PDA

View Full Version : Where's the D...

MillerMania83
12-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I mean Cmon....The D has been incredible all year long....But you tellin' me that they can't get to one of the slowest, most imobilbe QB's in NFL history....Give me a FREAKIN' break, where are the blitz's to get to Kerry Collins, I don't see them...Plus, there has been some terrible play calls on the O side of the ball also....The coaches need to take a look at what happened and this game plan today, cuz IMO, IT STINKS....Plus, I love Big Ben, but ya can't turn the ball over when your ready to drive into the end zone....And Jeff Reed, WTF, a 33 yd field goal ya miss, TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, there is NO EXCUSE for that, it might be windy, but from 33yds and your a pro, NO EXCUSE....Steelers really need a DEEP look inside and gut check after this performance in such a BIG GAME.

Jaquila
12-21-2008, 03:43 PM
so far it looks like That the Titans wants it more than us today, i think especially out D looks a little off.

you can see it on the reactions on the players, like they really cant find the energi to play.

the D just looks tired and not fired up and to be honest... I cant blame them lets rather skip the injuries and the win instead of takin the win, #1 seed and injuries after a hard fought game.

Still prayin for the win though

tyler289
12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
they can get to collins, but he's veteran and smart and he finds people to get the ball to at the last minute.

the defense in general looks tired. i guess playing the top teams in the nfl week after week is finally taking its toll

Jaquila
12-21-2008, 03:55 PM
almost every game this year, we have been meeting TOP offenses and the D have simply reached their limit.
Lets just see if we maybe still can snatch the win and if not.... well the pressure is completely off the players backs.
The Titans will be named the best team in AFC by the media and the Steelers will be under the radar again ready to take the Lombardi trophy.

Steeldude
12-21-2008, 03:55 PM
I mean Cmon....The D has been incredible all year long

blame the steelers' offense. this is the only game of the year when the steelers' D has struggled.

the defense can't do everything.

fansince'76
12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
And the knee-jerk reactionary bullshit begins. Gonna be a fun week.

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I mean Cmon....The D has been incredible all year long....But you tellin' me that they can't get to one of the slowest, most imobilbe QB's in NFL history....Give me a FREAKIN' break, where are the blitz's to get to Kerry Collins, I don't see them...Plus, there has been some terrible play calls on the O side of the ball also....The coaches need to take a look at what happened and this game plan today, cuz IMO, IT STINKS....Plus, I love Big Ben, but ya can't turn the ball over when your ready to drive into the end zone....And Jeff Reed, WTF, a 33 yd field goal ya miss, TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, there is NO EXCUSE for that, it might be windy, but from 33yds and your a pro, NO EXCUSE....Steelers really need a DEEP look inside and gut check after this performance in such a BIG GAME.

The offense needs to learn to win without the defense. The defense can't win 16 games.

HometownGal
12-21-2008, 04:03 PM
The offense eneds to learn to win without the defense. The defense can't win 16 games.

AMEN.

Our OL is embarrassing which hurts our running game. The D can't be expected to win games for us week after week after week and especially not in the playoffs.

PisnNapalm
12-21-2008, 04:05 PM
The D was fine today. The O came up short.... way short.... Hello... can we get some run blocking?

GridironWarrior
12-21-2008, 04:07 PM
The offense needs to learn to win without the defense. The defense can't win 16 games.

Agreed. That's why this isn't a Super Bowl Team.

plenewken
12-21-2008, 04:13 PM
The offense blew it big time, not the Defense. 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles, that's a lot to overcome.

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Agreed. That's why this isn't a Super Bowl Team.

Unfortunately, you might be right. I believe that this defense can play perfectly for 3 games straight. I also have some shread of hope that if the defense folds in one of two games, the offense will find a way.

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 04:17 PM
The offense blew it big time, not the Defense. 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles, that's a lot to overcome.

2 interceptions and the last one was a garbage time INT. No way we were going to come back and the Titans defense was hungry today, we're lucky Roethlisberger didn't get hurt on that last worthless drive.

MillerMania83
12-21-2008, 04:19 PM
I totally agree with ya's, our O came up big time short today...But that is the way the season has went so far....Maybe it's my fault to expect the D to stop a Titans O that really isn't that impressive if ya ask me....Like I said, maybe I'm out of line to expect out D to stop and blitz the hell out of one of the slowest, most immoble QB's to ever take a snap in the history of the NFL...Maybe out D is getting tired of "carrying" this team, if so, fine...But C'mon, I TOTALLY expected more, in game that had so much meaning, for our D to go into TN and show them what the whole league is talking about, and IMO, they didn't come close to doing that....Like I said, with Kerry, "Sitting Duck" Collins back there, WHERE THE HELL WERE THE BLITZ'S, Cuz they weren;t even close to stopping him today, that's for sure....Turnovers are killers, ecpecially when Ben fumbles twice, and Reed misses a chip shot (33 yds, cmon), but mybe I'm wrongf to expect the D to help keep it to where we might win it at the end, but that wasn't the case today, NOT EVEN CLOSE.