PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Steelers.

Livinginthe past
12-18-2005, 07:23 AM
I will be rooting for the Steelers today in their quest for the playoffs.

Of course, it seems like you have already started them in Steeler land - we are in 'one loss and your out' territory here.

The Vikes will prove to be paper tigers I am sure - even when they had a good team, in form, they always found a way to lose when it counted the most (last years loss to the Cards on the last day)

I have three reasons for wanting the Steelers to win, two of which are selfish.

1. If the Steelers dont make it to the playoffs it wont seem right being on this forum talking about the Pats.

2. If the Steelers do make it they are very capable of upsetting some of the more 'fashionable' teams - this could well result in the Pats getting a home game for the AFCCG...against YOU GUYS...how amazing would that be?

3. The playoffs just wont SEEM RIGHT without the Steelers - they bring something different to the table that no other team does - a style of play we dont see much of anymore with the advent of domes and carpets.

So Steeler fans...best of luck today....and maybe we'll see you at Foxboro :cheers:

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-18-2005, 08:31 AM
I would love to see you guys again in the playoffs. As things stand now we would have to beat both the Bungles, and the Colts,and if we accomplish that, that means we are playing Steeler football. And if thats the case you may as well punch our ticket to Detroit!

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Very cool of you LITP. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way as well. Maybe we could possibly be celebrating on your field if everything goes well. :grin:

clevestinks
12-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Its funny how just a couple months ago we were all talking about when the Steelers and Pats meet again in the playoffs. Now we are talking IF. The Pats struggled with some injuries, but really seemed to have pulled it together. Then we struggled with Ben being injured, but we thought that we would be alright until he got back. Tommy we all thought would be a great back up. WRONG. Now we are fighting fo our lives.

Go Steelers!

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 09:20 AM
I think Matt brought it up in another thread. Either last night or the night before Jerome Bettis was on the NFL Network saying coming off 15-1 we weren't playing our best football. Maybe this year if we make it we'll be playing our best football. Something like that.

clevestinks
12-18-2005, 09:23 AM
I think Matt brought it up in another thread. Either last night or the night before Jerome Bettis was on the NFL Network saying coming off 15-1 we weren't playing our best football. Maybe this year if we make it we'll be playing our best football. Something like that.
We`ll really find out today. If we come up with a win today, then maybe we did start our roll last week. With a loss, last weeks game meant nothing. I am nervous today. But anxious also. We Will Win!

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah I'm pretty anxious for the game as well. Just can't wait and I hope our O-line is clicking like last week.

clevestinks
12-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Your right, alot depends on the O-line. And Bens thumb!

I still say. We Win!

Sharkissle29
12-18-2005, 11:11 AM
i know what you mean, as much as i wanted the pats out of the playoffs....the year they didnt make it, it sucked. no one to root against ;). its kinda like hoping the yankees dont make the playoffs for baseball, once they dont make it your happy, but now their is no point of watching the playoffs....:bouncy:

Koopa
12-19-2005, 12:18 AM
hell i still didn't want the pats to make the playoffs, they are to scary in the playoffs, and i hope they are knocked out before we get to the afc championship game. and i'm not talkin shit, i'm just showing respect to the pats abilities and i wouldn't want nothing to do with them in january. anyway i hope this isn't our best football or it might be two and done cause the offense still needs to step up a lot, and the defense needs to stay at this level. i want us to use duce more damn it, f' bettis getting carries, duce gives us the best chance of winning in the playoffs and to get him ready for the playoffs he needs to play these next two weeks so he can get into a good rythm

SteelCityMan786
12-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Appreciate the love LITP. Good Luck To Your Boys In New England. Hopefully a rematch in the Playoffs.

Sharkissle29
12-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Appreciate the love LITP. Good Luck To Your Boys In New England. Hopefully a rematch in the Playoffs.
i do not want to see the patriots. they own us in the playoffs.

SteelCityMan786
12-19-2005, 05:14 PM
i do not want to see the patriots. they own us in the playoffs.

This time it would be in Foxboro. They pretty much kill us at home.

clevestinks
12-19-2005, 05:15 PM
I`ll take any team on. Just get us in the post season!

Sharkissle29
12-20-2005, 12:24 AM
This time it would be in Foxboro. They pretty much kill us at home.
maybe you just want to be away in the pats vs. steelers playoff games. some karma coming their way? i sure hope so. but we gotta get there first...

Koopa
12-20-2005, 12:46 AM
before we can even think about the pats, we first gotta get past the colts.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2005, 12:49 AM
All I can say is like I said before..

2 best teams in the AFC from 2004 are getting HOT at the right time in 2005... :tt: I wouldnt wanna play the Steelers or the Pats in the postseason if Im another team.

Steel - X
12-20-2005, 09:01 AM
What is Tbrady's playoff record? Yuck!

clevestinks
12-20-2005, 09:33 AM
I think he is 9-0 in the playoffs! They didn`t make the playoffs the one year in between the 1st and 2nd ring

SteelCityMan786
12-20-2005, 04:55 PM
All Streaks are made to be broken Cleve. but 1st we need to get their.

Koopa
12-20-2005, 05:03 PM
hopefully that streak is broken before we make it there. the pats are very scary in the playoffs, and if we met them in the afc championship i'd be shitting bricks all week. the only team that will blow out the pats is the colts cause of their style, our style keeps them in the game and that's not good with that bastard brady

Livinginthe past
12-20-2005, 06:35 PM
hopefully that streak is broken before we make it there. the pats are very scary in the playoffs, and if we met them in the afc championship i'd be shitting bricks all week. the only team that will blow out the pats is the colts cause of their style, our style keeps them in the game and that's not good with that bastard brady

You could argue that neither style has been particularly effective against the Pats - against the Steelers we take away the run, against the Colts we take away Mannings easy reads of our Defensive backfield.

Maybe I am biased, but the Colts win against us earlier in the season wont be that relevant come the playoffs should we meet - our D has stepped it up a few notches since then and we are creating pressure on the opposition QB on a regular basis.

In the regular season blow out I think we got pressure on Manning once....and he threw a pick - that will be our recipe for success again if we get there.

NM

Sharkissle29
12-21-2005, 01:23 PM
You could argue that neither style has been particularly effective against the Pats - against the Steelers we take away the run, against the Colts we take away Mannings easy reads of our Defensive backfield.

Maybe I am biased, but the Colts win against us earlier in the season wont be that relevant come the playoffs should we meet - our D has stepped it up a few notches since then and we are creating pressure on the opposition QB on a regular basis.

In the regular season blow out I think we got pressure on Manning once....and he threw a pick - that will be our recipe for success again if we get there.

NM
i've noticed as long as you get pressure on a qb, they're nothing. i noticed this with brady along with peyton. last year in the reg season we got pressue on brady, he looked so confused and was moving his feet like someone with a gun was playing the game 'dance.' pressure=victory (even with a preo bowl qb)

Livinginthe past
12-21-2005, 04:18 PM
i've noticed as long as you get pressure on a qb, they're nothing. i noticed this with brady along with peyton. last year in the reg season we got pressue on brady, he looked so confused and was moving his feet like someone with a gun was playing the game 'dance.' pressure=victory (even with a preo bowl qb)

That actually happens to be complete nonsense.

Brady is the best in the NFL at sensing pressure and then moving just far enough from it in order to get his pass off.

Did you not see Brady's pass at the weekend when Simeon Rice had a full grip on his helmet - Brady STILL completed a 27 yard pass right on the money.

Or maybe you think that Brady has the best O-Line in the league?

Manning has had the benefit of excellent protection for the vast majority of his NFL career, how often do you see him getting hit just as he throws?

I bet its not often because I can tell you - this episode against San Diego at the weekend was typical of what he does on the RARE OCCASION when the heat is on.

Maybe you think quoting one game of your choice is enough evidence to prove your 'theory' ...I do not.

NM

Sharkissle29
12-21-2005, 04:25 PM
That actually happens to be complete nonsense.

Brady is the best in the NFL at sensing pressure and then moving just far enough from it in order to get his pass off.

Did you not see Brady's pass at the weekend when Simeon Rice had a full grip on his helmet - Brady STILL completed a 27 yard pass right on the money.

Or maybe you think that Brady has the best O-Line in the league?

Manning has had the benefit of excellent protection for the vast majority of his NFL career, how often do you see him getting hit just as he throws?

I bet its not often because I can tell you - this episode against San Diego at the weekend was typical of what he does on the RARE OCCASION when the heat is on.

Maybe you think quoting one game of your choice is enough evidence to prove your 'theory' ...I do not.

NM
well the only patsies games i watch are against the steelers....the games we lost we couldnt get pressue, the game we won we did. thats all i based it on

Livinginthe past
12-21-2005, 04:31 PM
well the only patsies games i watch are against the steelers....the games we lost we couldnt get pressue, the game we won we did. thats all i based it on

Right.......well that sample size is way too small to be making assumptions about how Brady and Manning react under pressure.

I have seen plenty of games of both QB's and Brady deals with pressure alot better than Manning - one factor could be that Manning is just not used to dealing with a pass rush - his O-Line is quite a bit superior to ours.

The Brady 'dancing with guns' game you quoted happened to be one where we managed to run for 5 YARDS all game due to Corey Dillon being out - this meant that the Steelers rushed Brady every time knowing he had to pass.

NM