PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn punched in locker room brawl?

Fire Haley
12-22-2008, 08:25 AM
It was reported last night by the play-by-play radio voice of the Cleveland Browns, Jim Donovan, also of WKYC-TV channel 3, that there is a story circulating in the locker room that defensive lineman Shaun Smith hit quarterback Brady Quinn. It is still unclear if the hit was a sucker punch or with a weight. Many media sources in town are trying to track down the full story. The story sounds like more than a rumor since Donovan has now mentioned it.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1287-Cleveland-Sports-Examiner~y2008m12d22-Cleveland-Browns-rumor-Shaun-Smith-sacks-Brady-Quinn-in-the-locker-room

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/51/l_dae3b786e0d14b5781c87bb3ae08fb21.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
12-22-2008, 08:54 AM
He shouldn't be trying to grab his teammate's junk!

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 09:39 AM
This is absolutely brilliant reporting:

"This painful season will mercifully come to an end next Sunday in Pittsburgh where the Browns will be shutout again. Fortunately, the Steelers have nothing to play for next week and will probably pull their starters in the second half, if not earlier, depending how bad the beating is in the first half. That might give Lewis a chance to rush for 92 yards next Sunday to reach the 1,000-yard mark for the second consecutive year.

Following next week’s loss, major changes will be coming to the Browns. Chiefly among those will be the firing of Romeo Crennel, if not General Manager Phil Savage, as well."

Could you imagine being this pessimistic as a Steelers fan? I mean we have our naysayers and whatnot, but to project a shutout like that?

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 12:11 PM
This is absolutely brilliant reporting:

"This painful season will mercifully come to an end next Sunday in Pittsburgh where the Browns will be shutout again. Fortunately, the Steelers have nothing to play for next week and will probably pull their starters in the second half, if not earlier, depending how bad the beating is in the first half. That might give Lewis a chance to rush for 92 yards next Sunday to reach the 1,000-yard mark for the second consecutive year.

Following next week’s loss, major changes will be coming to the Browns. Chiefly among those will be the firing of Romeo Crennel, if not General Manager Phil Savage, as well."

Could you imagine being this pessimistic as a Steelers fan? I mean we have our naysayers and whatnot, but to project a shutout like that?

You guys really havn't had a reason to be pessimistic since about '72..ever since then it's been smooth sailing.

Believe me, Browns fans would kill for that type of stability. I mean, the worse thing you guys complain about is..About Ben Holding on to the ball too long..in a season where you're probably going to win the super bowl.

stlrtruck
12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I mean, the worse thing you guys complain about is..About Ben Holding on to the ball too long..in a season where you're probably going to win the super bowl.

I reject this kiss of death!!!!! You're just trying to jinx us!!

CB1977
12-23-2008, 07:26 AM
I reject this kiss of death!!!!! You're just trying to jinx us!!

Hhhmmmmmmm.....well, in that case...

STEELERS TO THE SUPER BOWL

Shall I go on? :wink02:

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 07:37 AM

Have you read the main forum lately? And that's for a team with an 11-4 record. To answer the question directly, yes, I could imagine it. Very easily.

stlrtruck
12-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Hhhmmmmmmm.....well, in that case...

Shall I go on? :wink02:

No, I counter your chant with

THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2008, 10:54 AM
No, I counter your chant with

THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR

That's what the Clowns have been saying for years. :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 10:58 AM
That's what the Clowns have been saying for years. :chuckle:
let me fix that for you.That's what the Clowns have been saying for years and years to come

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2008, 11:00 AM
let me fix that for you.That's what the Clowns have been saying for years and years to come

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

revefsreleets
12-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Have you read the main forum lately? And that's for a team with an 11-4 record. To answer the question directly, yes, I could imagine it. Very easily.

Good point. It's a miracle that we are 11-4 given that Parker is hardly able to run at all, Arians is retarded, Ben is about as good as a HS QB and the OL couldn't start for Joe's Junior College.

However, we should feel blessed that our little message board is filled with offensive geniuses and football experts who know more than NFL front offices and coaching staffs. I mean, what are the odds?