PDA

View Full Version : Ward's 5 receptions short of 80 catches, 30 yards short of 1,000

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Will he get it?

Also he is 6 receptions short of 800 career receptions.

Polamalu43
12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Hhaha no doubt hine's will get it. As a matter a fact I say let ward get his and then rest him against the clowns.

Roethlisberger Era
12-22-2008, 03:14 PM
It depends how long the starters will play Sunday. I don't think he will get it because I only see the starters playing about one or two series.

steelreserve
12-22-2008, 03:17 PM
It depends how long the starters will play Sunday. I don't think he will get it because I only see the starters playing about one or two series.

The first two series should be all fleaflickers. There's always some guy wide open way down the field on a fleaflicker. And if not, there will be the next time, because they'd never expect you to run two fleaflickers in a row. It would blow their minds.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Will he get it?

Also he is 6 receptions short of 800 career receptions.

I don't care if Ward decides to leave the team tomorrow and become the Colgate toothpaste spokesperson as long as we win 3 straight playoff games.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 04:02 PM
:jawdrop: HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT ABOUT HINES WARD?????

What? It's not like he wouldn't be happy. I just don't care what his personal stats are or if he is even on the team, as logn as we win. But I do like him as a player.

NYC SteelersFan
12-22-2008, 04:35 PM
We'll need him to get to the superbowl.

This year, you damn right we need him. Could he be replaced for next season? Sure. Everyone on this team is replaceable, it's football after all, there are younger versions of these guys coming in every year.

Would I want him to be replaced? If you can promise we'll still win, I don't care either way. Not for Ward or any other player. As long as we win.

But I definitely like him as a player, without a doubt.

Fordy
12-26-2008, 01:19 PM
For his first 1,000 yard season since 2004. Since the game doesnt have a ton of meaning besides pride and wanting to beat the Stains this is another thing to root for on sunday:tt:

KeiselPower99
12-26-2008, 02:22 PM
And my guess is he will get it.

SaccMann
12-26-2008, 02:29 PM
For his first 1,000 yard season since 2004. Since the game doesnt have a ton of meaning besides pride and wanting to beat the Stains this is another thing to root for on sunday:tt:
Hi Fordy,
I imagine the Browns will be expecting this as well.
Watch for some tight early coverage on Hines.
He may not even get open till the second quarter.
By that time the Browns should have more serious concerns.

markymarc
12-26-2008, 02:53 PM
I didn't even realize Ward was that close to 1,000 receiving yards this year. I would be very surprised if he didn't get over the 1,000 yard mark. Just stay healthy Ward because we need you for the playoff push.

SteelCityKing
12-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Lol ok...but your not showing very high regard for him by saying you wouldnt care if he left the team. I dont care much for stats either, but i think the man deserves another 1,000 yard season under his belt. Im sure he doesnt care much for stats either. We'll need him to get to the superbowl.

regardless of his stats this year, he's still a record holder for a winning team. i don't want the guy to leave...period. BUT, when the time comes, i hope he leaves on a high note and with "Hall of Fame!" being chanted by the crowd. because, we all know THAT is going to happen. =)

hell, i would even love to see Hines retire, take a few years off, and come back as a wide receivers coach for Pittsburgh or even a broadcaster next to Bettis. whatever he does, i hope he stays involved in the Black and Gold. am i right?

stillers4me
12-26-2008, 05:18 PM
hell, i would even love to see Hines retire, take a few years off, and come back as a wide receivers coach for Pittsburgh or even a broadcaster next to Bettis. whatever he does, i hope he stays involved in the Black and Gold. am i right?

From all the TV experience Hines is getting on the side, I'm sure he has his eye on a seat next to Cowher. And I bet he gets it.

SteelCityKing
12-26-2008, 05:20 PM
From all the TV experience Hines is getting on the side, I'm sure he has his eye on a seat next to Cowher. And I bet he gets it.

i really wouldn't mind that at all. aslong as he doesn't sit next to Stan Savran...who looks like an 80-year-old Alfred E. Newman...and those tools on FSN Pittsburgh! haha!

i'd be jacked to think he'd end his career with another team ala Favre! but i bet he'll stay a Steeler and they'll pay for him to stay. =)

markymarc
12-27-2008, 02:02 PM

I definitely see Ward going into TV or coaching. No matter where he goes he will be very successful. I'd love Ward to go on ESPN and show those tools outside of Ditka how it's done right.

SteelCityKing
12-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Ditka is a punk. a smug peice of turd punk...but Deion and Shannon Sharpe are worse. haha!

Fordy
12-28-2008, 10:44 PM
CongraTS on 1,000 yard season, Hines!!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/31/fullj.5de7ba8a4ceafba07ba638d334e323b9/5de7ba8a4ceafba07ba638d334e323b9-getty-81705394gs018_cleveland_bro.jpg

:salute::jammin:

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Congrats to one of the best all around WR's the Steelers and the NFL have ever seen! :applaudit::tt02: