PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland cracking down on their drunk fans

Fire Haley
12-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Browns security, city police put on a game-day blitz against disorder

http://blog.cleveland.com/browns_impact/2008/12/large_securecamsli.jpg

In such a dismal season, the home portion of which ends against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, season ticket-holders are more inclined to give their seats away or just stay home. That can mean a house more populated with frustrated fans and football amateurs more intent on partying than following the action on the field.

"I don't know what kind of crowd we're going to get," Cleveland Police Commander Thomas McCartney said, addressing a roomful of officers and the Dawg Squad at roll call hours before the Indianapolis game. "When the record gets like this, you just don't know."

Intoxicated fans were to be arrested, not ejected, unless they were with a sober friend or relative to drive them home.

"We're not here to debate anybody," supervising Lt. Holmes Gordon told the group. "They're gone."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/12/keeping_the_game_fun_browns_se.html

---------------------------------

No wonder they boo their own team so much - they're too sober.

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 12:13 PM
they should be cracking down on the SOBER fans looking to go into a game at all. they should check them out and make sure they're okay mentally because sober or not...i'm not going to a Browns game..,period! haha!

Steelcitygal87
12-20-2008, 12:40 PM
they should be cracking down on the SOBER fans looking to go into a game at all. they should check them out and make sure they're okay mentally because sober or not...i'm not going to a Browns game..,period! haha!

:laughing: :drink:

MACH1
12-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Anything looks better through beer goggles.

TeeJay
12-20-2008, 01:44 PM
'Cleveland' and 'Crack'. That sums it up really. :noidea:

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 01:52 PM
'Cleveland' and 'Crack'. That sums it up really. :noidea:

HAHA! you must be on crack to love Cleveland! =)

revefsreleets
12-20-2008, 03:37 PM
These dudes must feel like Brody from "Jaws" wanting a bigger boat.

If they are going to crack down on drunk ignorant frustrated Browns fans, they are going to need THOUSANDS of well armed militia this weekend.