PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see success in the other Pittsburgh Teams?

TasmanianTroy271
12-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Now first off, I dont watch the Pirates or the Pens games. I never have, but being from Pittsburgh I can't help but hearing about them. There is all this talk of the Pens moving to KC or some other city. What do you guys think are the chances of that? The Penguins, just like the Steelers, are 100% Pittsburgh, and if they move I definately want a name change. Then there's the Pirates, will they ever have another winning season in Pittsburgh? From what I've heard, It's the Owners and Managers and FO that has the Pirates losing every year, not the players. How far away are they from being moved? Again, I don't watch either of their games so don't get mad at me for being ignorant. I just wanna know what's the Status on the other Pittsburgh Franchises.

Suitanim
12-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes and maybe yes. The Pens are a year or two and a couple moves away. If Mark Cuban buys the Pirates, expect to be the new Indians, but without the losing stigma that keeps you from losing games you should clearly win...

SteelCityMan786
12-17-2005, 08:48 PM
1. Penguins Are at a great risk of moving
2. The Pirates Better Sell The Team To Mark Cuban(Man Who knows how to spend his money. And It Not afraid to Spend it to bring Good Players)

Prosdo
12-17-2005, 08:56 PM
If the Pirates sell the team to someone who wants to spend money. Then yes. I can't stand the current ownership they have.

The Pens look great. I heard there might have been some progress between the Pens and the city. Hopefully that is true because I had a blast going to a game and watching them on tv has been fun.

clevestinks
12-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Pirates ownership lied. They came in claiming that they would spend money to help turn things around. Yeah Right. I agree bring on Mark Cuban.

Mario owes us, he better not leave, this city made him!

3 to be 4
01-10-2006, 09:17 PM
As a baseball fan from way back, (and of course a Red Sox fan), i miss the Pirates being good and i hope you get an owner like Cuban. I became a Pirate fan when they beat the hated Orioles in 1971. Steve Blass, Bruce Kison, Manny Sanguillen, Roberto and Willie

i would be great to see a comeback of a great baseball town

Brady12
01-10-2006, 09:48 PM
lol the Pengs will never be good again. 1992 was the last run.

83-Steelers-43
01-10-2006, 10:30 PM
As I stated in another thread. Patrick and Lemieux dropped the ball this year. The chemistry they put together was completely horrible. I can get into detail, but I won't. As for the future. We have Crosby, we have an excellent up and coming goalie and we have the best player that is not currently playing in the NHL under our thumb (Malkin). Those three players plus guys such as Quellet, Surovy, Talbot, Whitney, Orpik, Scuderi and Koltsov are all players that can contribute to making a solid hockey team in the future. I'm willing to wait. It's not any worse than waiting as long as the Bruins, Flyers, Leafs and Blues. That's for damn sure. As for the teams future. I see an agreement in the future with the Isle of Capri and us eventually getting an arena. This city and state realizes how much money a new arena could bring in for this city.

As for the Pirates. It's simple. Until baseball get's a salary cap, we won't be able to accomplish much. Even though our fans don't ***** and cry nearly as much as Boston Red Sox fans did before they won a World Series (even though they have had the second highest salary in baseball for how many years?) we can't really do much for this baseball team. The only short term answer is for McClatchy (who I feel is horrible) to sell the team to an owner who is willing and who has the money to spend. Baseball has become a complete joke over the years in my opinion.

The Steelers............all in time.

SteelerDan43
01-11-2006, 10:29 AM
lol the Pengs will never be good again. 1992 was the last run.

92-93 56 21 7 119 1st/Patr 7 5 Div. Finals Scotty Bowman
93-94 44 27 13 101 1st/NE 2 4 Conf. QF Eddie Johnston
94-95 29 16 3 61 2nd/NE 5 7 Conf. Semis Eddie Johnston
95-96 49 29 4 102 1st/NE 11 7 Conf. Finals Eddie Johnston
96-97 38 36 8 84 2nd/NE 1 4 Conf. QF Eddie Johnston, Craig Patrick
97-98 40 24 18 98 1st/NE 2 4 Conf. QF Kevin Constantine
98-99 38 30 14 90 3rd/Atl 6 7 Conf. Semis Kevin Constantine
99-00 37 37 8 88 3rd/Atl 6 5 Conf. Semis Kevin Constantine, Herb Brooks
00-01 42 28 9 3 96 3rd/Atl 9 9 Conf. Finals Ivan Hlinka

Taken form letsgopens.com

They have made a few more runs, two Conf. Finals and 3 Semis. It's not like they were constantly 1 and done they had good teams but could never quite get over the hump

SteelerDan43
01-11-2006, 10:46 AM
As I stated in another thread. Patrick and Lemieux dropped the ball this year. The chemistry they put together was completely horrible. I can get into detail, but I won't. As for the future. We have Crosby, we have an excellent up and coming goalie and we have the best player that is not currently playing in the NHL under our thumb (Malkin). Those three players plus guys such as Quellet, Surovy, Talbot, Whitney, Orpik, Scuderi and Koltsov are all players that can contribute to making a solid hockey team in the future. I'm willing to wait. It's not any worse than waiting as long as the Bruins, Flyers, Leafs and Blues. That's for damn sure. As for the teams future. I see an agreement in the future with the Isle of Capri and us eventually getting an arena. This city and state realizes how much money a new arena could bring in for this city.

As for the Pirates. It's simple. Until baseball get's a salary cap, we won't be able to accomplish much. Even though our fans don't ***** and cry nearly as much as Boston Red Sox fans did before they won a World Series (even though they have had the second highest salary in baseball for how many years?) we can't really do much for this baseball team. The only short term answer is for McClatchy (who I feel is horrible) to sell the team to an owner who is willing and who has the money to spend. Baseball has become a complete joke over the years in my opinion.

The Steelers............all in time.

I really believe that the Pirates are moving in the right direction... Bay and Perez for Giles was amazing... The Ramirez trade sucked but along with the Benson trade were both salary dumps. I think we are really on the upside of this horribly long depression. We have a hometown boy in Casey to hold down the fort as the clubhouse guy and 1B untill Eldred is ready. We are set up the middle with J.Wilson and Castillo and also with Left and Center in Bay and Duffy. With Doumit and Walker we have a decent catcher and a possible hometown star. Out Rotation is awfuly young for my liking but very good none the less with Perez Wells Duke Burnett and JVB with Snell also in the mix there. I would like to have a decent middle of the road vet to sure it up but oh well. We also have what could be a star closer in Gonzalez who has shown flashes of brilliance. I think the pitching staff as a whole will do better now with Spin gone. So that leaves only two major holes in 3B and RF. We have Randa and Burnitz as stop gaps for now but we need a long term solution. We took Andrew S McCutchen who was a CF in last years draft along with a RF in the second round so we are trying to adress it. I think we are finally on the upside. Look at what Milwaukee did last year with alot of rookies... I dont think that is out of the question for us and at the least in our future

matt314hew
01-17-2006, 06:36 PM
the Pirates will have a good run this year to go .500.

The pens will be good again. as for the team moving, they are close to having arrangements for the slots to pay for the new arena.

I hope we can get a few runs for championships in the next few years.

83-Steelers-43
01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm glad your positive about this ball team, personally I would not be shocked to see another below .500 season. It's says alot about our team when fans become content with barely making it over .500 every year. We still don't have a big bat on this team, unless you consider Bay up to that level (which I don't). This team still has questionable area's of concern. Could we get over .500 after what? 15 years, this season? Maybe, but that's not saying much for an organization who turned away many fans with their lies and broken promises.

McClatchy goes out, picks up Casey (a name) to get people in the seats so he can make his last few bucks with the All-Star game and then hopefully the fans and media will pressure this bum to get out of this city. Until he is gone, my positivity, emotion and money for the future of this ball team is non-existant.

drizze99
01-17-2006, 11:43 PM
When I lived in the 'Burgh, the Pirates were always a contending team. We had players like Drabek, Bonilla, Bonds & Van Slyke... oh and I can't forget Spanky!! I am still bitter about losing to the Braves in the championship by a run scored by none other than Sid F-ing Bream.

McClatchy is a total F-ING tool. The Pirates are the professional minor league team for the rest of the league. We make them good and then trade them away for more prospects that we turn into good ball players and the cycle begins again...

As for the Pens, I love them!! I hate the fact that I can't watch them. I could get the NHL package on DirectTV, but the wifey says only one, so the NFL Sunday Ticket it is. Mario does not owe the city anything (IMO). He saved the franchise once already. What pisses me off the most is the 'bandwagon' fans. Yea, I know it's tough to watch your team lose but a true fan would suck it up and go. I know I would still be going to games. I was in my glory in the early 90's when the Pens won the up in back to back seasons. I even skipped school to go to the point and celebrate... good times. I would be distrought if the Pens move. I truely hope the State steps up to the plate and helps with a new area. We need a state-of-the-art facility. Period.