PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Schedule

Burghfan58
12-21-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm going to try and put a positive spin on this. In the last four weeks did anyone on this board actually think that the Steelers would beat the Pats on the road the Cowboys at home the Ravens on the road and the Titans on the road. Tell the truth. I know I didn't. So I'll settle for 3-1. After losing last week to the Texans, the Titans were jacked up for this one. I do know if they meet in the playoffs the Steelers should have an emotional edge after todays performance and the desecration of the Terrible Towel. :tt03:

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 06:41 PM
I thought they'd beat all of them. But hey, at least 3 out of 4 is still pretty good.

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 10:47 AM
MOST people had us, at best, going .500. We instead went .750.

Not too shabby. It was a brutal stretch of schedule, and it culminated on the road against the best team in the NFL. If we have to go .500 against the Titans, would anyone rather we win the regular season match-up and lose in the playoffs?

stlrtruck
12-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I actually thought we could win the 4 games, but maybe that was my over-sensed homerism for the Steelers.

I'm still happy with the 3/4 over the schedule, especially with an entire schedule that has been brutal.

And I'm with you rev, I'd rather beat the Titans in January!!!

lilyoder6
12-22-2008, 11:52 AM
the steelers did better than evryone thought they did.. looking at the sch.. was like wow, it could be a long yr 4 the steelers w/ there o-line problems.. esp when evryone got hurt earlier in the yr...

Steelcitygal87
12-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm going to try and put a positive spin on this. In the last four weeks did anyone on this board actually think that the Steelers would beat the Pats on the road the Cowboys at home the Ravens on the road and the Titans on the road. Tell the truth. I know I didn't. So I'll settle for 3-1. After losing last week to the Texans, the Titans were jacked up for this one. I do know if they meet in the playoffs the Steelers should have an emotional edge after todays performance and the desecration of the Terrible Towel. :tt03:

I thought they would have a more difficult time against the Pats than they did, mainly because their qb was playing pretty well and because we seem to always have problems playing the Pats and coming away with a win.

I did see them beating the cowboys because I didn't think their defense was that great(Ware being the best player), and I figured with Harrison and Woodley we could get pressure on Romo and make him throw interceptions.

That last drive against the Rats was fantastic! I did not think we would be able to move the ball that well against the #2 rated D.

I agree with you, if the Steelers and Titans meet again defiantly the emotional edge would go to Pittsburgh. This loss left a bad taste in their mouths(esp. with what went on with the T.T.) .

GO STEELERS!! :tt03::tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 12:19 PM
So when we beat the Browns this weekend, and are 12-4 with the "toughest schedule" in the NFL, we'll get a home field game after a bye week and then from there, we'll see what we see.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 12:38 PM
This is so true. Lets just say we win this sundays game.

I dont think anybody in the world realistically thought we could go 12-4 and get a 1st round bye with this schedule. Then consider the Colts and Giants games could have easily been wins and its been a solid season thus far.

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Agreed. I'll take it too!

brick
12-22-2008, 07:51 PM
yea I thought we would have a tough time coming away with wins against the Pats because they always give us trouble and the Ravens because we've had trouble playing there in past seasons. we won both which I was happy about. the way we lost to the Titans surprised me a bit, but as long as we solidified the first round bye then I don't think its too big of a deal. overall though I think people have forgotten just how tough a schedule we had this season, it was crazy.