New England @Buffalo
Miami @ Jets
Denver@ San Diego
Jacksonville @Baltimore

St. Louis @Atlanta
Oakland @Tampa Bay
Giants @ Minnesota
Dallas @ Philly

Denver vs San Diego and Philly vs Dallas are playin games I believe. Anyone else got any info. Right now I think we play winner of Baltimore vs AFC east winner.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Denver vs. San Diego Yes

Dallas vs. Philly Most likely not.

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Baltimore hasn't clinched a playoff spot yet - if they lose, NE* wins and either the Jets or Dolphins win, they will be out. They beat Jacksonville, and they're in.

stlrtruck
12-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Baltimore hasn't clinched a playoff spot yet - if they lose, NE* wins and either the Jets or Dolphins win, they will be out. They beat Jacksonville, and they're in.

One can only hope that Jacksonville shows up for just one game - just one!!!

jjpro11
12-22-2008, 08:53 AM

i doubt it.. they gave it all they had on thursday playing the division rival colts.. they lost a heart breaker to them with richard collier as the honorary captain. i think it could get ugly for them next sunday unfortunately.

jjpro11
12-22-2008, 08:55 AM

well the jets and dolphins play each other.. so baltimore would have to lose and the patriots win in order for them to get knocked out. can anyone confirm if this is the patriots only chance at getting in? could they still win the division depending on which team, miami or jets win?

Crow-Magnon
12-22-2008, 08:56 AM

Or not! :wave:

Personally, I am not going to say that Jax has no chance. They gave the Colts a decent game Thursday night. And they are an old rival of sorts from the "old" AFC Central.

But I'm hopeful that the Ravens can take Jacksonville at home, knowing that they need that win and then they're in as the #6 seed. I'd love to see them play the Steelers a third time this season. And I wouldn't mind another crack at Tennessee, either.

Crow-Magnon
12-22-2008, 08:58 AM
well the jets and dolphins play each other.. so baltimore would have to lose and the patriots win in order for them to get knocked out. can anyone confirm if this is the patriots only chance at getting in? could they still win the division depending on which team, miami or jets win?

Don't quote me, but I think if Baltimore loses and the Pats win, they can only get into the playoffs if the Jets lose. I know NY has the tiebreaker on NE. I'm not sure about Miami.

I, for one, am looking forward to Belichick sitting home this January.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
New England @Buffalo
Miami @ Jets
Denver@ San Diego
Jacksonville @Baltimore

St. Louis @Atlanta
Oakland @Tampa Bay
Giants @ Minnesota
Dallas @ Philly

Denver vs San Diego and Philly vs Dallas are playin games I believe. Anyone else got any info. Right now I think we play winner of Baltimore vs AFC east winner.

If Tampa Bay beats Oakland they get the last spot in the NFC, if they lose then the Cowgirl-bEagle game is a play in game.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 03:37 PM
If Tampa Bay beats Oakland they get the last spot in the NFC, if they lose then the Cowgirl-bEagle game is a play in game.

actually I believe the Cowboys own the tiebreaker.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 03:59 PM
actually I believe the Cowboys own the tiebreaker.

If Tampa loses then they are 9-7 and out and the Philly game becomes a play in game.

If Dallas would win they'd be 10-6 and the #6 seed, however if Philly wins then they are 9-6-1 and the Girls would be 9-7 thus Philly would get the nod.

If Tampa wins, they they eliminate Philly. Dallas would then need to beat Philly to get the #6 seed as both Tampa & Dallas would be 10-6 and you're right, Dallas owns the tiebreaker in that scenario.

steelreserve
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM

Wow, this might be one of the few times ever that I'm actually rooting for the Raiderettes, since my Fiancee is an Eagles fan. The Eagles are not in an enviable position, I've got to say.

Fire Haley
12-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Let the other teams squirm.

Jets win, Patriots win, Ravens win - Patriots and Ravens go to playoffs

Jets win, Patriots win, Ravens lose - Patriots and Jets go to playoffs

Jets win, Patriots lose, Ravens win - Ravens and Jets go to playoffs

Jets win, Patriots lose, Ravens lose - Jets and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots win, Ravens win - Ravens and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots win, Ravens lose - Patriots and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots lose, Ravens win - Ravens and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots lose, Ravens lose - Ravens and Miami go to playoffs

Tinman