PDA

View Full Version : Steelers playing starters??

steelersgurl320
12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
What are the odds of the Steelers playing their starters for the game against the Browns???

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 03:53 PM
not that the game really matters in the grand scheme of things. but with this loss under their belt and they want to play against their old rivals...i think they should start the starters. i mean, that's what i would like to see. =)

besides, Harrison could use a few more sacks and Ward can break a few more records here and there. hehe!

Hapa
12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
zerooooooooo

The Duke
12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Last year most played....

I'd say better wait for Tomlin's word on it

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM
You don't really need to.

I'm sure with even the backups in, you guys will something like..31-3.

steelersgurl320
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
It's my first game at Heinz field and I just don't want to go to the game if I'm going to see Leftwich on the field. HAHA.

If that's the case, then I'm better off just going to a Playoff game.

:tt02: :banging:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-21-2008, 04:17 PM
It's my first game at Heinz field and I just don't want to go to the game if I'm going to see Leftwich on the field. HAHA.

At least you'll see a win. :noidea:

Godfather
12-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Starters need to play at least part of the game. They have a bye week and I don't want to go into the first playoff game with them being rusty.

steelersfanman92
12-21-2008, 04:45 PM
They dhould take it like one of the last preseason games, play the starters for a half or so then get them out of there

T.Richardson
12-21-2008, 04:46 PM
3 Quarters.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 05:00 PM
3 Quarters.

3 quarters...IF they have the lead.

if Lefty can't do it...put in the Kickin' Dixon to run a few laps around the Brownies. =)

realdeal
12-21-2008, 09:37 PM
You do not want to go into the playoffs losing 2 in a row!

GodofGridiron
12-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Id limit them............Im really worried about the loss of Ryan Clark. The last thing.........and mean the absolutely last thing i wanted to see was a Tom Carter sighting in the playoffs. I remember last year vs the Jaguars.........i remember it well and im not fond of the memories.

CanadianSteel
12-21-2008, 11:01 PM
With the tough schedule we have had, specially recemtly I am all for resting the starters if Tomlin feels thats best. IMO its not worthn the risk and i do not want to see Troy or Aaron Smith or Ben or hines hobled by an injury when there is just no need... You play to win teh game, but you can do that without key starters as well...

augustashark
12-21-2008, 11:07 PM
I would like to see the O play the whole game. They could use the practice. However, you never want to lose anyone to an injury in a meaningless game. Error on the side of caution.

steel9guy
12-21-2008, 11:08 PM

Same here I'm going to my first Steelers game this week and I really want to see Roethlisberger even if it is for a couple drives.

eafratitpm3
12-21-2008, 11:55 PM
IMO it really doesn't matter if they play or not. This season has been a year of comebacks and inconsistent play by our O. With the exception of this game it has been the defense that has us where we are. As a Steeler fan for years and years I can predict one thing, no matter who the Steelers play in the playoffs they will let them hang around the whole game and it will come down to the last minute possibly second. That is a fact of Steeler history!!!!!!!! GO Steelers. I can also predict that if our D plays like they did today it doesn't matter who we face it will be embarassing to say the least!

Polamalu43
12-21-2008, 11:57 PM
What are the odds of the Steelers playing their starters for the game against the Browns???

The steelers, will rest most of there starters against the clowns.

eafratitpm3
12-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I think they rested enough this week, lol..

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I think the starters get a quarter and then you will see some backups. Leftwich might even get the start. Its really a nothing game except the farewell to Romeo and Phil savage game.

Fire Haley
12-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Ben got hurt - Harrison got hurt - Clark got hurt = worst possible outcome for this time of year.

That's a good way to ruin the season right there.

Sit them all - start the 3rd stringers.

I really don't care about the Browns game, we need to be 100% healthy

Roethlisberger, Harrison banged up

Two of the Steelers' marquee players were banged up in a 31-14 loss Sunday to the Tennessee Titans.

And neither quarterback Ben Roethlisberger nor outside linebacker James Harrison apparently would object if coach Mike Tomlin has them sit out the Steelers' regular-season finale next Sunday against the Browns.

When asked if he'd prefer to rest instead of play against the Browns, Harrison said: "It's really not that meaningful of a game, and the way I'm feeling right now? Yeah."

Harrison hurt his hip in the first quarter after diving while trying to tackle Titans running back Chris Johnson. He left the game briefly and returned after getting evaluated in the Steelers' locker room.

Roethlisberger left the visiting locker room at LP Stadium with his right ankle packed in ice. In addition to that, he had been slow getting up in the first quarter after taking a shot to the back on a David Thornton hit, which caused a fumble at the Titans' 1.

Roethlisberger said he could use an extra week of rest. "But," he added, "I want to get out there and get some snaps and see. That is Coach's call."

• Free safety Ryan Clark is another candidate to watch the Steelers' final regular season game. The right shoulder that Clark separated earlier this season popped out as he made a tackle on 240-pound running back LenDale White late in Sunday's game. He had his shoulder X-rayed and left the Steelers' locker room following the game with his right arm in a sling.

Clark, who missed a game at the beginning of November because of a bad shoulder, said he will be fine.

"That's not going to stop me from hitting (White) in the face the next time we play them," Clark said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=9

missedgehead
12-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Well, we rested the starters, like Ben last year, when Ben once again, had a bad ankle in the last game of the year, and we saw what happened and we now have a bye too. If Ben can play, even a quarter, I would rather have that. I don't want a rusty Ben in the playoffs.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 08:19 AM

On defense? No one plays, they've earned the rest and the Steelers will need them to be 100% in January to have a chance.

On offense? Everyone plays until they figure it out. If that takes all game then so be it. It was embarassing yesterday to watch them get owned by backups.

FacemeIke
12-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Id limit them............Im really worried about the loss of Ryan Clark. The last thing.........and mean the absolutely last thing i wanted to see was a Tom Carter sighting in the playoffs. I remember last year vs the Jaguars.........i remember it well and im not fond of the memories.

It's Tyrone Carter, and I've always liked him. He's a hard hitter and I love that out of a safety. But I think the starters should play the first half. That should keep them from being rusty after the week lay off.

shevdog
12-22-2008, 09:37 AM
This game against the stains is a scrimmage game. I say play the starters for a most of the first half, then rest the starting line. Not to be hating (ok to be hating), but we can beat the Clowns with our third string. Second string even more so. Not that a win matters, yet we'll get the win for the sake off it. Even though the Browns suck, I still hate them more than any team, just as much as I do the Baltimore Browns.

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 10:02 AM
I expect to see the offense play for a half and most of the defense for about 3 quarters. The score will have some impact, though.

We need to get our offense back in synch, so there's no way we don't play everyone for at least a half.

zsheik22
12-22-2008, 10:06 AM

I went to the brownies game in 2007. First row behind the browns bench on about the 45-50 (amazing seats). Honestly it was one of the best games of the season. It was a very very close game with us being down.....but EVERYONE in that stadium knew that the steelers would come back.

Watching the guy next to us make Joe Jurevicious snap the hell out was amazing, haha. Derek Anderson came over and grabbed his nuts at us too. When you're taunting them, you really see how human these superstars are :D