PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Willie Parker hate?

cowboykilla
12-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Is it me or has the majority of Steelers Nation turned their back on Fast Willie? Can someone explain this to me? I mean come on the guy has been hurt. He's doing what he can. Has he done,or said something that i missed? The guy is a Steeler,has helped win a championship,but he gets no love. What gives? :tt03:

The Duke
12-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Has he done,or said something that i missed?

Certainly seems like he did doesn't it?

I mean, at times I wonder if willie did something to the people that criticize him

X-Terminator
12-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Is it me or has the majority of Steelers Nation turned their back on Fast Willie? Can someone explain this to me? I mean come on the guy has been hurt. He's doing what he can. Has he done,or said something that i missed? The guy is a Steeler,has helped win a championship,but he gets no love. What gives? :tt03:

He's not an "ultra back" who can do everything. That's pretty much the gist of it. So in their minds, he must be benched or replaced with a career backup like Moore. No disrespect to Moore, who has done a great job when he's been called upon, but he is what he is.

warddj86
12-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I forgot, who was the leader f the longest run in Super Bowl history, I forgot. Who was it again?

UltimateFootballNetwork
12-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Is it me or has the majority of Steelers Nation turned their back on Fast Willie? Can someone explain this to me? I mean come on the guy has been hurt. He's doing what he can. Has he done,or said something that i missed? The guy is a Steeler,has helped win a championship,but he gets no love. What gives? :tt03: As you said he is hurt and is doing what he can, but he is not the most productive RB currently on the roster.

Thats not hate, its an objective analysis. Nothing more.

UltimateFootballNetwork
12-19-2008, 05:49 PM
I forgot, who was the leader f the longest run in Super Bowl history, I forgot. Who was it again? That was in 2005.

In 2005 Shaun Alexander was the league MVP. He is no longer good enough to make an NFL roster. And therein lies the point.

warddj86
12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
That was in 2005.

In 2005 Shaun Alexander was the league MVP. He is no longer good enough to make an NFL roster. And therein lies the point.

He (Willie) also wasn't hurt during that run. He will restore himself eventually.

Fire Haley
12-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Willie is just getting healthy - I predict a 200 yd day against the flying thumbtacks

let the haters go die in a fire

UltimateFootballNetwork
12-19-2008, 05:55 PM
He (Willie) also wasn't hurt during that run. He will restore himself eventually. Thats great and probably true. But that probably doesnt help the Steelers between now and the Super Bowl.

43Hitman
12-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Isn't there already a thread about this?

lilyoder6
12-19-2008, 06:15 PM
yes.. there are mult threads about willie... apparantly there is not that much hate if there are always new threads about him

fansince'76
12-19-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm not even going to touch this one. :chuckle:

bradness113
12-19-2008, 06:58 PM
he will have a HUGE day on sunday

watch it baby!!!

stillers4me
12-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Why all the hate?

He's not Jerome.

billybob
12-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Willie will be fine. The offense in general has not been showing the potential that they can run the ball. Not only do i think he can run the ball ,but i think the closer we get to our ultimate goal, we will begin to show teams things that they have not seen yet. There is no harm in saving your cards for the "Big Showdown"! If you don't need it, why break it out just yet? I actually don't mind teams thinking we can't run the ball.
We know Willie can bust one loose at any time. He hasn't yet , but who is to say it cannot happen on any given play?

SteelCityKing
12-19-2008, 09:05 PM
just give him a chance to break one off in the playoffs or even next season. then everyone will be saying, "aww man! i sure missed Parker." -- you don't know what you got 'til it's gone." they always say. =)

i got mad love for Parker and i'm not one to hold a grudge. but i can't get the fact that he played a few and was a hurt a few...then he bitches about the lack of running in the offensive system, then he gets a crap ton of snaps against the Ravens...but pulls out nothing. would that be a case of mouths writing checks that their asses can't cash or just some stingy D? i lean towards the latter because to me, Parker is still one of the better backs in the league...it's just too bad he's got aches and pains and heartaches to back him up. poor guy...give him a chance to put it to Tennessee. =)

billybob
12-19-2008, 09:21 PM
I feel ya man, Coach wants to run him till the wheels fall off. The wheels did not fall off ,but one got loose, it has gotten tightened up and he is back in the race now. Willy was never the big power back,but when he breaks one outside ,all you can do is watch him go. Everyone should know the threat he brings to our running game.

SteelCityKing
12-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I feel ya man, Coach wants to run him till the wheels fall off. The wheels did not fall off ,but one got loose, it has gotten tightened up and he is back in the race now. Willy was never the big power back,but when he breaks one outside ,all you can do is watch him go. Everyone should know the threat he brings to our running game.

wow...GREAT analogy. haha!

Parker hasn't run out of gas. he just needs a pit stop (first round bye) and some good pit crew members (offensive line) along with a good crew cheif (Tomlin) and a great race to run (divisional playoffs!) =)

billybob
12-19-2008, 09:59 PM
wow...GREAT analogy. haha!

Parker hasn't run out of gas. he just needs a pit stop (first round bye) and some good pit crew members (offensive line) along with a good crew cheif (Tomlin) and a great race to run (divisional playoffs!) =)

Thought he already had all that locked up. What you see as far as the offense goes ,is not what you might expect to get.
I like it that way. Expect the right, and you get the left,so to speak.

OneForTheToe
12-19-2008, 10:05 PM
If we would have fired Arians then Willie would be having another 1000 yard season. On the other hand, if we would cut Willie, then Arians would be calling only the plays that work. See, that's how it works. The dichotomy of fandom genius. Anything is possible when one is not accountable, after the fact, for one's opinions.

billybob
12-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Good thing that Willie ain"t the back that was, but the back that is!!!!!!!!!We will have to wait and see what he may or may not bring to the table.I would laugh if he brung his own ketchup!!! Heinz of course.

steelwall
12-19-2008, 10:20 PM
As you said he is hurt and is doing what he can, but he is not the most productive RB currently on the roster.

Should we get rid ofgreat players because they get injured?

MACH1
12-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Should we get rid ofgreat players because they get injured?

I know, turn him into the grey sweats model on the sidelines. :rolleyes:

billybob
12-19-2008, 10:31 PM
can't see why you would get rid of a player that is injured ,unless it is career ending.The gods must be smiling , cause that is not the case.

billybob
12-19-2008, 10:34 PM
After he got hurt, people forgot that it takes time to heal, and play 100%. When he's on, he's ON. I like to see MT mix it up between FWP and moore.

Now we're talkin sense.

tony hipchest
12-19-2008, 10:48 PM
That was in 2005.

In 2005 Shaun Alexander was the league MVP. He is no longer good enough to make an NFL roster. And therein lies the point.if were gonna talk about facts, lets keep it real. shaun is with the redskins. and him not being on a roster at the beginning of the season was more of a money issue. if he came as cheap as willie parker in '05, im sure 32 teams woulda shown interrest.

where were you in week 1, when willie returned from injury to bust up the texans for 100+ yds and 3 td's? were you hating on him, then too? were you saying "yeah, but mewelde woulda scored 4 and had 50+ rec yds?

i highly doubt it.

Thats great and probably true. But that probably doesnt help the Steelers between now and the Super Bowl.

so what were you doing in 06? calling for ben to be benched so charlie batch could get all the starts (and stats)?

i'm almost sure of it.

ben playing in 06 might not have helped the steelers between then and a superbowl run that year, but it most CERTAINLY helped them in '07 and beyond.

building, coaching, and managing teams has SO MUCH MORE to do, than simply pleasing a fantasy football geek who may happen to have mewelde moore on their roster, or a fan whose self identety is defined by how many championships their favorite teams wins.

i see the intentions of your assessment but you fail to see the forrest beyond the trees. EVERYBODY here wants the steelers to win a superbowl this year. even our resident brownfans. but your simplified numbers based on the past 5 games are like daytraders telling warren buffett he was crazy to hold onto his "brick and mortar" stocks, as they were putting all their money into internet incubators and "dot coms" such as pets.com.

look whos rich now....

tomlin knows willie and mewelde better than you. you, as a fan, have a right to question his decisions, but you, as a fan, have a 99% chance of being completely WRONG. tomlin has ran the wheels off willie, and he knows firsthand of the wheels coming off mewelde as a viking.

what is the sense of running mewelde until he breaks a leg in the 2nd to last game of the season when we need him and willie both healthy in the playoffs?

a wise manager will spread the risk, and that is exactly what tomlin is doing. plus, there used to be a "code" in football that a player doesnt lose his job due to injury. that code is long gone, but i can appreciate tomlins old school approach. i guarantee you the players do to, and they will go to war for him because of it.

just ask ryan clark.

period :helmet:>>>>(this is a giant period)

Rek
12-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Now we're talkin sense.

You can't run the ball very well if the protection isn't there. FWP can't even get back to the line of scrimmage as soon as the ball is handed off because he gets gobbled up. For any running back, esp a speedy one, you have to allow a few steps so the RB can accelerate. Same way with Big Ben. People been complaining that he doesn't throw the ball right away but you just can't be chucking the ball downfield every down. He needs protected enough so the WRs can at least complete their routes and turn around to face the ball.

steelwall
12-19-2008, 11:00 PM
:iagree:

fordfan485
12-19-2008, 11:00 PM
if were gonna talk about facts, lets keep it real. shaun is with the redskins. and him not being on a roster at the beginning of the season was more of a money issue. if he came as cheap as willie parker in '05, im sure 32 teams woulda shown interrest.

Shaun Alexander got cut several weeks ago from the 'skins when Betts came back from injury. And he tried out for 3 other teams, Saints, Bungles, and Lions and none of them thought he was worth offering a contract so the guy pretty much sucked. His performance in washington shows that and at the time he was running behind the oline that was producing the leagues leading rusher clinton portis. The only reason washington signed him is because of Danny Synders love affair with veteran free agents

OneForTheToe
12-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Parker doesn't have the mileage that Shaun "Alexandria" has. Remember Parker hardly played even in college. At least give him a chance to get healthy before casting him off to the Sweat Suit Model Hall of Shame.

UltimateFootballNetwork
12-19-2008, 11:24 PM
if were gonna talk about facts, lets keep it real. shaun is with the redskins. and him not being on a roster at the beginning of the season was more of a money issue. if he came as cheap as willie parker in '05, im sure 32 teams woulda shown interrest.

where were you in week 1, when willie returned from injury to bust up the texans for 100+ yds and 3 td's? were you hating on him, then too? were you saying "yeah, but mewelde woulda scored 4 and had 50+ rec yds?

i highly doubt it.

so what were you doing in 06? calling for ben to be benched so charlie batch could get all the starts (and stats)?

i'm almost sure of it.

ben playing in 06 might not have helped the steelers between then and a superbowl run that year, but it most CERTAINLY helped them in '07 and beyond.

building, coaching, and managing teams has SO MUCH MORE to do, than simply pleasing a fantasy football geek who may happen to have mewelde moore on their roster, or a fan whose self identety is defined by how many championships their favorite teams wins.

i see the intentions of your assessment but you fail to see the forrest beyond the trees. EVERYBODY here wants the steelers to win a superbowl this year. even our resident brownfans. but your simplified numbers based on the past 5 games are like daytraders telling warren buffett he was crazy to hold onto his "brick and mortar" stocks, as they were putting all their money into internet incubators and "dot coms" such as pets.com.

look whos rich now....

tomlin knows willie and mewelde better than you. you, as a fan, have a right to question his decisions, but you, as a fan, have a 99% chance of being completely WRONG. tomlin has ran the wheels off willie, and he knows firsthand of the wheels coming off mewelde as a viking.

what is the sense of running mewelde until he breaks a leg in the 2nd to last game of the season when we need him and willie both healthy in the playoffs?

a wise manager will spread the risk, and that is exactly what tomlin is doing. plus, there used to be a "code" in football that a player doesnt lose his job due to injury. that code is long gone, but i can appreciate tomlins old school approach. i guarantee you the players do to, and they will go to war for him because of it.

just ask ryan clark.

period :helmet:>>>>(this is a giant period) Let me start by saying that I really appreciate this post. You have a respectful disagreement and state as much with logic. No insults, no innuendo, only football discussion.

Now to the point where I disagree!

As others have noted, Shaun Alexander was waived and is not currently employed. Further, I will be the first to note that FWP looked fantastic in week 1 against the Texans. The problem is that we are 15 weeks later and FWP has had no such great games since. Yes he his hurt, his OL is poor and his OC is bad or worse, but the fact remains.

Second, no I have never ever thought about benching Big Ben.

Third, Warren Buffett never invested in Pets.com or anything similar and thats one of the reasons he is rich. Buffett invests in data and facts, and all the data and facts say tthat FWP isnt producing.

Fourth, I do NOT assume that any NFL coach knows players better or worse than you or I do. Frankly, they make mistakes all the time. They all passed on Tom Brady 6 times in the draft, half the teams rated Ryan Leaf higher than Peyton Manning and Mike Tomlin and crew would not use Max Starks and turned to Carey Davis instead of Mewelde Moore as recently as this year. Coaches screw this stuff up all the time.

Fifth, you cannot assume MM will get hurt and FWP will not, when FWP has had 3 seperate issues in the last year, whereas MM has not missed a game since 2004.

Now perhaps you are correct that a player doesnt lose his spot due to being hurt but that would be the best explanation so far. The coaches have to know the disparity in production since it is easily figured out. This is what I do not understand.

Again, while I disagree, I appreciate the honest discussion.

UltimateFootballNetwork
12-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Parker doesn't have the mileage that Shaun "Alexandria" has. Remember Parker hardly played even in college. At least give him a chance to get healthy before casting him off to the Sweat Suit Model Hall of Shame.

Carries 05-07

FWP 913
Shaun Alexander 829

tony hipchest
12-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Shaun Alexander got cut several weeks ago from the 'skins when Betts came back from injury. And he tried out for 3 other teams, Saints, Bungles, and Lions and none of them thought he was worth offering a contract so the guy pretty much sucked. His performance in washington shows that and at the time he was running behind the oline that was producing the leagues leading rusher clinton portis. The only reason washington signed him is because of Danny Synders love affair with veteran free agents

:oops: oh. i thought he just sucked bad enough that he was simply riding the pine.

you know, for league minimum, he might look good in the bla...

:wink02:

OneForTheToe
12-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Carries 05-07

FWP 913
Shaun Alexander 829

Nevertheless, Willie had very few carries in college and early in his carear with the Steelers.

Alexander had 700 carries in college and over 2100 carries in the pros. That is 2800 carries since high school. I doubt Parker has 1500 carries since high school.

So, I go back to what I said< ... Alexander has more mileage than Parker.

Preacher
12-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Can we please just let this entire issue drop. . . whether it is supporting or yelling about Willie...

enough is enough.

http://www.colossiansthreesixteen.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/flogger350x450.jpg

Galax Steeler
12-20-2008, 05:19 AM
Can we please just let this entire issue drop. . . whether it is supporting or yelling about Willie...

enough is enough.

http://www.colossiansthreesixteen.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/flogger350x450.jpg

I agree preacher this issue is getting old.

steelpride12
12-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Parker did nothing to deserve this. He has a season of injury last season misses the last 2 games and he would have had the most yards without injury. He gives us an advantage to the super bowl win with a 75 yard run. One little season where he has been injured and everyone gives up on him. Im not worried everyone will see like it or not Parker will remain the starter.

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Parker did nothing to deserve this. He has a season of injury last season misses the last 2 games and he would have had the most yards without injury. He gives us an advantage to the super bowl win with a 75 yard run. One little season where he has been injured and everyone gives up on him. Im not worried everyone will see like it or not Parker will remain the starter.

i'd never give up on Parker. he is a HUGE chunk of this team and damn those who want to hate on him. they're called Fairweather fans. it's just sad that it goes from dissing a team when they lose or suck, to dissing a player when they can't play to their top potential due to injury or a tad bit of an off season!

aslong as the man is still in our roster i'll still have love for him. if you don't want to be a Steeler...good riddance (Randle-El, Porter, Faneca) love ya...miss ya...suck it. =)

Parker is a great asset and deserves more credit. straight up.

revefsreleets
12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
A LOT of people did this to Bettis, too.

It's "what have you done for me lately".

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-20-2008, 04:48 PM
It's not really what he's done lately. Honestly, i'm not saying to bench him, but even when he was leading the league in rushing, he wasn't very consistent. It's like one carry for one yard, one carry for 2 yards, one carry for -1 yard, then a carry for 45 yards. So it says he has 12 ypc on the stat sheet, but in reality that's not true. Not hatin', just sayin'.

UltimateFootballNetwork
12-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Parker did nothing to deserve this. He has a season of injury last season misses the last 2 games and he would have had the most yards without injury. He gives us an advantage to the super bowl win with a 75 yard run. One little season where he has been injured and everyone gives up on him. Im not worried everyone will see like it or not Parker will remain the starter. Deserve what? He is averaging 3.8 yds/carry and the offense hasnt gotten into the endzone with him on the field in FIVE games. Any player in the NFL who struggles can get replaced.

Wondering whether the backup can do better (when he clearly has to date) is not hate its simply intelligent football discussion.

TeeJay
12-20-2008, 07:06 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::bla h::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah

For f**ks sake.....just leave FWP alone!! When will you people be happy? When he's gone and skinning us? 'Cause that's what's gonna happen.

And on your heads be it!

Shame on you all. (And I know who you are............and where you live!!)

Stlrs4Life
12-20-2008, 07:09 PM
As you said he is hurt and is doing what he can, but he is not the most productive RB currently on the roster.

Thats not hate, its an objective analysis. Nothing more.

Exactly, and until Willie is 100% healed it is going to be the same. Our running game period has to be better.

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 07:09 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::bla h::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah

well said. haha!

if the offense was better than it is now, then we can blame Parker for the lack of running the ball. BUT, since we suck at getting ball in the TD Area...we can't place blame on anyone except Mr. Arian. right?

Boomerang
12-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Still a FWP believer and confident he will get healthy next year.

steelreserve
12-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Parker is the Kordell Stewart of this era of the Steelers.

He's sometimes flashy, capable of putting up good overall numbers, and capable of having a great game -- and he does those things just often enough to keep stringing everyone along thinking we can cobble together a good offense with him as the starter. But he's inconsistent, completely useless in certain areas, his bad games are truly wretched, and he lets you down at key points.

Since he's a running back and not a quarterback, Parker's bad games aren't quite the same deadly knife-in-the-back-of-the-neck affairs as when Kordell would have a fumble and three interceptions, including one on first-and-goal with a minute left. But when he has the 40-yards-on-18-carries disasters that he seems to crack out about once every three games, you can bet your ass that if we win, we win in spite of him.

HometownGal
12-21-2008, 05:55 AM
well said. haha!

if the offense was better than it is now, then we can blame Parker for the lack of running the ball. BUT, since we suck at getting ball in the TD Area...we can't place blame on anyone except Mr. Arian. right?

haha!

Yep - it's all Arians fault, even the lack of execution. haha!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-21-2008, 03:11 PM
18 carries, 29 yards. That's where all the hate is coming from.

The Duke
12-21-2008, 03:14 PM
18 carries, 29 yards. That's where all the hate is coming from.

Where were the holes?

No oline blocking, no running

that simple

steelreserve
12-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Where were the holes?

that simple

No offense, but if you need a hole big enough to push a wheelbarrow through to gain more than a yard, it's not all the line's fault.

Edman
12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
MeMo was a bigger factor than Willie Today.

I wish we didn't lose Mendenhall.

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Where were the holes?

that simple

Parker:

18 carries for 29 yards Subtract his 13 yards run:
17 carries for 16 yards

Moore:

3 carries for 28 yards. Subtract his 17 yard run:
2 carries for 11 yards

Why does Moore find holes in games that Parker doesn't. I know you're an objective guy Duke. You know Parker is a problem despite the o-line, whether you want to admit right now or not.

pepsyman1
12-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Where were the holes?

that simple

The man is right. Willie got tackled in the backfield for a loss 6 times (a THIRD of his carries). There isn't a lot a RB is gonna do if the defenders are already in the backfield by the time he gets the ball.

JEFF4i
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Okay. So far this year MM is averaging about a half yard more than WP, in his first big year of running the ball.

I like Willie, and I say we keep him, but he's an all or nothing back. If he doesn't do much in the first half, bench him.

PalmerSteel
12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
you still drinking the koolaid, i am not hatin on willie, but he dances and prances too much and as shaky as our line is, he doesnt have the "mass" like moore to have more positive, consistant runs. we dont need excellence in our run game, we just need more consistancy, which means we need to start moore!

steelersfanman92
12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Okay. So far this year MM is averaging about a half yard more than WP, in his first big year of running the ball.

I like Willie, and I say we keep him, but he's an all or nothing back. If he doesn't do much in the first half, bench him.

I dont hink he really needs to be benched because he is such a big homerun threat, but I definetly think that MM needs to be getting more carries. I would love to see the two of them back there that would for sure throw off the D

JEFF4i
12-21-2008, 03:36 PM
I dont hink he really needs to be benched because he is such a big homerun threat, but I definetly think that MM needs to be getting more carries. I would love to see the two of them back there that would for sure throw off the D

Well, not necessarily bench him, but give him the ball less. Bring him out on 1st and 2nd down, and maybe mix in some play action so they don't get too predictable. In general, MM has shown himself more consistant. We aren't the Vikings, we aren't the Chargers. We are a time-controlling STEEL team.

PalmerSteel
12-21-2008, 03:37 PM

thats the problem. to stay with your baseball analogy, we dont need the home run hitter to go where we want to go. we just need some consistany AKA, a good base hitter. moore: solid base hitter. parker: either strikes out or home run. most of this season: strikeouts.

Hapa
12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
It's mainly because MeMo is playing so much better than him.

steelreserve
12-21-2008, 04:01 PM

Home run threat? That's the dumbest trait you can look for in a running back.

Parker breaks off a 60- or 80-yard "home run" maybe once a season if we're lucky. But he has an absolute turd of a performance like this once every two or three games.

Frankie3521
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM
I forgot, who was the leader f the longest run in Super Bowl history, I forgot. Who was it again?

Oh, is that how a starting running back position should be determined? Fans on this site are so hard-headed and sometimes even, ignorant.

steelreserve
12-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh, is that how a starting running back position should be determined? Fans on this site are so hard-headed and sometimes even, ignorant.

What, didn't you know that making a big play in a Super Bowl means you're infallible for life? I mean, would you question the long-term value of Larry Brown or Desmond Howard? Huh? Huh?

Oh. Wait.

GridironWarrior
12-21-2008, 04:15 PM
The only people who should be bashed is the Oline, the Oline coach, and Arians. Willie can't block and run at the same time.

steelreserve
12-21-2008, 04:18 PM
The only people who should be bashed is the Oline, the Oline coach, and Arians. Willie can't block and run at the same time.

Yeah! He has a hard enough time just running!

HometownGal
12-21-2008, 06:40 PM

BINGO! :thumbsup::drink: I've been preaching this since MeMo became a Steeler. :tt03:

pepsyman1
12-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Willie is still the same guy that was 4th in the league last year in rush yardage. I'd be the first guy to say that I never thought that FWP was the best match for the type of running game we always had, but I've been waiting for them to start adjusting the blocking schemes FOR him...what did we do?....we did the opposite and took away the FB! Our O line isn't strong enough for the single back set that Arians keeps trying to use.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Guys. Willie Parker WAS great. But that time is gone. Look at Barry Foster, Bam Morris, etc. He got his good 3-4 years. Get Mendenhall and Moore the ball.

lambertlunaticfan
12-21-2008, 08:11 PM
why all the willie parker hate?watch him play,thats why,just watch todays titans game.

GodofGridiron
12-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Someone......anyone.....put together a list of Willie's strengths........and after that, put together a list of Willies weaknesses....throw in tendencies and see what we got.......

Roethlisberger Era
12-21-2008, 09:02 PM
I think some serious consideration should be for Mewelde Moore to get the bulk of the playing time. Everytime he's in there, his production is considerably better than Willie's, and he is a very good reciever. I just don't think Willie is at full speed yet. Hopefully, he will be 100% in 3 weeks.

PalmerSteel
12-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Someone......anyone.....put together a list of Willie's strengths........and after that, put together a list of Willies weaknesses....throw in tendencies and see what we got.......

strengths- too many to list. a great runner
weakness- prances behind the line too much after getting ball. body weight/mass/movement doesnt get him the consistant positive runs needed for a below average offensive line. these weaknesses trump all strengths with our current team, a team that can win it all with great d and just consistant positive runs and conservative passing.

willie should play for sure. even start him if you have to. it dont matter. just have melwede in there about 75% and willie 25%.