PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh vs. Nashville

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 03:48 PM
which is the better city and why?

beSteelmyheart
12-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Need you ask?:laughing:
Seriously, though, why does Pittsburgh keep such a powerful hold over people that have moved away? (many times because of circumstances beyond their control)
Mom & I moved away from the area in 1984 & I still get homesick after all of this time, after going back & forth across the country, I still wish I could move back. It still has a powerful hold over many of us "transplants" & that's why we are so good at taking over stadiums! :thumbsup:

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 06:58 PM
it wasn't really a rhetorical question...so, yes...i DID have to ask! haha!

BUT...

i've never been to Nashville. but being born and living in PIttsburgh is a blessing for me. it'll take a lot to raise the bar to top this city. =)

beSteelmyheart
12-20-2008, 07:03 PM
This article is older, but still one of my favorites.
http://www.usaweekend.com/03_issues/030518/030518springtravel.html

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 07:06 PM
This article is older, but still one of my favorites.
http://www.usaweekend.com/03_issues/030518/030518springtravel.html

i like their thinking. BUT, i still would've picked Pittsburgh as number one. the skyline from Mt. Washington is the most beautiful thing ive seen since the ocean and the birth of my nephew. =)

pittsburghp8baller
12-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Need you ask?:laughing:
Seriously, though, why does Pittsburgh keep such a powerful hold over people that have moved away? (many times because of circumstances beyond their control)
Mom & I moved away from the area in 1984 & I still get homesick after all of this time, after going back & forth across the country, I still wish I could move back. It still has a powerful hold over many of us "transplants" & that's why we are so good at taking over stadiums! :thumbsup:

same thing i have felt for my whole life, and i didnt live their nearly as long as most on here have. i usually spent my summers, and spring break up there but did go to school for a couple of years. no matter where i live though, i always consider Pittsburgh my home. i cant really explain why its jus something bout the place, i know i eventually want to move up there permentaly

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 07:25 PM
same thing i have felt for my whole life, and i didnt live their nearly as long as most on here have. i usually spent my summers, and spring break up there but did go to school for a couple of years. no matter where i live though, i always consider Pittsburgh my home. i cant really explain why its jus something bout the place, i know i eventually want to move up there permentaly

it's an amazing metropolis. everytime i go back i never want to leave. that place will never make me jaded and it'll always hold a place in my heart. everytime i go to the city i always do something new and exciting and i know there is a shit ton more stuff to do the next time i come down. -- it's no wonder it was voted the most livable city in America last year AND it might be in the running this year too. =)