PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Now Control Their Destiny...

Suitanim
12-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Win out, and we are in, and likely playing the Bengals. Thanks Giants!!!!

Anybody still want Dick Vermeil as the Steelers coach?

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks a bunch G-Men! Seasons Greetings!

Suitanim
12-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Now we just need to win out...

CASTEEL
12-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Another THANKS GIANTS!!!

I kinda miss Paxico.... but that's another thread all together :smile:

GO STEELERS!!!

AvoidLLoyd95
12-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Who in the hell would want that crybaby, lip licking, squinty eyed bastard as a head coach. I would have to root for someone else if I had to look at his face every week. WTG Gints! Now the boys need to beat the Viqueens and take care of business. It is a good day.

Atlanta Dan
12-17-2005, 08:36 PM
The Chiefs and Chargers have delivered early Christmas gifts by San Diego losing at home and the Chiefs suffering 2 tough losses on the road.

After kicking away the Jax and Baltimore games, if the Steelers cannot win out against 3 mediocre teams they do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

We actually also need to hope Jax wins out - whoever is the #5 wildcard seed gets New England and I would want no part of them at Foxboro to start the playoffs.

Definitely fired up for tomorrow and I bet the Steelers will be too!

figg
12-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Win out, and we are in, and likely playing the Bengals. Thanks Giants!!!!

Anybody still want Dick Vermeil as the Steelers coach?

Steelers better take advantage!

And yes i'd take Vermeil over Cowher.

TasmanianTroy271
12-17-2005, 08:41 PM
That game sucked for me, I hate the Giants but I needed them to win... The only person I like on there is Tiki...anyways, whoever said we should get Dick Vermeil to coach the steelers? His lip-licking annoys me on the game recaps, let alone once a week for 4 hours for the whole season!

AvoidLLoyd95
12-17-2005, 08:44 PM
That game sucked for me, I hate the Giants but I needed them to win... The only person I like on there is Tiki...anyways, whoever said we should get Dick Vermeil to coach the steelers? His lip-licking annoys me on the game recaps, let alone once a week for 4 hours for the whole season!
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ambridge
12-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Way to go Giants!!

BTW does anyone else think that Chiefs D-Coordinator Gunther Cunningham looks stupid with those yellow tint glasses?? :eyecrazy:

AvoidLLoyd95
12-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Way to go Giants!!

BTW does anyone else think that Chiefs D-Coordinator Gunther Cunningham looks stupid with those yellow tint glasses?? :eyecrazy:
Yea, I did. Him and Vermeil make a dickwad sandwich, don't they?

Prosdo
12-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Woohoo! Thanks Giants!

SteelCityMan786
12-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Thank You Mr. coughlin. Your Giants Helped us. Unlike The Baltimore Ratbirds.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Way to go Giants!!

Yeah, he does. And he's worn them for years.

StillerPaul
12-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Man has this past 2 weeks been wild. We better win out now or i'll be super pissed. lol

Thanks Giants!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2005, 10:46 PM
We got what we wanted.. a way to control our own destiny again when it seemed so unlikely just a couple short weeks ago !!

Let's not squander this opportunity !

Grey
12-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Just finished watching KC get their butts kicked. Thanks to the Giants.

We now control our own destiny. Win, and we're in.

I'll bet most of the Steelers players were watching that one, and you gotta believe that this will get them hitting even harder tomorrow.

Let's take it to 'em.

I couldn't be more fired up. A four game winning streak at the end of the season will be a great way to rumble into the playoffs. I think it's all setting up very well for us. I think we will either get the Bengals or Patriots in the Wildcard week. Bring 'em on. Good revenge either way.

First things first, though. Let's have another physical and complete game tomorrow.

:tt:

HERE WE GO.
Grey

Grey
12-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Oops, just saw Suit's post below. Sorry.

Oh, well, delete it if you want, but. . . . . LET"S GO STEELERS.

:tt:

Here we go.
Grey

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2005, 11:29 PM
we'll just merge it.. no biggie.. :tt:

pitt
12-18-2005, 12:20 AM
:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

figg
12-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Sorry to burst our bubbles :redface: If the Jags,SD,and Steelers finish with the same record SD is the 5th seed and Jags 6th :rolleyes: .

Koopa
12-18-2005, 12:50 AM
i'm a little late, but this game was great, i got my fantasy points from larry johnson and their kicker, and i got a W by the giants, damn tiki ran his ass off today. i thought eli was gonna mess it up for us but thank god for tiki. and like someone said hopefully the jags win out too cause the pats may not be that great but they probably still have our number so i rather play an on experinced bengals team in the first round. go steelers and go colts

Koopa
12-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Sorry to burst our bubbles :redface: If the Jags,SD,and Steelers finish with the same record SD is the 5th seed and Jags 6th :rolleyes: .

well whoever told you that slap him or her, we have the tie breaker over the chargers cause of our head to head game, and the jags are 9-4 so if they win out they get the 5th seed. so yeah like i said slap whoever told you that

figg
12-18-2005, 01:00 AM
well whoever told you that slap him or her, we have the tie breaker over the chargers cause of our head to head game, and the jags are 9-4 so if they win out they get the 5th seed. so yeah like i said slap whoever told you that

If we finish in a 3 way tie it's SD and the Jags that get in -The four division winners would be the same, the two wildcards would be Jax and San Diego by virtue of a better conference record (all 5 Steeler losses are conference games)....

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the three Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference

Koopa
12-18-2005, 01:09 AM
well it don't matter, chargers are gonna lose tomorrow, and the jags are gonna win out and so are we, so we are in so we don't have to worry about no ifs lol

figg
12-18-2005, 01:10 AM
well it don't matter, chargers are gonna lose tomorrow, and the jags are gonna win out and so are we, so we are in so we don't have to worry about no ifs lol

lol I hope they all lose :grin:

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 04:08 AM
Jacksonville's last 3 opponents are San Francisco, Houston, and Tennessee. They should win all of them in my opinion, but they could drop one.

Opponents combined record as of now 6-32

San Diego's last 3 opponents are Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Denver. I think they will win two of these games and lose one. They could possibly lose two.

Opponents combined record as of now 32-9

As long as we win out and Jacksonville doesn't totally fall apart I think were fine.

Atlanta Dan
12-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Jacksonville's last 3 opponents are San Francisco, Houston, and Tennessee. They should win all of them in my opinion, but they could drop one.

Opponents combined record as of now 6-32

San Diego's last 3 opponents are Indianapolis, Seattle, and Arizona. I think they will win two of these games and lose one. They could possibly lose two.

Opponents combined record as of now 28-11

As long as we win out and Jacksonville doesn't totally fall apart I think were fine.

San Diego's last three opponents are Indy (road), KC (road), and Denver (home) - I believe you mixed up the last two games for Indy & SD

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Whoops. Thanks for pointing that out. Let me edit my previous post.

clevestinks
12-18-2005, 10:29 AM
I cant see Sd being a problem considering thier schedule

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 10:30 AM
They have a really tough one and that loss to Miami killed them. Jacksonville would have to totally fall apart for them not to win.

RichmondVA
12-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Figg, I was about to call BS on your interpretation on the tie-breaking procedure for three or more teams vying for the two wild card spots? but I can?t!

Now I need to keep an eye on the Jags. Go Jags Go Jags! I like the two team tie-breaking procedure for the last wild card spot. Head to Head vs San Diego is all good then.

Still... lots of FOOTBALL to be played.

clevestinks
12-18-2005, 11:32 AM
It does get a little confusing with a three way tie break! But whatever it takes. Lets win out and the cards fall where they lay! With us in the postseason

Sharkissle29
12-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Steelers better take advantage!

And yes i'd take Vermeil over Cowher.
just looking at vermeil makes me hate him

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Current Wildcard Race

Jacksonville 10-4
Pittsburgh 9-5
San Diego 9-5
Kansas City 8-6

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Win out and we're in !! Thats all we need to know..nad all we need to focus on !

Suitanim
12-18-2005, 06:09 PM
The first determination is head to head, and we beat SD.

We win out and we are in.

clevestinks
12-18-2005, 06:39 PM
I wish it were as easy as win and in! We still need a little help!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2005, 07:10 PM
We'll be fine if we get in the playoffs, dont worry all..

the jags are stumbling and bumbling right now and we're playing better..

clevestinks
12-18-2005, 07:41 PM
I understand that, and I agree that once we get in, we can do some damage. I`m still concerned about winning out, and still possibly not getting in!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2005, 08:21 PM
All we can do is out part.. win the last 2 games and put ourselves in the position we need to best help ourselves. Its frustrating when you have to play for a wildcard but it can definatley be an inspiration for us too. Us against the world and playing on the road is always a good thing for us. :tt:

clevestinks
12-18-2005, 08:25 PM
We will come up with another win this week. Cleveland can be ran on, so our O-line can have a field day, if they can ever quit with all the false starts

SteelCityMan786
12-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Just have to come up with a win and we will be FINE! Keep It Up Guys.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2005, 09:09 PM
We will come up with another win this week. Cleveland can be ran on, so our O-line can have a field day, if they can ever quit with all the false starts

no doubt, especially w/ Kendall Simmons..but yeah we can run all day on them and break their will and take the crowd out of it.

SteelerFanInCA
12-20-2005, 02:34 PM
The other games will take care of themselves. Let's just take care of business from our end. Yeah the Chargettes beat the Colts but this is the same team that lost to the Phins a week before. That's the beauty of this game, anything can happen on any given Sunday!!!

junglejimmy
12-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Take care of your division and you wouldn't have to worry about the afc west teams.I hope you guys make it so we can finish what we started to be the best you got to beat the best ,and i hate to admit it but the steelers are the better team from the north but i think the run of the steelers taken the afc north is history .Bengals from top to bottom is way more better than the steelers.We are the champs and you guys are the scrubs man it feels great to be a bengal .Bengals Forever Steelers never Who Dey!?!?!?!?! gonna beat them bengals Not the steelers:tt: :tt: http://who-dey2005.tripod.com/2005NorthChamps.png

Livinginthe past
12-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Take care of your division and you wouldn't have to worry about the afc west teams.I hope you guys make it so we can finish what we started to be the best you got to beat the best ,and i hate to admit it but the steelers are the better team from the north but i think the run of the steelers taken the afc north is history .Bengals from top to bottom is way more better than the steelers.We are the champs and you guys are the scrubs man it feels great to be a bengal .Bengals Forever Steelers never Who Dey!?!?!?!?! gonna beat them bengals Not the steelers:tt: :tt: http://who-dey2005.tripod.com/2005NorthChamps.png

Tell you what Jimmy - you must be the luckiest football fan out there.

The Bengals won the AFCN in the VERY FIRST YEAR you started to follow them.....of course you probably supported the Pats the last couple of years didn't ya?

Sucks to be you - Bandwagon fan.

NM

Suitanim
12-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Tell you what Jimmy - you must be the luckiest football fan out there.

The Bengals won the AFCN in the VERY FIRST YEAR you started to follow them.....of course you probably supported the Pats the last couple of years didn't ya?

Sucks to be you - Bandwagon fan.

NM

Hey, the Steelers enjoyed success the first year I followed them...then again, I was 6 years old.

Sharkissle29
12-20-2005, 04:42 PM
just another case of then 'we finally won the division, we are now the best team in football.' bengals fans get overly exctied about these type of things, whereas if we won we wouldnt really care. all that really matters is the superbowl, a place the bengals wont find themselves.

Livinginthe past
12-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey, the Steelers enjoyed success the first year I followed them...then again, I was 6 years old.

Well...thats two things you have in common with Jimmy then.

NM

AvoidLLoyd95
12-20-2005, 10:23 PM
If not for a couple of Maddox losses and your precious Bungles would still be where they usually would be. They are good this year, but don't clear a space on the mantel just yet, Bungle fan. Good luck, but shut up until your team can do it consistantly.

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2005, 10:53 PM

Go away troll and focus your attention on the Carson Palmer poster you look at on your bedroom wall every night.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Keep The Troll AKA Jungle Jimmy away from this site.

SteelerFanInCA
12-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Spoken like a true Bungles fan. Come back and post here after you get your asses hand to you in the play-offs.