PDA

View Full Version : Glass Half Full...Empty? I think it's Half Full

BlastFurnace
12-21-2008, 04:14 PM
We all would have taken 11-4...First Round Bye...if offered this before the season began.

This team has answered the bell all year. We won the game we absolutely had to have last week. Home Field Advantage would have been nice, but...as we have seen in very recent history...it's not everything. Tennessee still has to win in order to keep it.

I don't think we gave them our best shot...but I think they gave us theirs.

We have a scrimmage next week, 2 weeks off to get rested and healthy, another team that cursed themselves by stomping on the Towell, and a does of humble pie to motivate us over the next 3 weeks.

ITS ON!

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
We all would have taken 11-4...First Round Bye...if offered this before the season began.

This team has answered the bell all year. We won the game we absolutely had to have last week. Home Field Advantage would have been nice, but...as we have seen in very recent history...it's not everything. Tennessee still has to win in order to keep it.

We have a scrimmage next week, 2 weeks off to get rested and healthy, another team that cursed themselves by stomping on the Towell, and a does of humble pie to motivate us over the next 3 weeks.

ITS ON!

Well said. Nice to see some optimism for a change after a loss.:applaudit:

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2008, 04:17 PM
My glass is Full.

I don't fear the playoffs like some people obviously do.

I wonder if some people just have fear of Success.

The Duke
12-21-2008, 04:17 PM
A positive thread?

Get outta here!!!! :chuckle:

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 04:20 PM
To be honest, the most important thing to me was getting out of the building with everyone healthy, win or lose, which unfortunately did not happen with Clark going down. The starters will get minimal work next week, get through the bye and get ready to go on January 10 or 11. And let's just hope that Clark's injury isn't too serious.

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 04:22 PM
with the majority of the steelerfans, they will see it as half empty, especially after being atop the power ranking for a week, and now seeing the team drop down to 5th or 6th.

we are damn LUCKY. we are tied with the colts (and would lose a head-to-head tiebreaker, yet we get the 2 seed and they are stuck with the #5.

i'll take it!

BlastFurnace
12-21-2008, 04:25 PM
You should see all the bridge jumpers out here in Dallas. Talk about a bad smell around a city.

meelanova
12-21-2008, 04:29 PM
A positive thread?

My thoughts exactly. I thought the thread title was a typo

Jaquila
12-21-2008, 04:36 PM
ahh i was thinkin about starting one too=)
Im not angry with the loss today even though every lost game hurts!
the team looked tired and kinda banged up after 5 weeks of "play-offs" games against the best teams in the league.
The Titans came with all they had. We did not, so im very optimistic about meeting them again in the play-offs(if it happens of course).
The glass is definately half full!

XxKnightxX
12-21-2008, 04:37 PM
My glass is 3/4 full because this game did not take that much out of me. its not the end of the world and seeing Lendale Fatso stomp on the towel got me so angry that the people around my house got scared of me since Im not an angry guy, I hope this guy has his profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering head blown off next week or whenever. Anyway besides that I find that game as a wake up call to The O line, to Ben, and to the lackluster defenseive effort which we will never know if they gameplanned seriously for it or they just wanted to show a vanilla defense. I seriously hope in these two other weeks that Arians and Ben get their shiit together and Coach Z to come up with some god damn good blocking schemes along with the O line hitting that weight room because we can go against the 32nd ranked rush defense and not get 55 yards because of that blocking.

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Always good to have another positive person on the board :tt03:

You're right. Seems we are out numbered lately.:tt02:

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 04:38 PM
A positive thread?

haha! i thought the same thing.

i love positivity surrounding our team. i can get behind that.

as for the Towel...i'm waiting for LenDale White to pop up in the Tennesee river with one wrapped around his neck! haha!

for real, that was SO disrespectful. it's like dumping on Cope's grave and legacy. i don't get behind that at all.

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 04:40 PM
haha! i thought the same thing.

i love positivity surrounding our team. i can get behind that.

as for the Towel...i'm waiting for LenDale White to pop up in the Tennesee river with one wrapped around his neck! haha!

for real, that was SO disrespectful. it's like dumping on Cope's grave and legacy. i don't get behind that at all.

Just ask Cincy what happens to your QB when you do that shit.

brick
12-21-2008, 04:50 PM
yea my main concern was the players getting out of the game healthy, i was really nervous when harrison came off, but he went back in. i'm still nevous about clark though. number 1 or number 2 seed doesn't matter too much to me, in the playoffs anything can happen.

PalmerSteel
12-21-2008, 04:53 PM
mine is half full. if someone told me at beginning of year, we would have the #2 seed locked up in 14 games, i wouldnt have believed it. i still think we are the team to beat, if everyone stays healthy!

steelpride12
12-21-2008, 04:58 PM
A positive thread?

Amen to that. I bout had a heart attack to see this thread!:popcorn:

tyler289
12-21-2008, 05:23 PM
This team will be pissed next time we see the Titans.

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 05:24 PM
This team is gonna be pissed no matter they face. They got punked today, and the Steelers don't usually take that standing still.

Texasteel
12-21-2008, 05:30 PM
You should see all the bridge jumpers out here in Dallas. Talk about a bad smell around a city.

Yea, I'm trying to help by pushing them off.

teddy jones
12-21-2008, 05:40 PM
The glass is half full. The Steelers are headed into the playoffs with a bye & we just lost to a better team. Now there's alot of time to disect the film & understand how TN beat us. Thanks to the added motivation & a better gameplan (hopefully) next time, I'm not afraid to see our boys go back to Nashville.

steelreserve
12-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh, the galss is definitely half full -- more like three quarters full, actually. We're in better shape than 90 percent of the teams in the league. But we've got an obvious Achilles' heel, so we'll see if that comes back to bite us. It's pretty much all out there on the table, so nothing to do from here on out but hope for the best, I suppose.

Big D
12-21-2008, 05:48 PM

ITS ON!

to some fans nothing is good enough. We are 11-4 with the toughest schedule in the league. But steelers suck, defense sucks, ben sucks, arians sucks and boy does tomlin suck. I would like to fire 3/4ths of the fans in here. We couldnt be more spoiled. What a bunch of bullshit. That a way to show how faithful you are with this team. Piss off to all you crying kids