PDA

View Full Version : Before you say the Defense sucked... read this

Hapa
12-21-2008, 03:13 PM
The Titans have an awesome offense. We have an awesome defense.

Unfortunately, they won out today. That's all there is to it.

Stop saying our defense sucked and give them some credit

Fire Haley
12-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Defense sucked!

steelreserve
12-21-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't think the defense sucked. They did OK .. not great, but they still gave us a shot at winning. Our problem was turning the damn ball over so much.

pepsyman1
12-21-2008, 03:22 PM
The defense didn't suck....it was frustrating watching them give up a 19 yard pass on a 3rd and twenty because they played so soft, but mostly they were up against an incredible offensive line. At the end of the game our guys just looked tired. We need our O-line to beat people up like that.

steveironcity
12-21-2008, 03:23 PM
When our D plays at 50 percent, it is still beter than 50 percent of all defenses in the league

Hapa
12-21-2008, 03:28 PM
The Titans have such an awesome O-Line.

Fire Haley
12-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I was just joking, it was Ben that sucked.

black_and_gold_4_ever
12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
they didn't suck but when it came down to it they let to touchdowns in one should have been a stop the other a field goal

dcsteel5804
12-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Too many turnovers. In the 5 game win streak, Ben only turned it over like, once(via a pick). 4 Fumbles and a 2 picks is too much for even a great defense to overcome

GridironWarrior
12-21-2008, 06:36 PM
This game reminded me of the 04 giants game when the D was off it's game but the O pulled it out. Sadly this O is light year's behind that O and couldn't help the team.

stillers4me
12-21-2008, 06:37 PM
I didn't see the urgency in the defenses today.

CanadianSteel
12-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Do you think they were playing a bit Vanilla with the blitz schemes knowing they might have to face these bums again ??

Titanic
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Do you think they were playing a bit Vanilla with the blitz schemes knowing they might have to face these bums again ??

I think you probably didn't blitz a lot because you were worried about CJ hitting a gap and taking it to the house. Lebeau probably didn't think the Titans could drive the length of the field enough times to score many points.

chucoblack&gold
12-21-2008, 08:11 PM
It was only a matter of time before our D tired out. They have pulled our asses out of a jam all season!! Maybe this will get the entire offfenses heads out of their asses and have them step it up.:mad:

Our D still KICKS ASS!!! That 2 headed monster (smash & dash) were still held under 100 yds individually!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!:tt03::drink:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Didn't suck, but definitely didn't play like we are used to. Seeing them give up a 3rd and 20, and two late 4th down conversions was very upsetting. That being said the offense sucked it up too. Overall the whole team didn't look as sharp as it had these last few games...

BenIsSuperman7
12-21-2008, 11:24 PM
I think with the way this defense has been playing all year we've gotten a little spoiled. That being said, our defense didn't play the way they are capable of playing. I think this could be a good thing for us though, maybe its a wake up call. They had to be tired after the brutal stretch of games we've gone though. LeBeau will make some adjustments and the D will be back in top form come playoff time. No Worries.

Polamalu43
12-21-2008, 11:50 PM
The Titans have an awesome offense. We have an awesome defense.

Unfortunately, they won out today. That's all there is to it.

Stop saying our defense sucked and give them some credit

Dude you actually think the titans have an awesome offense?? cause i don't, really. there running game is good but that's were it stops. Collins is a 1 year wonder, he sucks and always has, all of a sudden in 1 year everybody thinks hes the best thing to slice bread? please i don't buy that BS.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-22-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't think the Titans have an awesome offense. I think that Collins saw that he was getting some weak coverage and took advantadge of it, he's a very smart football player.

Individually, we shut down Smash and Dash. Their two TD's came in the redzone, it's not like they ripped us up like we were the Lions.

Here is the way I am looking at this:

We were bound to have another bad game. I'd rather it come now than in the Playoffs or worse, the Super Bowl a la the 2007 Patriots.

I just hope that they got it all out of their system and are ready to go back to the way they were playing before this game...and hopefully the offense shows some urgency to score before the fourth quarter.

markymarc
12-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Sorry but I saw a very lame effort both offensively and defensively today.