PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Audibles -is it 35 straight runs?

CycloneSteel
12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
How come he never audibles to anything other than a run? I know it's coming, the other team surely does -as the Titans did. What is up with that?

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
How come he never audibles to anything other than a run? I know it's coming, the other team surely does -as the Titans did. What is up with that?

if he didn't, they'd never run the ball! :wink02:

Roethlisberger Era
12-22-2008, 04:12 PM
It seems like everytime he calls an audible it's to that awful sprint draw play. One time Willie lost about 5 yards on it.

steelreserve
12-22-2008, 04:15 PM
He also never audibles to a fleaflicker. To me as a fan, that's disappointing.

I also think that, in order to make the fleaflicker more successful, a good plan would be to just come up to the line and shout: "FLEA-flicker! ... Flea-FLICKer!!!" during the snap count. The defense would never believe you were actually going to run it.

You know, all reverse psychology and shit.

Frankie3521
12-22-2008, 04:36 PM

I also think that, in order to make the fleaflicker more successful, a good plan would be to just come up to the line and shout: "FLEA-flicker! ... Flea-FLICKer!!!" during the snap count. The defense would never believe you were actually going to run it.

BRILLIANT!!!:drink::tt02::tt03:

Kvnfaber
12-22-2008, 04:52 PM
It seems like everytime he calls an audible it's to that awful sprint draw play. One time Willie lost about 5 yards on it.

And that 5 yard loss was an audible when there were at least 9 Titans in the box. I remember asking my brother, "what was he thinking?"

Where were the hot routes? Where were the quick slants and the quick outs???

Hapa
12-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Sometimes the audibles are scripted and don't actually do anything

xbroughneck
12-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I try not to be a negative nelly, but you are right here, When he audibles everybody knows it's a run.

After the first two times....I was at the sports bar and i said...."RUN PLAY" whenever he audibled. Guess what the result was.

That's on Ben and the OC. Plain and simple. Arians should be fired at the end of the season. Why? Because it's too hard to teach an old dog new tricks. He won't adjust.

Burghfan58
12-22-2008, 11:00 PM

The flea flicker won't work because Willie usually gets hit before he could flip it back to Ben.

steelreserve
12-22-2008, 11:09 PM
The flea flicker won't work because Willie usually gets hit before he could flip it back to Ben.

Well, at least he gets hit behind the line faster than Bettis.

jjpro11
12-23-2008, 01:49 AM
they need to take that delayed draw out of the playbook.. we have to be the worst team in the league at executing it and knowing when to run it.