PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Ben you singlehandedly lost another one

Pages : 1 [2]

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Ben had a bad game, with 3 turnovers. but Taylor missed a tackle on 4th and 1 that ended up being a 21 yard TD.

Harrison only had 1 sack, one more than the entire rest of the defense. We didn't get any Turnovers, we allowed lots of pressure, the running game stunk all around, the play calling was a little suspect, but execution was worse by everyone.

Ben had a bad game. No doubt about it. But so did the entire rest of the team. heck, even Clutch Reed missed a Field Goal.

When he misses from inside 40, you know its a bad game.

mopit55
12-22-2008, 11:19 AM
look when an another team has some athletic defensive end like jason jones freeney,m.williams and others, willie colon has a physical of a guard not a tackle like 6.6 315.so change his position

OneForTheToe
12-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Actually, you're wrong. Ben can continue to play like sh*t and we can still win the SB. I think prior history would dictate that. RE: SB XL

Way to hedge your bet against a Super Bowl victory. So, when we are hoisting the trophy, giving Ben twice as many as Favre, you can come back and say we won, but Ben is still not a reason why regardless if he leads us from behind to do so.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Way to hedge your bet against a Super Bowl victory. So, when we are hoisting the trophy, giving Ben twice as many as Favre, you can come back and say we won, but Ben is still not a reason why.

I stated a fact.....nothing more, nothing less.

stlrtruck
12-22-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't see anywhere that we need a QB that doesn't turn the ball over more than help put points on the board. That may fall into the top 5.:coffee:

My point was to try to kill this thread which it isn't happening. My point was to also put out there that it was one game during the regular season. Bad games happen. I remember the year we went to the Super Bowl there were plenty of games like the one yesterday.

I think, as has been mentioned here before - it's a team win and trying to select one scape goat when there are many is useless. I'm beginning to believe that there are a lot of people on this board that regardless of the overall seasonal outcome they will find something, anything, someone, or anyone to bitch about!

And while I understand the concept of pointing out the obvious for some, it becomes mundane when every week it's something new. I'm fully aware that there are problems on our team but damn if we aren't 11-4 with the #2 seed and yet there are some fans who are acting like we're the Detroit Lines and playing for history instead of playing for a Super Bowl - oh wait that would be history too!!!

From my perspective as a fan, I have no problem with outrage when the team on a consistent bases plays like crap and loses games that they should win - i.e. Cowher's last season. However, when we're winning games, regardless of the fact that it's involving last minute come backs and lights out defense, we should be happy and moving forward to next week's game.

But it's a individual's choice on how they cheer for the team. I have my methods and I have my reason's for not bashing like some here choose to do.

But I bet even if we won the Super Bowl this year wth a light's out performance in all three phases of the game, there are some here that would find something to get their panties in a bunch and not live in the moment. Hell I'd had to see what this board would be like if we lost the Super Bowl.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 12:49 PM
My point was to try to kill this thread which it isn't happening. My point was to also put out there that it was one game during the regular season. Bad games happen. I remember the year we went to the Super Bowl there were plenty of games like the one yesterday.

I think, as has been mentioned here before - it's a team win and trying to select one scape goat when there are many is useless. I'm beginning to believe that there are a lot of people on this board that regardless of the overall seasonal outcome they will find something, anything, someone, or anyone to bitch about!

And while I understand the concept of pointing out the obvious for some, it becomes mundane when every week it's something new. I'm fully aware that there are problems on our team but damn if we aren't 11-4 with the #2 seed and yet there are some fans who are acting like we're the Detroit Lines and playing for history instead of playing for a Super Bowl - oh wait that would be history too!!!

From my perspective as a fan, I have no problem with outrage when the team on a consistent bases plays like crap and loses games that they should win - i.e. Cowher's last season. However, when we're winning games, regardless of the fact that it's involving last minute come backs and lights out defense, we should be happy and moving forward to next week's game.

But it's a individual's choice on how they cheer for the team. I have my methods and I have my reason's for not bashing like some here choose to do.

But I bet even if we won the Super Bowl this year wth a light's out performance in all three phases of the game, there are some here that would find something to get their panties in a bunch and not live in the moment. Hell I'd had to see what this board would be like if we lost the Super Bowl.

I agree with most of you post....I simply state facts. Ben turned the ball over FOUR times. I'm sick and tired of people blaming the O-line and defense for losses. But when we win, it's all Ben. If I didn't see the constant d*ck sucking of Ben go on, I'd keep my opinion to myself. But when it's constantly out there, I"m gonna voice my opinion. I'm tired of listening to it as I' m sure you're tired of listening to me.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-22-2008, 01:10 PM
I agree with most of you post....I simply state facts. Ben turned the ball over FOUR times. I'm sick and tired of people blaming the O-line and defense for losses. But when we win, it's all Ben. If I didn't see the constant d*ck sucking of Ben go on, I'd keep my opinion to myself. But when it's constantly out there, I"m gonna voice my opinion. I'm tired of listening to it as I' m sure you're tired of listening to me.

How about instead of going the complete other direction and state the truth rather than knee jerk Ben Bashing? Yesterday the whole team stunk it up. This can't rest on any one player. Ben sucked, the running game sucked, Reed missed, the defense didn't play up to par allowing many 3rd and 4th down conversions (one 4th and 1 for a 20 yard TD comes to mind)...

It was a bad game all around, no one looked like our usual Steelers out there.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
How about instead of going the complete other direction and state the truth rather than knee jerk Ben Bashing? Yesterday the whole team stunk it up. This can't rest on any one player. Ben sucked, the running game sucked, Reed missed, the defense didn't play up to par allowing many 3rd and 4th down conversions (one 4th and 1 for a 20 yard TD comes to mind)...

It was a bad game all around, no one looked like our usual Steelers out there.

See, you got it. But how many posts do you read that Ben isn't at fault? Crap like "what do you expect", saying it's the O-line's fault. I know we have O-line problems, but they don't touch the ball. The ball goes into Ben's hands and he turned it over FOUR times yesterday. Is it all Ben's fault? No.....but it's primarily his fault.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Actually, you're wrong. Ben can continue to play like sh*t and we can still win the SB. I think prior history would dictate that. RE: SB XLWell he did play like shit in that game too, but we had a running game to bail us out. Thats not happening this year!

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Well he did play like shit in that game too, but we had a running game to bail us out. Thats not happening this year!

exactly.....but don't fret about it. Ben will make everything all better!:coffee:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Promise?:crying01::frown:

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
well all the jets fan are screaming for favre to retire since he lost to the seahawks.

Can't really blame them, he should retire. I don't think it's only because he lost yesterday.

If you are just gonna use stats to push your thoughts and ignore the game, then just go ahead and post "biased Moore lover" on your sig. Why didnt you post the "Moore had a 17 yard run that skewed his stats" like the normal Parker haters would if Willie had a long run?? Some other Parker hater already posted that if you take out his 13 yard run.....it makes his average worse.

There were creases to run in sometimes and a lot of times nothing on those draws and off guard plays. I like Moore, I like the way he runs, catches and blocks. He is a complete football player. I think Parker ran the ball well when he didnt have a D-lineman on him almost taking the handoff, or making him move sideways because the hole wasnt there.

If you know anything about defensive football, you know that you want to make the back move laterally, so the rest of the defense can converge and gang tackle. When both Moore and Parker were able to run north-south, they did well. When they had to go east-west first, they got little or less. I put that on scheme, line blocking and lack of a FB. Even if you cant get any push from your O line, you gotta be able to draw up plays to get angles and make a lane north-south. Its why I am a proponent of Zeirline and Arians taking some blame.

Yes, I'm the idiot for proving 2+2=4 using numbers. You're the genious proving Parker's problem is as simple as 3 paragraphs of your football coaching OPINION. Numbers don't make mistakes, people do. You can go on and on about the line and lack of a fullback in every single one of your posts (people call me a broken record), but that doesn't change the fact that In the last 3 games Parker has:

44 carries for 101 yards, an average of 2.3 yards per carry

While Moore in the last 3 games has:

15 carries for 66 yards, an average of 4.4 yards per carry.

Moore is running behind the exact same line as Parker, which means there are only 3 possibilities:

1. Moore is better than Parker right now
2. The coaches are intentionally calling the rush plays that actually work when Moore is on the field and not when Parker is on the field because they dislike Parker and are trying to make him look bad.
3. The coaches are unintentionally calling the rush plays that actually work when Moore is on the field and not when Parker is on the field because the coaches are absolute morons.

There is no other logical possibility. And option 2 isn't all that logical.

You are like a broken record with this post... Tell me how many times were the Titans in the backfield about the same time he was getting the ball. Tell me how many times he had an actual hole to run through?

The fact of the matter is that our O-line didn't get the job done at all with a very pathetic effort. We let a ROOKIE get 4 sacks on Ben. They weren't blitzing all that much at all and we still couldn't block their 4 man line to save our life. It was disgusting to watch....

Sit there and keep waiting all season for a hole to be made so Willie can strut through for an 80 yard TD. And then hope he does it 3 times in 3 games.

Countering the blitz 101:

1. Establish a running game, forcing defense's to respect the rush and fear over running the running back on blitz's.

When Parker bounces off linemen's backs for 1 yard or no gain on the majority of his carries, no type of running game will ever be established and defense's will continue to blitz all game. Willie's problems are not a result of a horrible line, the horrible line is a result of Willie not being able to run the ball.

Come on HTG, for real? If you criticize your teams' performance or a certain player, now you're a bandwagon fan? As far as leading the team from behind, he had help. If you objectively read all these posts, you'll see that when we win, Ben won. But when we lose, it's a team loss. This after 4 turnovers!!!! Please? The defense lost that game? Ben's turnovers was the reason we lost. DId other people have bad games? Yeah....but I didn't see anyone on our team that had a worse game than Ben. Does the 300 yds and 2TD's somehow make it all ok? I don't think so. He supposed to be one of the top 5 QB's in the league, at least that's what I read all over this board every day. A top 5 QB doesn't play like that with something as big as home field throughout on the line.

Been a while Lambert, how you been? After you tell me how you've been, name all the QB's you think are better than Roethlisberger BUT also name their WR's and RB's. Just do it so everyone can see what the other good QB's in the league have to work with and what Roethlisberger has to work with.

To tell the whole truth, 7 TDs and & 7 TURNOVERS. And sacked 18 times. That's consistently mediocre IMO.

Lambert, be honest, how many of the 18 sacks were his fault, if he were to get rid of the ball sooner and avoid the sack, how much would we have benefitted in each situation? Why are teams blitzing so much? Because they know Roethlisberger will hold the ball for more than 3-5 seconds? How many times have you seen him actually have 3-5 seconds without moving, without somekind of pressure, hand in the face, defender 2 inches away trying to grab him? How many times? Did you watch the Giants and Panthers game last night? Did you watch the unpressured and uninterrupted time Eli and Dehomme were getting on pass plays? You're telling me you've seen Roethlisberger get that kind of pocket time more than 5 times this season let alone consistently all year? Why are there never any shovel passes or dump passes called on blitz's? Why are there never hot routes called on blitz's? Why does the opponents defense ALWAYS guess right on us running a pass play whenever they bring a blitz? How many times have you seen us run a run play when the defense is blitzing?

Please don't post anything else, just answer these questions honestly.

plenewken
12-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Ben had a bad game, with 3 turnovers. but Taylor missed a tackle on 4th and 1 that ended up being a 21 yard TD.

How often do you see a team playing the Steelers go for it on 4th down? 2 for 2 yesterday, one was 4th and 3. Pretty embarrassing.

stlrtruck
12-22-2008, 01:29 PM
DIE THREAD DIE!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL LIVING THINGS - FREAKIN' DIE

X-Terminator
12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
You know what? Let's just bench and then trade Ben, give Leftwich the job and move on with our lives.

/THREAD

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
If you are just gonna use stats to push your thoughts and ignore the game, then just go ahead and post "biased Moore lover" on your sig. Why didnt you post the "Moore had a 17 yard run that skewed his stats" like the normal Parker haters would if Willie had a long run?? Some other Parker hater already posted that if you take out his 13 yard run.....it makes his average worse.

I want skew the numbers by taking away Moore's big run just as I didn't skew Parker's numbers by taking away his big runs. Although if you do take away Parker's big runs, an arguement can be made that you would be more effective at the runningback position depending on your size and weight. But again, I won't skew the numbers for either.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 01:38 PM
How often do you see a team playing the Steelers go for it on 4th down? 2 for 2 yesterday, one was 4th and 3. Pretty embarrassing.

It's happened all year, a lot of coaches have done it against us. It shows the utter disrespect for our offense. It's the opposing coaches spitting in our offense's faces and saying, "take all the good field position you want, you still won't do anything with it". And sadly they have been right for the most part.

thesteelersfan
12-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Game over lets move on. The team needs to step up (not just Ben). I am upset with Ben also, but bashing him won't help us now. Football is like marriage for better or worse till death do us part. That was the worst and the better is to come.

Peace
Here We Go Steelers

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Game over lets move on. The team needs to step up (not just Ben). I am upset with Ben also, but bashing him won't help us now. Football is like marriage for better or worse till death do us part. That was the worst and the better is to come.

Peace
Here We Go Steelers

Hey man, if you can some of these people to call it as it is, I'll be happy to keep my Ben critiques to a minimum. I don't come out here after every loss Ben has or every bad game. As I've stated several times, I'm tired of him getting a pass by some.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey if you guys don't want him anymore, You guys can have Gradkowski/DA/Dorsey, and we will take him.

Good Grief :rolleyes:.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey if you guys don't want him anymore, You guys can have Gradkowski/DA/Dorsey, and we will take him.

You're willing to give up on Derek Anderson too?

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 02:30 PM
You're willing to give up on Derek Anderson too?

One good year, not enought to give him a starting job.

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 02:30 PM

Actually, someone here did suggest a straight-up trade with the Browns for Brady Quinn for him. No, I'm not kidding.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Actually, someone here did suggest a straight-up trade with the Browns for Brady Quinn for him. No, I'm not kidding.

As much as I'm not a fan of Ben, even I wouldn't make that trade.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 02:37 PM

It had to be a joke Fan, had to be.

As much as I'm not a fan of Ben, even I wouldn't make that trade.

Lambert?? Don't fib buddy, you sure you wouldn't make that trade?? lol

You never answered my other post to you.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 02:44 PM

Lambert?? Don't fib buddy, you sure you wouldn't make that trade?? lol

You never answered my other post to you.

nah....I really wouldn't make that trade. And I'm good bro, how you doin'? I didn't answer b/c I've already answered that question before. Minus who the RB's and WR's are. If I get time later, as I'm a work right now, I'll do just that.

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 02:50 PM

I don't think it was as it came on the same day of the Colts game, which Ben also played poorly in:

No disrespect to Ben but he isn't the quaterback we all thought he as gonna be i mean after he got the big check a flip switched and plus i personally thought they should have traded him for brady quinn last season or this season and/or eli manning back in the draft...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=472191#post472191

Contrary to seemingly popular opinion around here, I have no problem with people addressing concerns, as long as they keep it real, unlike the post above.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
nah....I really wouldn't make that trade. And I'm good bro, how you doin'? I didn't answer b/c I've already answered that question before. Minus who the RB's and WR's are. If I get time later, as I'm a work right now, I'll do just that.

lol..I know you wouldn't make that trade. I'm Doing good, nervous about the playoffs honestly but I believe in the defense. If not just for proving everyone wrong about defense not being able to win the whole thing and shutting all the critics and analysts up, every member of that defense would be in for a SERIOUS pay day if they play near perfect for all 3 playoff games needed to win the Superbowl. Plus I think the offense has at least one bail out in them just in case the defense isn't near perfect for one game.

Definitely name the QB's again BUT this time with the RB's and WR's they have so we can see the difference of what Roethlisberger has to work with. Not that I would ever justify 4 fumbles regardless. But I know we'll see a HUGE difference.

I don't think it was as it came on the same day of the Colts game, which Ben also played poorly in:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=472191#post472191

Contrary to seemingly popular opinion around here, I have no problem with people addressing concerns, as long as they keep it real, unlike the post above.

Okay now see, that's just downright ridiculous. I wouldn't have believed someone would say something like that had you not posted it.

drizze99
12-22-2008, 03:05 PM
I hear you L.I.G.... The free pass on Ben on this forum is a joke. Ben had three TOs that led directly to 21 Titan points and another TO that cost the Steelers at least a FG inside the 10. That is 24 points. No defense can succeed when the QB costs the team at least 24 points.

How can a D recover from that? Not even the #1 D can withstand that liability. Everyone wants to point fingers everywhere but #7. Face it people, his carelessness with the ball yesterday doomed us.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I hear you L.I.G.... The free pass on Ben on this forum is a joke. Ben had three TOs that led directly to 21 Titan points and another TO that cost the Steelers at least a FG inside the 10. That is 24 points. No defense can succeed when the QB costs the team at least 24 points.

How can a D recover from that? Not even the #1 D can withstand that liability. Everyone wants to point fingers everywhere but #7. Face it people, his carelessness with the ball yesterday doomed us.

But no QB can succeed with bad personnel and even worst coaching/play-calling/offensive coordination

He has proven near PERFECT in 3 out of 5 seasons, 3 seasons is not a fluke and if it is, prove it to me by giving him a good coordinator, a couple more or at least one more REAL offensive weapon, and if he still messes up like he did yesterday, you'll never hear me defend him again.

steelreserve
12-22-2008, 03:26 PM

I'll be the first to admit he doomed us yesterday. But at least you know he's usually going to be productive. Hell, I've seen Joe Montana throw games away for the 49ers too. But Steelers fans have certainly seen enough questionable quarterbacking to know they can depend on Ben a lot more than any of those other miserable shits we've had in the past two decades.

dragtruk
12-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I guess I don't give a sh*t anymore, but Ben is like a race car. One week he runs awesome if conditions are right, and then the next you go out in the first round. He must lead the frickin' league in fumbles and INT's. I've remained closed mouth on this, but damn man, how many times is he gonna give the damn ball away??? I don't sing his praises when he plays well, because I know the next week he's gonna give the ball away. Put MF Leftwich in, already. Is it a white/black issue or what? I don't care. I think Leftwich will win more ball games than Ben. Sure Ben is better than QBs in the past, but we really haven't gave BL a real chance. Do you guys really want to throw the season away on a QB who "supposedly" won us a superbowl 3 years ago, or do you want to go into the playoffs winning? Hate me if you want, but Roethlisberger is not the man to get us to the SB this year. If he does, I will be surprised. It depends on which Ben shows up for the big games.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
I guess I don't give a sh*t anymore, but Ben is like a race car. One week he runs awesome if conditions are right, and then the next you go out in the first round. He must lead the frickin' league in fumbles and INT's. I've remained closed mouth on this, but damn man, how many times is he gonna give the damn ball away??? I don't sing his praises when he plays well, because I know the next week he's gonna give the ball away. Put MF Leftwich in, already. Is it a white/black issue or what? I don't care. I think Leftwich will win more ball games than Ben. Sure Ben is better than QBs in the past, but we really haven't gave BL a real chance. Do you guys really want to throw the season away on a QB who "supposedly" won us a superbowl 3 years ago, or do you want to go into the playoffs winning? Hate me if you want, but Roethlisberger is not the man to get us to the SB this year. If he does, I will be surprised. It depends on which Ben shows up for the big games.

yes, cause Leftwich is a proven winner..

:wave:

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 04:00 PM

lol

Makaveli
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM

:helmet::drink:,.....Nuff muthaf#ckin said.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 04:05 PM
It depends on which Ben shows up for the big games.

You better hope it's the great Roethlisberger cause they'll start Moore over Parker before starting Leftwich over Roethlisberger and they'll never start Moore over Parker so...

Who does he have to play with? Hines Ward his best receiver? Willie "I'm done" Parker? Nate "I promise I won't drop it" Washington? Or how about the phenomenal coaching staff?

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 04:20 PM
You better hope it's the great Roethlisberger cause they'll start Moore over Parker before starting Leftwich over Roethlisberger and they'll never start Moore over Parker so...

Who does he have to play with? Hines Ward his best receiver? Willie "I'm done" Parker? Nate "I promise I won't drop it" Washington? Or how about the phenomenal coaching staff?

Parker who was a SB running back just a few short years ago?

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 04:48 PM

Roethlisberger who had a 104.1 QB rating with a 65 Cmp% with 32 TD's and 11 INT's just last year let alone a few years ago?

Why is it okay to reminisce about Parker's "golden years" and highlight reel but not Roethlisberger's?

steelreserve
12-22-2008, 04:53 PM

About that ... Parker's stats during the 2005 playoff run:

att-yds-YPC
@ CIN 16-38-2.4
@ IND 17-59-3.5
@DEN 14-35-2.5

so you can see that he did exactly dick in terms of getting us to the Super Bowl. More like slowed the offense down, actually. It was pretty much all Ben and the defense on that one.

Yeah, he did have a key run in the big game itself. Other than that it was 9 carries for 18 yards. I know, I know -- it's a cardinal sin to omit the "big run" from Parker's stats. But seriously, he barely cracked 100 yards for the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS without it.

Just more evidence that he mostly lets you down when it counts, if you ask me.

SteelCurtain7
12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
how many has he cost us this year, you have the short memory, when all you do is have to not screw up because of our #1 defense and you cant do that, thats pitiful.

Go away. Just climb on the Titans bandwagon and leave. Thank you.

SteelCurtain7
12-22-2008, 05:26 PM

What are you smoking, dude? If anything, Lefty was mediocre at best in Jacksonville, and a bust in Atlanta. :blah:

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 05:28 PM
What are you smoking, dude? If anything, Lefty was mediocre at best in Jacksonville, and a bust in Atlanta. :blah:

I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic

stillers4me
12-22-2008, 05:37 PM

There you go. Perspective at it's finest. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
12-22-2008, 07:09 PM
I reiterate...

The FO should just trade Ben right now to a team and fanbase that will support and appreciate him, and the Steelers go back to running stiffs like Leftwich out there year in and year out. That seems to be what the consensus is, so make it happen, Colbert. And in a few years when Ben is playing well for another team and Steelers fans cry and whine because the latest suck-ass QB stinks up the joint, I'll just sit back, laugh and say "hey, you had a good one, but you didn't want him."

Steelers fans do not deserve Big Ben. Period.

stillers4me
12-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I reiterate...

The FO should just trade Ben right now to a team and fanbase that will support and appreciate him, and the Steelers go back to running stiffs like Leftwich out there year in and year out. That seems to be what the consensus is, so make it happen, Colbert. And in a few years when Ben is playing well for another team and Steelers fans cry and whine because the latest suck-ass QB stinks up the joint, I'll just sit back, laugh and say "hey, you had a good one, but you didn't want him."

:applaudit:

Justin Otstott
12-22-2008, 07:20 PM
At the end of the day the titans beat us...nothing to bi*ch about! We will still will be in the playoffs and maybe this game was good for us. Maybe this is what we needed for the playoffs. I pray for the rematch. Big ben is not the blame..it was the whole team! Who cares they beat us..and u know what? Wow we are still in the playoffs! Move on.

Ricco Suavez
12-22-2008, 07:58 PM

Who want in then. Byron Leftwich career passer rating of 80.3. Thats a rating of all years good and bad. Remember 80.3. Even after Ben's horrible season he is now at 80.8 for the season and 89.7 for career. You want to whale on him go ahead, but mother hubbard the cupboard is bare. Ben is our only hope.

Ricco Suavez
12-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Fans watch ESPN, join fantasy leagues, and suddenly they know more than a FO that is one of the most if not most successful football teams of all time. Ben is struggling right now. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with an anemic running game, or an O-line generally considered average at best. But I will take my chances with the one proven QB on this team, and its not BL.

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I reiterate...

Steelers fans who do not appreciate Big Ben don't deserve Big Ben in my opinion.

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Fans watch ESPN, join fantasy leagues, and suddenly they know more than a FO that is one of the most if not most successful football teams of all time. Ben is struggling right now. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with an anemic running game, or an O-line generally considered average at best. But I will take my chances with the one proven QB on this team, and its not BL.

I wonder how many of those people actually played Football, or even were in the front office of a professional sports team. :coffee:

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 08:28 AM

sarcasm for $100 Alex?

:noidea:

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Whatever. As long as Leftwich sits on the bench, he'll never win a game for us. That's the best way to keep a man down. Keep him out completely. Who cares about a passer rating from 2 years ago? If he sucks so bad, get rid of him. I can remember our beloved Bradshaw being benched many times just to try to turn this team around. Now coaches are scared they are going to hurt a player's feelings, or somehow scar him mentally if he doesn't start. Jeesuz, are these players these days men who will step up and start playing after they get benched, or are they a bunch of emotional pansies who need to be coddled and paid millions to play mediocre, and fumble games away? I wonder what Joe Gilliam, and Terry Hanratty might have said about this? I'm not saying get rid of Ben, I'm saying when he's putting the ball on the ground or giving it away, get him out of the game. I'm sure two fumbles and two INTs are NOT inspiring his teammates to play better.

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Whatever. As long as Leftwich sits on the bench, he'll never win a game for us. That's the best way to keep a man down. Keep him out completely. Who cares about a passer rating from 2 years ago? If he sucks so bad, get rid of him. I can remember our beloved Bradshaw being benched many times just to try to turn this team around. Now coaches are scared they are going to hurt a player's feelings, or somehow scar him mentally if he doesn't start. Jeesuz, are these players these days men who will step up and start playing after they get benched, or are they a bunch of emotional pansies who need to be coddled and paid millions to play mediocre, and fumble games away? I wonder what Joe Gilliam, and Terry Hanratty might have said about this? I'm not saying get rid of Ben, I'm saying when he's putting the ball on the ground or giving it away, get him out of the game. I'm sure two fumbles and two INTs are NOT inspiring his teammates to play better.

no one said he sucks, he's a backup...that is why he's on the roster. You know the role of a backup is hold the clip board and be ready should the starter get injured.

Seriously, I almost wish Leftwich would start behind this garbage Oline and with no running game to boot, he'd get killed. You all know he is a statue right? It'd be target practice...

:doh::doh::doh:

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Seriously, I almost wish Leftwich would start behind this garbage Oline and with no running game to boot, he'd get killed. You all know he is a statue right? It'd be target practice...

But, but, but he had that awesome half against the 'Skins 2 months ago! :rolleyes:

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 09:29 AM
reid benched mcnabb...and then he had a good game the next time.. could that work with ben???? lol

drizze99
12-23-2008, 09:42 AM
I reiterate...

awwwww..... I'm gonna take my ball and go home. You guys are mean!

LMAO, sounds like someone isn't intelligent to hold an adult convo. I never siad Ben sucks or get rid of him. English comprehension escapes you apparently. I am calling Ben out on his piss poor performance. How many games will the Steelers win if Ben gives the ball up 4 times/game? I would be calling out ANY player that put the ball on the ground that many times regardless of who they were. Its called accountability. If Fast Willie fumbled 4 times, I would be calling him out right now.

What gets me is that some fans hold Ben on a higer ground for some reason. He is our franchise QB but that does not excuse him for making mistakes that caused us to loose the game. Ask any football "expert" if that is excusable OR if a road team can win with that type of performance.

You're right... we don't deserve Ben, LMFAO....

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 09:51 AM
reid benched mcnabb...and then he had a good game the next time.. could that work with ben???? lol

McNabb insists the benching had nothing to do with it...actually, ironically, the Eagles ran the ball well the next 3 games and McNabb played better. Wow! Imagine that!

truesteelerfan
12-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Wow, us Steeler fans can be tough can't we! Ben obviously did not have a good game. I think its a combination of things....I'm not the first to say how little I care for our OC play calls....But even he is limited in the things he can do when our Oline is allowing a rookie to look like a superstar...imagine if TN's 2 studs were in the lineup....Think we could convince Grim to come back and be the asst HC again just to coach our Oline?

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 09:53 AM
McNabb insists the benching had nothing to do with it...actually, ironically, the Eagles ran the ball well the next 3 games and McNabb played better. Wow! Imagine that!
see, that is what i am saying... maybe coach tomlin should try that. or maybe for punishment for such a terrible game make him watch the food network all day:chuckle:

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 09:55 AM
But, but, but he had that awesome half against the 'Skins 2 months ago! :rolleyes:

The thing I don't understand is why the QB is the only one singled out. This is not just a Steeler fan thing, but I think it's a general football fan thing to want to bench the starter. Hell, in NE, some fans were even suggesting that they trade Brady and keep Cassell.

Woodley didn't have a particularly good game on Sunday, I think they should have put Timmons in!!!

While we're at it... Taylor missed the tackle on that 4th and 1 allowing Johnson to score. Why didn't they bench him and put Gay in???

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 09:59 AM
see, that is what i am saying... maybe coach tomlin should try that. or maybe for punishment for such a terrible game make him watch the food network all day:chuckle:

I think a punishment could be to make Ben be a spokesman for Chunky soup! As for Tomlin's punishment, make him do some bad Coors Light commercials...

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 10:01 AM
I think a punishment could be to make Ben be a spokesman for Chunky soup! As for Tomlin's punishment, make him do some bad Coors Light commercials...
oh yeah those coors commercials are bad... i think ben is chunly enough, we dont need him doing those...lol

however, we do need him to get his confidence back. maybe santa can bring it to him for christmas:chuckle:

X-Terminator
12-23-2008, 10:05 AM
awwwww..... I'm gonna take my ball and go home. You guys are mean!

LMAO, sounds like someone isn't intelligent to hold an adult convo. I never siad Ben sucks or get rid of him. English comprehension escapes you apparently. I am calling Ben out on his piss poor performance. How many games will the Steelers win if Ben gives the ball up 4 times/game? I would be calling out ANY player that put the ball on the ground that many times regardless of who they were. Its called accountability. If Fast Willie fumbled 4 times, I would be calling him out right now.

What gets me is that some fans hold Ben on a higer ground for some reason. He is our franchise QB but that does not excuse him for making mistakes that caused us to loose the game. Ask any football "expert" if that is excusable OR if a road team can win with that type of performance.

You're right... we don't deserve Ben, LMFAO....

You're right...you don't.

Listen dude, I don't care if people criticize him for his turnovers in that game - no question they killed us. But we have had people on this board who have called for his benching because he had a bad game. It happens EVERY TIME he has a bad game, because apparently he's not allowed to have one. He MUST be perfect every game, or he sucks. He's also apparently NOT allowed to have the OL's poor play or the lack of a running game used as an excuse for his poor games, when they most certainly have been contributors. We've had people call for him to be traded. Say that he sucks, when his numbers show otherwise, especially the most important ones - WINS. It's friggin ridiculous, and that's why I say the Steelers should trade him, so that the fans will be reminded what life is like without having a competent QB. It's what they deserve. And besides, I wasn't even calling you out in particular, so the fact that you took offense is your own fault, not mine.

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 10:15 AM
no one said he sucks, he's a backup...that is why he's on the roster. You know the role of a backup is hold the clip board and be ready should the starter get injured.

Oh really?!? I guess we'll never know if he stays on the sidelines. He has a passer rating of 117.2 with no fumbles or INTs in 4 games this season. Better keep him where he is, holding that clipboard. Better to lose in the first round of playoffs with Ben giving the ball away 5 times than give Lefty a chance. After all, Ben will need a vacation in Acapulco while he's watching Miami, or whoever go to the next round. He'll probably drop his drink on the floor. :rofl: I'm sure if he dropped his drink 14 times, he'd get kicked out of the bar. I wonder if that means the bouncers have more guts than Tomlin?:toofunny:

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Oh really?!? I guess we'll never know if he stays on the sidelines. He has a passer rating of 117.2 with no fumbles or INTs in 4 games this season. Better keep him where he is, holding that clipboard. Better to lose in the first round of playoffs with Ben giving the ball away 5 times than give Lefty a chance. After all, Ben will need a vacation in Acapulco while he's watching Miami, or whoever go to the next round. He'll probably drop his drink on the floor. :rofl: I'm sure if he dropped his drink 14 times, he'd get kicked out of the bar. I wonder if that means the bouncers have more guts than Tomlin?:toofunny:

whatever, if Leftwich was the answer he'd be playing... The former MVP lost his job in JAX to David friggin Garrard. Look out!

X-Terminator
12-23-2008, 10:21 AM

So basically you're saying screw giving Ben the chance to redeem himself and put Leftwich in? You honestly think they have a better chance of winning the SB with Leftwich at QB than Ben, a guy who couldn't hold down a starting job in Jacksonville or Atlanta, and could not get a starting job in the offseason. OK.

See, drizze99? THIS is why I said what I said.

drizze99
12-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Our running game sucked and that's a product of our O-line totally stinking up the place BUT I don't see that as the direct reason why we lost. The o-line should be embarrassed that a ROOKIE linemen got 3.5 sacks on Ben.

I am not calling for Bens head or benching but if I were Tomlin you bet I would have a closed door meeting on how he needs to take care of the ball. He put the ball on the ground 6 times and we lost 4 of them. That is totally inexcusable.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 10:50 AM
I am not calling for Bens head or benching but if I were Tomlin you bet I would have a closed door meeting on how he needs to take care of the ball. He put the ball on the ground 6 times and we lost 4 of them. That is totally inexcusable.
i am sure that ben feels bad that happen too. i am sure coach tomlin will address all the problems we had on sunday.

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 10:52 AM
He put the ball on the ground 6 times and we lost 4 of them. That is totally inexcusable.wrong!

he lost 2 fumbles and threw 2 picks.

do you even know what it is that you are arguing? :busted:

X-Terminator
12-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Our running game sucked and that's a product of our O-line totally stinking up the place BUT I don't see that as the direct reason why we lost. The o-line should be embarrassed that a ROOKIE linemen got 3.5 sacks on Ben.

No question he needs to take better care of the ball. You can't win when you turn the ball over 4 times, leading to 21 points for the opposition. I agree 100% on that, and I'm sure Tomlin pointed that out to him. It just irritates the hell out of me that Ben must take all of the blame every time the team loses (or even when they win at times) or that he's not allowed to have a bad game, or he should be benched. I do also think the lack of a running game is a direct cause of Ben's struggles in that game and much of the season. A better rushing game leads to a better and more effective passing game, especially with a guy like Ben who can pick apart any secondary if he's given even a little bit of time. If they had gotten as many yards out of the ground game that White and Johnson did, there's no doubt in my mind that the Steelers win that game.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 10:55 AM
hasnt peyton had some bad games this year??? i am sure the colts fan werent hollaring and screaming for dungy to bench peyton. its part of the game. you are going to have good and bad games. that is just the way life is in general.

i would still rather have ben in the 4th quarter leading my team down field than anyother qb.

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 10:58 AM
this just in!

Minnesota Vikings have just announced the benching, and a stern talking to, of MVP candidate Adrian Peterson.

Peterson lost 3 fumbles in Sundays loss to the Falcons. In a late season race for the final NFC playoff seed, the Vikings put the ball on the ground 7 times.

this also just in!

With their season and playoff hopes on the line, the NY Jets have decided to start Kellen Clement in favor of super free agent Brett Favre.

Management has decided that Favre just throws too many picks.

In an even more suprising move, the Jets announce that Chad Pennington is the greatest quarterback ever to wear a Jets jersey. He takes better care of the ball than Namath or Favre.

An official apology to him and their fans will be released later today.

:rolleyes: please people. get a grip.

emarines45
12-23-2008, 12:12 PM
at first i thought ben was holding onto the ball way too long myself. but after a few games i realized the wide recievers are not creating any seperation from defenders at all. this is definatly making ben hold onto the ball alot longer than he has to. i noticed he does not even have a check down reciever to throw to sometimes. this and having a make shift line this season im sure is not easy for ben. another issue is the lack of a running game. the biggest mistake the steelers o.c. made in the last couple of years is eliminating the need for a true fullback. dan krieder to me was more valuable than any steeler this decade. he used to blow up holes for running backs like no other fullback ive seen! so, if you have no running game and you are as predictable as the steelers are right now, we will not score alot of points. THANK GOD FOR OUR DEFENSE!!! but this is just my opinion, thanks for listening.

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
The thing I don't understand is why the QB is the only one singled out. This is not just a Steeler fan thing, but I think it's a general football fan thing to want to bench the starter. Hell, in NE, some fans were even suggesting that they trade Brady and keep Cassell.

Woodley didn't have a particularly good game on Sunday, I think they should have put Timmons in!!!

While we're at it... Taylor missed the tackle on that 4th and 1 allowing Johnson to score. Why didn't they bench him and put Gay in???

singled out? I'm sorry, did someone else in that game turn the ball over FOUR times? I may have missed that....:coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 12:40 PM
wrong!

Actually, Ben fumbled four times. Losing two of them plus the two picks. So He did lose the ball six times.

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Actually, Ben fumbled four times. Losing two of them plus the two picks. So He did lose the ball six times.

The one at the goal line I excuse only because he got drilled on that play and was trying to "make a play". the other, was a lame, getting sacked didn't protect the ball fumble. The other 2 as well, bad drops. But that one at the goal line, that was a heck of a hit!

the last pick was also one of those late game desperation things that tend to happen when you're playing from behind. But the one earlier in the game, that was horrible.

SteelerFanInCA
12-23-2008, 12:44 PM
When it comes down to it, I'd still put my money on Big Ben to pull off the victory.

Yes he had a bad game but I've seen him bounce back pretty big after bad games.

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 01:17 PM
:sofunny: i dont know what kind of funky nfl jargon you use but...

youre really grasping at straws here. :shake01:

ACTUALLY official league stats are fumbles and fumbles lost. a fumble or a muff is not a turnover until it is "lost" to the other team.

and who the hell calls an interception a "loss"?

"he threw a loss"? :toofunny:

you can throw for a loss i.e. negative yardage. and you can throw for an int. which counts as a turnover. but you dont lose a throw.

have you ever lost your car keys? if you drop your keys on the way to the car and pick them up do you say you "lost" them?

c'mon

revefsreleets
12-23-2008, 01:19 PM
One fumble should have been a tuck rule. Apparently that rule, as well as offensive holding, are not applicable to the Steelers.

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:23 PM
:sofunny: i dont know what kind of funky nfl jargon you use but...

youre really grasping at straws here. :shake01:

ACTUALLY official league stats are fumbles and fumbles lost. a fumble or a muff is not a turnover until it is "lost" to the other team.

and who the hell calls an interception a "loss"?

"he threw a loss"? :toofunny:

you can throw for a loss i.e. negative yardage. and you can throw for an int. which counts as a turnover. but you dont lose a throw.

have you ever lost your car keys? if you drop your keys on the way to the car and pick them up do you say you "lost" them?

c'mon

To simplify for you.....HE FUMBLED FOUR TIMES. And threw two interceptions. Just b/c we got two of them back doesn't change the fact that he fumbled the ball.

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Ben is best, most awesome QB to ever win the Super Bowl!

Wahoo! Let's go Ben! Let's go Ben! Let's go Ben!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:33 PM

Do you invite TackleMeBen over on Sunday's to watch Hanna Montana? You both seem to have the same mindset.

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM

No....get it right. Ben is worst winning QB in SB history. Funny how that stat doesn't make the list along with all his other achievements.:coffee:

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 01:35 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 01:40 PM
whatever, if Leftwich was the answer he'd be playing... The former MVP lost his job in JAX to David friggin Garrard. Look out!

I ain't saying he's the team's saviour, all I'm saying is give the guy a f*cking chance already. But whatever dudes, change is a scary thing for some people, and they just can't seem to see the good in putting in fresh blood. It might do some good! Christ even the Eagles putting in Garcia when McNabb got hurt years ago, re-charged the team, and gave defenses something NEW to figure out. It might, just might, be a good idea at this point in the season to make some defenses have to change some things to beat the Steelers. All they have to do now is find a way to come up behind Ben and knock the ball loose, because he apparently has "no idea" that a defensive player just might try to do just that. Or they can just stand back in a zone defense and wait for Ben to throw them the ball. Look at his stats over the last three seasons. Mainly 2 fumbles a year before the bike accident, 9 after that and 14 this year. WTF. But if you're happy with that, then you're enjoying this season just the way it is. I guess you'll be watching golf and baking cookies when the SB is on, and the Steelers are on vacation until training camp. :doh::doh::doh:

I'm sure the defense is thrilled with all this. Turnover #1- OK guys let's go in and get this back for ol' Ben. Turnover #2- Well, it can happen to anybody twice. Let's fight and do it for Ben. Turnover #3- Sh*t, can't this guy do anything but give the ball away? Turnover #4- F this A$$hole, why is he constantly putting us back on the field. Let's hit him with a pillow case full of soda cans in the locker room. "This is for keeping us on the field 45 out of 60 minutes of the game." UHHHGGGG! :sofunny:

drizze99
12-23-2008, 01:44 PM
wrong!

LOL, are you kidding me? HE fumbled the ball 4 times and we lost 2 of them.

Did you even watch the game?

drizze99
12-23-2008, 01:48 PM
No....get it right. Ben is worst winning QB in SB history. Funny how that stat doesn't make the list along with all his other achievements.:coffee:

All the Ben nut swingers don't want those stats brought up... you know:

9/21 - 123 yds - 0 TD - 2 INT - 22% QB rating

Hey, but he did have a rushing TD!

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:50 PM

Ben won SB XL for us.....all by himself. What's the matter with you?:coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:52 PM

Sometimes I feel like this is Jonestown, Heaven's Gate and the Branch Davidian all wrapped up into one .

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 01:53 PM

Did you even watch the game?oh, so is that how you came up with 6? :toofunny:

are you kidding me? did you even watch the game?

do you even know how to talk football?

ben lost 2 fumbles.

ben fumbled 4 times.

ben threw 2 interceptions.

ben did NOT lose the ball 6 times.

consider yourself corrected.

no biggie. probably just a mis-type on your part. now lambertisgod trying to defend that mistype is what is funny. :drink:

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:55 PM
oh, so is that how you came up with 6? :toofunny:

ben lost 2 fumbles.

ben fumbled 4 times.

no biggie. probably just a mis-type on your part. now lambertisgod trying to defend that mistype is what is funny. :drink:

Hey Tony, see if the NFL has a job for you as a statistician. If you need help with that big word, just sound it out. Seems you know more than they do.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 02:02 PM

Did you even watch the game?

So what would YOU have us do?

Please answer the question...would you have Leftwich start ...when he couldnt beat out Garrard who is 5-10 this year?

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Hey Tony, see if the NFL has a job for you as a statistician. If you need help with that big word, just sound it out. Seems you know more than they do.im still waiting for you and drizzie to convince us that ben threw 14 interceptions sunday because every ball he throws that isnt caught by a steeler is an interception. :chuckle:

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 02:06 PM
oh, so is that how you came up with 6? :toofunny:

ben lost 2 fumbles.

ben fumbled 4 times.

Tony, I like you man, but I gotta kinda say. Ben "lost" the ball 6 times, he just "found" it twice. :wave:

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 02:07 PM
So what would YOU have us do?

Please answer the question...would you have Leftwich start ...when he couldnt beat out Garrard who is 5-10 this year?

Lambert....first there isn't many people's opinion that I respect more on this forum than yours. I don't know what the answer is. I don't claim to have the answers. But what irritates the livin' s*it out of me is the blinders people continue to put on. Actually believing that Ben is the reason for our success. This franchise has been predicated on running game and defense ever since I can remember. Do you really believe we can play like that in the playoffs and win? Ben has a career high for fumbles and statistically his 2nd worst year for interceptions. If people would just call a spade a spade, I'd refrain from my so called Ben "bashing".

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Tony, I like you man, but I gotta kinda say. Ben "lost" the ball 6 times, he just "found" it twice. :wave:

:rofl:

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 02:10 PM
fumbles and fumbles lost are two different stats. Tell Momma what you learned at school today.

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Tony, I like you man, but I gotta kinda say. Ben "lost" the ball 6 times, he just "found" it twice. :wave:its really semantics. ive misplaced my keys before. i said "can you help me find my keys? i lost my keys".

ive also dropped my keys. i reached down and picked them up. ive never considered them lost in that instance.

a botched snap is technically considered a qb fumble, but unless its a turnover do you ever hear of it as a "loss"?

i never have :noidea:

again semantics. in the case of drizzie it was semantics used to OVERembellish bens bad day.

adrian peterson fumbled plenty of times last weekend. nobody is calling for chester taylor.

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 02:23 PM
fumbles and fumbles lost are two different stats. Tell Momma what you learned at school today.

believe me... you aint teachin me nuttin here.

looks like you were the one who was schooled. to help you avoid looking like an ass (yet again) i will refer you to my response to you in post #329.

ACTUALLY official league stats are fumbles and fumbles lost. a fumble or a muff is not a turnover until it is "lost" to the other team.:coffee:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Lambert....first there isn't many people's opinion that I respect more on this forum than yours. I don't know what the answer is. I don't claim to have the answers. But what irritates the livin' s*it out of me is the blinders people continue to put on. Actually believing that Ben is the reason for our success. This franchise has been predicated on running game and defense ever since I can remember. Do you really believe we can play like that in the playoffs and win? Ben has a career high for fumbles and statistically his 2nd worst year for interceptions. If people would just call a spade a spade, I'd refrain from my so called Ben "bashing".

I think, however, that the very fact that Ben remains our best chance for winning is ..."the rub".

Everyone in the forum wants to see our Steelers win....we all want to see us have the best chance to win on any given Sunday..(that is why Deshea used to drive me crazy.)

The Anti-Ben crowd sees a QB who loses the ball on critical downs.....The Pro-Ben crowd sees a weak line that forces Ben into throwing the ball too soon. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

BUT...

I am convinced that we had the best QB on our roster in the game....and most probably the best line we can muster was starting.

sooooooo....the answer HAS to be in the off-season....not in the here and now.

I guess my glass is half full. Lets say that Ben DOES suck...and Willie DOES suck...and Ariens DOES suck.....well then I am damn glad to have a season like we had and I will take the division title...the winning season...and the playoff slot....and say "WOW...we did pretty well for a team that has a bunch of guys that suck.

X-Terminator
12-23-2008, 02:57 PM

Horrible game.

Now find me one person who denied it was.

NYC SteelersFan
12-23-2008, 03:12 PM
singled out? I'm sorry, did someone else in that game turn the ball over FOUR times? I may have missed that....:coffee:

No but the QB is supposed to have RB gain a good portion of the total offensive yards, what did our RB's do to help the team?

What were Willie Parker's stats for the 3 playoff games leading up to the Superbowl and what were Roethlisberger's stats for the 3 playoff games leading up to the Superbowl.

Please post those numbers for every one to see.

Ben won SB XL for us.....all by himself. What's the matter with you?:coffee:

He almost lost us that Superbowl by himself, but he definitely got us there by himself because the running game was a non-factor.

I don't know what the answer is. I don't claim to have the answers. But what irritates the livin' s*it out of me is the blinders people continue to put on. Actually believing that Ben is the reason for our success. This franchise has been predicated on running game and defense ever since I can remember. Do you really believe we can play like that in the playoffs and win? Ben has a career high for fumbles and statistically his 2nd worst year for interceptions. If people would just call a spade a spade, I'd refrain from my so called Ben "bashing".

Lambert, the blinders that people put on to Parker, Arian's and Tomlin are just as widespread and irritating but far more relevant because Roethlisberger's resume is far better than Arian's and Tomlin, so lets $hit on those 2 first before moving on to Roethlisberger. Especially since replacing those 2 would be far easier than replacing the franchise quarterback.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 03:38 PM
What were Willie Parker's stats for the 3 playoff games leading up to the Superbowl and what were Roethlisberger's stats for the 3 playoff games leading up to the Superbowl.

Please post those numbers for every one to see.

I'm sorry...the moose at the gate should have told you this a "Ben Sucks" thread.

The Willie Sucks thread can be found if you stay on repetitive avenue....take a left on redundancy drive ....and then go right on reiterative parkway until you get to the Beat a Dead Horse Cafe where I hear the Troll a L'Orange is to die for.

Rick5895
12-23-2008, 03:41 PM
A quote from Bradshaw when he was being torpedoed in his career.
"you might lose with me but won't win without me"
The same holds true for Ben, when his career is over he will have multiple super bowls and we will forget about these games like the semi-meaningless game against the Titans.
The Ravens will be in the playoffs and will beat the Titans in the divisional round setting up chapter 3 at Hienz Filed in January for the AFC 'ship

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 03:43 PM
The same holds true for Ben, when his career is over he will have multiple super bowls and we will forget about these games like the semi-meaningless game against the Titans.
The Ravens will be in the playoffs and will beat the Titans in the divisional round setting up chapter 3 at Hienz Filed in January for the AFC 'ship

I am thinking that is exactly what is going to happen

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 03:45 PM

....and the same ones crucifying him now will also wonder why he has a grudge against the city and fanbase for a couple decades after he retires like Bradshaw did and dump on him for that too. :coffee:

SteelersTilIDie
12-23-2008, 03:51 PM
the title says it all 4 fumbles and 2 interceptions, enough said.

No offense, but I'm pretty sure if Leftwich would have started instead we would have lost by at least 2 more touchdowns. Enough Said
:mad:

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 04:13 PM
No offense, but I'm pretty sure if Leftwich would have started instead we would have lost by at least 2 more touchdowns. Enough Said
:mad:

As long as he rides the bench, you have no evidence of anything. Are you a clairvoyant? You don't know that. Until Leftwich is given the chance to show what he can do, NONE of you can tell any of us anything different. I'd don't care if he lost a starting job to Bledsoe 15 years ago (hypothetical, so don't get all WTF on me), that proves nothing. None of you can tell anyone what he will do in a given situation this year in ANY game. If Tomlin had even a small set in his sack, he'd give a brother a chance, but no....Let's keep dropping the ball and throwing INTs and rely on our defense to bail us out. A losing stategy from any standpoint. If we had a #15 defense instead of #1, we'd be sitting at 7-9 and praying to have a better rercord than the Bengals. You Lefty haters are big on what "PROBABLY" would happen, but you don't know sh*t for sure. I say "PUT HIM IN."

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
As long as he rides the bench, you have no evidence of anything. Are you a clairvoyant? You don't know that. Until Leftwich is given the chance to show what he can do, NONE of you can tell any of us anything different. I'd don't care if he lost a starting job to Bledsoe 15 years ago (hypothetical, so don't get all WTF on me), that proves nothing. None of you can tell anyone what he will do in a given situation this year in ANY game. If Tomlin had even a small set in his sack, he'd give a brother a chance, but no....Let's keep dropping the ball and throwing INTs and rely on our defense to bail us out. A losing stategy from any standpoint. If we had a #15 defense instead of #1, we'd be sitting at 7-9 and praying to have a better rercord than the Bengals. You Lefty haters are big on what "PROBABLY" would happen, but you don't know sh*t for sure. I say "PUT HIM IN."

The guy only has a job in the NFL because Batch broke his collarbone in the preseason. He was out of the league for a year up to that point. And you want to move this guy up the depth chart for the playoffs? Think about that for a moment.

Ricco Suavez
12-23-2008, 04:22 PM

Not to mention the coaches see Lefty everyday and not just his great half of play, I think they can evaluate his value on this team better than a know-it-all-fan. But i am sure there is some kind of big conspiracy to keep him on the bench. BTW he was out of a job before we signed him. Thirty-one teams passed him up for some reason.

steelreserve
12-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry...the moose at the gate should have told you this a "Ben Sucks" thread.

The Willie Sucks thread can be found if you stay on repetitive avenue....take a left on redundancy drive ....and then go right on reiterative parkway until you get to the Beat a Dead Horse Cafe where I hear the Troll a L'Orange is to die for.

Well, hey, if all the "Ben Sucks" and "Fire Arians" threads got taken over and turned into Willie Sucks threads, at least there would only be one kind of repetitive complaining to repetitively complain about.

Ricco Suavez
12-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Maybe the Mods should have all hater threads start in the Blast Furnace. I rarely read those as I do not like to bicker with other fans. Then maybe instead of the I hate threads we would have more intelligent points made on what real problems are, and/or heaven forbid, praise what s great year we are having. Don't know about ya'll but my team is 11-4 with a bye in the playoffs. How's your team doing.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 04:28 PM

:chillpill

I especially liked the ....Let's keep dropping the ball and throwing INTs and rely on our defense to bail us out. A losing stategy from any standpoint

pssst....we obviously have a "winning strategy"....you might not like Ben...but I dont think you can call our strategy ..."losing"...

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Maybe the Mods should have all hater threads start in the Blast Furnace. I rarely read those as I do not like to bicker with other fans. Then maybe instead of the I hate threads we would have more intelligent points made on what real problems are, and/or heaven forbid, praise what s great year we are having. Don't know about ya'll but my team is 11-4 with a bye in the playoffs. How's your team doing.

We would Ricco, but if we did that, then pretty much 98% of the threads in this forum would have to be moved to the BF.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Well, hey, if all the "Ben Sucks" and "Fire Arians" threads got taken over and turned into Willie Sucks threads, at least there would only be one kind of repetitive complaining to repetitively complain about.

That....actually.....makes sense in a weird sadistic way.

lilyoder6
12-23-2008, 04:33 PM
we just need 1 big thread bout y evryone sucks and evryone on the bench is better than the starters... this is rly getting out of hand

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Terry Bradshaw is the Greatest Athlete to ever walk the earth.

Bottom Line.

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Not to mention the coaches see Lefty everyday and not just his great half of play, I think they can evaluate his value on this team better than a know-it-all-fan. But i am sure there is some kind of big conspiracy to keep him on the bench. BTW he was out of a job before we signed him. Thirty-one teams passed him up for some reason.

You are absolutely right. What am I thinking? Let's keep paying him to ride the bench never knowing if he can turn the team around or not. If history has taught us anything in the NFL, it's that a change of QB can many times ignite a team into a winner. So history be damned, He's not a know nothing rookie, he actually has some experience, so let's not try and gain anything from that, let's keep fumbling and throwing the ball to the other team. See how far that get us in the post season. And don't kid yourself that this defense hasn't won many a game for us, because Ben has more then once been saved by our #1. I just hope that the "good " Ben shows up for the playoff games.

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2008, 04:37 PM
You are absolutely right. What am I thinking? Let's keep paying him to ride the bench never knowing if he can turn the team around or not. If history has taught us anything in the NFL, it's that a change of QB can many times ignite a team into a winner. So history be damned, He's not a know nothing rookie, he actually has some experience, so let's not try and gain anything from that, let's keep fumbling and throwing the ball to the other team. See how far that get us in the post season. And don't kid yourself that this defense hasn't won many a game for us, because Ben has more then once been saved by our #1. I just hope that the "good " Ben shows up for the playoff games.

Holy crap...are you suggesting...we put in Lefty over Ben for the Playoffs?

Really?

I must have mis-read that...

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 04:38 PM
we just need 1 big thread bout y evryone sucks and evryone on the bench is better than the starters... this is rly getting out of hand

Should, but then somebody would just open up another thread to squawk about a topic that's already been beaten to death and act like it's new or that their "angle" (which also invariably has been hashed and rehashed 10,000 times already) is a new "take" on the issue. IOW, it's a lost cause. Worst part is we have about 3 more weeks of the same BS to look forward to, because I can guarantee a win over the Browns won't mean a thing (and I don't even want to think about us softpeddling the game and losing it). And if we lose in the playoffs, God help us all. I thought it was bad last year - last year was a freaking picnic compared to this year and we have a better record against a harder schedule this year. :coffee:

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 04:41 PM
:chillpill

I especially liked the ....

pssst....we obviously have a "winning strategy"....you might not like Ben...but I dont think you can call our strategy ..."losing"...

Well, you better hope we stay healthy through the playoffs, because if we start losing defensive players, Ben is our only hope. GOD help us. You know as well as I do that our defense if the only reason we're where we are. Psssttt...And if we're "losing" in the playoffs is our stategy still "Winning"?:wink02:

X-Terminator
12-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Holy crap...are you suggesting...we put in Lefty over Ben for the Playoffs?

Really?

I must have mis-read that...

Unfortunately, you are not. He actually is suggesting that the Steelers start Leftwich in the playoffs. They may as well not have a franchise QB then - what's the point if he's to be benched after every bad game? Yet, that's exactly what he and many other fans who think the same way would rather have it.

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, you better hope we stay healthy through the playoffs, because if we start losing defensive players, Ben is our only hope. GOD help us. You know as well as I do that our defense if the only reason we're where we are. Psssttt...And if we're "losing" in the playoffs is our stategy still "Winning"?:wink02:

Do you only come on the board after losses?

Just curious.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 05:03 PM

Nope,,if you have a winning season...you had a winning strategy....if you had a losing season...you have a losing strategy.

If we lose the FIRST playoff game....this season has been fun...and fulfilling...and a winning season.

We can attempt to fix the holes in the offseason and drive on!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Terry Bradshaw is the Greatest Athlete to ever walk the earth.

Bottom Line.

I am so telling John Kuhn you said that!!!!

steelreserve
12-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Worst part is we have about 3 more weeks of the same BS to look forward to, because I can guarantee a win over the Browns won't mean a thing (and I don't even want to think about us softpeddling the game and losing it).

I honestly think there will be less to bitch about for the next three weeks anyway. Cleveland is a throwaway game and everyone knows it. After that, it'll probably be a week or so of "who would you rather face" threads, with the occasional "is so-and-so injured? ... no, he ought to be fine."

I'm willing to bet that once the playoffs actually roll around, it will start to set in that we got here with Ben and with the same offensive line we've had all year, and that's not going to suddenly switch. RB, who knows, but it seems like whoever is going to start, is going to start, and you just have to accept that, pray for the best, and hope whichever RB is in there does well and Arians suddenly pulls his head out of his ass -- both of which are theoretically possible -- and save the real criticism for if they get knocked out. I personally plan to focus on drinking more Olde English during the immediate future.

xfl2001fan
12-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Nope,,if you have a winning season...you had a winning strategy....if you had a losing season...you have a losing stretegy.

If we lose the FIRST playoff game....this season has been fun...and fulfilling...and a winning season.

We can attempt to fix the holes in the offseason and drive on!!
There are 31 losers in the NFL each season...and even the winners fans boo them. (The Giants were booed at home this past Sunday against Carolina and still won the game.)

Do you guys (real Steelers fans) think you're going to avoid the stupidity of the STROLLS (Steelers Trolls)?

Unfortunately, Fansince76 pretty much has it right. It's a lost cause.

Ricco Suavez
12-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Listen I am glad we got BL as a back up. When Batch went down ,there was not much out there to pick up. But to even suggest playing BL in the playoffs unless Ben is injured is crazy. You want to bench a QB with playoff experience (and a winning record in the playoffs to boot) for a player one has never won a playoff game. You say people like me does not know what he will do, well guess what your right, but if you look at his statistics form his years at Jacksonville you will see he is consistently "average at best". And before you spout of about how our defense is what saves Ben, the Jags had a consistent top 7 defense, a top notch O-line and a very good running back. Yet with BL at the QB position the jags averaged between 16.6 (low) and 23.2(high) a game during his tenure. This year, Ben's "bad" year the Steelers have averaged 21.6.

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 05:20 PM
You guys are obviously missing the whole point of my argument. You all are saying Leftwich lost his starting job to so-and-so. Well, y'know who else lost a #2 spot to Matt Cassell? That's right Tom Brady when Bledsoe was the starter. How stupid did Bellichick look doing that sh*t? True it took Brady some time to come into his own, but my point is, you never know what any QB will do in a given situation unless he is....OK, now stay with me on this, if you can grasp it.... "IN THE GAME." I'm not saying Ben is the f*cking anti-christ for God's sake. I'm saying put Lefty in when Ben is doing bad. Get him some playing time. You guys are calling me a "know it all", and that I only post when there's a loss, That's bullsh*t and you know it. If I don't 100% agree with everyone and kiss everyone's a$$ (including Ben's) then I'm thrown to the wolves. Ben is playing badly, and should be given time to think about the err of his ways. Put him in intense anti-fumble drills or something. But 14 fumbles and 14 INTs ain't gonna cut it when the playoffs come around. Sure I can be complacent with a winning season and not care if we lose in the first round of post season like some of you, but I want badly to shove this sh*t in the Pats fans faces, because Ben is a laughing stock up here. His nickname is "Fumblesberger." Maybe you guys don't care about his poor play, as long as we're winning, but you ain't winning any playoff games giving the ball away 4-5 time s a game in the AFC.

19ward86
12-23-2008, 05:22 PM
I dont want to put total blame on him. So if he wouldnt of been sacked then 2 of the fumbles would be nonexistent and if the recievers would of gotten open then he would of threw instead of running and then fumbling.

Ricco Suavez
12-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Was Bledsoe not injured then. Was Brady an unproven rookie who was thrust into playing. Sounds like Ben's first season.

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 05:25 PM
You guys are obviously missing the whole point of my argument. You all are saying Leftwich lost his starting job to so-and-so. Well, y'know who else lost a #2 spot to Matt Cassell? That's right Tom Brady when Bledsoe was the starter. How stupid did Bellichick look doing that sh*t? True it took Brady some time to come into his own, but my point is, you never know what any QB will do in a given situation unless he is....OK, now stay with me on this, if you can grasp it.... "IN THE GAME." I'm not saying Ben is the f*cking anti-christ for God's sake. I'm saying put Lefty in when Ben is doing bad. Get him some playing time. You guys are calling me a "know it all", and that I only post when there's a loss, That's bullsh*t and you know it. If I don't 100% agree with everyone and kiss everyone's a$$ (including Ben's) then I'm thrown to the wolves. Ben is playing badly, and should be given time to think about the err of his ways. Put him in intense anti-fumble drills or something. But 14 fumbles and 14 INTs ain't gonna cut it when the playoffs come around. Sure I can be complacent with a winning season and not care if we lose in the first round of post season like some of you, but I want badly to shove this sh*t in the Pats fans faces, because Ben is a laughing stock up here. His nickname is "Fumblesberger." Maybe you guys don't care about his poor play, as long as we're winning, but you ain't winning any playoff games giving the ball away 4-5 time s a game in the AFC.

Got news for you, trying to "shove it in their faces" is gonna backfire, regardless of how things turn out. Or haven't you heard that this is the "asterisk year" (irony!) since Golden Boy went down in week one, and the Pats* are the bestest, most wonderfulest franchise in the whole wide universe and would be shooting for 19-0 again if only their mighty metrosexual QB were playing? After all, the NFL "needs" Tom Brady! :coffee:

Ricco Suavez
12-23-2008, 05:28 PM
I will not back off my statement, to even think of benching
Ben for Leftwich now right before the playoffs would be crazy. If this was first third of the season yea, maybe. If we was fighting for a playoff spot and in the middle of a losing streak again maybe. But now, No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I honestly think there will be less to bitch about for the next three weeks anyway. Cleveland is a throwaway game and everyone knows it. After that, it'll probably be a week or so of "who would you rather face" threads, with the occasional "is so-and-so injured? ... no, he ought to be fine."

I'm willing to bet that once the playoffs actually roll around, it will start to set in that we got here with Ben and with the same offensive line we've had all year, and that's not going to suddenly switch. RB, who knows, but it seems like whoever is going to start, is going to start, and you just have to accept that, pray for the best, and hope whichever RB is in there does well and Arians suddenly pulls his head out of his ass -- both of which are theoretically possible -- and save the real criticism for if they get knocked out. I personally plan to focus on drinking more Olde English during the immediate future.

Hey then. Perfect opportunity. Put Leftwich in, if this is a so-called throw away game, then let's see what he does. Who cares then? If he does poorly, then I was wrong and keep Ben throughout the season. I'm not saying BL will save the Steelers, I'm just saying "GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Can I be any more clear than that? F*CK! THat's all I've been saying here all along. GIve a brother a chance. You don't know what he will do unless he PLAYS!!!!!!

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Got news for you, trying to "shove it in their faces" is gonna backfire, regardless of how things turn out. Or haven't you heard that this is the "asterisk year" (irony!) since Golden Boy went down in week one, and the Pats* are the bestest, most wonderfulest franchise in the whole wide universe and would be shooting for 19-0 again if only their mighty metrosexual QB were playing? After all, the NFL "needs" Tom Brady! :coffee:

I am going to go outside and talk to a cinder block now. Or maybe a radish. Or a tree stump. What the hell are you even talking about?

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 05:37 PM
I am going to go outside and talk to a cinder block now. Or maybe a radish. Or a tree stump. What the hell are you even talking about?

What I'm talking about is that the bandwagon jackholes are going to say that the only reason they didn't win the SB this year is because "Tom Terrific" has been injured regardless of who wins it all this year. I thought it was pretty obvious. :noidea:

Ricco Suavez
12-23-2008, 05:39 PM
And i hope he does play and I hope he plays well, and you know what that will prove. Nothing , Zilch. This is a meaningless regular season game with all playoff implications over. The Browns could come in try to make this their playoff game, but this could just be a rollover and play dead game. I really hope BL plays lights out so you can come on here and tell us all just right you are. If we would only give the brother a chance, not like he hasn't already. He is becoming a journeyman QB, remember Joey Harrington.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 05:49 PM
You guys are obviously missing the whole point of my argument. You all are saying Leftwich lost his starting job to so-and-so. Well, y'know who else lost a #2 spot to Matt Cassell? That's right Tom Brady when Bledsoe was the starter. How stupid did Bellichick look doing that sh*t? .

Tom Brady lost a #2 spot behind Bledsoe to Cassell?

Brady has been the Starter since 2001...Thats when Bledsoe left. So when Cassell came into the league in 2005 Bledsoe had already been at the Bills for three years and was then starting his second year with the Cowboys.

How exactly does Casell win a #2 behind a QB that had been gone for 4 years?

To answer your question...Belichik would have looked pretty damn stupid to have two QB's on the bench behind a QB that wasnt on his team.

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 05:54 PM
What I'm talking about is that the bandwagon jackholes are going to say that the only reason they didn't win the SB this year is because "Tom Terrific" has been injured regardless of who wins it all this year. I thought it was pretty obvious. :noidea:

So obvious you didn't need to post it. That's so not my point. Just forget it dude.:noidea:

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 05:57 PM
So obvious you didn't need to post it. That's so not my point. Just forget it dude.:noidea:

No problem, I will forget it, "dude." And I am and will continue to be thankful that you're not making personnel decisions for this team. :coffee:

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 06:05 PM

Boy, I've never heard a better argument for keeping a guy off the field than that. It's, It's BRILLIANT! He won a game for us? What an A$$hole he must be.:popcorn: I too, am glad you're not making personnel decisions for this team either, "dude".

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Boy, I've never heard a better argument for keeping a guy off the field than that. It's, It's BRILLIANT! He won a game for us? What an A$$hole he must be.:popcorn:

I think Ben may lose his #2 slot behind Bledsoe to Leftwich.

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I think Ben may lose his #2 slot behind Bledsoe to Leftwich.

Is Bledsoe available? We could sure use him now!

steelreserve
12-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey then. Perfect opportunity. Put Leftwich in, if this is a so-called throw away game, then let's see what he does. Who cares then? If he does poorly, then I was wrong and keep Ben throughout the season. I'm not saying BL will save the Steelers, I'm just saying "GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Can I be any more clear than that? F*CK! THat's all I've been saying here all along. GIve a brother a chance. You don't know what he will do unless he PLAYS!!!!!!

I've got no doubt he'll play against Cleveland. But even if he throws for 500 yards and 12 touchdowns, they're not going to switch him for Ben in the playoffs. He's damn good for a backup and I feel a lot better knowing we've got him there if we need him. Hell, he's probably better than most of the starting QBs we've had between Bradshaw and Ben.

But let's face it, we didn't sign Leftwich to compete for the starting job, and he's still young enough to have a future somewhere else, so he's certain to leave the team after this year. So there's not even a point to starting a QB controversy now. On top of which, Ben's had a few bad performances, but he's still played well enough to win 11 games, which not many QBs can say this year.

In other words, if you think Ben's holding our offense back, with most other quarterbacks, it's even worse.

Steeler in Carolina
12-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I KNOW THIS HAD BEEN SAID MANY TIMES, BUT BEN HAS WON US MORE GAMES THAN HE HAS LOST.

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 06:27 PM
I too, am glad you're not making personnel decisions for this team either, "dude".

Doesn't really matter because I would only do what Tomlin will do and stick with the starter heading into the playoffs. IOW, the course of action that actually makes some semblance of sense. :coffee:

dragtruk
12-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Doesn't really matter because I would only do what Tomlin will do and stick with the starter heading into the playoffs. IOW, the course of action that actually makes some semblance of sense. :coffee:

Again you just miss my point. :noidea: :banging:

NYC SteelersFan
12-23-2008, 06:58 PM

Does the Troll L'Orange taste as good as the "Stupidly-Blind Cheerleading Our-Offense-is-good Kool aid Dackery?

X-Terminator
12-23-2008, 10:06 PM

Ah, now I get it. You want Leftwich to start because you're getting shit from the bandwagon jackhole Pats* fans about Ben. *shakes head* Dude, I know you're surrounded by them, but really, why should you give a shit what any of them think? That has to be the absolute worst reason to want someone benched, so you can have something to rub in their faces.

Ben is the guy, and he's going to be the guy, as he damn well should be. The end.

T.Richardson
12-23-2008, 10:53 PM

We saw Leftwich play for the jaguars, and falcons. He was beaten out by Garrard, and played horribly in Atlanta.

Steelman16
12-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Way to go folks. Another 41 page thread of crap.

:coffee:

MACH1
12-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Does the Troll L'Orange taste as good as the "Stupidly-Blind Cheerleading Our-Offense-is-good Kool aid Dackery?

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:yawn:

Steelers & I
12-24-2008, 01:35 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:yawn:

Man I've just got to get a set of those pom poms.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-24-2008, 03:14 AM

1) three hours and 20 minutes to formulate a response....and THIS is what you have?
(I feel cheated)

2) I never called our offense good....so not only is your response lame...its inaccurate.

3) Its a Daiquiri.....:thumbsup:

NYC SteelersFan
12-24-2008, 03:16 AM
1) three hours and 20 minutes to formulate a response....and THIS is what you have?
(I feel cheated)

2) I never called our offense good....so not only is your response lame...its inaccurate.

3) Its a Daiquiri.....:thumbsup:

1) I'll get on sooner next time I know you're waiting for a response

2) I don't troll, so touche

3) Thanks for the correction, I don't drink it and can't spell it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-24-2008, 03:32 AM
I'll get on sooner next time I know you're waiting for a response

Dont bother....we already know your response.

Here ...I cut and pasted one of the 597 posts that you have graced us with. Pretty much could have been ANY of the 597...since you say the same thing....over....and over...and over....and over...and over....

"Willie Sucks... :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: Willie Sucks... :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: Willie Sucks... :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: Willie Sucks... :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:"

Yep....I think we get it.

augustashark
12-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Dont bother....we already know your response.

Here ...I cut and pasted one of the 597 posts that you have graced us with. Pretty much could have been ANY of the 597...since you say the same thing....over....and over...and over....and over...and over....

Yep....I think we get it.

He has to be close to the record for fastest to 600 posts in SF history.:chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-24-2008, 03:47 AM
He has to be close to the record for fastest to 600 posts in SF history.:chuckle:

Its easy when you just type the words "Willie sucks".....copy....then paste on every thread regardless of whether its relevent or not.

He even hijacked the "santa" thread....because apparantly he didnt think we knew his "deep" thoughts on the deficiencies of our offence.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 07:43 AM
We saw Leftwich play for the jaguars, and falcons. He was beaten out by Garrard, and played horribly in Atlanta.

Hey, didn't Kurt Warner get released by St. Louis in favor of Mark Bulger? Didn't he get released by the Giants in favor of Eli before he was ready? And didn't the Cardinals give Leinhart chance after chance? And look at Warner this season. Just b/c Leftwich failed in two other systems, doesn't mean he'd fail in ours.

HometownGal
12-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Way to go folks. Another 41 page thread of crap.

:coffee:

I think this thread 'o manure has taken up bandwidth here long enough. Time to say "good night Gracie".

http://www.theatermania.com/news/images/2644a.jpg