PDA

View Full Version : Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

Rek
12-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Everyone brace yourself this week. Numerous posts will be about how we should bench ben, how leftwich would be better, how parker should be traded, how the wideouts can't catch, how BA should be fired. Jesus people calm down. OUR Pittsburgh Steelers are 11-4 and have a first round bye and a home game in the playoffs, so just take it easy. It seems like after every loss, people try and blame everyone and everything instead of realizing that the Steelers weren't going to win every game this year, and losses are just part of the sport. Personally, I think the Steelers tend to play better on the road so this game today should not be a signal to panic.

Calm down now. Let's Go Stillers.... :tt:

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm getting so sick of seeing those posts to. A nice win over the Clowns will help shut them up.

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm getting so sick of seeing those posts to. A nice win over the Clowns will help shut them up.

One of the worst teams in the NFL? That will not calm my nerves going into the playoffs against a bunch of good teams who all know for a 100% no doubt about it fact that we are officially, completely incapable of rushing the football.

Getting over 150 rushing yards against the Browns will make me happier than a win.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 10:53 PM
One of the worst teams in the NFL? That will not calm my nerves going into the playoffs against a bunch of good teams who all know for a 100% no doubt about it fact that we are officially, completely incapable of rushing the football.

Getting over 150 rushing yards against the Browns will make me happier than a win.

I know it's not going to satisfy all, but we have to start some where and get our mojo back. What a better way to do it then against the Browns??

Steelers & I
12-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Everyone brace yourself this week. Numerous posts will be about how we should bench ben, how leftwich would be better, how parker should be traded, how the wideouts can't catch, how BA should be fired. Jesus people calm down. OUR Pittsburgh Steelers are 11-4 and have a first round bye and a home game in the playoffs, so just take it easy. It seems like after every loss, people try and blame everyone and everything instead of realizing that the Steelers weren't going to win every game this year, and losses are just part of the sport. Personally, I think the Steelers tend to play better on the road so this game today should not be a signal to panic.

Yeah buddy :thumbsup: We've seen this same type of post more than once, we're 8-3. we're 9-3. we're 10-3, calm down people, it's all good.

Let me share a little something with you from an Arians hater that will most-likely be trashing him this week. You see, it's NOT the loss that is bothersome to certain members, are we clear on that? It's the poor manner in which the Steelers OFFENSIVE SYSTEM performs versus formidable opponents.

As you know, in the post season, the Steelers could possibly face up to 3 of the teams that have already defeated them. In each one of those defeats, Arians offensive system failed to adjust to stunt blitzing packages. The Steelers offense, under the Arians system, has shown nothing but a gradual regression over the last 3 to 4 games. That's why members become upset, they want to see this offensive system reformed. They want to see gradual OFFENSIVE PROGRESSION from week to week, even if that involved a Steelers loss along the way. So what are we seeing? We're seeing an offense that has failed to improve, offensive formations and offensive play calling that will most-likely account for a one and done playoff appearance by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Polamalu43
12-22-2008, 12:06 AM

Don't worry when we wipe the floor with the clowns, all that talk will end. :tt03:

eafratitpm3
12-22-2008, 12:19 AM
I wish we were playing a better team the last week of the regular season. No matter how bad we beat the Clowns (HOPEFULLY). The false sense of security that we have turned things around will not give me a warm fuzzy. That will be like pre-season game compared to any team we meet in the playoffs.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 12:21 AM
I know it's not going to satisfy all, but we have to start some where and get our mojo back. What a better way to do it then against the Browns??

No i definitely agree with you, they need to play well against the Browns for themselves so they can go into the playoffs strong and on a high note. But I think regaining some kind of composure on the rush side of the offense is very important.

Galax Steeler
12-22-2008, 03:32 AM
There should be no hate toward the steelers we have a good record and if we were going to falter I am glad it happened in the regular season and not in the playoffs.

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Yeah buddy :thumbsup: We've seen this same type of post more than once, we're 8-3. we're 9-3. we're 10-3, calm down people, it's all good.

Let me share a little something with you from an Arians hater that will most-likely be trashing him this week. You see, it's NOT the loss that is bothersome to certain members, are we clear on that? It's the poor manner in which the Steelers OFFENSIVE SYSTEM performs versus formidable opponents.

As you know, in the post season, the Steelers could possibly face up to 3 of the teams that have already defeated them. In each one of those defeats, Arians offensive system failed to adjust to stunt blitzing packages. The Steelers offense, under the Arians system, has shown nothing but a gradual regression over the last 3 to 4 games. That's why members become upset, they want to see this offensive system reformed. They want to see gradual OFFENSIVE PROGRESSION from week to week, even if that involved a Steelers loss along the way. So what are we seeing? We're seeing an offense that has failed to improve, offensive formations and offensive play calling that will most-likely account for a one and done playoff appearance by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Yeah, "buddy," we've seen this type of post more than once too about how we're "doomed" in the postseason. We lost to two of the three teams we beat in the 2005 postseason leading up to XL during the regular season that year as well and beat them on the road when it really counted against MUCH longer odds than we're facing now. So you'll have to pardon others if they don't share your vision of impending doom for this team. If we fall short, then you can come back and say "I told you so," and from reading some of your other posts around here you seem like the sort that would enjoy doing that anyway. :thumbsup:

T&B fan
12-22-2008, 07:37 AM
nothing cures your ills of a loss then playing a team from Ohio .

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
We have two bye weeks and a month before we'd have to play Tennessee again.

We'll be just fine.

zsheik22
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
A big problem here is realizing when something is ineffective and FIXING it. You are supposed to critique things, especially when it does NOT work. The steelers offense does NOT work.

You think people aren't steeler fans because we think Arians should be fired? Trust me, you are setting yourself up for some serious heart break if you're counting on that man to call plays in a SB.

I wont bash Big Ben, wont bash WP, it's not even their fault. It's a junk system.

Steel12
12-22-2008, 10:10 AM
A big problem here is realizing when something is ineffective and FIXING it. You are supposed to critique things, especially when it does NOT work. The steelers offense does NOT work.

You think people aren't steeler fans because we think Arians should be fired? Trust me, you are setting yourself up for some serious heart break if you're counting on that man to call plays in a SB.

I wont bash Big Ben, wont bash WP, it's not even their fault. It's a junk system.

I agree that the offense doesn't work but it's not all Arians' fault...Ben has to make the right reads and protect the ball. Willie has to hit the hole and stop playin like a B. Moore is running the ball much more effectively than Willie is right now.

zsheik22
12-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I agree that the offense doesn't work but it's not all Arians' fault...Ben has to make the right reads and protect the ball. Willie has to hit the hole and stop playin like a B. Moore is running the ball much more effectively than Willie is right now.

If he cant protect the ball because of pressure, change the drop back to 3 steps instead of shotgun and get the ball out quick. When you're getting blitzed too hard, you throw the ball in a quick slant to where the blitz came from. It is football 101 and Arians cant recognize it.

Steel12
12-22-2008, 10:16 AM
If he cant protect the ball because of pressure, change the drop back to 3 steps instead of shotgun and get the ball out quick. When you're getting blitzed too hard, you throw the ball in a quick slant to where the blitz came from. It is football 101 and Arians cant recognize it.

That's what audibling is about...Ben has to see that for himself. Arians can't run on the field and show Ben that they're about to blitz.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 10:19 AM
you all talk about beating up on Cleveland...for what reason I don't know. If it's gonna make em' feel better and give them some confidence, hell....let them play a HS team. But for the talent we are facing in the playoffs, I'd be very concerned with our play yesterday. Not too mention having the 1st round bye might not be a good thing.

Steelers & I
12-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, "buddy," we've seen this type of post more than once too about how we're "doomed" in the postseason. We lost to two of the three teams we beat in the 2005 postseason leading up to XL during the regular season that year as well and beat them on the road when it really counted against MUCH longer odds than we're facing now. So you'll have to pardon others if they don't share your vision of impending doom for this team. If we fall short, then you can come back and say "I told you so," and from reading some of your other posts around here you seem like the sort that would enjoy doing that anyway. :thumbsup:

Hey fan, why do you always ACT as if you have all the insight on the Steelers along with the insight on EVERY MEMBER in this forum???? You don't know $hit about me. I GUARANTEE YOU PAL that you NEVER HAVE nor NEVER WILL support the Steelers ANY BETTER than I do. I mean what are you looking for, someone to quote your posts and tell you how HARD you are? Don't YOU EVER, EVER, tell me that I'll enjoy a playoff loss.

I'm simply pointing out the ARIANS CANCER within this team. I'm not going to fake it like some members and act as if EVERYTHING is going to be just fine when the playoffs start. I certainly hope that the offensive problems are resolved prior to the playoffs but what in the hell have I seen that indicates that Arians is even remotely close to figuring it out? Answer, NOTHING!

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey fan, why do you always ACT as if you have all the insight on the Steelers along with the insight on EVERY MEMBER in this forum????

:laughing:

Michael Keller
12-22-2008, 12:53 PM

You have no idea how badly I want Mr. Arians to be terminated after this season is over. I have been saying since the middle of LAST SEASON. HE IS THE OPPONENTS 12TH MAN.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
You have no idea how badly I want Mr. Arians to be terminated after this season is over. I have been saying since the middle of LAST SEASON. HE IS THE OPPONENTS 12TH MAN.

But we're 11-4.....he must be doing something right?:coffee:

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey fan, why do you always ACT as if you have all the insight on the Steelers....????

It isn't me acting like the armchair HC around here.

You don't know $hit about me.

Yep, don't care to either.

Don't YOU EVER, EVER, tell me that I'll enjoy a playoff loss.

I didn't say that. I said you would probably enjoy saying "I told you so," since you come off like a know-it-all anyway. Sorry, but the truth's a bitch.

I'm simply pointing out the ARIANS CANCER within this team. I'm not going to fake it like some members and act as if EVERYTHING is going to be just fine when the playoffs start. I certainly hope that the offensive problems are resolved prior to the playoffs but what in the hell have I seen that indicates that Arians is even remotely close to figuring it out? Answer, NOTHING!

Yeah, you pointed it out alright, with a heaping helping of condescension toward the OP for expressing some optimism. I decided to give some of it back. What do you propose to do about this so-called "cancer?" Besides bitching and, once again, playing armchair HC about it? Get a new OC? Sure, I'm sure we can get a new system installed in 3 weeks with no problem. :coffee:

GodofGridiron
12-22-2008, 01:09 PM

Youre resurrecting events from 2005 ? This is 2008 i think...........that was a different ballclub back in 2005, with a very different set of players and the Coordinator for that team was NOT Arians. Now, would i like for the 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers to repeat that success of 2005 ? Certainly...........but with what ive seen this year and last year from Mr Arians, it doesnt give me much confidence, seeing how many teams have attacked our offense.

Tell me something--if and when we play the Colts/Chargers in round 2, if they decide to blitz similar to the way NY, Dallas or Philly, do you think Arians will make necessary and effective adjustments or will he maintain the script and play out the gameplan he started and just hope for a winning result ? When is the last time youve seen a very effective in-game adjustment from Bruce ? He loves the 7-step drop vertical game, blitz adjustments be damned.

Just once..........just one time i want Bruce to prove me wrong and actually impress me one time this season. Just once. Not tryin to draw rain......just sayin prove to me he'll make it happen.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey fan, why do you always ACT as if you have all the insight on the Steelers along with the insight on EVERY MEMBER in this forum???? You don't know $hit about me. I GUARANTEE YOU PAL that you NEVER HAVE nor NEVER WILL support the Steelers ANY BETTER than I do. I mean what are you looking for, someone to quote your posts and tell you how HARD you are? Don't YOU EVER, EVER, tell me that I'll enjoy a playoff loss.

Let me try and put what he is trying to say into simple terms...

1) The easiest and least interesting posts are the "fire someone" posts.....

2) Forum members who continually post negative comments are hard to take seriously. Whatever good points you actually may make get lost in the..... cheapest and least interesting of posts.

3) Any changes in Steeler personnel is going to take place in the off season...So try approaching personnel changes is a positive manner. You dont Like Parker? Let us know who you think we may pick up in the draft to either compliment him or replace him. You dont like Ben? Tell us what free agent is available that you would like to see in Black & Gold. You dont like Arians? Tell us who you would like to see Tomlin either promote or pick up.

For me...personally....I like to see well thought out posts that take salary cap implications...draft potential...and other factors that affect a roster, outside of one bad game or even one bad year of stats.... that show that the poster is doing more than just throwing up on a thread.

Dodt
12-22-2008, 01:20 PM
so if the steelers lose in the playoffs what do you guys see coming up first the trade ben threads or the draft blank threads.

fansince'76
12-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Youre resurrecting events from 2005 ? This is 2008 i think...........that was a different ballclub back in 2005, with a very different set of players and the Coordinator for that team was NOT Arians. Now, would i like for the 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers to repeat that success of 2005 ? Certainly...........but with what ive seen this year and last year from Mr Arians, it doesnt give me much confidence, seeing how many teams have attacked our offense.

You're right. The 2005 team started 7-5 and absolutely had to win 8 in a row to get the ring (and the last 4 to even MAKE the playoffs) and thankfully, that's what they did and in so doing, showed the kind of urgency I didn't see one glimmer of yesterday. Even then we were still ahead on the scoreboard well into the 3rd quarter before the wheels came off. It was bound to happen. We've been playing playoff-type games against quality teams for weeks now. It's hard to maintain that kind of intensity over the long haul. The team played poorly, and very poorly in the 4th quarter yesterday, and I make no bones about that. I'm not ready to give up on this team doing anything in the playoffs because of it though. It was one game, and thankfully it happened yesterday and not 3 weeks from now.

When is the last time youve seen a very effective in-game adjustment from Bruce ? He loves the 7-step drop vertical game, blitz adjustments be damned.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not an Arians fan, but I'm not an Arians hater, either. I'm ambivalent towards him really. I don't care if he stays or goes. That being said, off the top of my head, I liked the adjustments that were made at halftime of the 1st Ravens game - Ben came out and took shorter drops, didn't get sacked once (after getting planted 3 times in the first half) and we came back to win. We could have Bill Walsh as OC and we're not going to win many games against quality opponents, particularly on the road, when we turn the ball over 4+ times. It's not going to happen.

All I'm saying is I'm not willing to concede that this team will do nothing in the postseason based on one bad game in a BRUTAL stretch of 4 games that a lot of folks thought we'd be lucky to get one win out of (we got 3). If that makes me a blind, Kool-Aid drinking homer, so be it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-22-2008, 01:58 PM
yup most of these topics are nothing but spam

Yep....McDonalds mentality.

Unless a team wins the Superbowl...the season is a waste. Never mind an 11 or 12 game winning season...never mind a playoff birth...never mind a division title.

You know....now that I think about it......Tomlin deserves Coach of the Year, since he was able to get this type of production from a team that:

1)...has the worst offensive line..."ever".
2)...has a Running Back that ..."sucks".
3)...has a QB that is..."ineffective"
4)...and has an O-coordinator that should be..."fired"

KeiselPower99
12-22-2008, 02:30 PM
It is nice 1 loss and the whole Steelers Nation flips out. We will be fine but do need to make better adjustments.

Steelers & I
12-22-2008, 08:54 PM
It isn't me acting like the armchair HC around here.

Yep, don't care to either. Feelings mutual, HEY WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!

I didn't say that. I said you would probably enjoy saying "I told you so," since you come off like a know-it-all anyway. Sorry, but the truth's a bitch.

Yeah, you pointed it out alright, with a heaping helping of condescension toward the OP for expressing some optimism. I decided to give some of it back. What do you propose to do about this so-called "cancer?" Besides bitching and, once again, playing armchair HC about it? Get a new OC? Sure, I'm sure we can get a new system installed in 3 weeks with no problem. :coffee:

That's all that I can do about it., nothing more, nothing less.

Steelers & I
12-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Yep, you're all right:applaudit:, hell it's only 1 loss. Lets forget about the FACT that Arians offensive system played POOR enough to lose 3 of the past 4 games. Thank God for the Steelers great defense. Hopefully they can pull a few more rabbits out of their hat next month into February.

tony hipchest
12-22-2008, 09:02 PM
It is nice 1 loss and the whole Steelers Nation flips out. We will be fine but do need to make better adjustments.actually the pressure started hitting steeler "nation" around here after the dallas WIN. :noidea:

go figure.

Stlrs4Life
12-22-2008, 09:05 PM

Exactly. Good post.

Steelers & I
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Let me try and put what he is trying to say into simple terms...

1) The easiest and least interesting posts are the "fire someone" posts.....

2) Forum members who continually post negative comments are hard to take seriously. Whatever good points you actually may make get lost in the..... cheapest and least interesting of posts.

3) Any changes in Steeler personnel is going to take place in the off season...So try approaching personnel changes is a positive manner. You dont Like Parker? Let us know who you think we may pick up in the draft to either compliment him or replace him. You dont like Ben? Tell us what free agent is available that you would like to see in Black & Gold. You dont like Arians? Tell us who you would like to see Tomlin either promote or pick up.

For me...personally....I like to see well thought out posts that take salary cap implications...draft potential...and other factors that affect a roster, outside of one bad game or even one bad year of stats.... that show that the poster is doing more than just throwing up on a thread.

Actually, after reading the thread title, I don't know what else you would have expected to find within. If negavtive comments about the team annoy you that much, stay away from those types of threads.

I've taken to the time to go back and read quite a few of your posts and I must say that I didn't come away feeling that you're a "happy, cheerful, and positive individual". In fact, your persona is about as inviting as a FIST.

Now granted, most of your negative postings are geared towards other forum members, which sounds like a pretty good gig if you can get it, but most of us aren't permitted to post in that same crticizing manner. We are left to adhere to the forum rules and accept the verbal jabs thrown by a select few members with no option to retaliate.

So anyway, fire away. No hard feelings on my part. This is not the first time that I've been targeted by you and it probably won't be the last. After all, it's pretty easy to take jabs at individuals in cyber land, isn't it?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Actually, after reading the thread title, I don't know what else you would have expected to find within. If negavtive comments about the team annoy you that much, stay away from those types of threads.

...and you still dont get it.

I've taken to the time to go back and read quite a few of your posts

In the course of reading my posts...did you ever get the impression that I dont think all trolls are from other teams?

and I must say that I didn't come away feeling that you're a "happy, cheerful, and positive individual". In fact, your persona is about as inviting as a FIST.

...if you expected me to pick out curtains with ya....sorry.

Now granted, most of your negative postings are geared towards other forum members,

You use the word "forum members" like were all one big happy family...yet I like to think of you as more like........the cousin we dont let the little kids play with.

most of us aren't permitted to post in that same crticizing manner.

Uh....If you were not "allowed" to criticize.....your post count would be.....1.

We are left to adhere to the forum rules and accept the verbal jabs thrown by a select few members with no option to retaliate.

Did the Homecoming King stick your head in the toilet again?.....seriously, this isnt high school.

People have been "nice" enough to try and let you know that your coming across as a forum troll...nice enough to explaing why you are coming across that way...and nice enough to let you know that it is okay to post negative threads about the Steelers if your posts are well thought out and not repetitive.

Give up the martyr complex and just realize your one-trick posts are getting old...Do you REALLY believe Everyone else is picking on you and you have no fault.

So anyway, fire away. No hard feelings on my part. This is not the first time that I've been targeted by you

Really?....I dont recall responding to you......sorry.

After all, it's pretty easy to take jabs at individuals in cyber land, isn't it?

...and you end with an insinuation that in the "real world" people wouldnt talk to you this way. Thats very mature....your a bad, bad man.

Steelers & I
12-23-2008, 03:59 AM
...and you still dont get it.

In the course of reading my posts...did you ever get the impression that I dont think all trolls are from other teams?

...if you expected me to pick out curtains with ya....sorry.

You use the word "forum members" like were all one big happy family...yet I like to think of you as more like........the cousin we dont let the little kids play with.

Uh....If you were not "allowed" to criticize.....your post count would be.....1.

Did the Homecoming King stick your head in the toilet again?.....seriously, this isnt high school.

People have been "nice" enough to try and let you know that your coming across as a forum troll...nice enough to explaing why you are coming across that way...and nice enough to let you know that it is okay to post negative threads about the Steelers if your posts are well thought out and not repetitive.

Give up the martyr complex and just realize your one-trick posts are getting old...Do you REALLY believe Everyone else is picking on you and you have no fault.

Really?....I dont recall responding to you......sorry.

...and you end with an insinuation that in the "real world" people wouldnt talk to you this way. Thats very mature....your a bad, bad man.

State's Exhibit A. Just look above. Your own words are proof beyond ANY reasonable doubt that my entire thread has described you to a match.

Mature? Bad, bad man?? That has nothing to do with anything but I assure you that you wouldn't talk to me in person, or anyone else for that matter, in the same manner that you do in cyberland.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 04:01 AM
State's Exhibit A. Just look above. Your own words are proof beyond ANY reasonable doubt that my entire thread has described you to a match.

...and yet....you are the one that the forum members are trying to get to change....(think about it)

Steelers & I
12-23-2008, 04:12 AM
...and yet....you are the one that the forum members are trying to get to change....(think about it)

Hmm, I guess that I didn't receive my invitation to the intervention. I appreciate the concern but I thought that I was like "the cousin we don't let the little kids play with?"
I guess that we as forum members are one big happy family after all.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 04:14 AM
Hmm, I guess that I didn't receive my invitation to the intervention. I appreciate the concern but I thought that I was like "the cousin we don't let the little kids play with?"
I guess that we as forum members are one big happy family after all.

Wow...not only a troll...but also in denial. Seriously....you have no idea that your song and dance is getting old to the remainder of the forum?...really?

Steelers & I
12-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Wow...not only a troll...but also in denial. Seriously....you have no idea that your song and dance is getting old to the remainder of the forum?...really?

Yes Sir, you're right on with that. I wish that I could post in the same special manner in which you do. Teach me please.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 04:28 AM
Yes Sir, you're right on with that. I wish that I could post in the same special manner in which you do. Teach me please.

1) Think
2) Post

Steelers & I
12-23-2008, 04:31 AM
1) Think
2) Post

Gotcha, Show me a little patience, I'll try.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Gotcha, Show me a little patience, I'll try.

Thats all we can ask...:thumbsup:

Steelers & I
12-23-2008, 04:40 AM
Thats all we can ask...:thumbsup:

I think that we need to start a thread dedicated entirely to the Steelers defense. That should keep things nearly 100% positive.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 05:14 AM
I think that we need to start a thread dedicated entirely to the Steelers defense. That should keep things nearly 100% positive.

Or...as we have been trying to explain....talk about what needs the offense has in terms of free agents and the draft next year.

For instance....Everyone knows we have to do something with the running game. IF we picked up Jorvorskie Lane from Texas A&M or Brannan Southerland, from Georgia in the draft.....who would we keep out of:

Mendenhall
Parker
Moore
Russell
Davis
Lane/Southerland

Or...Do we draft one of the best Center prospects in year (Mack) in the first round and an OT in the 2nd round...or do we grab an OT first?

I can either sit here all day and say that "_________ Sucks".....or I can realize that it is week 17 and we are not going to be picking up free agents at this point and throw out some discussion as to what our weaknesses are and how I think the front office may fix them.

If I just say that ________ sucks....its just redundant. But if I do my homework and look at potential draft picks and free agents (and sometimes by putting it into the form of a question)...the SAME type of thread now becomes more interesting and more open for discussion.

Steelers & I
12-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Or...as we have been trying to explain....talk about what needs the offense has in terms of free agents and the draft next year.

For instance....Everyone knows we have to do something with the running game. IF we picked up Jorvorskie Lane from Texas A&M or Brannan Southerland, from Georgia in the draft.....who would we keep out of:

Mendenhall
Parker
Moore
Russell
Davis
Lane/Southerland

Or...Do we draft one of the best Center prospects in year (Mack) in the first round and an OT in the 2nd round...or do we grab an OT first?

I can either sit here all day and say that "_________ Sucks".....or I can realize that it is week 17 and we are not going to be picking up free agents at this point and throw out some discussion as to what our weaknesses are and how I think the front office may fix them.

If I just say that ________ sucks....its just redundant. But if I do my homework and look at potential draft picks and free agents (and sometimes by putting it into the form of a question)...the SAME type of thread now becomes more interesting and more open for discussion.

I think that a lot of us are assuming that Starks and Marvel Smith will be gone next season. That frees up quite a bit of cap money and creates a definite need for a Tackle so I would opt to snag a Tackle in Round 1.

In reference to releasing certain RB's, I would prefer to see Davis and Russell let go. That in turn opens a void at FB, well maybe, if Arians stays on board his system seldom utilizes a FB so do we really need a FB taking up a roster spot? If they do choose to keep a FB, I would prefer that they sign/draft a traditional blocking FB rather than Davis. I remember seeing Davis playing in the pre-season 2 years ago and the Steelers basically used him as a RB. As we've seen this season, he doesn't offer much as a lead blocking FB.

I'm not very knowlegeable on this years draft prospects at the O-line position so I best stay out of that part of the conversation.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 06:02 AM
I think that a lot of us are assuming that Starks and Marvel Smith will be gone next season. That frees up quite a bit of cap money and creates a definite need for a Tackle so I would opt to snag a Tackle in Round 1.

In reference to releasing certain RB's, I would prefer to see Davis and Russell let go. That in turn opens a void at FB, well maybe, if Arians stays on board his system seldom utilizes a FB so do we really need a FB taking up a roster spot? If they do choose to keep a FB, I would prefer that they sign/draft a traditional blocking FB rather than Davis. I remember seeing Davis playing in the pre-season 2 years ago and the Steelers basically used him as a RB. As we've seen this season, he doesn't offer much as a lead blocking FB.

I'm not very knowlegeable on this years draft prospects at the O-line position so I best stay out of that part of the conversation.

I think alot of people forget Hills in the tackle equation....In regards to FB...both Lane and Southerland are FB's but can be used as short yardage backs. Lane is a beast at 280 lbs...Southerland is a more traditional FB with great hands and the ability to pick up hard yards up the middle.

I am still looking at O-line in the first and either 2nd or 3rd round...DE in the 2nd or 3rd...and a FB late in the draft