PDA

View Full Version : How can people blame everyone?

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 05:51 PM
It's Bruce Arian's fault.

My God this guy is the WORST play caller i've ever seen. How he has kept his job this long is a miracle. Week after week Dick L and the D saves his sorry behind, but it didnt happen today. The offense couldnt stay on the damn field and it really hurt the defense bad.

Sure Big Ben played like crap too, but look at what he had to freaking work with. Good Christ, does anyone else notice just how bad Arians actually is? I'm thinking of walking up to Tomlin and handing him my application for OC with 0 experience....anything has to be better than Arians.

Willie Parker? He didnt do well either. Guess what? Who's job is it to recognize he's not playing well and put someone else is? He's just doing what the hell he's told to do. Not his fault either.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 05:53 PM
They're all equally responsible. Arians could have called better plays at times, BUT THE PLAYERS DIDN'T EXECUTE.

Big D
12-21-2008, 05:54 PM

My God this guy is the WORST play caller i've ever seen. How he has kept his job this long is a miracle. Week after week Dick L and the D saves his sorry behind, but it didnt happen today. The offense couldnt stay on the damn field and it really hurt the defense bad.

Sure Big Ben played like crap too, but look at what he had to freaking work with. Good Christ, does anyone else notice just how bad Arians actually is? I'm thinking of walking up to Tomlin and handing him my application for OC with 0 experience....anything has to be better than Arians.

Willie Parker? He didnt do well either. Guess what? Who's job is it to recognize he's not playing well and put someone else is? He's just doing what the hell he's told to do. Not his fault either.

See I dont know if it's ben, willie or the offensive line. It just looks like arians schemes are terrible. We sure as hell shouldn't be in the bottom quarter in the league in offense. Please please rooneys.. with my madden expierence i'm confident I can call better plays with my cell phone in one hand and a beer in the other. I"m available... call me

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 05:56 PM
brb, running another delayed draw

They should erase that play from the playbook permanently. Has it worked at all this season?

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 05:57 PM
They're all equally responsible. Arians could have called better plays at times, BUT THE PLAYERS DIDN'T EXECUTE.

It's hard to execute when they're lined up to stop what you're running. It's his job to know how to counter that. Look at Lebeau... thats why he is so great.

He should know his players limits and know what they can and cant do. He should know that WP couldnt do it up the gut and changed to Moore or ran different plays. If Ben is feeling too much pressure, run some quick slants and such to get the ball out of his hands.

Where is this?!?!?!?! Why do they only want to score when its close to being too late or it is too late? If the pass is working, you take it and you use it until you open up your running game!!

MACH1
12-21-2008, 05:57 PM
See I dont know if it's ben, willie or the offensive line. It just looks like arians schemes are terrible. We sure as hell shouldn't be in the bottom quarter in the league in offense. Please please rooneys.. with my madden expierence i'm confident I can call better plays with my cell phone in one hand and a beer in the other. I"m available... call me

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Arians sits back and calls the plays...but somehow Ben pulls those plays out of his ass whent hey crumble under the line and the intense defense. Ben can pull off some comebacks and miracles from time to time...but there's no accoubting for Arians making calls that Ben has to warp to make them happen.

i'm putting in my vote now... Cowher for Offensive Coordinator. =)

steelreserve
12-21-2008, 05:58 PM

You know, I kind of agree with you both. But it does seem like a common problem in all of our losses has been the players not executing, and once that becomes obvious by the middle of the second quarter, we still keep trying the same damn thing over and over.

Ricco Suavez
12-21-2008, 06:01 PM
brb, running another delayed draw

Funny you say that. Just a few weeks back a delayed draw was the fans choice of the week.

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 06:01 PM
You know, I kind of agree with you both. But it does seem like a common problem in all of our losses has been the players not executing, and once that becomes obvious by the middle of the second quarter, we still keep trying the same damn thing over and over.

Hard to run up the gut with 8 -9 in the damn box and you're using a speed back.

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Funny you say that. Just a few weeks back a delayed draw was the fans choice of the week.

Guess what? We were playing the Ravens last week.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 06:02 PM
It's hard to execute when they're lined up to stop what you're running. It's his job to know how to counter that. Look at Lebeau... thats why he is so great.

He should know his players limits and know what they can and cant do. He should know that WP couldnt do it up the gut and changed to Moore or ran different plays. If Ben is feeling too much pressure, run some quick slants and such to get the ball out of his hands.

Where is this?!?!?!?! Why do they only want to score when its close to being too late or it is too late? If the pass is working, you take it and you use it until you open up your running game!!

So? At the end of the day, it comes down to what the players do.

Ricco Suavez
12-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Now that i have had time to think about it lets do this. Run flea flickers, half-back passes, end around throw back passes to the QB, the statue of liberty, and the old hidden ball trick.

Big D
12-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Now that i have had time to think about it lets do this. Run flea flickers, half-back passes, end around throw back passes to the QB, the statue of liberty, and the old hidden ball trick.

do you have something against the option and the wildcat? Let me pull out the old highschool playbook. We are better off with that then the dr zeus bullshit arians has.

zsheik22
So? At the end of the day, it comes down to what the players do.

Why even have coaches, right? Do I really need to explain the importance of good play calling to you?

I mean, lets hand the ball off to WP every single play up the gut. If we dont win, it's obvioulsy parkers fault for not executing.

Texasteel
They should erase that play from the playbook permanently. Has it worked at all this season?

I'm not a coach, but It seems to me that if there is a blitz, or a heavy pass rush the QB takes the defenders right to the ball carrier. At least it looked like that today.

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 06:05 PM

Why dont we start off with some quick slants, some more passes to heath miller behind the backers, and some Play action passes?

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Why even have coaches, right? Do I really need to explain the importance of good play calling to you?

I mean, lets hand the ball off to WP every single play up the gut. If we dont win, it's obvioulsy parkers fault for not executing.

No, you don't. You do not have to explain it someone who has played Football for 8 going on 9 years.

You do have to have good play calling, but if the players DO NOT Execute, it does NO DIFFERENCE. You can't win without good playing calling/execution. Coach Arians might have called a good play, BUT THE PLAYERS MUST EXECUTE THEM.

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 06:11 PM
No, you don't. You do not have to explain it someone who has played Football for 8 going on 9 years.

You do have to have good play calling, but if the players DO NOT Execute, it does NO DIFFERENCE. You can't win without good playing calling/execution. Coach Arians might have called a good play, BUT THE PLAYERS MUST EXECUTE THEM.

He didn't call good plays. When you call good plays, your players has a better chance of executing those plays. It is really really simple. You dont even need to have ever played football to understand it, it;s amazing!

Am I a broken record or what? As an OC you are supposed to know the strength of your players and where they thrive on the field. It really seems like he's out of touch with EVERYTHING.

Congrats on football for 9 years man, I've been playing for about 15.

Big D
12-21-2008, 06:15 PM

I supposed it was tim couchs lack of execution for why arians got fired in cleveland too right?

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I supposed it was tim couchs lack of execution for why arians got fired in cleveland too right?

The funny thing is this.... If his players aren't executing, maybe he needs to run practice better? No matter what you want to base this on, it's coming back to the OC. The fact his play calling is really this dreadful just makes it so easy to see.

I would be VERY curious to see how a poll would do to see if people think Arians needs to go. To myself and all of the people I watch the games with, it's a painfully obvious choice.

Big D
12-21-2008, 06:21 PM
The funny thing is this.... If his players aren't executing, maybe he needs to run practice better? No matter what you want to base this on, it's coming back to the OC. The fact his play calling is really this dreadful just makes it so easy to see.

I would be VERY curious to see how a poll would do to see if people think Arians needs to go. To myself and all of the people I watch the games with, it's a painfully obvious choice.

he's the worse offensive coordinator we have had here since ray shermon or sherm lewis

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 06:25 PM
he's the worse offensive coordinator we have had here since ray shermon or sherm lewis

HEH. I really just don't get whats so hard for the organization to understand it. I mean we're nobodies and it's plain as day.

Big D
12-21-2008, 06:27 PM
HEH. I really just don't get whats so hard for the organization to understand it. I mean we're nobodies and it's plain as day.

well tomlin did call out arians earlier in the year for sucking. I'm sure the change will be made after the season

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Am I a broken record or what?.

:yep: :iagree:

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 06:29 PM
well tomlin did call out arians earlier in the year for sucking. I'm sure the change will be made after the season

maybe he will give arians another chance and instruct him to play "madden" the whole offseason.

:rolleyes:

Big D
12-21-2008, 06:32 PM
maybe he will give arians another chance and instruct him to play "madden" the whole offseason.

so what do you think the answer is?

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 06:37 PM
He's being a troll.

The guys play calling is dreadful. Bottom line.

This is a business. If you cannot do your job you do not need to be there. While I feel a bit bad calling for the man's head, I certainly wont lose any sleep knowing that he made more in a few seasons than most of us will make in a long time.

stlrz fan
12-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Just get through this season with the big wins problems will be addressed in the off season but right now let's ralley!!!

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 06:46 PM
He didn't call good plays. When you call good plays, your players has a better chance of executing those plays. It is really really simple. You dont even need to have ever played football to understand it, it;s amazing!

Am I a broken record or what? As an OC you are supposed to know the strength of your players and where they thrive on the field. It really seems like he's out of touch with EVERYTHING.

Congrats on football for 9 years man, I've been playing for about 15.

First off thanks, and same to you.

True, you do need good play calling, but it can only take you so far.

At least in the 4 losses with some of these teams, but he doesn't go out execute them, he just calls them.

It probably played a roll in his firing.

SteelCityKing
12-21-2008, 06:47 PM

well, that virtual trainer works like a charm! haha!

Bruce Arians needs to go back and play NFL Quarterback Club. get those basics down. =)

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 06:57 PM
First off thanks, and same to you.

True, you do need good play calling, but it can only take you so far.

At least in the 4 losses with some of these teams, but he doesn't go out execute them, he just calls them.

It probably played a roll in his firing.

Eagles loss... Ben sacked 8 times and 4 turn overs sound about right? When your QB is sacked 8 times, you need to make adjustments to the routes. He didnt do it. When your QB is being pressured, you need to make sure your WR's are cutting their routes to come back for the ball.

Giants? Who's job is it to ensure James Harrison is not our freaking long snapper?!?!?!?!? James Harrison is a MONSTER player, but come on now! That wasnt even fair to him!

Colts? Stuffed on goal line by an undersized line. Bad play calling, once again. Maybe the worst of the losses?

This game? More of the same crap from the offensive coordinator.

Hell, why dont you even put the win's into perspective and see how many times good ole dicky saved the game for the stee's.

It's absolutely infuriating.

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 07:07 PM
so what do you think the answer is?playing more "super tecmo bowl"? :hunch:

Steelers Since '75
12-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Offense did look very bad this game... and I don't think it is bad execution... the o-line is not "Grade A"... more like a mediocre "C" on average. Ben is rushed a lot but yet he holds the ball longer than most QB's :doh: Makes up for it a lot with last moment heroics. Run game is horrible... dreadful even! Not saying FWP should be benched but this offensive scheme does not favor his style... and MeMo is not the answer... he is a great backup... think Faulk for the Pats. I really don't think Arians knows how to plan a run game with his line coach... appears that they are on two different planets. I almost think that whether it is a run or pass the O line defend the same way... and with a slow release QB that spells disaster. Our D has saved our a$$es many times this year... not when our QB fumbles 4 times and throws a couple of picks... that is where Arians makes the call and our players don't execute... everyone takes a part of the blame.

pepsyman1
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
I still can't figure out how Arians got the job. Was it his stunning track record of directing that absolutely horrid offense in Cleveland (till he was fired). This guy has no track record of EVER being successful as an OC. The Steelers are now one of the WORST running teams in the league. Make whatever comments you want about FWP, Moore, the offensive line. All of those things are a part of it, but we have the same general skill players for the last 4-5 years and these same guys HAD a history of shoving the ball right down the others teams throat. The big change is the OC.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Eagles loss... Ben sacked 8 times and 4 turn overs sound about right? When your QB is sacked 8 times, you need to make adjustments to the routes. He didnt do it. When your QB is being pressured, you need to make sure your WR's are cutting their routes to come back for the ball.

Giants? Who's job is it to ensure James Harrison is not our freaking long snapper?!?!?!?!? James Harrison is a MONSTER player, but come on now! That wasnt even fair to him!

Colts? Stuffed on goal line by an undersized line. Bad play calling, once again. Maybe the worst of the losses?

This game? More of the same crap from the offensive coordinator.

Hell, why dont you even put the win's into perspective and see how many times good ole dicky saved the game for the stee's.

It's absolutely infuriating.

Philly figured out every adjustment the Steelers tried to make.

I was wondering if Hartwig did any long snapping. He'd have been the logical choice.

The Wins they had this season they did have good play callling.(Well, in the blowouts at least or on the drives to win the game).

TackleMeBen
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
but wasnt he the one that helped peyton get off to such a great start??lol

SCSTILLER
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Throwing myself into the argument here. Arians needs to go, PERIOD! His play calling is horrible. Yes, some of it is execution by the players, but very little. We were sitting at my buddies house watching the game and literally calling what plays the offense was going to run before they snapped it. We are not Madden or Tecmo bowl gurus:wink02:, just normal people watching the game. Two of us guessed right on the play calling, whether it be a pass or run to whatever side, about 75 percent of the time for nearly a quarter and a half. now, if I am only watching games for about 4-5 hours a week, and the coaches are watching film for lord knows how many hours, you would think that the coaches are game planning for what little I am seeing. Just saying, our offense is horribly predictable, and if you are predictable, the opposing defense is going to eat you alive.

On another note, I beleive that the opposing D knows exactly when we are going to snap the ball also. Hartwig looks between his legs a split second before he snaps it to Ben, that is a great bonus to the defense. This has a little to do with our problems, but not that much.

As for figuring out the play calling, follow Heath Miller, if he motions from left to right or visaversa that is where the run is going. If we are in a three tight end formation and running, we are running to where the tight ends are. :banging:

I am officially on the Fire Arians wagon, after today, I just could not jump on! Yes, Ben had a record year under him last year, but our offense sputtered down the home stretch, and it has sputtered into this year also. Bottom portion of the league in total O, that is all that needs to be said.

TackleMeBen
12-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Bottom portion of the league in total O, that is all that needs to be said.

well the lions need some company down there..lol

ohiosteelerfan20
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I was just thinking crazy thoughts on my way home from watching the game. I was thinking the Steelers just got beat by a very good team on the road. Then I got to reading the posts on here and it made me rethink it all. I think I got it now.

Bens 4 turnovers. Arians fault.

374 yards of total offense. Should have been at least 500. Arians fault.

O line missing blocks. Yep. Arians fault.

4th loss. We should be 15-0 right? Arians fault.

:flap:

pepsyman1
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
SCSTILLER....are you trying to imply that the incredibly "brilliant" tight end blocking schemes employed by our current OC are lame??? (gasp!) LOL

pepsyman1
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
SCSTILLER....are you trying to imply that the "brilliant" tight end blocking schemes employed by our incredible OC are lame??? (gasp!) LOL

Steelers Since '75
12-21-2008, 08:16 PM
OUR OFFENSE LOOKS IMMATURE AND ILL-DEVELOPED!

Sorry but I don't know how much simpler to say it... :banging:

jjpro11
12-21-2008, 08:45 PM

its not a bad play to run.. but we must be the worst team in the league at executing it. it can not be any more obvious every time we try it.

zsheik22
12-21-2008, 11:38 PM
I was just thinking crazy thoughts on my way home from watching the game. I was thinking the Steelers just got beat by a very good team on the road. Then I got to reading the posts on here and it made me rethink it all. I think I got it now.

Bens 4 turnovers. Arians fault.

374 yards of total offense. Should have been at least 500. Arians fault.

O line missing blocks. Yep. Arians fault.

4th loss. We should be 15-0 right? Arians fault.

:flap:

The offense is rarely good, even through wins.

Do you need me to explain to you that when ben is throwing picks and fumbling all over it's because of blocking schemes and trying to force plays because you botched up the 2 downs before it? Sometimes he does make mistakes, he isnt perfect, but if you would open your eyes you would see that it;s the former here. When you're bottled up and not doing anything on first and second down, your third down play becomes 99% more predictable.

The offense is terrible, PERIOD. That is the offensive coordinators fault. If his players arent executing he needs to run practice harder or sign the necessary players to make it better. The guy ONLY wants to score when were losing in the 4th quarter and he mixes up the plays and low and behold the steelers make a drive most of the time.

Arians can not adjust and he's just a loser. I dont understand why the NFL recycles the same loser coaches, coordinators, and players. Oh, and the nerve to praise them as God's when they finally have 1-2 good seasons out of 10.

The Duke
12-22-2008, 02:08 AM

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v132/60/30/504919802/n504919802_118178_3082.jpg

zsheik22
12-22-2008, 10:44 AM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v132/60/30/504919802/n504919802_118178_3082.jpg

Way to highlight a joke and post a serious response to it.

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 10:46 AM
On a lighter note, Holmes made a great catch on that TD.

zsheik22
12-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Yes, yes he sure did.

Holmes is a player and Washington can be when he wants.

More quick slants, more play action passes, more 3 step drops, more passes to heath miller in the red zone and in 1-2 down situations.

It's all I want for Christmas.

FacemeIke
12-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Arains drives me nuts. We have the talent to get it done on offense (notwithstanding the OLine), but the play calling doesn't put the players in a position to be productive.

I was screaming at the tv when Ben got picked on 3rd and 2 at around Tennesee's 40. It was 2nd and 2 and we tried 2 pass plays on a team that was rushing 4 and dropping everyone. Why not put a fullback in front of Willie and try an I-Formation run!? We never use the I-Formation and I think it would help out a lot in short yardage situations.

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I know this: There just aren't enough "Fire Arians" threads. We need at least another 4,567 to go along with the first 123,908 we have on this board.

Steeldude
01-20-2009, 02:33 PM
OUR OFFENSE LOOKS IMMATURE AND ILL-DEVELOPED!

Sorry but I don't know how much simpler to say it... :banging:

geez, you are so negative.

:coffee:

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I know this: There just aren't enough "Fire Arians" threads. We need at least another 4,567 to go along with the first 123,908 we have on this board.

:toofunny: