PDA

View Full Version : No holding calls in 24 qtrs????

VegasStlrFan
12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
I recently read a post on another blog about the Steelers defense not getting a holding call in 24qtrs. Anyone no if this is legit? Seems amazing to me if thats the case. :wtf:

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Interesting. Very Intresting.

VegasStlrFan
12-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Not pushing the research off to someone else. Just thought someone on here would have those stats in their Steelers library.

BenIsSuperman7
12-21-2008, 10:29 PM
I read that somewhere too and that is absolutely ridiculous something like that can happen, especially with the talent we have.

tony hipchest
12-21-2008, 10:40 PM
after todays game its 28 quarters. its been since the washington game (unless i missed a titan holding call today- dont think i did).

fansince'76
12-21-2008, 10:42 PM
"No holding is to be called when playing against the Steelers' D."

Goodell Law.

MDSteel15
12-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Aweful funny the way our d-linemens heads are getting twisted around and no calls are coming!!!

VegasStlrFan
12-21-2008, 10:49 PM
after todays game its 28 quarters. its been since the washington game (unless i missed a titan holding call today- dont think i did).

Thats exactly what the other post said. Coming in to today the last holding call was against the Skins. Not to be a conspirist (sp?) but thats total BS if its true. Harrison and Woodley could both be north of 20 sacks. :doh:

kmsteelerwr15
12-22-2008, 12:26 AM
ya i just dont understand how that happens. it is known that there is holding on EVERY play so it should be called once or twice a game for every team but this is what i have come to expect with the Goodell reign

T&B fan
12-22-2008, 07:44 AM
yes the Skins game was the last . but I thought we did get one in the Tenn game . I was reading that NFL has had less and less holding calls over all in the last few yrs .just a nother way to help the nfl get more scores or in there thinking TV rateings

Tinman
12-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah the Titans got flagged for holding in the 3rd qtr...

Be Careful what you wish for though. If you have Tivo go watch the series where the steelers started at the 2 in the 2nd qtr... NO. 74 is a holding machine.. He held tulloch in the endzone that kept tulloch from getting a sack from behind. He held kearse most of the game...

Those holding calls can go both ways most of the time.. Hell I even admit CRUMPLER held Harrison on the sack. Harrison still got the sack... Amano is usually the guy that holds on the titans line.

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah the Titans got flagged for holding in the 3rd qtr...

Be Careful what you wish for though. If you have Tivo go watch the series where the steelers started at the 2 in the 2nd qtr... NO. 74 is a holding machine.. He held tulloch in the endzone that kept tulloch from getting a sack from behind. He held kearse most of the game...

Those holding calls can go both ways most of the time.. Hell I even admit CRUMPLER held Harrison on the sack. Harrison still got the sack... Amano is usually the guy that holds on the titans line.

Not the point. One holding call in 28 quarters with the best OLB duo in the NFL is completely unrealistic. This has nothing to do at all with the Titans, and everything to do with the officiating in the NFL.

Tinman
12-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I agree REV, that is a pretty odd thing to happen.

Holding is just a judgement call anyway.. Depends on the crew and situation sometimes. Consistancy is all you can ask for. If they don't call it for you but are calling it on you all the time then there would be a problem...

We have the same issue.. AH and KVB get mugged at times and the refs just look the other way.. Much like Harrison probably does they have ways of getting even.