PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl here we come... :)

PisnNapalm
12-21-2008, 12:42 AM
A little background first...

Back in December 2005 I was shopping just before Christmas. I saw and bought myself the "Four Time Super Bowl Champions" hat. I figured I'd wear it at work just to irk some pesky birds fans.

I only wore that hat for the rest of that December, January and a little in February. After we won Super Bowl XL I retired that hat and haven't worn it since.

Today, while shopping and again just before Christmas, I bought myself the yellow version of the "Five Time Super Bowl Champions" hat. So it stands to reason then that the Steelers will make it to the super bowl and win Lombardi Trophy number 6. :)

It looks like this hat only yellow instead of black. http://news.steelers.com/catalog/product/65360/

I'm gonna wear this hat proudly to work and, hopefully, retire it in a couple months. :wink02:

Guttpuppy
12-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Good sign... how about you sleep in it as well. :chuckle:

Steelers
12-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Whew! I can rest easy now. :)

Dodt
12-21-2008, 01:37 AM
speaking of weird omens back when superbowl XXX rolled around i received a mug celebrating the event . fast forward ten years its a couple of weeks before the steelers playoff run i broke said mug, and well the steelers win xl.

HometownGal
12-21-2008, 06:57 AM
A little background first...

Back in December 2005 I was shopping just before Christmas. I saw and bought myself the "Four Time Super Bowl Champions" hat. I figured I'd wear it at work just to irk some pesky birds fans.

I only wore that hat for the rest of that December, January and a little in February. After we won Super Bowl XL I retired that hat and haven't worn it since.

Today, while shopping and again just before Christmas, I bought myself the yellow version of the "Five Time Super Bowl Champions" hat. So it stands to reason then that the Steelers will make it to the super bowl and win Lombardi Trophy number 6. :)

It looks like this hat only yellow instead of black. http://news.steelers.com/catalog/product/65360/

I'm gonna wear this hat proudly to work and, hopefully, retire it in a couple months. :wink02:

Don't you take that hat off PNP - ya hear? The Steelers and we fans are counting on you! :wink02::tt02:

Galax Steeler
12-21-2008, 07:41 AM
I hope your hat brings us luck don't let nothing happen to that hat.

PisnNapalm
02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Well.... How about that... Coincidence or supernatural?

I will not wear that hat now... It's been put on the shelf next to the 4 Time Champs hat.

see...

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/sbhats.JPG

I really like that hat too. But... It's now obsolete and I won't wear it again.... ever.

I promise that next December I will go to the store and hold a 6-Time Champs hat in my hands, and if I get the feeling, I will buy it. If I don't get that "right time" feeling, I won't buy it.

December 2007, I held the 5-time hat in my hand but didn't buy. It didn't feel right at the time. It's hard to explain, but I knew we weren't going far in the playoffs that year.

anyway.... Thanks for reading.

Preacher
02-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Well.... How about that... Coincidence or supernatural?

I will not wear that hat now... It's been put on the shelf next to the 4 Time Champs hat.

see...

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/sbhats.JPG

I really like that hat too. But... It's now obsolete and I won't wear it again.... ever.

I promise that next December I will go to the store and hold a 6-Time Champs hat in my hands, and if I get the feeling, I will buy it. If I don't get that "right time" feeling, I won't buy it.

December 2007, I held the 5-time hat in my hand but didn't buy. It didn't feel right at the time. It's hard to explain, but I knew we weren't going far in the playoffs that year.

anyway.... Thanks for reading.

I know exactly what you mean. I had the same feeling, and if you remember my sig from a while back, I even announced it.

Funny thing is, if our draft and FA go the way I think it will, I am already starting to get that feeling about next year.

CPanther95
02-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I gave a Steelers 5 Time hat to a Cowboys fan. Told him I wouldn't need it anymore, and he could probably get a good 20 more years out of it.

PisnNapalm
02-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I gave a Steelers 5 Time hat to a Cowboys fan. Told him I wouldn't need it anymore, and he could probably get a good 20 more years out of it.

I nearly blew Pepsi all over my keyboard!! That's hysterical!!

Steelersfanforlife
02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
that's hilarious i hate the Cowboys

Stlrs4Life
02-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Great job pisnapalm.