PDA

View Full Version : Well positioned for the playoffs!

steelerchad
12-21-2008, 09:58 PM
I was at the game today, and it was just one of those games. We lost because of missed opportunities and turnovers. You can't lose the turnover battle 4-0 and win in the NFL. Let alone against a solid team on the road. There is a stat in the NFL that if you lose the turnover battle by -2 you lose 98% of the time and we lost it by -4. That being said, I have a feeling there is still going to be an AFCC game at Heinz Field. Assuming Baltimore wins next week against the Jags the Colts and Ravens are the 5 and 6 seeds. I would predict that the Colts would be favored to beat Denver or SD on the road. Baltimore as the 6 seed would be favored against the Jets or Dolphins and probably pickem against the Pats. If I get my wish only one of the wildcard teams win, which is fairly likely. That team automatically goes to the #1 seed and I think is a tough matchup for the Titans. We then get the 3 or 4 seed (East or West division champ), which I feel would be an easier game. I feel the Titans have a real chance of losing that divisional game to either the Colts or Ravens, which would hand us the home field if we can win ours.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I was at the game today, and it was just one of those games. We lost because of missed opportunities and turnovers. You can't lose the turnover battle 4-0 and win in the NFL. Let alone against a solid team on the road. There is a stat in the NFL that if you lose the turnover battle by -2 you lose 98% of the time and we lost it by -4.

Agreed. You may win one of those every once in a blue moon, but odds don't favor you.

d2609j
12-21-2008, 10:30 PM
My prediction for the AFC
1. Titans
2. Steelers
3. Miami
4. San Diego
5. Colts
6. Ravens

Wild Card-- Ravens beat Miami, Chargers beat Colts
Divisional-- Ravens beat Titans, Steelers beat Chargers
Championship--Steelers beat Ravens at HOME!

VegasStlrFan
12-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Verry good analysis, I would rather see the Colts than the Ravens. Taking 3 from the Ratbirds in one season is a bigger challenge than splitting with the Colts IMO.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Verry good analysis, I would rather see the Colts than the Ravens. Taking 3 from the Ratbirds in one season is a bigger challenge than splitting with the Colts IMO.

If won once, it's always harder beating a team twice.

augustashark
12-21-2008, 11:15 PM
1. Titans
2. Steelers
3. Miami
4. San Diego
5. Colts
6. RavensWild Card-- Ravens beat Miami, Chargers beat Colts

If this is what it turns out to be then we all should become huge Dolphin fans. I would want that game over Colts or Chargers.

jjpro11
12-22-2008, 01:04 AM
If this is what it turns out to be then we all should become huge Dolphin fans. I would want that game over Colts or Chargers.

they could barely get passed the chiefs today in front of an empty arrowhead stadium and they got blasted at home a few weeks ago by the pats.. i dont underestimate any playoff opponent, but they clearly would be the weakest link.

steeltheone
12-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Yes...without a doubt Miami and their last place schedule would be the ticket.

steelerchad
12-22-2008, 05:36 AM
I believe your right. Best case scenario for us would be Dolphins and Colts win the wildcard games. We would have a much easier game than the Titans. I would feel good about the chance of me actually getting to use the AFC championship game tickets that arrived on Saturday.

markymarc
12-22-2008, 06:18 AM
I would actually love to play the Titans and Colts again in the playoffs. Call it the revenge factor.

Rick5895
12-22-2008, 07:07 AM
1. Titans
2. Steelers
3. Miami
4. San Diego
5. Colts
6. Ravens

Wild Card-- Ravens beat Miami, Chargers beat Colts

I agree that is how it will play out in the conference , but we will end up playing the Colts. We should be able to win that one but the Colts right now are hot and would produce a big challenge.

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 07:40 AM
good gracious...good you imagine having to play Joey in the playoffs.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 09:52 AM
I think the Pats will win the east myself and we will end up with the winner of the Chargers-Colts game.

Time to welcome back the Colts to Heinz.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 12:18 PM
good gracious...good you imagine having to play Joey in the playoffs.

I know Ben would be having nightmares about that...

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Lol am i the only one who wants to vs. the Broncos?? Anyone?? :rofl:
I'd play the Brono's anyday, but think they will lose to the Chargers this weekend, or if they get in they will lose to either the Ravens or Colts in the wildcard.

I think the Colts are the most realistic possibility to be in the burgh in 3 weeks.

The Duke
12-22-2008, 01:21 PM
I hope the bolts beat the broncos. They deserve that win after what happened in week 2

Tinman
12-22-2008, 01:45 PM
The Chargers (if they get in) scare me more than the Ratbirds, Dolts, or Phins..

They have loads of talent and really underachieved this year. The chargers actually got robbed from one win by the zebras... They have the most to prove..