PDA

View Full Version : Titan fan here.

Titanic
12-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Just want to apologize for the towel stomping. With that said however I think you guys are overreacting. All week long all the team heard was that they were going to get stomped by the Steelers in their own stadium. Even the local beat writers all picked the Steelers to win. Then they show up and there's a lot of Steeler fans(as usual, kudos to your fanbase). Yet without their two best defensive linemen they not only win but dominate the game.

That's not to say Lendale should have done that, but he's a bit of a doofus(as you probably know). If I was you I would be more concerned about the stuff that happened on the field than about whatever happened with the towel. For example:

1) Your offensive line could not handle the Titans defensive line without its two best players.
2) Your vaunted pass rush couldn't generate any kind of pressure against the Titans offensive line.

Both teams have to win at least one difficult game before they would meet again. Here's hoping it actually happens.

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Just want to apologize for the towel stomping. With that said however I think you guys are overreacting. All week long all the team heard was that they were going to get stomped by the Steelers in their own stadium. Even the local beat writers all picked the Steelers to win. Then they show up and there's a lot of Steeler fans(as usual, kudos to your fanbase). Yet without their two best defensive linemen they not only win but dominate the game.

That's not to say Lendale should have done that, but he's a bit of a doofus(as you probably know). If I was you I would be more concerned about the stuff that happened on the field than about whatever happened with the towel. For example:

1) Your offensive line could not handle the Titans defensive line without its two best players.
2) Your vaunted pass rush couldn't generate any kind of pressure against the Titans offensive line.

Both teams have to win at least one difficult game before they would meet again. Here's hoping it actually happens.

Nope. Just like the last Titan fan who came here with an "apology," I will not, nor will I ever accept it. Your boy stomped all over an icon, not to mention a dead man's memory, and I could give a rat's fat, furry ass what the reasons were. That is unforgivable. There are some things you just don't do. That is one of them, and I hope karma comes back to bite them in the ass the way it did the Bungles.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-21-2008, 07:10 PM

I agree with your 2 examples...
Your defensive line beat our offensive line almost every play....
and our defense was unable to pressure your QB..

With that said......if we play each other again....the last thing that Tomlin will show the Steelers before taking the field is Lendale using the Terrible Towel....

This will pump them up...piss them off...what have you......
Things will be different...

(with that said)
Congrats on 1st place in the AFC

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 07:11 PM

While I respect you coming here in peace. If your not a Steeler fan you have NO IDEA what that towel means to these fans, players, and city. Trust me when I say redemption will be ours. Great game to you and your team today. You guys kicked our asses, I can't dispute that. But when the players disrespected that towel they crossed the line and will be handled accordingly.

Titanic
12-21-2008, 07:11 PM
It's a towel. If you think he meant anything more than "Get your black and gold asses out of our stadium" and a hearty F-U to all the people who picked against the Titans this week I think you're over analyzing it.

Edit: Not saying it doesn't mean more than that to the Pittsburgh faithful, just that any number of players do the same sort of self-promoting BS every week that Lendale did.

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 07:14 PM
It's a towel. If you think he meant anything more than "Get your black and gold asses out of our stadium" and a hearty F-U to all the people who picked against the Titans this week I think you're over analyzing it.

Well, well, well. Your true colors shine through. How about you get your Faggety blue and red asses out of our forum you freaking troll.

jjpro11
12-21-2008, 07:14 PM

the players werent the ones saying anything or acting overconfident all week.. they did nothing of the sort. sports writers and the players are not the same bro. your running backs are a couple of profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery little shits who havent won anything in their short careers. regular season and postseason are two completely different elements, i wouldn't book my plane ticket to tampa just yet.

stillers4me
12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Two great teams played today, only one played like one. Congrats on the 1st seed.

But one thing needs to be understood loud and clear. Stomping on a Terrible Towel is a very big deal to the Steelers Nation. It will fire this team up like no loss ever could. If and when we meet again..........beware.

This year or next year. Beware.

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 07:15 PM

Not to a Steelers fan it's "just a towel." There are many, many other ways of saying that without going there. You probably don't understand the history and the meaning behind it and neither does White, but that is no excuse. It was classless, plain and simple, and does not deserve a free pass.

dez09231
12-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I feel really, REALLY sorry for the Titans if they play again.

beSteelmyheart
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
You don't understand so there is no sense going on about it. It was just a stupid display of unsportsmanlike conduct, to say the least. I would have hoped that your franchise was better than that after the good fight that you've put up all season...It's true that the Steelers were over-hyped by the media. As fans, we hate it when that happens & you put up 2 very valid points but there is no need for disrespect. And I thought it was professional football. Silly me.

MaidenIndiana
12-21-2008, 07:20 PM
JUST A TOWEL?????WTF! That shows what a moron you are. PUNISHMENT IS DUE AND WILL BE DELIVERED!

jjpro11
12-21-2008, 07:21 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/2764551318_3574c62b96.jpg?v=0

that jackass thought it was cute too until they played again in the playoffs.

TackleMeBen
12-21-2008, 07:22 PM
i bet palmer was wishing he hadnt done that

TackleMeBen
12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
JUST A TOWEL?????WTF! That shows what a moron you are. PUNISHMENT IS DUE AND WILL BE DELIVERED!
i dont even let my kids touch my terrible towel. my daughter asked me today if she could, and i was like no! :tt02::tt02:

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 07:24 PM

Edit: Not saying it doesn't mean more than that to the Pittsburgh faithful, just that any number of players do the same sort of self-promoting BS every week that Lendale did.

Looks like I misread your post when I flamed you. My bad. The Steelers and us fans are still very, very pissed about your teams actions. And there will be hell to pay.

Titanic
12-21-2008, 07:26 PM
You don't understand so there is no sense going on about it. It was just a stupid display of unsportsmanlike conduct, to say the least. I would have hoped that your franchise was better than that after the good fight that you've put up all season...It's true that the Steelers were over-hyped by the media. As fans, we hate it when that happens & you put up 2 very valid points but there is no need for disrespect. And I thought it was professional football. Silly me.

Right. And Joey Porter was always a paragon of sportsmanship and humility. I'm not saying Lendale should have done it, just that people are making a bigger deal over that than what happened on the field. I don't like it when Lendale does his stupid stuff, or when Chris Johnson showboats before he gets to the endzone, or when Finnigan gets his 14th stupid penalty of the season. But that doesn't mean that just because Lendale stomped on the towel the Steelers are suddenly going to get consistent pressure on Collins in the rematch, or that your crappy offensive line(how your GM could build such a solid team and allow it to be so patchwork is beyond me) will be able to block the Titans front.

Serious question: Aside from Faneca what else has contributed to the decline of your line? Or do you think Ben just holds the ball too long and the line is actually okay?

SteelersGirlTN7
12-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Some fool had a white towel today that said "Only Jackasses wave little yellow towels" ....

hello pot meet kettle .. you have a towel, and you're waving it... white or not .. you're doing the same thing we are....

Titans Talk on the radio here after pissed me off too ... they were like, "get over it" when someone called in about the "desecration of towel" ... they were like it's not the american flag .. and don't come into our stadium waving your towels on our home field ..

sorry hater , but you just WISH your fanbase either traveled as well as we do, or just happened to have SO many faithful in the towns you play in!!!

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Right. And Joey Porter was always a paragon of sportsmanship and humility. I'm not saying Lendale should have done it, just that people are making a bigger deal over that than what happened on the field. I don't like it when Lendale does his stupid stuff, or when Chris Johnson showboats before he gets to the endzone, or when Finnigan gets his 14th stupid penalty of the season. But that doesn't mean that just because Lendale stomped on the towel the Steelers are suddenly going to get consistent pressure on Collins in the rematch, or that your crappy offensive line(how your GM could build such a solid team and allow it to be so patchwork is beyond me) will be able to block the Titans front.

Serious question: Aside from Faneca what else has contributed to the decline of your line? Or do you think Ben just holds the ball too long and the line is actually okay?lol.

everybody showboats and does stupid shit.

but to stomp on the terrible towel???? 31 other teams fans are jealous they dont have it. may teams try to mimick it.

all procedes from the TT go to helping children less fortunate than lendale "boarderline" white.

sorry, but you sound like a bunglefan who was sure that the steelers would "never get pressure on palmer" the one and only time they had a half way decent season in the last 20 years.

good luck to your team. :drink:

:popcorn:

Edman
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Another Titan fan with an "apology". If you ask me, this clown is no different than the other trolls that popped up after we lost.

Whatever dude, keep doubting and bragging. You'll find out come January what happens to teams who diss the towel. It was especially dumb when you know there's a likely chance the Titans will play Pittsburgh again. So thanks for the free bulletin board material. You will pay for it and dearly. Mark my words.

Pittsburgh actually had a 14-10 lead in this game before letting it slip away. Bottom Line, you're not going to win games if you commit turnovers. That's why we lost. Congrats on the win and the #1 seed. But as we Steeler fans personally know, there is no SB guarantee that comes out of it.

TerribleTowel86
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Really, they should never have taken the towels to an away game. That's really bad karma. I bet it bites them in the playoffs too.

Keep the towels where they belong, at home.

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Really, they should never have taken the towels to an away game. That's really bad karma. I bet it bites them in the playoffs too.

Wolf in sheep's clothing alert.

A REAL Steelers fan would never tell other Steelers fans to keep their towels at home when they go on the road. We have been doing it as long as the TT has been around, and this little display of unsportsmanlike conduct will not stop us from doing it.

Titanic
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Fisher is 12-7 against the Steelers. The Titans have the best offensive line in football. You have an offensive line that doesn't block well and a QB who hangs onto the ball too long. I was worried going into today but after seeing how the teams match up I think the Steelers are far from the worst matchup for the Titans in the AFC playoffs. Not saying you're a bad team by any means. You're probably the second best team in the AFC. But Baltimore and Indy are scarier(Peyton knows our defense, Baltimore always gives us fits). You can say I'm trolling but I just thought people were overreacting. You can't expect everyone to know that it means that much, and if it actually does you probably shouldn't bring it into someone else's stadium and taunt them with it, you know?

Also apparently it wasn't just Lendale. I thought it was just one of his stupid spur of the moment things, but apparently the team as a whole was pretty fed up with the Steelers and the towels:
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081221/capt.50e368f2c44b4ba4af770b03682edd5e.steelers_tit ans_football_tnmh125.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081221/capt.0c818c20d24e442897cf86dc45793190.steelers_tit ans_football_tnmh126.jpg
[http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081221/capt.9713ec14e8674b5384bee84e94ba19fc.steelers_tit ans_football_tnmh124.jpg

Surprising Bulluck and Kearse would do that. They've been around a while. Bulluck's thoughts:
(on there being footage of him stomping on the “Terrible Towel”)
"I don’t care. I don’t care. Once it gets down to playoffs and stuff like that, it just is what it is. My team has been in a position of where it has been down for years and we’ve gradually come back to the top. I don’t care, you know what I’m saying. I really don’t care and it’s not disrespect to the Pittsburgh Steeler players or anything like that because there are a lot of great football players over there and coaches that I have a tremendous amount of respect for. But that’s just our stand. Anybody that’s going to come through here in the playoffs, we plan to stomp them out. That has to be our stand."

jjpro11

oh look.. a titans troll in stealth.

SteelersMongol

When someone burns "the Old Glory" R U gonna B saying it's just a flag, or it's just a sewed up cotton? i don't think so. You guys got some dumb *ss players 4 sure. I don't care how "talented" they are, but with a empty shell instead of head, you're gonna get it.

stillers4me
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/huh-1.gif

TerribleTowel86
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Surprising Bulluck and Kearse would do that. They've been around a while.

kearse went to philly for a few years. when you spend a lot of time in that region of the country, you tend to pick up some nasty habits/bad attitude.

HometownGal
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
kearse went to philly for a few years. when you spend a lot of time in that region of the country, you tend to pick up some nasty habits/bad attitude.

:wave: troll.

Titanic - no matter how you slice it or try to make excuses for your players' behaviors, there simply is no excuse for lack of class. What those couple of Tites did was simply classless and as stillers4me said - BEWARE. What goes around comes around. Karma is a bitch.

Edman
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Fisher is 12-7 against the Steelers. The Titans have the best offensive line in football. You have an offensive line that doesn't block well and a QB who hangs onto the ball too long. I was worried going into today but after seeing how the teams match up I think the Steelers are far from the worst matchup for the Titans in the AFC playoffs. Not saying you're a bad team by any means. You're probably the second best team in the AFC. But Baltimore and Indy are scarier(Peyton knows our defense, Baltimore always gives us fits). You can say I'm trolling but I just thought people were overreacting. You can't expect everyone to know that it means that much, and if it actually does you probably shouldn't bring it into someone else's stadium and taunt them with it, you know?

Also apparently it wasn't just Lendale. I thought it was just one of his stupid spur of the moment things, but apparently the team as a whole was pretty fed up with the Steelers and the towels:

Surprising Bulluck and Kearse would do that. They've been around a while. Bulluck's thoughts:
(on there being footage of him stomping on the ďTerrible TowelĒ)
"I donít care. I donít care. Once it gets down to playoffs and stuff like that, it just is what it is. My team has been in a position of where it has been down for years and weíve gradually come back to the top. I donít care, you know what Iím saying. I really donít care and itís not disrespect to the Pittsburgh Steeler players or anything like that because there are a lot of great football players over there and coaches that I have a tremendous amount of respect for. But thatís just our stand. Anybody thatís going to come through here in the playoffs, we plan to stomp them out. That has to be our stand."

Okay, this hick has said enough. Ban his ass.

I fully expect to see Titty fans do their best impression of profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterroaches when they get stomped in January.

X-Terminator
12-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Apparently BullShit is an idiot too. And Kearse had an actual towel...nice job, jackass.

Any teeny amount of respect I had for the Titans and their apologist fans is all gone. I shouldn't have expected anything less from them.

Phade
12-21-2008, 08:00 PM
i hope steelers fans don't sign up on other teams forums after a win and post 'apologies'

pathetic.. seriously get a life..

you guys won cause we had 4 turnovers plain and simple..

good luck thinking thats gonna happen again if we face you again..

Phade
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
its so beyond obvious this guy is seeking attention.. and he has to gain it by posting on a message board of an opposing team of the team he's a fan for....

when i sit down and i think about that.. WOW..

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Anybody that’s going to come through here in the playoffs, we plan to stomp them out. That has to be our stand."

:toofunny:

bullock is so weak and used to losing, he has to crib strahan's POST sb winning
saying.

tell him to stfu and let lendale white bitch about other teams cribbing their catchphrases.

in the meantime, i really hope they draw the colts in their first game. id much rather face a real team rather than a pompus fraud like the titans in the afcc game.

08 titans = 05 bungles

Edman
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I really don’t care and it’s not disrespect to the Pittsburgh Steeler players or anything like that because there are a lot of great football players over there and coaches that I have a tremendous amount of respect for.

Yes it is. No you don't respect the Steelers even in victory. Otherwise you and your teammates wouldn't have done that dumbass shit. I don't care how pissed you are. You did that deliberately just to spite. Let me tell ya, it worked. I know you don't care, you're scared at the prospect that you may have sealed your team's fate and pissed the Steelers off more than ever. Congratulations.

But that’s just our stand. Anybody that’s going to come through here in the playoffs, we plan to stomp them out.

Too bad things won't go according to plan. Watch and see, Mr. Buttocks.

Titanic
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Whatever. Like I said, you guys supported Joey Porter and there is no more classless individual in all of football. I hope we play again so I can come back here for some good discussion. If you want to ban me because I think people comparing the TT to the American flag is absurd then I probably deserve it. Good luck to you in the divisional round.

fansince'76
12-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Whatever. Like I said, you guys supported Joey Porter and there is no more classless individual in all of football.

Wrong. I for one never appreciated Porter's jawjacking and I wasn't exactly brokenhearted to see him go.

Edman
12-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Whatever. Like I said, you guys supported Joey Porter and there is no more classless individual in all of football. I hope we play again so I can come back here for some good discussion. If you want to ban me because I think people comparing the TT to the American flag is absurd then I probably deserve it. Good luck to you in the divisional round.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You take this tone now, but I'm sure you'll go onto Titans message boards bragging and boasting about how ****y we are and how much our team sucks with your hick buddies.

BTW, not every Steelers fan was proud of Joey Porter or his mouth. He did a lot of dumb crap here and some of were fed up with his declining production in Pittsburgh.

HometownGal
12-21-2008, 08:37 PM

Your wish was my command. Cya. :wave:

I banned you because you are just like your Tites buddies - a pompous troll. Took you a couple of posts, but you exposed yourself for what you are. Remember - he who laughs last laughs best. :toofunny:

NV STEELERS 723
12-21-2008, 09:53 PM
GAWD.....I can't wait to see these chumps in the playoffs again...we just got done playing the toughest sched in the NFL before them ( ending up 11-3) and they think they just won the Super Bowl !!! Oh ! I can't wait !!!!!!!

VegasStlrFan
12-21-2008, 09:55 PM
I personally hate when they put the camera on any of the players. Their emotions are running high during and directly after the game. They do things they will probably regret (if their not a complete punk). White definetely showed his imaturity today and I'm sure Fisher will let him know that is not how you get respect in this league. I can't wait until we play them again. I want to see them in the AFCC. Today was a gut check for the Steelers. You can't win on your reputation alone.

As for the references to Porter, I loved his intensity but I think his antics detract from his actual talent.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Whatever. Like I said, you guys supported Joey Porter and there is no more classless individual in all of football. .
What did Porter do that was so classless?? I honestly think Rodney Harrison, Ray Lewis and Richard Seymour are right up there in present day players. Haynesworth for stepping on Gurode's face was bad, Romanowski spitting in the face of a player is worse.

Porter spoke his mind about Matt Jones getting a pass on coke posession. He called Jeremy Stevens soft, he opens his mouth and guarantees victories that he doesnt always back up, but its not like Ray Lewis covering up murders, then making fun of Porter being shot??

I really dont care about the towel. The issue will rise again later in the playoffs. Turnovers were the story of the game and when you dont manage the football, you lose. Pretty simple.

Polamalu43
12-22-2008, 12:45 AM

Thanks, but no thanks. Can't wait to play you guys again in the playoffs, and stomp on your jersey with a player, wearing it!! :mad:

Galax Steeler
12-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Boy when the trolls come out they come out in buches don't they let them crow now but in the end we will see where they are at.

stillers4me
12-22-2008, 05:48 AM
your the most profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter ass titan fan ive seen,
dont go apologisin you dipshit.
We won and we celebrated we could do whatever we want at home

Yep.....just like the Bengals. One good season and the lips runneth over. :coffee:

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Yep.....just like the Bengals. One good season and the lips runneth over. :coffee:

Gonna be funny when this collection of chodes gets their asses kicked in the postseason.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-22-2008, 06:57 AM
I didn't realize so many trailer parks in Tennessee had electricity, or that the rednecks in them knew how to use a computer.

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 07:16 AM
TJ Houshamama did the same thing in 2005. Bengals haven't made the playoffs since we stomped a mud hole in their arse that year in the playoffs and busted their QBs knee.

No worries...we won't take it personally at all...it was all in "good fun". Sure thing.

Up next the Browns and then a bye week, and then...whoever comes to our house.

after that, we'll see what we see about having to play the Titans again. They are going to have to beat the Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Patriots, Colts or Chargers or Broncos first.

The Patriot
12-22-2008, 07:24 AM
after that, we'll see what we see about having to play the Titans again. They are going to have to beat the Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Patriots, Colts or Chargers or Broncos first.

We'll beat them! We always beat the number one seed in some ridiculous manner.

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 07:39 AM
We'll beat them! We always beat the number one seed in some ridiculous manner.

what do you need to get in? the jets to win and the ravens to lose?

how does that work for the patriots?

The Patriot
12-22-2008, 07:43 AM
what do you need to get in? the jets to win and the ravens to lose?

how does that work for the patriots?
Assuming the Patriots beat the Bills...

If Miami loses, Pats win the division.
If Baltimore loses, Pats get the wildcard.
If neither happens or Pats lose to the Bills, Pats miss playoffs.

LetsRock
12-22-2008, 08:05 AM
The Titans team is CLASSLESS. STomping on the "Terrible Towel" is like picking on fans in the stands. The towel has NOTHING to to with the game on the field. That is personal insult to the civilians. Also, the CLASSLESS Titans running up the score instead of taking a knee after the interception already up by 10 points with less than 30 seconds to play is an embarrassment. I hope coach Tomlin returns the favor at the rematch.

Tinman
12-22-2008, 08:26 AM
see ya in the playoffs

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Here is Kearse pretending to blow his nose on the towel.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/12/22/Steelers-Titans-Football.html

Bullock and White apparently enjoyed stomping on the towel as well.

TackleMeBen
12-22-2008, 08:56 AM
The Titans team is CLASSLESS. STomping on the "Terrible Towel" is like picking on fans in the stands. The towel has NOTHING to to with the game on the field. That is personal insult to the civilians. Also, the CLASSLESS Titans running up the score instead of taking a knee after the interception already up by 10 points with less than 30 seconds to play is an embarrassment. I hope coach Tomlin returns the favor at the rematch.
i am sure coach tomlin has more class than to do that. fisher was just pissed he lost to the jets and texans, and they took it out on us.but that is fine, we will see them again and i am sure they wont forget..and if the oilers, errr titans want to know about karma, just ask the bengals.. and palmer how his knee feels:chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 09:00 AM
January 5th, 2006. TJ Houshmandzadeh disrespects the terrible towel by polishing his shoes in the visitory walkway after the 38-31 victory over the Steelers to take the AFC North Title. The Steelers went on to win the superbowl after beating the Bengals the following week in the Playoffs.

Since that moment, the Bengals are 17 - 29 - 1 as a franchise including Palmer's only Playoff game where he got his knee blown up.

Smart move Titans...Smart Move...

TackleMeBen
12-22-2008, 09:02 AM
We need to bring back van olenhoffen (sp) for one game, against the titans. He can do the 10yd crawl 'n roll.
oh yeah, i agree... or maybe woodley could go back and watch that play and learn how to do the kemo:wink02::wink02:

SteelerFanInCA
12-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Way to show some class Titans. Lendale you are still the big piece of shit we all made you out to be.

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Ask the Bengals how well that worked out for them. You'd think people would learn.

TackleMeBen
12-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Ask the Bengals how well that worked out for them. You'd think people would learn.
well some people never learn, they will see what happens when the karma comes back to bite them.

TackleMeBen
12-22-2008, 09:14 AM
ask carson how this feels?

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/briannova/1203steelers23-a12.jpg

HometownGal
12-22-2008, 09:17 AM
January 5th, 2006. TJ Houshmandzadeh disrespects the terrible towel by polishing his shoes in the visitory walkway after the 38-31 victory over the Steelers to take the AFC North Title. The Steelers went on to win the superbowl after beating the Bengals the following week in the Playoffs.

Since that moment, the Bengals are 17 - 29 - 1 as a franchise including Palmer's only Playoff game where he got his knee blown up.

Smart move Titans...Smart Move...

Karma is a bitch, ain't it? :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Kittyfish
12-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Titanic,
As I said in the other thread, there is no need for you as a fan to apologize for anybody's behavior beyond your own, but I do appreciate the sentiment.
Having said that, if you freely admit that your star RB is a "bit of a doofus", you might question the integrity of an organization that would have him playing for them. That's the sort of thing the Cowboys do.
Part of what makes this organization so popular worldwide is the "Rooney class" factor; we do not tolerate "doofuses" on our team, period.
I guarantee you if one of our players behaved in such a matter he'd be drummed out ASAP. You just don't do that. Especially not to a team that you'll be facing in a few weeks when it matters. The team is more important than individual emotions.
If you win, you win with class. If you lose, you lose with class. Either way, you do all your talking on the field and leave it there.
You might write a letter to the editor asking Mr. White to donate to the Allegheny Valley school to atone for his stain on your organization's honor, but that's up to you. You're apologising because you feel bad about it, and I respect that, but it's the stain on your team's honor that needs addressed. I agree with so many posts on this topic but this one covers my thoughts very nicely. (All except the bolded line, that is - I don't think doofus troll poster felt badly about his team's behavior in the least. He just wanted to rub in the win.)

Like GoSlash said, you just don't do that, and the Steelers don't tolerate such petty, childish behavior for their team or their players. I can't imagine a Steeler desecrating an opposing team's historic and cherished symbol so blatently and going unpunished. I was cool enough with the Titan's win - they were unfortunately just the better team yesterday, and you can't win them all (unless you're a 72 Dolphin) until they started that towel business. That just pissed me the eff off and I can only imagine what the Steelers themselves think about it. Talk about classless. Of course they won't say much about it - they'll just let their play do the talking next time they meet. I had some respect for the Titans this year but now they are on my permanent s^&* list. That was just simply uncalled for.

RICK-THE-NFL-FAN
12-22-2008, 10:13 AM
The problem I see here is that all you steeler fans are just hoping the steelers can beat the titans. You guys keep going back to the Tj (Bengals) Story and what happened in the play offs. That was a different time and place, the bengals did not dominate the steelers in the regular season like the titans did yesterday. In that time and place your offense (Ben) was playing good. Can you say that now from the past few weeks performances and how does the steelers offense line look?

The towel will not make the steelers play any better against a team that dominates them. It does not have any magical powers. And if you think they where not pumped up yesterday when they have a chance for home field advantage then you guys are crazy. They did what they could and the steelers offense lost it. So if it makes you feel better, then keep telling yourselves that the towel will make them play harder next time because if that is the case then the steelers fans should want every team they play to step on the towel. If that is what it takes to get a good game out of them.

I do not agree with what the titans rb did but its done move on.

And one more thing do you think it is any different from what TJ did with the towel then what Bill cower did in the locker room after the playoff win(who dey). And that was from the team leader not just a player. Remember a towel to the steelers fan is the same as the who dey slogin for a bengals fan. So don't say steelers have more class then another team when they do stupid stuff also. But I guess that was funny for you guys or maybe you thought it was ok for bill cower to do that in the locker room at the bengals home field because tj did what he did. Because to me both showed disrespect. But I would say the steelers had less class that year because the head coach did it not just some player.

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2008, 10:50 AM
oh yeah, i agree... or maybe woodley could go back and watch that play and learn how to do the kemo:wink02::wink02:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: You evil woman!!! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 11:11 AM
The problem I see here is that all you steeler fans are just hoping the steelers can beat the titans. You guys keep going back to the Tj (Bengals) Story and what happened in the play offs. That was a different time and place, the bengals did not dominate the steelers in the regular season like the titans did yesterday. In that time and place your offense (Ben) was playing good. Can you say that now from the past few weeks performances and how does the steelers offense line look?

The towel will not make the steelers play any better against a team that dominates them. It does not have any magical powers. And if you think they where not pumped up yesterday when they have a chance for home field advantage then you guys are crazy. They did what they could and the steelers offense lost it. So if it makes you feel better, then keep telling yourselves that the towel will make them play harder next time because if that is the case then the steelers fans should want every team they play to step on the towel. If that is what it takes to get a good game out of them.

And one more thing do you think it is any different from what TJ did with the towel then what Bill cower did in the locker room after the playoff win(who dey). And that was from the team leader not just a player. Remember a towel to the steelers fan is the same as the who dey slogin for a bengals fan. So don't say steelers have more class then another team when they do stupid stuff also. But I guess that was funny for you guys or maybe you thought it was ok for bill cower to do that in the locker room at the bengals home field because tj did what he did. Because to me both showed disrespect. But I would say the steelers had less class that year because the head coach did it not just some player.

technically, who dey was stolen from the Saints, only they used to chant, Who Dat...Who Dat think they gonna beat them saints.

Tinman
12-22-2008, 11:24 AM
The ratbirds are the most classless of any orginization... I remember when they knocked us out of the playoffs in 2000 Billick lead a FCK da TITANS chant in the lockeroom which was heard loud and clear outside the lockeroom and even in the titans lockeroom... Now that is classless..

jjpro11
12-22-2008, 11:28 AM

where the hell was the domination? we turned the ball over 4 times and still out gained you guys with almost 400 yards of offense.. we even had the lead in the 3rd quarter and the game would have been down less than a touchdown in the 4th if not for a stupid penalty for simulating the snap count. your not getting a +4 turnover margin next time i can assure you that. we blasted the pats in 04 and they came back and whooped us in the afccg.. we got blasted by the colts in 05 and came back and beat them in the divisional game. the steelers know all about postseason football, i can see the overconfidence in your football team which will come back and get them in the end. you guys played well in the underdog role yesterday, well we won a super bowl using that role. i hope we get written off again heading into the playoffs.

as for cowher, that was after the bengals disgraced the terrible towel. if you want to play on the level then fine, just know what goes around comes around. nobody saw highlights of houshmandzadeh's shoe shine after that game.. but bengals fans still have to live with seeing the the we dey chant over and over again to this day.

decleater
12-22-2008, 11:51 AM

The Steelers had a bad day at the office. Four turnovers cost us the game. Simple as that...The Titans are a top notch:applaudit: football team though. Here's to the rematch. :drink::thumbsup::tt02:

Tinman
12-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Dear Titan fans,

Congrads on your good SEASON. Please be sure to enlighten us about the talent on your team after you guys have more then one. Thanks in advance.

-smokin3000gt

In the last 3 season (counting up to this point of this one)...

TN is 30-16 with 1 playoff loss
Pitt is 29-17 with 1 playoff loss

NEXT...

Frankie3521
12-22-2008, 11:59 AM

NEXT...

Superbowl? Oh, right...

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 12:00 PM

NEXT...

Yeah, can't go back 5 years cause that would put us over 50 wins.

Tinman
12-22-2008, 12:18 PM
actually I can go back to when the Oilers moved to TN and say the steelers have a 4-11 record agianst us... Including 2 playoff loses...

Fisher owned the JAW and now he will own tomlin too.. :)

jjpro11
12-22-2008, 12:29 PM
actually I can go back to when the Oilers moved to TN and say the steelers have a 4-11 record agianst us... Including 2 playoff loses...

why hasnt fisher won anything yet? cowher took a bad rap for not winning the big one until he finally did.. fisher has been around longer and still hasnt won shit. you can thank joe nedney's acting class teacher for one of those playoff losses.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 12:30 PM

All that Fisher owns is a porn stache and Super Bowl runner's up ring.

Tinman
12-22-2008, 12:51 PM
LOL... Don't mess with the stache... It is the epitome of cool.. :)

43Hitman
12-22-2008, 01:06 PM
LOL... Don't mess with the stache... It is the epitome of cool.. :)

Maybe for Ron Jeremy.:chuckle:

RICK-THE-NFL-FAN
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
where the hell was the domination? we turned the ball over 4 times and still out gained you guys with almost 400 yards of offense.. we even had the lead in the 3rd quarter and the game would have been down less than a touchdown in the 4th if not for a stupid penalty for simulating the snap count. your not getting a +4 turnover margin next time i can assure you that. we blasted the pats in 04 and they came back and whooped us in the afccg.. we got blasted by the colts in 05 and came back and beat them in the divisional game. the steelers know all about postseason football, i can see the overconfidence in your football team which will come back and get them in the end. you guys played well in the underdog role yesterday, well we won a super bowl using that role. i hope we get written off again heading into the playoffs.

as for cowher, that was after the bengals disgraced the terrible towel. if you want to play on the level then fine, just know what goes around comes around. nobody saw highlights of houshmandzadeh's shoe shine after that game.. but bengals fans still have to live with seeing the the we dey chant over and over again to this day.

For your info I am not a titans fan. I think they are a good team but still thought the steelers would of won this week. But for not being dominated . What are you saying that the steeler offense gamed planed to turn over the ball that many times . So lets give credit to the titans defense for the turnovers that they produced. To me the titans Defense dominated the steelers offense the whole game. And The steeler defense also got dominated in the running game because they allowed over a 100 + Yards . rushing . The titans had 5 sacks compared to steelers one. Should I even get into the turnovers. Titans 0 Steelers too many to count, So say what you want . If you think the game that we watched yesterday was a game where both teams looked like they where prepared . Then you are crazy. The steelers and the ravens looked like a more pumped up game for the steelers. I know every fan wants their team to be the best so you got offended by me saying dominated. And if you would like me to say it was a really close game then I will. Wait I just looked at the scoreboard and stats again. damn, if i said it was close I would be lying.

Back to the cower thing Again. Like I said before and just like you said( Cower did it because tj did it.) Oh that makes it more classy. So you proved my point again .The steelers are no better then any other team in that regard. If they had good sportmanship like the steeler fans say they do, then the steelers would of not lowered themselves to the level that tj did. But you will not understand because it is ok for the steelers to be poor sportsman as long as no other team does it back right.

warddj86
12-22-2008, 01:23 PM

Stomping on the TT is like pissing and taking a shit all over Myron Cope's (deceased) face, and just like TJ Douche-Manzadeh, we'll meet you soon enough in the playoffs, and our defense will remember, and when LenDale gets his 2 carries of the game, James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Troy, Aaron Smith, and Larry Foote, they will annihalate him, he will regret it and his team will be isolated from him after we head back to Pittsburgh, getting ready to take this party train to Tampa Bay.

That's what the towel is all about. :tt02:

drucifer
12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
:mad::tt02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Back to the cower thing Again. Like I said before and just like you said( Cower did it because tj did it.) Oh that makes it more classy.

In the 1984 NFC championship game, Bill Walsh put Guy McIntyre in late in the game as a FB to run the score up to 23-0 over the Bears. In 1985, Mike Ditka returned the favor by using 325lb William Perry to rub in a 23-7 win in week 8.

The move surprised Ditka, who silently vowed that he would get back at Walsh and the Niners.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/espn25/story?page=moments/97

The lesson to be learned is.....be careful what you start. The Bengals started the last towel war and the Steelers finished it. Call what Cowher did classless if you want, but make sure you put on your T-shirt tuxedo before you do it. :violin:

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Bulluck will just be another player no one is talking about in a year or two.. The Steelers, our history, and our towels will outlast any memory of him...

FSUBoo
12-22-2008, 06:04 PM

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081221/capt.50e368f2c44b4ba4af770b03682edd5e.steelers_tit ans_football_tnmh125.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081221/capt.0c818c20d24e442897cf86dc45793190.steelers_tit ans_football_tnmh126.jpg
[http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081221/capt.9713ec14e8674b5384bee84e94ba19fc.steelers_tit ans_football_tnmh124.jpg

(on there being footage of him stomping on the ďTerrible TowelĒ)
"I donít care. I donít care. Once it gets down to playoffs and stuff like that, it just is what it is. My team has been in a position of where it has been down for years and weíve gradually come back to the top. I donít care, you know what Iím saying. I really donít care and itís not disrespect to the Pittsburgh Steeler players or anything like that because there are a lot of great football players over there and coaches that I have a tremendous amount of respect for. But thatís just our stand. Anybody thatís going to come through here in the playoffs, we plan to stomp them out. That has to be our stand."

I would beg to differ about you having the best offensive line in football. Minnesota's line is better. Yeah they might give up more sacks cause of inept QB play, but they open a hell of alot more holes than your line.

Crushzilla
12-22-2008, 06:07 PM
The Titans think they're world-beaters now.

We'll see. They're no '07 Patriots :coffee:

Tinman
12-22-2008, 06:07 PM
We already beat Minny this year... Titans line is the best pass blocking line in the league bar none.. Run Blocking well that is not top notch but it gets the job done.

stillers4me
12-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Isn't it amusing how the Steelers are always the measuring stick of "excellence"? Any team that beats us thinks they've just won the Superbowl.

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Because the Steelers are a real elite team. Beating us is something.

Regardless, I don't think other than towelgate we'll look back on this game as anything other than a game we just didn't really need to win. Its nice to not have to worry as much at the end of the season....

cowboykilla
12-22-2008, 06:32 PM

Edit: Not saying it doesn't mean more than that to the Pittsburgh faithful, just that any number of players do the same sort of self-promoting BS every week that Lendale did.To those in Trashville it's a towel. To Steelers Nation it's a symbol of pride,a symbol of who we are. And the next time the titans see em waving,it's going to be a symbol of ''Linda White'' getting the top of his head knocked off.:helmet:

Steelerstrength
12-22-2008, 06:42 PM
To those in Trashville it's a towel. To Steelers Nation it's a symbol of pride,a symbol of who we are. And the next time the titans see em waving,it's going to be a symbol of ''Linda White'' getting the top of his head knocked off.:helmet:

I like that one! "Linda White" have you called Jenny?:pizza::cookie::drool:

stillers4me
12-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Oh why oh why couldn't they have stomped all over Steely McBeam's ugly mug instead?? :chuckle:

The Patriot
12-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Isn't it amusing how the Steelers are always the measuring stick of "excellence"? Any team that beats us thinks they've just won the Superbowl.

Same with last year's Patriots, except the team that beat us actually did win the Superbowl.

welder4pit
12-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Look at it like this titan fan. ur boy lindell and his friend keith buttlick disrespected a piece of nfl history from a historic franchise. ur tiny little ciassless team has a history of being chumps while ours 5 time champs. Keep u r apology.Atleast i can hold my head high if my team wins or loses.:tt03::helmet:

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2008, 09:06 PM
The Titans think they're world-beaters now.

We'll see. They're no '07 Patriots :coffee:

You got that right.

steelerzfannforever
12-22-2008, 10:03 PM

Serious question: Aside from Faneca what else has contributed to the decline of your line? Or do you think Ben just holds the ball too long and the line is actually okay?

You must be a damn fool if you think our D played more than their vanilla package! I guarantee you that if we had ran our normal blitz packages (we blitzed a total of 10 times) I guarantee that Collins would have been flat on his arse! Trust me unwise one, you may think your O controlled our D but they didnt. Our D controlled themselves and if we meet again in the playoffs, your statue for a quarterback will be flat on his arse! They did not see any exotic packages and I can guarantee that the Titans will see blitzes they have never seen before! Yes, your team won yesterday but revenge is sweet!!

Steelthe#1dynasty
12-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Nope. Just like the last Titan fan who came here with an "apology," I will not, nor will I ever accept it. Your boy stomped all over an icon, not to mention a dead man's memory, and I could give a rat's fat, furry ass what the reasons were. That is unforgivable. There are some things you just don't do. That is one of them, and I hope karma comes back to bite them in the ass the way it did the Bungles.

I can't agree more with your point. You do not insult a dead man's memory + the proceeds of the towel go to charity. Absolutely inexcusable what the Titan jack@sses did! Watch out for us come the AFC Championship Game!

brick
12-22-2008, 11:54 PM
honestly anyone who thinks the steelers fans are overreacting about this doesn't understand what that towel represents and is all about.