PDA

View Full Version : On to the next game - Browns to start Gradkowski

Fire Haley
12-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Crennel won't confirm or deny reported altercation between Brady Quinn and Shaun Smith

by Mary Kay Cabot
Monday December 22, 2008, 12:50 PM

BEREA -- Browns coach Romeo Crennel declined to confirm a report on WKYC Channel 3 that defensive lineman Shaun Smith punched quarterback Brady Quinn in the face last week in the weight room.

But Crennel also did not deny that the incident took place.

"If it happened, we're keeping it in house," Crennel said.

Crennel said Smith being inactive for the Bengals game was a coaches' decision. Smith was listed on the injury report with a calf strain, but Crennel would not say whether or not Smith was out because of disciplinary action.

Quarterback Ken Dorsey might have to sit out the finale with his concussion and rib injury. If that's the case, newly-acquired Bruce Gradkowski might have to start the game. Crennel also said that the Browns will rely more on Josh Cribbs at quarterback.

Other injuries include Eric Steinbach with a back injury and Jason Wright with an ankle injury. Wright will undero an MRI.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/12/crennel_wont_confirm_or_deny_r.html

------------------------------

The meltdown continues in Clowntown.

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Bruce Gradkowski hasn't faired well in his hometown's Football Stadium.

Polamalu43
12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Hahaha that flower quinn got punched in the face?? Guess smith got tired of quinn, lookin at him in the shower! Lol anyways back to the clowns, does it make a diffrence if it's gradkowski or dorsey? Bottom line they are gonna get there ases handed to them.

stlrtruck
12-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Bring on the browns, put the exclamation point on the season and get ready for the playoffs.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
http://wine.appellationamerica.com/images/appellations/features/wve-white-flag-260.jpg

Polamalu43
12-22-2008, 02:03 PM
I bet browns fans, are hating the titans right now. I feel sorry for the browns cause the steelers, are gonna take there frustrations out on them.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 02:10 PM
The Steelers should beat the Clowns with their JV team...the starters on defense should make guest appearances...

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I bet browns fans, are hating the titans right now. I feel sorry for the browns cause the steelers, are gonna take there frustrations out on them.

I'm just admitting it right now, We're all geared towards the draft and finding a new coach right now, and all the good players are out hurt (IE Quinn), so casualties should be at a mininum.

Wave good bye to the Fatman Steeler fans, as that will be the last time he'll be making an appearance at Heinz Field. I know you guys will miss him a lot, All the wins he's given to you over the years, you guys should give him a card for making the division easy to win every year.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Seriously though, im pretty interested to see who gets the Browns coaching job and how well Brady does next year. As long as The Chin doesnt appear on our turf on the wrong side of the field...

1.) The Chin
2.) Marty and his kin.
3.) Russ Grimm

My top 3 at the moment, doubt the top 2 will happen, but I can dream, can't I?

The Chin would re-kickstart the rivalry pretty damn quickly though.

Fire Haley
12-22-2008, 03:05 PM
more injury notes

Steelers | Clark's shoulder pops out in Week 16
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:31:22 -0800

Scott Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers FS Ryan Clark's (shoulder) right shoulder popped out of the socket after making a tackle in the team's Week 16 game. He separated the shoulder earlier in the season. He underwent X-rays and left the locker room with his arm in a sling. He said he will be fine.

Steelers | Roethlisberger says he could use extra week of rest
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:25:04 -0800

Scott Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (ankle, back) said he could use an extra week of rest this week but would like to play some snaps in Week 17 game to see how he feels but it is up to head coach Mike Tomlin.

Steelers | Harrison would not mind resting in Week 17
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:07:41 -0800

Scott Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers LB James Harrison (hip) said he would not mind sitting out of the team's Week 17 game so he can rest his injured hip.

Browns | Dorsey suffers mild concussion in Week 16
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:52:37 -0800

Scott Petrak, of The Medina County Gazette, reports Cleveland Browns QB Ken Dorsey (head, ribs) suffered a mild concussion and sore ribs in Week 16 and his status for Week 17 will be determined during the week. It appears at this point as if he won't play in the game. QB Bruce Gradkowski would start in his place, with WR Josh Cribbs receiving more snaps in practice at quarterback.

Roethlisberger Era
12-22-2008, 03:11 PM
This game Sunday will get very ugly, even if we don't play our starters. Browns are absolutely horrible and their is no hope at all over there.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Well i think the game will be hard fought, the browns Fans hate us to bits.

Fixed it for you. :).

The current crop of our players (minus Winslow and maybe Lewis) don't get the rivalry.

Thats one thing I hope the next head coach instills in the team next year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, might as well get the guys some rest. Sit down Ben, Harrison, Clark and let Lefty, Timmons and Carter start.

As for the Browns coach. He ruined things and never got to 8-8 so he could hang on again. I just hope you get your wish and Russ Grimm is the new head coach, so the Steeler fans can see how bad a choice he would have been.

KeiselPower99
12-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Im actually worried about this game, We didnt play well yesterday and it is still Browns and Steelers. Because the Browns have basically given up Im worried our boys might give into the thought of an easy game.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Im actually worried about this game, We didnt play well yesterday and it is still Browns and Steelers. Because the Browns have basically given up Im worried our boys might give into the thought of an easy game.

The Browns couldn't even score on the bengals..Believe me..you're safe.

Besides if the Browns lose this game, we can pick up this guy in the draft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXgLCbw5YU

Dude looks like some guy we'd steal from your team's defense. :flap:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, Rey's a future superstar. I think someone posted about him somewhere on the forums. Imagine: Two Troy Polamalu's as division rivals :chuckle:

Lol. And you need to have more faith in your team man. Your browns did beat the giants badly.

Hence why I want the guy badly. :). Theres a bunch of folks around here, wanting Chris Wells just 'cuz he went to Ohio State...same with a cornerback in Jenkins. But I think that we need a mean hitting SOB in the mold of Ray Lewis/Harrison/Polamalu, and a better Niddle Linebacker, Rey-Rey has both of those things down

We got some pieces here, just nothing to mold them into the team they could be. I have faith still, next offseason will be fun to see. Hopefully we'll keep trying to make our defense better.

Fire Haley
12-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I can see why some Browns fans are closet Steelers fans too - we got Santonio Holmes - from the Buckeyes.

jjpro11
12-23-2008, 11:04 AM
timmons will hunt down cribbs like a homing missile if they try to run cribbs out of qb. he has ridiculous speed for a linebacker.

Fire Haley
12-23-2008, 11:15 AM
. I have faith still, next offseason will be fun to see.

I'm still laughing over Quinn getting punched in the face.

December 22, 2008 - 12:50 PM

December 22, 2008 - 3:22 PM

Browns tight end Darnell Dinkins confirmed on the WQAL 104-FM this morning that an altercation occurred between Browns quarterback Brady Quinn and defensive lineman Shaun Smith last week and that Quinn had a mark on his face.

So is Quinn the only QB Smith has hit all year? or did Brady have it coming?

As for Romeo - sounds to me like Crennel thinks Savage is ready to fire his butt, so he scampers to the owner to state his case.

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I know I sure don't want to go into the playoffs and a bye week losing 2 in a row.

I think Tomlin will have the guys pretty ready, and the fact that some of the backups get to play...well who? Timmons? Leftwhich? Russell? I think we'll be fine with those guys even if we do decide to rest starters later into the game.

I just want to beat the Browns and be 6-0 in the North. 6-0 is strong. I hate losing the last game of the regular season, it never bodes well for future games. Ever.

CB1977
12-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Rey's a future superstar. I think someone posted about him somewhere on the forums. Imagine: Two Troy Polamalu's as division rivals :chuckle:

Lol. And you need to have more faith in your team man. Your browns did beat the giants badly.

Yes, we did beat the Giants but we had our #1 QB in the game. As much as I want to see the Browns pull an upset this Sunday against your Steelers, I just know it's not gonna happen. Gradkowski may have been great at Toledo but, he is a young inexperienced pro QB who is going to be eaten alive by your defense.

As far as having faith in our team, well, I usually do. But, when you've got a coach that's wondering what his next meal is going to be, three QB's that are hurt and players punching each other in the lockerroom...kinda hard to have faith with all that in mind.

I still love my Brownies, always have, always will. Good or bad, they are still my team.

jjpro11
12-24-2008, 12:15 PM
cribbs is the kick/punt returner :screwy:

they plan on using him at qb and will probably run him 90% of the time.

XxKnightxX
12-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Haha Gradkowski, and you know whats the craziest thing, is when he played hist last game at Toledo and how his parents were wearing steelers gear and had terrible towels and were saying, Steelers Draft him!!! and then saying Here We Go Steelers Here We go....:tt02::tt02:

And now he playing for the Browns.... :rofl:

Game Over...:injured::injured: :crutches::crutches:

xfl2001fan
12-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I doubt I'll even watch the game. I probably won't bother poking my head in here until after the game is over.

If you should happen to lose...it's not because we're the better team, it's because Tomlin let you guys get soft enough to do so. (Another words, he drops 5 guys to the practice squad for a week...and brings 5 guys up...then rests everyone else.)

Fire Haley
12-24-2008, 01:45 PM
they plan on using him at qb and will probably run him 90% of the time.

Maybe yes, maybe no...

Cleveland Browns Josh Cribbs injures ankle at practice
by Tony Grossi
Wednesday December 24, 2008, 1:34 PM

Josh Cribbs injured his right ankle running a pass pattern early in Wednesday's practice and left the field with a trainer.

The accident happened in the individual drills portion of practice before media were ushered out.

Within a few minutes, a team spokesperson said that Cribbs returned to practice after having his ankle re-taped.

Cribbs was expected to play a larger role in the offense Sunday against Pittsburgh because the Browns are down to Bruce Gradkowksi, their fourth quarterback. Ken Dorsey missed practice with a concussion suffered against Cincinnati and is not expected to play.

xfl2001fan
12-24-2008, 01:54 PM
It wouldn't be a terrible thing to see what Cribbs can do when defenses have to respect him as a runner.

Who knows, he may be a better QB than Vick was...

The Duke
12-24-2008, 01:56 PM
It wouldn't be a terrible thing to see what Cribbs can do when defenses have to respect him as a runner.

Who knows, he may be a better QB than Vick was...

That's not saying much

You know what, I guarantee he is a better QB than vick. That POS was worthless

xfl2001fan
12-24-2008, 02:08 PM
That's not saying much

You know what, I guarantee he is a better QB than vick. That POS was worthless

He is worthless...not was. Still, he made things difficult for offenses because of his athleticism. Right now, can you think of anyone (on our roster) that scares you more at QB than Cribbs? Because if I'm the Steelers, he's probably the scariest QB we have.

The Duke
12-24-2008, 02:19 PM
He is worthless...not was. Still, he made things difficult for offenses because of his athleticism. Right now, can you think of anyone (on our roster) that scares you more at QB than Cribbs? Because if I'm the Steelers, he's probably the scariest QB we have.

Oh, don't get me wrong. He IS the scariest qb you guys have

Especially if he is used out of the wildcat or something similar. And I've noticed the steelers let many fast QBs get some big runs. Hopefully it doesn't happen

xfl2001fan
12-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong. He IS the scariest qb you guys have

Especially if he is used out of the wildcat or something similar. And I've noticed the steelers let many fast QBs get some big runs. Hopefully it doesn't happen

I disagree. Hopefully it does. :flap: The last thing we need is to end up "under" the Bugles in the division. Bad enough being this terrible, but ending the season at the cellar is just plain wrong.

warddj86
12-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Crennel won't confirm or deny reported altercation between Brady Quinn and Shaun Smith

by Mary Kay Cabot
Monday December 22, 2008, 12:50 PM

BEREA -- Browns coach Romeo Crennel declined to confirm a report on WKYC Channel 3 that defensive lineman Shaun Smith punched quarterback Brady Quinn in the face last week in the weight room.

But Crennel also did not deny that the incident took place.

Crennel said Smith being inactive for the Bengals game was a coaches' decision. Smith was listed on the injury report with a calf strain, but Crennel would not say whether or not Smith was out because of disciplinary action.

Quarterback Ken Dorsey might have to sit out the finale with his concussion and rib injury. If that's the case, newly-acquired Bruce Gradkowski might have to start the game. Crennel also said that the Browns will rely more on Josh Cribbs at quarterback.

Other injuries include Eric Steinbach with a back injury and Jason Wright with an ankle injury. Wright will undero an MRI.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/12/crennel_wont_confirm_or_deny_r.html

------------------------------

The meltdown continues in Clowntown.

Lol!!!!

I live in Clowntown, I was listening to local sports radio ("Munch on Sports") about Cleveland sports teams, and the guy, "Munch" said a funny statement, he's like, " If this story is true than it only took Shaun Smith 16 weeks to hit a quarterback"

lmao

:toofunny:

Fire Haley
12-25-2008, 09:52 AM
i started a topic but nobody cares i guess :crying01:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=30411

I started THIS thread on 12-22-2008, your attempt at parroting my thread wasn't started until yesterday.

I bet you're one of those people who only reads the last page of threads.

markymarc
12-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Good luck Bruce. LeBeau and the players aren't going to be happy come Sunday after their embarrassment against the Titans.

tyler289
12-25-2008, 05:05 PM
I feel sorry for him

cowboykilla
12-25-2008, 05:12 PM
:sign03:

HometownGal
12-25-2008, 07:19 PM
All the wins he's given to you over the years, you guys should give him a card for making the division easy to win every year.

Unless he has a paper fetish, I think he'd much prefer it if we gave him a chee-borger.....or two.....or three......or a dozen. :chuckle:

The division is never "easy" to win and I wish you guys the best of luck in the draft and in hiring a new HC. It aint gonna be The Chin. Maybe after Wade Phillips is given the boot in Dallas, he can roll his fat ass north and land in Cleveland. :chuckle:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-25-2008, 08:55 PM
From profootballtalk.com

"Gradkowski will start on Sunday when the Browns travel to Pittsburgh. We hope that he survives the experience." :rofl:

markymarc
12-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Ben and Lefty will make sure to show Bruce how to play the NFL QB position. I really do feel for Bruce because our defense is gonna want to make a statement before the playoffs. No better shot than taking it out on the Stains.

markymarc
12-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Bruce may want to retire from the NFL after facing a defense wanting to make a statement heading into the playoffs. At halftime I am sure Bruce will be praying for the backups to come in and try to make life easier for him.

SteelCityKing
12-26-2008, 04:57 PM
i wonder if any player has ever been murdered on field!? cause i think Bruce is going to have "Slayed by a swarm of Black and Gold" written on his tombstone. haha! poor guy.

if the Defense doesn't kill him, the fear will. =)

stlrtruck
12-26-2008, 07:39 PM
He didn't fair so well the last time he visited Pittsburgh. With the exception of the last second FG Gruden gave him.

markymarc
12-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Everybody should say a prayer for Bruce tonight. I would love to see LeBeau release the dogs tomorrow all day.

SteelCityKing
12-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Everybody should say a prayer for Bruce tonight. I would love to see LeBeau release the dogs tomorrow all day.

that punk ass doesn't deserve my prayers. he is the enemy! haha!

this game will get so out of hand that LeBeau will actually go out and play a few snaps...just to teach the Brownies a lesson. haha!

SteelCityKing
12-28-2008, 01:10 AM
We just have to make sure Shaun Rogers doesnt lay him out :flap:

i think LeBeau would stand right back up and slap him across the ass and say "way to tackle son...way to tackle!" haha!

HometownGal
12-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Hope your health insurance is paid up, Bruce. It's gonna suck to be you come 1:00 this afternoon.

steveironcity
12-28-2008, 08:41 AM
I dont care where hes from. He is going down. Hes dead to us once he donned that feces-inspired brown jersey

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 09:09 AM
I think I'm most curious about how well Lefty will play......

Fire Haley
12-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Do the Browns even have a back-up QB if Cribbs is hurt?

markymarc
12-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I could be wrong, but didn't Bruce end up with a 2.8 QB rating. Ouch that sucks.

lilyoder6
12-28-2008, 06:32 PM
he did not have a pretty day today