PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Ben you singlehandedly lost another one

Pages : [1] 2

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:02 PM
the title says it all 4 fumbles and 2 interceptions, enough said.

The Duke
12-21-2008, 03:03 PM
He singlehandedly won the last 2

Short memory I guess

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 03:05 PM

Willie Parker:

18 carries for 29 yards
1.6 yards per carry

Who single handedly lost what?

fansince'76
Find another bandwagon to ride. Please. :coffee:

jstethem12
how many has he cost us this year, you have the short memory, when all you do is have to not screw up because of our #1 defense and you cant do that, thats pitiful.

Dino 6 Rings
Seriously...GET THE FCK OFF THIS BOARD WITH THE NEGATIVE SHIIIIT!

Pittsburghfan
12-21-2008, 03:06 PM
That was quick. Like it or not he is our qb and you can't change that..

fansince'76
12-21-2008, 03:06 PM
how many has he cost us this year, you have the short memory, when all you do is have to not screw up because of our #1 defense and you cant do that, thats pitiful.

We're 11-4, dumbass.

MACH1
12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
The titans were the better team today, plain and simple.

Ricco Suavez

Guys do not honor this creep, you can see he just joined to start this kind of crap.

Hapa
lick my ball sack

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 03:08 PM
And another idiot joins the bozo bin. Congratulations.

T.Richardson
Ben lost it? Wasnt aware Ben was playing defense...

SteelCityKing

it's all the fairweather fans up in here bro! they have NO LOVE for their team and their team captain! yeah, he sucked it up today. but the fact of the matter is, it was HIS determination and gully that got us in contention for the playoffs and won us a division. leave it up to the fairweathers and haters to rip up someone for a select few slip ups and instantly chastize him. i get sick of the haters man. i agree with you. shut up or get the f*ck out of here with your naysaying bullsh*t! right?

jstethem12
im not saying i dont like him but he is full of mistakes, seriously guys how many games do you think we would have won if it wouldnt for our defense with a mediocore defense we would be lucky to have won 4 games because our offense cant carry us, open your eyes, we will never make a playoff run with the offense playing like this.

mesaSteeler
12-21-2008, 03:09 PM

Agree completely. There are some very negative Steeler boards where you will be right at home.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2008, 03:09 PM
First team to get over 300 yards on our defense. That shouldn't happen again. Glad we got that out of our system.

Up next. Lets beat up the Browns and go into the first round bye on a high note.

RunWillieRun
12-21-2008, 03:10 PM
The titans were the better team today, plain and simple.

Careful....that's pretty close to something negative...you might get called out.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:11 PM
LOL

drizze99
The Titans played solid but you CAN"T WIN when you turn the ball over 4 times on the road. Ben was very careless with the ball today which is totally inexcusable.

Some of you make me sick with the way you are defending Ben. Are we only supposed to praise him when he does good? I call it both ways and don't play favorites. He f-ked up today and this one is on him...

Dino 6 Rings
im not saying i dont like him but he is full of mistakes, seriously guys how many games do you think we would have won if it wouldnt for our defense with a mediocore defense we would be lucky to have won 4 games because our offense cant carry us, open your eyes, we will never make a playoff run with the offense playing like this.

Go stick your head up a Titan's fans arse with your negative crap.

We are 11-4, first round bye, I'll take our team as a whole into the playoffs as they are and cheer like mad while you're pulling your jersey of the Cowboys, 49ers, Patriots, or whatever team it was you used to cheer or before you jumped on this Wagon.

Get off, we don't need the likes of you.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2008, 03:12 PM
The Titans played solid but you CAN"T WIN when you turn the ball over 4 times on the road. Ben was very careless with the ball today which is totally inexcusable.

Some of you make me sick with the way you are defending Ben. Are we only supposed to praise him when he does good? I call it both ways and don't play favorites. He f-ked up today and this one is on him...

Really? trying to make a play and run into the endzone and he got clobbered. Maybe he should have taken a knee.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:13 PM
amen drizze99 atleast your have some brains in your head, call it as you see it unlike these other retards.

RunWillieRun
12-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Go stick your head up a Titan's fans arse with your negative crap.

Irony much?

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:14 PM
they pay him 108 million dollars to NOT make mistakes.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2008, 03:16 PM

He's paid that much to make 92 yard game winning drives.

Defense is paid too, so is the O-line, so are the WRs and the Running backs, and the Coaches, and the Kicker.

DP_Steeler
12-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Ben has won some, but it is very frustrating watching a game like this one when you are having to not only defend against a good team, but get through the many turnovers brought upon by Ben. I'm not that upset about interceptions, but the fumbles trying to do too much drives many folks nuts. It could be a result of such poor pass protection this season (although better the last few games) ... he might be trying to hard to make things happen

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:17 PM
He's paid that much to make 92 yard game winning drives.

Defense is paid too, so is the O-line, so are the WRs and the Running backs, and the Coaches, and the Kicker.

LOL

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Careful....that's pretty close to something negative...you might get called out.

agreed. you NEVER dog your own team bro. that's like biting the hand that feeds you. you say you got love and you want us to win...we slip up and next thing you know you are calling the OTHER team the better team!? that is some bullsh*t and you know it MACH1. i think you are the biggest fairweather fan of them all...i say heel it off the boards or shut your lips.

"the Titans are the better team!?" NO...they won today...but they are NOT better than us. PERIOD!

DP_Steeler
12-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Not sure the Titans are that much better ... giveany team a handful of turnovers and they will likely beat you. You'll be facing an uphill battle all day long!

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
the titans are not even close to being a better team we gave it to them on a silver platter, its agravating to watch us let teams beat us that we are superior than.

NYC SteelersFan

Willie Parker:

18 carries for 29 yards
1.6 yards per carry

JEFF4i
Whoah whoah whoah. Ben was being aggresive on the last drive, so I won't really fault him for that because they were pressed for time, just like Flacco last week.

Other than that he's 26/40(65%, decently good), with over 300 yards, 2 TDs, and one INT.

steveironcity

At least our QB gives up his body to try to gain extra yards and doesnt go into a sissy slide like Brady or Romo do.

Dino 6 Rings
Not sure the Titans are that much better ... giveany team a handful of turnovers and they will likely beat you. You'll be facing an uphill battle all day long!

Agreed, turnovers hurt. A missed FG to tie the game before half, that hurt too. Allowing long drives by the Titans and not stopping 4th down plays. That hurt too.

fansince'76
agreed. you NEVER dog your own team bro. that's like biting the hand that feeds you. you say you got love and you want us to win...we slip up and next thing you know you are calling the OTHER team the better team!? that is some bullsh*t and you know it MACH1. i think you are the biggest fairweather fan of them all...i say heel it off the boards or shut your lips.

"the Titans are the better team!?" NO...they won today...but they are NOT better than us. PERIOD!

Careful - you might be accused of "drinking the Kool-Aid" - the season's over and the sky is falling, didn't you know? :coffee:

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Whoah whoah whoah. Ben was being aggresive on the last drive, so I won't really fault him for that because they were pressed for time, just like Flacco last week.

Other than that he's 26/40(65%, decently good), with over 300 yards, 2 TDs, and one INT.

and 4 fumbles 2 lost.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:21 PM

no doubt. you took the word right out of my mouth dude.

ANY team would have trouble with the turnovers and swings we had this game. but hell, it was an exciting game and we pull of some amazing plays. Harrison breaking records and Ward liting it up. Holmes clutched some plays. i think it was a great game...but super depressing to watch. na'mean?

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:22 PM
weneed to beat the browns by 50 just for fun.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:22 PM
and 4 fumbles 2 lost.

you keep saying that like it's going to change the outcome of the game. we know the stats bro. how about you try and focus on the positives for a change. thanks. =)

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 03:23 PM

MACH1 is the LAST person on this board anyone should accuse of being a fairweather fan. He said the Titans were the better team TODAY. I believe they were too - they clearly wanted the game more than the Steelers did. Does that make me a fairweather fan?

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Careful - you might be accused of "drinking the Kool-Aid" - the season's over and the sky is falling, didn't you know? :coffee:

haha! the proverbial Kool-Aid!!! haha!

Chicken Little said that the season is over...or was it the Boy Who Cried Season Fall Out!? HAHA!

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:25 PM
MACH1 is the LAST person on this board anyone should accuse of being a fairweather fan. He said the Titans were the better team TODAY. I believe they were too - they clearly wanted the game more than the Steelers did. Does that make me a fairweather fan?

you know what? i agree with you man. i wanted to apologize for ripping people up on this one because i never really FULLY read the post. he DID say "today" and not the whole season. i agree with him on that and i wanted to take that one back. my bad dudes...my bad. =)

brick
12-21-2008, 03:25 PM
i think in the colts game he pretty much gave it away with those ints, but i wouldn't say that today. to be honest we're not one of those teams that puts up 30+ points week in week out, so when a team puts up 31 points on our defense, then they're probably going to win. our defense has been our saving grace this season, and this time the titans outplayed us there. i actually thought ben was passing pretty well all game (outside of the ints). he wasn't really doing too much panic passing which is when he really gets in trouble, and its just that we couldn't find a nice momentum in our offense after we went 14-10 up. and having pretty much 0 running game doesn't help either.

steveironcity
12-21-2008, 03:26 PM

The Titans might have played better, but they are or were not the better team. They are having a dream season. We are just having another Steelers season. In a few years we will still be in the top 5 and they will be in the crapper with Detriot.

OneForTheToe
12-21-2008, 03:26 PM

Why don't you go root for the fantasy lover boys Rivers and Brees. They both make lots of money, put up big numbers and sit home when January comes. Or how about tony romo who will be sitting at home during the playoffs watching cartoons with Jessica.

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 03:27 PM
you know what? i agree with you man. i wanted to apologize for ripping people up on this one because i never really FULLY read the post. he DID say "today" and not the whole season. i agree with him on that and i wanted to take that one back. my bad dudes...my bad. =)

:hatsoff:Way to man up bro.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:27 PM
would you not want to watch cartoons with jessica simpson

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:29 PM

naw...i'd like to watch MythBusters with her and sit back and laugh while she tries to figure out why the guy with a mustache is trying to shoot a bullet underwater and see if it breaks the speed of sound. -- she's a numbskull and she might be a good piece of butt...but she's lame...so is Tony. haha!

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 03:30 PM

Don't let them make you think that it's okay to insult or call out the members with 25 posts when they say the same kind of things.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:30 PM
:hatsoff:Way to man up bro.

that little icon looks like Abraham Lincoln with a bunch of spiders having a pow wow on the top of his head! HAHA!

thanks man. i just don't want to let my mouth screw myself out of being involved with good company by getting banned off the boards or something. i like you dudes. ha!

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Don't let them make you think that it's okay to insult or call out the members with 25 posts when they say the same kind of things.

i misread the post and i feel bad. no biggie. i'm over it.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
we need bettis back

JEFF4i
and 4 fumbles 2 lost.

Maybe he should've not lost that many, but don't forget the fact that the defenders even got to him.

Bottom line: Big Ben throws his best games without a doubt when he has some time. He didn't have time today, and to be honest, I think played decently despite it.

X-Terminator

Dude, seriously.

Let.

It.

Go.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Dude, seriously.

Let.

It.

Go.

haha! i did. why can't everyone else!?

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Maybe he should've not lost that many, but don't forget the fact that the defenders even got to him.

Bottom line: Big Ben throws his best games without a doubt when he has some time. He didn't have time today, and to be honest, I think played decently despite it.

your right its jsut aggravating to watch a team like that beat us that we are far superior than, i hate to see our offense ruin a good season with dumb mistakes, Ben is a good QB, SOMETIMES and then sometimes he has brain farts i think, i LOVE the STEELERS have for my whole life and Yes i get pissed when they loose just like the rest of you.

JEFF4i
12-21-2008, 03:37 PM
your right its jsut aggravating to watch a team like that beat us that we are far superior than, i hate to see our offense ruin a good season with dumb mistakes, Ben is a good QB, SOMETIMES and then sometimes he has brain farts i think, i LOVE the STEELERS have for my whole life and Yes i get pissed when they loose just like the rest of you.

Eh, I'm thinking of it as a rally loss. Honestly, its the O-Line in the end guys, for the lack of offensive production. Same story as last year. Going into playoffs we'll do what we can, and I think it'll be wins. Just have to be smart about it, we aren't going to fix our O-Line in a week when its plagued us for over a year.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I said at the begining of the year our O-line was gonna get Ben killed, i watch replays and guys come in untouched and we have o lineman double teaming d lineman and the linebackers come in free and drill ben, its a team effort and right know i dont think we can win the super bowl the way our O is playing.

OneForTheToe
12-21-2008, 03:42 PM

She is hot but really ... how exhausting to have to keep explaining to her that the butler was just pertending to haunt the castle so the ghost weren't real. Plus, telling her over and over again that she can't really talk to Scooby because he is just a cartoon.

black_and_gold_4_ever
12-21-2008, 03:44 PM
OK you say Ben lost this game how about to big 4th down plays that the Defense let go...

jstethem12
She is hot but really ... how exhausting to have to keep explaining to her that the butler was just pertending to haunt the castle so the ghost weren't real. Plus, telling over and over again that she can'r really talk to Scooby because he is just a cartoon.

LOL, she would probably even be aggravating in the sack, she could quite possibly be the dumbest person ever, but she is HOT.

LVSteelersfan
Oh my God. The sky is falling. The NFL just decided to take away our playoffs and our number two seed in the AFC because we lost a game. You naysayers need to go root for the Patsies. They won by a million points today, Running up the score yet again.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
OK you say Ben lost this game how about to big 4th down plays that the Defense let go...

Those hurt bad, very bad.:banging:

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
LOL, she would probably even be aggravating in the sack, she could quite possibly be the dumbest person ever, but she is HOT.

okay...so, did someone start a Jessica Simpson thread that i didn't know about!? how about we bring this back to football!? haha!

you guys and your "Hot Chick/Dumb Girl ADD" disease! haha!

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Oh my God. The sky is falling. The NFL just decided to take away our playoffs and our number two seed in the AFC because we lost a game. You naysayers need to go root for the Patsies. They won by a million points today, Running up the score yet again.

HAHA! nicely put.

LVSteelersfan
12-21-2008, 03:48 PM
She is hot but really ... how exhausting to have to keep explaining to her that the butler was just pertending to haunt the castle so the ghost weren't real. Plus, telling over and over again that she can't really talk to Scooby because he is just a cartoon.

Her favorite cartoon is, GET THIS, THE SIMPSONS. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
She can sit on my couch with me and watch anything she wants. My eyes WILL NOT be on the television.

How many blondes does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Blonde says, silly you can't screw in a lightbulb. There isn't enough room in there.

Jaquila
12-21-2008, 03:48 PM
seriously jstethem12 just go away plz....

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
why did johnson not get a flag for bringing out the terrible towel, i thought props always got you a penalty

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Her favorite cartoon is, GET THIS, THE SIMPSONS. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
She can sit on my couch with me and watch anything she wants. My eyes WILL NOT be on the television.

How many blondes does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Blonde says, silly you can't screw in a lightbulb. There isn't enough room in there.

HAHA...that was so stupid it was funny. i dig blonde jokes! ha!

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:50 PM
seriously jstethem12 just go away plz....

shut up jackazz, go play in the road, retard. we are chatting here, and dont need to hear your crap.

Rick5895
12-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Blame the QB?, He did not play well but no one did. The O Line was terrible and the D crapped the bed. We would not be in the playoffs if were'nt for Ben, He has pulled 4 games out at the end. If they don't fix the Run O and fix the play calling on O, it won't matter in the playoffs, we will be in trouble.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 03:52 PM

11-4, and 5 games Ben QB'd GAME WINNING Drives.

They're all equally responsible for this.

LVSteelersfan
12-21-2008, 03:52 PM
HAHA...that was so stupid it was funny. i dig blonde jokes! ha!

Blonde jokes are ALL SO STUPID they are funny. That is the point of them.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:53 PM
why are no fans calling out Bruce arians, this guy is horrible, hopefully Tomlin really looks at going a different route at the end of the season than with Arians.

GodofGridiron
12-21-2008, 03:53 PM
At least our QB gives up his body to try to gain extra yards and doesnt go into a sissy slide like Brady or Romo do.

But that "sissy slide" wouldve at least netted us 3 pts. Remember, thats a 10 pts swing youre talking about. Tenn scored 21 pts off of miscues. You will not win with such a deficit in the turnover battle. Like it or not Tennesse was the better team on both sides of the ball. Give em credit.

steelpride12
12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Wait. O yeah i forgot were gonna finish the season a strong 12-4 with a first round bye in the playoffs i forgot.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Wait. O yeah i forgot were gonna finish the season a strong 12-4 with a first round bye in the playoffs i forgot.

oh wow! send that message to all the haters and naysayers out there who think we suck and blew our season! haha!

you can't win 'em all and not everyone can be happy i guess! =)

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 04:02 PM
its still a great season, dont count 12-4 yet i know cleveland sucks but you know how the rivalries are, will you guys be mad if the browns beat us, i feel its the same because the titans havent played a hard schedule they are not as good of team as we are not by far.

steelpride12
12-21-2008, 04:03 PM
its still a great season, dont count 12-4 yet i know cleveland sucks but you know how the rivalries are, will you guys be mad if the browns beat us, i feel its the same because the titans havent played a hard schedule they are not as good of team as we are not by far.

Were not gonna play our starters in this game. Were not playing for anything anymore so watch for most of the starters sitting out.

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 04:04 PM
shut up jackazz, go play in the road, retard. we are chatting here, and dont need to hear your crap.

It's just a shame that you have been fortunate enough to dodge cars.:chuckle:

steelreserve
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM

What, would you rather have Maddox or Kordell in there so they could throw 4 interceptions and also skip the ball to the receiver's feet for no good reason a dozen or so times?

Yeah, today sucked, but with any number of the other clowns we've had at QB, you'd be worried about this happening EVERY game.

MACH1
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM

Yep, Guess they should just roll over and die now. Give away that 2nd seed and bye to someone who deserves it. :rolleyes:

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 04:12 PM
GO STEELERS

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
GO STEELERS

*sob* don't say that if you don't mean it! *sob*

haha! kidding!

AvoidLLoyd95
12-21-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm happy with second seed in afc and first round bye. Maybe two home games, 1 for sure. What's the problem?

shevdog
12-21-2008, 04:19 PM
The "Pittsburgh Steelers" lost that game, not single handedly "Ben". It was several players on both sides that lost this one.

Oh well, we have bye week and are the #2 seed. No one can take that from us.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm happy with second seed in afc and first round bye. Maybe two home games, 1 for sure. What's the problem?

NOBODY seems to be happy about this. yeah, it was a loss. you win some...you lose some. but guess what, it was JUST a game. it would've been nice to pull of a win...but it didn't happen. move on...get over it and focus on next week and the playoffs. -- like my mother always said, you can never be ENTIRELY happy. i'm bummed now, but hey...i still have faith. =)

that post wasn't directed towards YOU AvoidLloyd95...just to the haters and naysayers. =)

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 04:20 PM
who do you think we will play first game in the playoffs.

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 04:22 PM

They didn't win by 40, that's the problem.

But in all honesty, while Ben's turnovers certainly hurt, it was up to the D to stop the Titans, and for the first time this season, they didn't get the job done. Also, if they had any semblance of a running game, then Ben would not have to pass so much. Part of the reason he had such a great season last year was because they could run fairly well. They don't have it this season, and as a result, Ben has 20 total turnovers. Just like any other QB, he needs to be put in situations where he can be successful, and the fact that the Steelers have managed to get to this point is a testament to how good Ben really is.

MACH1
12-21-2008, 04:23 PM
I'd rather lose this game than lose one in three weeks. It was a bad day all around for the team. I'll take where were sitting any day.

roscoe777
12-21-2008, 04:23 PM

I swear, I hope its the titans, stomping the towel on the sideline after the game was only a motivator. This loss puts things in good perspective.

shevdog
12-21-2008, 04:25 PM

I have this feeling we will see Indy again. I rather not face the Ratbirds again, mainly because I am sick of watching them.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I have this feeling we will see Indy again. I rather not face the Ratbirds again, mainly because I am sick of watching them.

i'm sick of hearing them flap their gums all day about "bounties" and the "non-touchdown" call. i hope they get slapped out of the wildcard and he just get the winner of that game.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 04:26 PM
the NFL is tough, any given sunday a bad team could come alive, our record is a testament to how good of a team we are, granted our D is MUCH better than our O but for once this season our D didnt come through, with that being said our Offense has let us down alot this year, would we have won the Cowboys game if it werent for the D absolutely not, we are a good team jsut have alot of places on offense to get better.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 04:29 PM
the NFL is tough, any given sunday a bad team could come alive, our record is a testament to how good of a team we are, granted our D is MUCH better than our O but for once this season our D didnt come through, with that being said our Offense has let us down alot this year, would we have won the Cowboys game if it werent for the D absolutely not, we are a good team jsut have alot of places on offense to get better.

good point. BUT that Cowboys game could've went either way. the D stepped up and pulled the rug out from under Romo. BUT, he is known to be the biggest choke artist in the league. he probably would've f*cked that game up on his own eventually. you know what i mean?

NV STEELERS 723
12-21-2008, 04:30 PM
You win w/ Ben ...you lose w/ him...its still a team loss... I'll put my money on Ben any day of the week !

GO STEELERS !

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-21-2008, 04:30 PM
He sure did! But I'm kinda happy ! We don't do well as a 1 seed.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 04:33 PM
i know what ya mean and your right we dont do good when we are supposed to, teams we should dominate like the eagles or the chargers, we barely beat, hope we pull it together. hopefully this is a wake up call.

T.Richardson
12-21-2008, 04:33 PM
LOL @ jstethem12

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 04:35 PM
i know what ya mean and your right we dont do good when we are supposed to, teams we should dominate like the eagles or the chargers, we barely beat, hope we pull it together. hopefully this is a wake up call.

at this point in the season we don't need a "wake up call." we just need to crack down on our fundamentals and grind it out until our time comes to turn it up a notch. that time is our battle with whoever we face in the playoffs. i'm all about that right now because i would rather lose to a team in the regular season than the same team in the playoffs. na'mean?

pittsburghp8baller
12-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Willie Parker:

18 carries for 29 yards
1.6 yards per carry

Who single handedly lost what?

the fact that he got hit 7 times for loss helped those numbers, when he was actually allowed to get to the LOS then he was pretty effective, could of been better but thats ONE of the reasons we lost.

another could of been that on at least 5 plays (prob a lot more) i noticed Max Starks blocking air and letting the End get in on the play. Or it could be the defense not being able to get the timely stop that was needed to give us a chance.

we are 11-4 far better than most of us and jus bout all the 'experts' predicted us to be. Ben played good for not having a run game and being hit a lot, u notice the shot he took on the hines ward TD, cant call his toughness into question on that play

Big D
12-21-2008, 04:55 PM

Short memory I guess

thanks brother, some or so quick to forget. Sometimes i wish we sucked so these bandwagon fans can go back under the rock they came from

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
We're 11-4, dumbass.

with a first round bye in the playoffs:tt:

Paul Pyrch
12-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Totally agree with you! What do you call four fumbles, four sacks and two picks? Don't get me wrong. I love Ben and think he is the best QB in the NFL, bar none. But when he has a bad game, we need to be honest and say so.The Titans played solid but you CAN"T WIN when you turn the ball over 4 times on the road. Ben was very careless with the ball today which is totally inexcusable.

cowboykilla
12-21-2008, 05:43 PM
the title says it all 4 fumbles and 2 interceptions, enough said.Lose this:fingers:

cowboykilla
12-21-2008, 05:46 PM
at this point in the season we don't need a "wake up call." we just need to crack down on our fundamentals and grind it out until our time comes to turn it up a notch. that time is our battle with whoever we face in the playoffs. i'm all about that right now because i would rather lose to a team in the regular season than the same team in the playoffs. na'mean?I agree with the King. This is not the end of the road. We'll see they ass in the playoffs:tt02:

ricksteelers55
12-21-2008, 05:48 PM

What about you shut the F UP

he won the last 2,he won 5 this year when we were trailing in the 4th QTR

so who cares about the AFC Title

The Pats won the League Reg Season title last year....did they win the superbowl ?

Ben isnt the only responsable for the lost,as well as he isnt the only responsable for a win...this is a team sports so you win and lose as a team

so if you want to slap a player after a loss you better doing the opposite when we win

bandwagon fan

stlrtruck
12-21-2008, 05:50 PM
As much as Ben made the mistakes, I think it's only fair to give the Titans a hats off and great job by them.
Our defense has been lights out all season long and I'm kind of thankful this break down happened now instead of 3 weeks from now.
There is redemption that needs to be made. And I'm hoping we have a chance to do it against the titans.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 05:51 PM
I agree with the King. This is not the end of the road. We'll see they ass in the playoffs:tt02:

haha! how ironic, you called me "The King" and we just lost to the team from Elvis' hometown!? niceone dude! haha!

i went with "King" because it was the name of my Pitbull who died 2 years ago. i have a memorial tattoo for him too. i'm not a King by any means. but it helps me remember him. =)

ANYWAYS...ummm...GO STEELERS! =)

TackleMeBen
12-21-2008, 05:58 PM
this game made me so mad that i had to turn off the tv before i broke it.

we missed opportunities, and just played crappy on both sides of the ball.

you cant just blame ben for this lost. i mean the defense did let a few plays get by them too.

LambertIsGod58
12-21-2008, 06:17 PM

Short memory I guess

He did? I thought he waited til the fourth quarter to play in both of those games....:coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Ben lost it? Wasnt aware Ben was playing defense...

He wasn't playin' offense either.....

TackleMeBen
12-21-2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200812/2008121_steel_330.jpgHe did? I thought he waited til the fourth quarter to play in both of those games....:coffee:

stillers4me
12-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Thank god someone wanted to win those last two games. And his name is Ben.

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200812/2008121_steel_330.jpg

Very cool pic. :tt02:

TackleMeBen
12-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Thank god someone wanted to win those last two games. And his name is Ben.
stillers, now you know that ben didnt want to win those games... it was really arians who single-handly won those last two games :chuckle:

drizze99
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Kool Aid anyone? Some of you seem to be running out.

http://halfwaytoconcord.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/california-legislature-serves-budget-kool-aid.jpg

LOL, let me see if I can get this right...

If you say something negative about a Steeler or a Steeler coach, I am a fair weather fan?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Really, go get a life. It's called MY OPINION and I will express it anytime I feel the need to. I give props where props are due, but I am not afraid to call out a terrible performance by Ben or any other player.It's all about reality and not candyland like some of you live at...

stillers4me
12-21-2008, 07:54 PM

http://halfwaytoconcord.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/california-legislature-serves-budget-kool-aid.jpg

If you say something negative about a Steeler or a Steeler coach, I am a fair weather fan?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Really, go get a life. It's called MY OPINION and I will express it anytime I feel the need to. I give props where props are due, but I am not afraid to call out a terrible performance by Ben or any other player.It's all about reality and not candyland like some of you live at...

I don't think I've read about anyone defending Ben's performance today.

Some just don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

missedgehead
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM

Agreed wholeheartedly. :applaudit::applaudit: It is getting to the point where Ben is becoming like Brett Farve in the sense that you are not to EVER criticize him, even if the criticism is valid. You made a good post and I agree with you.

T.Richardson
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
He wasn't playin' offense either.....

Brett Favre didnt either.

HometownGal
12-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Betcha all of you Ben haters were frothing at the mouth when the guy led his team from behind against both Dallas and the Rats, weren't ya? :coffee: Go find another bandwagon to jump on - you should be ashamed of yourselves.

T.Richardson
12-21-2008, 08:00 PM
haha! how ironic, you called me "The King" and we just lost to the team from Elvis' hometown!? niceone dude! haha!

i went with "King" because it was the name of my Pitbull who died 2 years ago. i have a memorial tattoo for him too. i'm not a King by any means. but it helps me remember him. =)

ANYWAYS...ummm...GO STEELERS! =)

that would be Memphis. Not Nashville.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Ben puts his stats, body, and everything else on the line to win. You guys should be happy instead of whining. Even on the last INT. Hines stopped and starting walking off. Ben was running after that dude, trying to make that tackle.

lambertlunaticfan
12-21-2008, 08:17 PM
why is it you have such a problem with people complaining about the steelers,whenever someone post something like this,you always say things like this,you can be a true fan and still complain about the team,i mean we did lose today,did you see nothing to complain about,must be nice to always see rainbows in your world when it comes to the steelersFind another bandwagon to ride. Please. :coffee:

fansince'76
12-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Agreed wholeheartedly. :applaudit::applaudit: It is getting to the point where Ben is becoming like Brett Farve in the sense that you are not to EVER criticize him, even if the criticism is valid. You made a good post and I agree with you.

It's great to be on three teams' bandwagons! (and counting - depends on if a "new" team wins the SB this year or not) :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:coffee:

stillers4me
12-21-2008, 08:20 PM
why is it you have such a problem with people complaining about the steelers,whenever someone post something like this,you always say things like this,you can be a true fan and still complain about the team,i mean we did lose today,did you see nothing to complain about,must be nice to always see rainbows in your world when it comes to the steelers

There was plenty to complain about. The same things everyone has been complaining about in about 100 posts all season. Nothing more to see here. And the bandwagon comment was directed at someone who has "3 favorite teams".

steelpride12
12-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Wait a minute i swear last week everyone said Ben was the player of the game and i swear he has led on on now two game winning drives and everyone loved him.

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

We have people that whenever Ben has a bad game, they circle him like vultures. Even when the guy WINS, they circle him like vultures. And nobody's supposed to say anything about it? You should be just allowed to say whatever you want without anyone disagreeing, because it's "MY OPINION." Yeah, right. :coffee:

GodofGridiron
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Folks we gotta call it like it happened and how we saw it. Ben F'd up...........singlehandedly, maybe not, but Ben put his stamp on it just as he did in the Indy game. HE threw those picks.....not Harrison, not Troy.........no one on the O line or D line. Ben.......he lost two fumbles.....one which wiped away a sure scoring opportunity deep in the red zone. Yeah, you can applaude his effort but to sacrifice your body and risk season ending injury or yet another concussion is a gamble, but sliding makes it 4th and goal and at least you get points. Ben deserves his share of criticism.........stop exaulting him like he's some idol. Hes not. He's human and he showed it today.

fansince'76
12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
why is it you have such a problem with people complaining about the steelers,whenever someone post something like this,you always say things like this,you can be a true fan and still complain about the team,i mean we did lose today,did you see nothing to complain about,must be nice to always see rainbows in your world when it comes to the steelers

Because it's the same squawking over and over and over and over again and it's usually over-the-top "Trade Ben for Brady Quinn!" kind of crap. It's beyond old.

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 08:37 PM

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/stfu2.jpg

warm bowl of soup anyone?

Steeldude
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
QB - D+

OL - D-

RB - D+

WR/TE - B

DL - D

LB - C

DB - C+

ST - C

HC/OC/Assistants - C-

those are my grades. give or take +/- :smile:

Steel Warrior
12-21-2008, 08:49 PM
The bottom line is we have a very pathetic offense that's not gonna win games come the playoffs. The D got abused, as other teams have figured out or weak spots, short and out kills us. This loss is a good thing, it brings the team back to earth, and hopefully they lean from this.

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 09:00 PM
The bottom line is we have a very pathetic offense that's not gonna win games come the playoffs. The D got abused, as other teams have figured out or weak spots, short and out kills us. This loss is a good thing, it brings the team back to earth, and hopefully they lean from this.sorry dude, but "other teams" have figured out every other teams weak spots.

its not exactly rocket science.

you gotta come with something stronger than that....

devilsdancefloor
12-21-2008, 09:03 PM

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

GIVE ME THAT KOOL- AID! To some of you who say you bleed black and gold and the first sign of a bad game you want to throw folks under the bus F*&^ that!! as long as i keep seeing ben doing this i can live with a few bad games
http://xs434.xs.to/xs434/08510/ben-lombardi126.jpg

Steel Warrior
12-21-2008, 09:06 PM
sorry dude, but "other teams" have figured out every other teams weak spots.

its not exactly rocket science.

you gotta come with something stronger than that....

OK, so what's your take on the loss, if you didn't see that being exploited.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 09:13 PM
if e cant talk about the games good or bad theni guess theres no reason to have these forums huh, thats what they are there for to complain or praise, i give ben props when he does good and hes gonna get the same for doing bad. If we are talking about the same stuff over and over and over then our coaches aerent doing a good job at fixing the problems.

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
By no means did Ben play well today, but he did not single handedly lose the game either. The O line was aweful, the D played like they could care less about the game (at least in the fourth) and the play calling sucked. All in all it wasn't ben who lost, the Steelers lost. That being said, We are still the AFC North Champs with a first round bye, and whole hartedly believe that we are going to be fired up for the games that truly count (playoffs)

GBMelBlount
12-21-2008, 09:38 PM
GIVE ME THAT KOOL- AID! To some of you who say you bleed black and gold and the first sign of a bad game you want to throw folks under the bus F*&^ that!! as long as i keep seeing ben doing this i can live with a few bad games
http://xs434.xs.to/xs434/08510/ben-lombardi126.jpg

I'm with ya brother. :drink:

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 09:45 PM
OK, so what's your take on the loss, if you didn't see that being exploited.may take for one, is that we didnt face some afc cupcake.

secondly, ben has horrible fumble statistics. i think when he tries too hard to make a play he becomes a bit phrenetic and careless. his 1st 2 fumbles were the difference of 10 points.

third, while our defense played alright by many other teams standards, it want lights out. im still suprised none of our opponents get called for holding.

we got beat. thats my take.... doesnt mean im gonna start mumbling stupid shit though.

Steel Warrior
12-21-2008, 09:53 PM
may take for one, is that we didnt face some afc cupcake.

secondly, ben has horrible fumble statistics. i think when he tries too hard to make a play he becomes a bit phrenetic and careless. his 1st 2 fumbles were the difference of 10 points.

third, while our defense played alright by many other teams standards, it want lights out. im still suprised none of our opponents get called for holding.

we got beat. thats my take.... doesnt mean im gonna start mumbling stupid shit though.

"mumbling stupid shit", That's what you call my take on our inability to stop the short outs which killed us all day? Do my a favor, go "F" yourself, and when you're done, find somebody that looks just like you, and "F" them too.

stlrz fan
12-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Ben is a great QB and a great team captain. He has led the team to this stage of the season. He is placing a lot of the blame on himself and wants nothing more than to get back to his old self and he will. Ride this out have faith in Ben and we will all be rewarded-He will get the Steelers to where we all want them to be.

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 10:00 PM
"mumbling stupid shit", That's what you call my take on our inability to stop the short outs which killed us all day? Do my a favor, go "F" yourself, and when you're done, find somebody that looks just like you, and "F" them too.
what do you look like? :wink02:

The bottom line is we have a very pathetic offense that's not gonna win games come the playoffs. The D got abused, as other teams have figured out or weak spots, short and out kills us. This loss is a good thing, it brings the team back to earth, and hopefully they lean from this.

sorry dude, but i see a bunch of mumbling stupid shit.

nothing about "short outs other than a generic phrase of it killing us."

:jerkit: maybe you can just go :jerkit:

:thumbsup:

Steel Warrior
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
what do you look like? :wink02:

sorry dude, but i see a bunch of mumbling stupid shit.

nothing about "short outs other than a generic phrase of it killing us."

:jerkit: maybe you can just go :jerkit:

:thumbsup:

I see you kind of like like that jerkoff emoticon, guess you do it often, good for you. Peace.

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I see you kind of like like that jerkoff emoticon, guess you do it often, good for you. Peace.hey Steel Whatever

wasnt it you talkin about F in oneself?

get over it. you spewed some bullshit and i called you on it.

the cardinals D got abused. dallas D last night was abused on the final 2 raven drives.

the steelers defense got beat with no help from their turnover prone offense.

if youre gonna join and spew crap like todays titantrolls, expect to be treated just the same. :hatsoff:

:peace:

VegasStlrFan
12-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm not a huge Ben fan, BUT this was no way on his shoulders alone. This was a team loss in my opinion. We let Kerry "TOM" Collins pick us apart on D. We have won games when Ben has played much worse.......Oh yea and the Titans are pretty good. It will take your 'A Game' to beat them. Everyone brings theirs when they play us. Its like a superbowl for every team that puts the pads on against us.

Steel Warrior
12-21-2008, 10:19 PM
hey Steel Whatever

the cardinals D got abused. dallas D last night was abused on the final 2 raven drives.

if youre gonna join and spew crap like todays titantrolls, expect to be treated just the same. :hatsoff:

What the hell are you talking about?? Lets talk again once you get sober. Peace.

GBMelBlount
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM

I feel like your contradicting yourself Steel Warrior. You're saying our offense is pathetic and we're gonna lose in the playoffs yet you're hoping we learn from this. That says to me you understand we had a bad game, but that we still have potential to go far. I don't know if we're going all the way, but I feel we can beat any team in the NFL. I agree though, the offense, and Ben, will likely be the key.

steel9guy
12-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Ben Roethlisberger did not cost us the game today stupid penalties, wrong routes, stupid play calls cost us. Jeez if it wasn't for Big Ben we wouldn't have 11 wins this year. He won the Jacksonville, both ravens games, the chargers game, and the cowboys game all in the closing minutes. He has absolutley NO TIME AT ALL and when he does yah he holds on to it too long sometimes but I don't blame him for holding on to the ball because he has no time and when he gets time he tries too make a big play and alot of the times he does. So I just think it's crazy that we complain about a QB who has led us to a 5th superbowl and who has over 50 wins in his first 5 years. Everybody has a bad game every once in a while but I'd never EVER even consider taking him out of a game.

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 10:35 PM
What the hell are you talking about?? Lets talk again once you get sober. Peace.confucius say-

better to be inibriated and speaking with smart ones, than to be sober and speaking with idiots.

so on that note, i will kindly decline your offer. thanks.

:drink:

MDSteel15
12-21-2008, 10:41 PM

You sir, are the weekest link... Good Bye! :drink:

I guess the fact that he had hardly anytime in the pocket didn't factor into anything.... :popcorn:

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 10:46 PM
QB - D+

OL - D-

RB - D+

WR/TE - B

DL - D

LB - C

DB - C+

ST - C

HC/OC/Assistants - C-

those are my grades. give or take +/- :smile:

RB's get a D+? Who the hell did they cheat off to get that grade?

Parker:

18 carries for 29 yards
1.6 yards per carry

hey Steel Whatever

The 20,000+ poster has spoken!

confucius say-

so on that note, i will kindly decline your offer. thanks.

:drink:

Coolest quip of the day goes to tony hipchest.

eafratitpm3
12-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Although Ben made mistakes, this game was all about intensity, the Titans had it and we didn't. Besides a couple of plays the entire team looked pretty flat. Watching that Giants game tonight reminded me of how the Titans ran all over our D today. This game wasn't a big game as far as we needed to win. Some losses are better than others, I think the D took the Titans a little light this week. MAybe this will eb a wake up call, confidence is one thing but profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery is another. When I was watching the game today the score was 24-14 and the Titans ran a wide play and I heard a Steeler say that shit ain't gonna work here.

Polamalu43
12-21-2008, 11:41 PM

Yeah ben had a terrible game, but then again our defense did not play great either.

Steeldude
12-22-2008, 12:24 AM

the O-line is partly to blame. it's not like they were opening holes or keeping titans out of the backfield.

arians calling the draw isn't parker's fault. only barry sanders would have got out of that mess.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 12:27 AM
the O-line is partly to blame. it's not like they were opening holes or keeping titans out of the backfield.

arians calling the draw isn't parker's fault. only barry sanders would have got out of that mess.

Fine then give the OL an F- and Parker an F

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 12:31 AM

Exactly. That draw was the worst effort at "establishing the run" that I have ever seen.

Did you see Stapleton just get jammed into the backfield in the first quarter?? He gets driven right into Parker and Wille has to slide off of him and the defender and squirt ahead for a 4-5 yard gain. Again........where is Barry Sanders when you need him?

To the point of the thread, Ben didnt secure the ball and manage the game well, but he's not soley to blame.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 12:33 AM

And what do you give Moore?? I know......an A+. :chuckle:

Steeldude
12-22-2008, 02:16 AM

i didn't give moore an "F". the grade was for RBs as a whole, not one RB.

parker was hit in the backfield at least 6 times. the runs weren't parker's fault everytime.

augustashark
12-22-2008, 02:28 AM

I can most certianly tell you "what he gives Moore" but I'm sure Moores wife would be upset as well as the mods.:chuckle:

fred
12-22-2008, 02:42 AM
You take the good with the bad....no one thought the Steelers would be 11 - 4 with
the Schedule that was given to them......
yeah Ben's made mistakes but he's also
won alot of games too........

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 02:43 AM

3 carries for 28 yards. What would you give him? Either no grade at all cause he only had 3 carries or an A+++

I can most certianly tell you "what he gives Moore" but I'm sure Moores wife would be upset as well as the mods.:chuckle:

Maybe you can give me some tips after you're done with...

Oh wait, you have a little piece of Willie on the side of your mouth, wipe it off.

augustashark
12-22-2008, 02:54 AM
3 carries for 28 yards. What would you give him? Either no grade at all cause he only had 3 carries or an A+++

Maybe you can give me some tips after you're done with...

Oh wait, you have a little piece of Willie on the side of your mouth, wipe it off.

You know the whole Kurt Warner thing just came to mind. NYC, are you Moores wife? I mean, why else would you push so hard for him to get more playing time.

You know there is something else that has been bothering me since you came to SF. If you watch and understand the game like you say, then why is Moore such a bad blocking back? He misses so many chip blocks. Then when he is in during 1st and 2nd downs I've seen him completly miss blitzing LB'S. Maybe there is a reason he has always been a 3rd down back.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 03:13 AM
You know the whole Kurt Warner thing just came to mind. NYC, are you Moores wife? I mean, why else would you push so hard for him to get more playing time.

wipe the Willie from your mouth.

You know there is something else that has been bothering me since you came to SF. If you watch and understand the game like you say, then why is Moore such a bad blocking back? He misses so many chip blocks. Then when he is in during 1st and 2nd downs I've seen him completly miss blitzing LB'S. Maybe there is a reason he has always been a 3rd down back.

This is what your arguement has been reduced to after Parker has had 44 carries for 101 yards for an average of 2.2 yards per carry over the last 3 games. Three of the biggest games of the Steelers schedule. The only intelligent defense you can come up with for Parker is that he has had three 1,000 yard seasons inthe past. You know how many guys will finish with 1,000 yards this year? 12 definite with another highly possible 3, that's half the league.

The funny part is, I don't care who is "better" than who, I don't care if Moore replaces Parker, some guy off the street or your uncle. All I care is that someone else who is capable of gaining more than 1-2 yards per carry play running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Someday you'll learn to root for the team and not individual "star" players.

augustashark
12-22-2008, 03:31 AM
wipe the Willie from your mouth.

This is what your arguement has been reduced to after Parker has had 44 carries for 101 yards for an average of 2.2 yards per carry over the last 3 games. Three of the biggest games of the Steelers schedule. The only intelligent defense you can come up with for Parker is that he has had three 1,000 yard seasons inthe past. You know how many guys will finish with 1,000 yards this year? 12 definite with another highly possible 3, that's half the league.

The funny part is, I don't care who is "better" than who, I don't care if Moore replaces Parker, some guy off the street or your uncle. All I care is that someone else who is capable of gaining more than 1-2 yards per carry play running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Someday you'll learn to root for the team and not individual "star" players.

Ok junior. I was ponting out one problem that Moore has that may be a reason why he never started in MN and why he is not starting now. I am not like you and just start bashing our players and tell everyone why he should not be here. If Moore was the starting and we did'nt have anyone better then I would stick by him, not calling for a backup when I know he is not better.

The problem I see is the running plays that are being called. Running through the tackles is not Willies strength. Tomlin needs to start pulling the guards and getting Willie on the outside. We have great blocking WR'S and TE'S which bode well for outside running. We have what we have right now and it's time for the playoffs so we need to go with what we do best.

As for your remark on me rooting for a player and not the team is laughable. Keep whacking those keys you're starting to put up some good numbers.

augustashark
12-22-2008, 03:35 AM
Oh BTW, people here are really starting to grow tired of your Willie bashing. Just thought I'd let you know. Kinda like that booger on the tip of your nose, you want to know about it cause you don't want to come across as an idiot.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 03:42 AM
Ok junior. I was ponting out one problem that Moore has that may be a reason why he never started in MN and why he is not starting now. I am not like you and just start bashing our players and tell everyone why he should not be here. If Moore was the starting and we did'nt have anyone better then I would stick by him, not calling for a backup when I know he is not better.

The problem I see is the running plays that are being called. Running through the tackles is not Willies strength. Tomlin needs to start pulling the guards and getting Willie on the outside. We have great blocking WR'S and TE'S which bode well for outside running. We have what we have right now and it's time for the playoffs so we need to go with what we do best.

Pointing out what I think is the problem on an internet forum is not a personal comment towards you or anyone else and you shouldn't treat it as such. If my friends were Steelers fans and I could talk to them about the team, I wouldn't be here.

I too would stick by whoever we have, the problem is that Willie IS NOT the only running back we have, he is just happens to be the worst one right now.

Willie has zero strengths right now and you know it. And to revolve a rush scheme around an "outside running back" is suicide. He wants and likes to run to the outside? Fine, by all means, but he has to be able to run through the tackles first otherwise every defense will know where he is going and he'll get taken down for -5 every time. If he can't run through the tackles, get someone who can and use Willie on outside rushes.

The fact remains, he is not an every down back at this point in time and yet the coaches continue to use him as such and he has made them pay dearly for their decision.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 03:45 AM
Oh BTW, people here are really starting to grow tired of your Willie bashing. Just thought I'd let you know. Kinda like that booger on the tip of your nose, you want to know about it cause you don't want to come across as an idiot.

The "cool forum clique" can grow a 5 pound tumor on their foreheads for all I care. If I wanted to impress people or make people happy, I would do it somewhere it actually counted for something. And if I wanted to be a cheerleader I would've done a different google search when I originally found this forum. But thanks for the heads up.

augustashark
12-22-2008, 03:46 AM
Pointing out what I think is the problem on an internet forum is not a personal comment towards you or anyone else and you shouldn't treat it as such. If my friends were Steelers fans and I could talk to them about the team, I wouldn't be here.

I too would stick by whoever we have, the problem is that Willie IS NOT the only running back we have, he is just happens to be the worst one right now.

Willie has zero strengths right now and you know it. And to revolve a rush scheme around an "outside running back" is suicide. He wants and likes to run to the outside? Fine, by all means, but he has to be able to run through the tackles first otherwise every defense will know where he is going and he'll get taken down for -5 every time. If he can't run through the tackles, get someone who can and use Willie on outside rushes.

The fact remains, he is not an every down back at this point in time and yet the coaches continue to use him as such and he has made them pay dearly for their decision.

Then find new friends!

ShutDown24
12-22-2008, 03:48 AM
The "cool forum clique" can grow a 5 pound tumor on their foreheads for all I care. If I wanted to impress people or make people happy, I would do it somewhere it actually counted for something. And if I wanted to be a cheerleader I would've done a different google search when I originally found this forum. But thanks for the heads up.

But you are a cheerleader... Your pom poms have #21 written on them...

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 03:53 AM
But you are a cheerleader... Your pom poms have #21 written on them...

No, they have, "ANY NEW RUNNING BACK THAT CAN ACTUALLY RUSH THE BALL" written on them

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 03:54 AM
Then find new friends!

eh, too old for that, i'll make due with what I have.

steel striker
12-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Still I'd rather have a bad game now then when it really counts in three weeks. I guess we were due for a game like yesterday now we can move and get ready for the playoffs.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 05:48 AM
way to go ben, got hammered 3.5 times by a rookie DT

Way to go TexasTech's mother, got hammered for 3.5 hours by a rookie DT

DACEB
12-22-2008, 06:15 AM
id be proud if she got hammered by Jason Jones

I'm sure you would son, I'm sure you would. Any luck finding your daddy...or uncle or whatever hick or trick your beloved momma did before you came along and made the world a lesser place!

Stillers33
12-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Ok people the only time you pick on ben is when we lose. But when we win and he throws 2 ints all u fair weather fans say "aww ben is good" but when we lose you say "aww ben sucks but leftwich in there" Just burned all of you

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Ok people the only time you pick on ben is when we lose. But when we win and he throws 2 ints all u fair weather fans say "aww ben is good" but when we lose you say "aww ben sucks but leftwich in there" Just burned all of you

Seems to me you have to actually make sense to "burn" somebody.

TackleMeBen
12-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Brett Favre didnt either.
well all the jets fan are screaming for favre to retire since he lost to the seahawks.

PisnNapalm
12-22-2008, 08:17 AM

STFU....

This loss clearly goes on our inability to RUN the FRIGGIN BALL. The running game was completely shut down by Tennessee as it has been most of the year.

That means Ben has to try and win the game for us through the air.

I'll take Ben over any other qb in the league. He's a tough as nails gamer.

'nuff said.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 08:24 AM
IMO it was a complete team effort on offense. Ben made some incredibly stupid decisions like trying to dive through 3 defenders from the 3 yard line, the Oline got bitch slapped by a bunch of backups, and the RBs just plain stink this year.

Crappy job by all.

The pom pom spin is that there's no place to go but up for that side of the ball but it better happen quickly or it'll be one and done again this year.

FacemeIke
12-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Ben just tries to do too much sometimes, and I can't really fault him for that. I'd much rather have a QB that will try to dive into the endzone from the 3 then one who runs out of bounds.

With a guy like Ben you've just got to take the good with the bad.

TackleMeBen
12-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Ben just tries to do too much sometimes, and I can't really fault him for that. I'd much rather have a QB that will try to dive into the endzone from the 3 then one who runs out of bounds.

you mean like brady???:chuckle::chuckle:

and most times you get more good than bad. i would take him on my team anytime. he has that i wont give up attitude until the clock reads 0:00

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 09:18 AM

If you are just gonna use stats to push your thoughts and ignore the game, then just go ahead and post "biased Moore lover" on your sig. Why didnt you post the "Moore had a 17 yard run that skewed his stats" like the normal Parker haters would if Willie had a long run?? Some other Parker hater already posted that if you take out his 13 yard run.....it makes his average worse.

There were creases to run in sometimes and a lot of times nothing on those draws and off guard plays. I like Moore, I like the way he runs, catches and blocks. He is a complete football player. I think Parker ran the ball well when he didnt have a D-lineman on him almost taking the handoff, or making him move sideways because the hole wasnt there.

If you know anything about defensive football, you know that you want to make the back move laterally, so the rest of the defense can converge and gang tackle. When both Moore and Parker were able to run north-south, they did well. When they had to go east-west first, they got little or less. I put that on scheme, line blocking and lack of a FB. Even if you cant get any push from your O line, you gotta be able to draw up plays to get angles and make a lane north-south. Its why I am a proponent of Zeirline and Arians taking some blame.

drizze99
12-22-2008, 09:41 AM

Parker:

18 carries for 29 yards
1.6 yards per carry

You are like a broken record with this post... Tell me how many times were the Titans in the backfield about the same time he was getting the ball. Tell me how many times he had an actual hole to run through?

The fact of the matter is that our O-line didn't get the job done at all with a very pathetic effort. We let a ROOKIE get 4 sacks on Ben. They weren't blitzing all that much at all and we still couldn't block their 4 man line to save our life. It was disgusting to watch....

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 09:45 AM

how about sliding and getting the points?

I'd rather see him start to play smarter, there's a time and place to take chances and during the 1st qtr of a 0-0 game on the round is not the time.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey, Ben has played pretty heads up football the past 5 weeks. The first fumble, it looked like he had Miller open in the back of the end zone and from there it was not protecting the ball.

Its the risk-reward you get with Ben and you gotta accept it. He has been playing well down the stretch.

Steel12
12-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Hey, Ben has played pretty heads up football the past 5 weeks. The first fumble, it looked like he had Miller open in the back of the end zone and from there it was not protecting the ball.

Its the risk-reward you get with Ben and you gotta accept it. He has been playing well down the stretch.

What will everybody say when he chokes in the playoffs? I'm tired of defending him. He potentially had SIX turnovers yesterday by himself!!! No way we can win the Super Bowl this way. You can't keep putting our D in a bad position and expect them to stop the other team every time. All 4 losses were on him and not all 11 wins were because of him. He still gives us the best chance to win a title but that's not saying much when you look at how he's so inconsistent.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Betcha all of you Ben haters were frothing at the mouth when the guy led his team from behind against both Dallas and the Rats, weren't ya? :coffee: Go find another bandwagon to jump on - you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Come on HTG, for real? If you criticize your teams' performance or a certain player, now you're a bandwagon fan? As far as leading the team from behind, he had help. If you objectively read all these posts, you'll see that when we win, Ben won. But when we lose, it's a team loss. This after 4 turnovers!!!! Please? The defense lost that game? Ben's turnovers was the reason we lost. DId other people have bad games? Yeah....but I didn't see anyone on our team that had a worse game than Ben. Does the 300 yds and 2TD's somehow make it all ok? I don't think so. He supposed to be one of the top 5 QB's in the league, at least that's what I read all over this board every day. A top 5 QB doesn't play like that with something as big as home field throughout on the line.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:08 AM
What will everybody say when he chokes in the playoffs? I'm tired of defending him. He potentially had SIX turnovers yesterday by himself!!! No way we can win the Super Bowl this way. You can't keep putting our D in a bad position and expect them to stop the other team every time. All 4 losses were on him and not all 11 wins were because of him. He still gives us the best chance to win a title but that's not saying much when you look at how he's so inconsistent.

I couldn't agree more. And more and more people are starting to see the reality of it all.

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 10:19 AM
For the one millionth time, the Steelers drafted Ben KNOWING that this is how he plays. He takes chances. He's a gunslinger. He will try to do too much and look bad, and sometimes he will try to do too much and look great. That's just the way it is, whether the fans understand the concept or not...

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Come on HTG, for real? If you criticize your teams' performance or a certain player, now you're a bandwagon fan? As far as leading the team from behind, he had help. If you objectively read all these posts, you'll see that when we win, Ben won. But when we lose, it's a team loss. This after 4 turnovers!!!! Please? The defense lost that game? Ben's turnovers was the reason we lost. DId other people have bad games? Yeah....but I didn't see anyone on our team that had a worse game than Ben. Does the 300 yds and 2TD's somehow make it all ok? I don't think so. He supposed to be one of the top 5 QB's in the league, at least that's what I read all over this board every day. A top 5 QB doesn't play like that with something as big as home field throughout on the line.

So...the defense didnt contribute to the loss?

the 4th and inches the Titans converted for a TD?

3rd and 20, Collins completes a 19 yard pass. Later in the drive they score.

yea....its not the defense fault...:coffee:

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM

130 passes without an int. thats pretty good, if thats inconsistent, then I dont know what to say.

And also. Ben was 130 for 217, 1511 yards 7 TD's 3 ints. in the past 6 games. That is consistant, not inconsistant.

Steel12
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM

3 of their TDs came off of turnovers...who was responsible for the turnovers?

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:25 AM

Hey...I didn't say that the defense played lights out. But how many points did Ben give up? 14 by my count plus what kind of field position did he put them in on other turnovers? Change your name to flamingo so keeping your head buried in the sand isn't questioned...... Once again Ben gets a pass:coffee:

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
He supposed to be one of the top 5 QB's in the league, at least that's what I read all over this board every day. A top 5 QB doesn't play like that with something as big as home field throughout on the line.

Your mancrush looked great against the Squawks with a playoff spot on the line yesterday, by the way.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Your mancrush looked great against the Squawks with a playoff spot on the line yesterday, by the way.

I thought you weren't gonna respond to my posts and I wasn't to yours? Isn't that what you PM'd me? And if you wanna compare, Ben is supposedly better than Favre. Again, that's what you all say. But he's 40 yrs old and most certainly on the downside of his career. And yet he either outplays or plays as well as Ben. What's the matter honey, did you sit on one of your pocket protectors this morning?

MACH1
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey...I didn't say that the defense played lights out. But how many points did Ben give up? 14 by my count plus what kind of field position did he put them in on other turnovers? Change your name to flamingo so keeping your head buried in the sand isn't questioned...... Once again Ben gets a pass:coffee:

:yawn: :yawn:

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I thought you weren't gonna respond to my posts and I wasn't to yours? Isn't that what you PM'd me? And if you wanna compare, Ben is supposedly better than Favre. Again, that's what you all say. But he's 40 yrs old and most certainly on the downside of his career. And yet he either outplays or plays as well as Ben. What's the matter honey, did you sit on one of your pocket protectors this morning?

I didn't PM you with anything. I'm sorry you can't handle the truth.

OneForTheToe
12-22-2008, 10:37 AM

Well, if nothing else at least we know Favre can get laid if things dry up for him.:sissies:

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I didn't PM you with anything. I'm sorry you can't handle the truth.

you did....but what should I expect. You have no class and most of all no honor. I still have it so anyone who would like to see what a fraud you are can pm me and I'll give em' my log on and password. They'll see what a poser you are. And BTW, it was nice seeing Schaub play a real game against the Titans. He's been nothing but a back up for most of his career, LOL!!!

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
This is a stupid post.

Ben is the man, I wouldn't want anyone else in his spot. There is not one single QB that can do what Ben does to get out of sticky situations.

There is not ONE QB I would take over BIg Ben. He is the heart and soul of our Steelers, don't be a fair weather fan.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM

so...this number 1 defense couldnt hold the titans offense on a 3rd and 20? and yet...they get a pass? please...

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
you did....but what should I expect. You have no class and most of all no honor. I still have it so anyone who would like to see what a fraud you are can pm me and I'll give em' my log on and password. They'll see what a poser you are. And BTW, it was nice seeing Schaub play a real game against the Titans. He's been nothing but a back up for most of his career, LOL!!!

There's a difference between "rep comments" and "PMs" genius.

T.Richardson
3 of their TDs came off of turnovers...who was responsible for the turnovers?

or the number 1 defense could have held them to field goals? that could have had helped out the offense?

LambertIsGod58
:coffee:16 TDs and 21 turnovers on the season.....yeah, I'm happy that he's leading the team into the playoffs.

MACH1
12-22-2008, 10:42 AM
so...this number 1 defense couldnt hold the titans offense on a 3rd and 20? and yet...they get a pass? please...

Didn't ya know it's all Ben and Willies fault. They Suck. :rolleyes:

:yawn: :yawn:

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:44 AM
There's a difference between "rep comments" and "PMs" genius.

regardless of whether or not I live on here 24/7 like you, you still came up with the idea of not responding to each other's posts. Glad to see your word means something:coffee:

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 10:45 AM
:coffee:16 TDs and 21 turnovers on the season.....yeah, I'm happy that he's leading the team into the playoffs.

19 total Tds...

I'd rather have Ben instead of someone who you say is much better than ben. that guy lost to a 3-11 team, and threw two horrible picks, and when I mean horrible I mean off balance.

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 10:46 AM
:yawn:

Steel12
12-22-2008, 10:47 AM
or the number 1 defense could have held them to field goals? that could have had helped out the offense?

Are you serious? How many games has the D helped the Offense? You sound stupid!

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:48 AM
BTW, Favre outplayed Ben vs Tennessee. Check out the numbers.......but Ben is in his prime, he shouldn't be expected to play better than a 40yr old never was.:coffee:

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 10:49 AM

and they couldnt do it again? how about defense wins championship?

MACH1
12-22-2008, 10:49 AM

http://www.wfmu.org/MACrec/images/mtbox.jpg

Isn't that horse dead yet. :yawn:

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 10:50 AM
You sound stupid!

And saying with certainty that Ben is gonna choke the SB away for sure makes YOU sound stupid.

lilyoder6
12-22-2008, 10:50 AM
:popcorn:

ben did not lose this game... the last int and td is hosh wash....

but the def did not play up to there ability like they have been all yr....

it could be is that this team is burnt out after the stretch of games they have played...

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 10:51 AM
BTW, Favre outplayed Ben vs Tennessee. Check out the numbers.......but Ben is in his prime, he shouldn't be expected to play better than a 40yr old never was.:coffee:

and yet...he is inconsistant. he lost to the raiders, seahawks, 49ers...I'd take Ben over that.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:51 AM
http://www.wfmu.org/MACrec/images/mtbox.jpg

Isn't that horse dead yet. :yawn:

ask your buddy Gary, he brought Favre up in this.....I didn't. :coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:52 AM

RIght here MACH....

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 10:53 AM

Chargers, Dallas, Ravens, NE, Philly (offense still couldn't get out of their own way), Cincy, Cleveland, Washington...is that enough games where the D showed up?

Steel12
12-22-2008, 10:54 AM
and they couldnt do it again? how about defense wins championship?

wow...you really need to logoff. We are the #1 defense in the league and the 24th offense in the league...which one isn't doing their part?

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 10:55 AM
RIght here MACH....

actually I brought it up genius.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Chargers, Dallas, Ravens, NE, Philly (offense still couldn't get out of their own way), Cincy, Cleveland, Washington...is that enough games where the D showed up?

WARDen, you got it all wrong man.....Ben won those games.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 10:56 AM
wow...you really need to logoff. We are the #1 defense in the league and the 24th offense in the league...which one isn't doing their part?

the running game. 24th in the league. the Steelers are near the middle of the pack in terms of passing (19th). try again.

Steel12
12-22-2008, 10:57 AM
And saying with certainty that Ben is gonna choke the SB away for sure makes YOU sound stupid.

I wasn't sayin that withcertainty...that was a what if question, guess I shoulda put it that way for people like you. Either way, he's not consistent and if we want to win another SB he has to do better.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 10:57 AM
WARDen, you got it all wrong man.....Ben won those games.

actually someone had to lead them down the field against the Chargers, Cowboys, and Ravens.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:58 AM
actually I brought it up genius.

yeah, and you look like a retard for it. Especially when Favre outplayed Ben vs Tenneessee on the road. But we both know Ben did everything he could yesterday. It's everybody but Ben. More turnovers than TD's this season. And yet he wins more games for us than anyone else. He is magic!:coffee:

Steel12
the running game. 24th in the league. the Steelers are near the middle of the pack in terms of passing (19th). try again.

ooooooohhhhhhhhhh...19th...that's much better. All I know is that the offense needs to do better and it starts with the highest paid qb in the league!!!

T.Richardson
I wasn't sayin that withcertainty...that was a what if question, guess I shoulda put it that way for people like you. Either way, he's not consistent and if we want to win another SB he has to do better.

:blah:

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:59 AM
actually someone had to lead them down the field against the Chargers, Cowboys, and Ravens.

I though Deshea Townsend led them down the field pretty good!

Steel12
12-22-2008, 10:59 AM
yeah, and you look like a retard for it. Especially when Favre outplayed Ben vs Tenneessee on the road. But we both know Ben did everything he could yesterday. It's everybody but Ben. More turnovers than TD's this season. And yet he wins more games for us than anyone else. He is magic!:coffee:

lol

stlrtruck
12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Ok, let's see if we can officially kill this thread:

1) Our defense in the course of the last 6 weeks has either won our games or put our offense in great position to win the games.

2) Our offense is not the greatest. Hell it's not even mediocre this year.

3) Players and coaches are to blame.

4) Yesterday was an off game for our defense and a below average game for offense (although they did score more than 10 points).

5) WE WON THE AFC NORTH

6) WE ARE THE #2 SEEED IN THE AFC

7) LET'S ENJOY THE LAST WEEK OF THE SEASON.

8) LET'S ENJOY THE BYE WEEK, GET PLAYERS HEALTHY

9) KICK ARSE

10) GO BACK TO TENNESSE TO PROVE THAT YESTERDAY WAS A FLUKE!

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 11:00 AM

Actually, you're wrong. Ben can continue to play like sh*t and we can still win the SB. I think prior history would dictate that. RE: SB XL

Steel12
12-22-2008, 11:01 AM
:blah:

Seriously, what are you :blah:'n about? How can people not see that Ben is the person who's going to make or break us? He's not consistent and that means the offense isn't consistent.

T.Richardson

yet...he loses to the worst teams in the NFL (Raiders, Seahawks, 49ers) I'd rather have Ben lose to good teams rather than the bottom of the pile teams.

LambertIsGod58
Ok, let's see if we can officially kill this thread:

1) Our defense in the course of the last 6 weeks has either won our games or put our offense in great position to win the games.

2) Our offense is not the greatest. Hell it's not even mediocre this year.

3) Players and coaches are to blame.

4) Yesterday was an off game for our defense and a below average game for offense (although they did score more than 10 points).

5) WE WON THE AFC NORTH

6) WE ARE THE #2 SEEED IN THE AFC

7) LET'S ENJOY THE LAST WEEK OF THE SEASON.

8) LET'S ENJOY THE BYE WEEK, GET PLAYERS HEALTHY

9) KICK ARSE

10) GO BACK TO TENNESSE TO PROVE THAT YESTERDAY WAS A FLUKE!

I don't see anywhere that we need a QB that doesn't turn the ball over more than help put points on the board. That may fall into the top 5.:coffee:

Steel12
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Actually, you're wrong. Ben can continue to play like sh*t and we can still win the SB. I think prior history would dictate that. RE: SB XL

Well he did get us there that year. He played great until the final game so I can't hate on him too much for that.

T.Richardson
Seriously, what are you :blah:'n about? How can people not see that Ben is the person who's going to make or break us? He's not consistent and that means the offense isn't consistent.

Ben was 130 for 217, 1511 yards 7 TD's 3 ints. in the past 6 games. That is consistant, not inconsistant

LambertIsGod58
yet...he loses to the worst teams in the NFL (Raiders, Seahawks, 49ers) I'd rather have Ben lose to good teams rather than the bottom of the pile teams.

I'll be the first to say that Favre is wicked inconsistent. But when you compare the numbers this season, I don't see Favre any worse than Ben. In reality, he's better. And again, you're comparing him to a broken down 40yd old QB with a new team. I'm glad you set your standards so high for a franchise QB.

plenewken
12-22-2008, 11:04 AM

I'll try. Between #1 Defense and something like #20 Offense, there's definitely a gap ..... and a big problem. It's not only that the Defense played great, it's also that they scored points that the Offense couldn't put on the board, Ben included.
I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Ben, sorry to say it but it's a fact. I don't see the reactivity and mobility he had a few years ago and I don't see the nice spirals on the numbers he used to throw either.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't see anywhere that we need a QB that doesn't turn the ball over more than help put points on the board. That may fall into the top 5.:coffee:

i dont see a consistant running game, a consistant o-line to complement the QB, and RB, that may fall into the top 5. :coffee:

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 11:06 AM
I'll be the first to say that Favre is wicked inconsistent. But when you compare the numbers this season, I don't see Favre any worse than Ben. In reality, he's better. And again, you're comparing him to a broken down 40yd old QB with a new team. I'm glad you set your standards so high for a franchise QB.

ok. then lets do Jay Cutler a pro bowler...oh right, he couldnt win a game to clinch a playoff spot like Ben did.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 11:08 AM
I'll try. Between #1 Defense and something like #20 Offense, there's definitely a gap ..... and a big problem. It's not only that the Defense played great, it's also that they scored points that the Offense couldn't put on the board, Ben included.
I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Ben, sorry to say it but it's a fact. I don't see the reactivity and mobility he had a few years ago and I don't see the nice spirals on the numbers he used to throw either.

he has been injured/hurt since week 1. that would contribute for his problems on offense.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Ben was 130 for 217, 1511 yards 7 TD's 3 ints. in the past 6 games. That is consistant, not inconsistant

To tell the whole truth, 7 TDs and & 7 TURNOVERS. And sacked 18 times. That's consistently mediocre IMO.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 11:11 AM
To tell the whole truth, 7 TDs and & 7 TURNOVERS. And sacked 18 times. That's consistently mediocre IMO.

oh right... its Bens fault if the lineman get to him. Lets forget about the mediocre o-line.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 11:11 AM
ok. then lets do Jay Cutler a pro bowler...oh right, he couldnt win a game to clinch a playoff spot like Ben did.

Jay Cutler has a bottom dwelling defense there jako. Put Ben on that team and he'd fair no better.

mopit55
12-22-2008, 11:12 AM
willie parker don't run very well this year and big ben is always under pressure so it' s the offensive line the problem.when steelers had marvel smith healthy hartings faneca simmons the running game and passing game was very different. after this season i hope steelers take 2 offensive linemen in draft like duke robinson and alex mack it's possible.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Jay Cutler has a bottom dwelling defense there jako. Put Ben on that team and he'd fair no better.

What I saw is the last minute of the game, and a chance to tie, and Culter couldnt thread the needle. Ben did.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 11:13 AM
oh right... its Bens fault if the lineman get to him. Lets forget about the mediocre o-line.

you blame everyone but Ben.....I'm in the minority and I know that. But it doesn't make him any better than he really is.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 11:16 AM
you blame everyone but Ben.....I'm in the minority.

I blamed Ben for his games against the Giants, and Colts. 7 total ints.

Most of the time it isnt Bens fault, everyone has to do there job. the o-line didnt, parker didnt. thats why i dont put most of the blame on ben.