lose tomorrow, I GUARANTEE We beat the Titans if we play them again in the playoffs.

Fire Haley
12-21-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm gonna say this and then duck, but i have said this before as well and been proven right.

Going into the playoffs 100% healhy trumps winning the #1 seed, I'll say that.

Texasteel
12-21-2008, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=revefsreleets;501794]

QUOTE]

You do know that "Tits" is not an abbreviation for Titans don't you?

Just wondering.

ben7
12-21-2008, 10:56 AM
We have to open up the interior run