PDA

View Full Version : Ben appreciation thread

siss
12-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Can we just for one moment appreciate the man we have under center. We should appreciate that Tommy Maddox, Kordel Stewart or Kent Graham is no longer on the team. Appreciate that the youngest QB to ever win a Super Bowl is on our side. Further more, appreciate the fact that Ben is the only Quarterback to ever win 50 games in his first 5 years. We should also appreciate the fact that Ben can look like Elway when we need him to. We should also appreciate that Ben can turn it up in the 4th quarter and make plays when he has to.
This complaining about him is getting old. Ben is our QB for better or for worse and as we get ready to make a run at the playoffs, I think its time that fans stop complaing and appreciate the guy under Center.

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::t t03::tt03::tt03:

Ricco Suavez
12-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Believe me I agree with you 100%, but if we are going to call out people for all the posts where Ben is blasted, then a post like this just open up a can of worms. Not coming down on you just know how this will go from the past. I think Ben is the greatest thing to happen to Steeler football since the 70's, but a thread like this after a four turnover game is bound to bring grief.

siss
12-22-2008, 08:36 PM
We are appreciating Bens body of work thus far in his career not just one bad (okay horrible) game.

MACH1
12-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Wait.......wait for it.......wait......
Here come the stat police.

We wouldn't have half the wins without him, but I've been told the stats don't lie. :rolleyes:

SteelersMongol
12-22-2008, 08:49 PM
I still love Ben. Well, I'm a guy, so ... I still like Ben. :wink02: A lot. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-22-2008, 08:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

good luck with the thread, siss.

i expect several members to come take a dump in it as soon as they see it. infact, theyve practically proclaimed it their duty. :poop:

its not like anyone is saying benisgod or anything.

siss
12-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Then off with there heads. If they cant appreciate our franchise QB then they should go root for the Bengals or the Lions.

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2008, 09:02 PM
If I had to choose between any quarterbacks in the league to be on my Football team, I'd take Ben over any of them any day of the week.

MaidenIndiana
12-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Hey! Ben had a bad game Sunday, sorry but that happens. Everyone has bad days. I'll still take Big Ben any day of the week. When it's time to make a play, he's shown that he is more than able to do what needs to be done. For all the people bashing him I got news for you, we wouldn't be worth a s**t without him.

Avoid Lloyd95
12-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Its really pathetic and hilarious to hear people bash Ben. For one, is the first QB since Bradshaw who I feel good about dropping back in the 4th quarter playing from behind. Stats don't quantify that.

He had a bad game Sunday. All QB's do this 3-4 times a year unless your name is Brady and he does it 1-2 times a year.

Its something worth arguing about on a message board but we all know Ben will be our QB for the next decade, thank God....

millwalldavey
12-22-2008, 09:29 PM
I'll take Ben anyday over 31 other starters.

Glace
12-22-2008, 09:35 PM
I love Ben, and agree that I wouldn't want anybody else over him in the league.

He's just been frustrating me this year, and it's not all his fault, and he can't shoulder all the blame. He's playing scared this year because our line is about useless. He was finally starting to build up some confidence again, and our line showed once again how pathetic they really are in Tennessee.

Ben's potential is limitless, assuming he gets the chance to be great. No other QB in the league...not even Brady...could have strung together the wins that we have this year.

tony hipchest
12-22-2008, 09:47 PM
ben was hurt again in the titans game. everyone knows his shoulder has been messed up,

BUT has anyone mentionned the effort he gave to run across the field and attempt to tackle griffin on the final pick 6 int?

he laid out with absolutely no regard to his body.

dudes a baller i would go into battle with any day.

other than moore (who got badly juked), i only saw a bunch of fat and tired linemen jogging in the direction of the ball carrier.

X-Terminator
12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Sorry, but this thread is not allowed, and may the OP receive 50 lashes with a wet noodle for daring to promote such positive thinking about Ben. He's mediocre and should be benched for Leftwich or traded to the Browns for Brady Quinn. :coffee:

:wink02: :chuckle:

steelreserve
12-22-2008, 09:57 PM
I'll take Ben anyday over 31 other starters.

At once?

Hmm, wait a second ... 53 roster spots ... 31 QBs ... that leaves room for 10 other guys on offense, 10 on defense, plus a punter and a kicker. That might just be crazy enough to work!

siss
12-22-2008, 10:01 PM
We could just clone Ben 52 times...the team would go undefeated!

steelreserve
12-22-2008, 10:02 PM
We could just clone Ben 52 times...the team would go undefeated!

That team would be AWESOME at fleaflickers.

Steelersfan4life0655
12-22-2008, 10:14 PM
ben's the man!! still need his jersey. but really ben gets shit on way too much and it's really not fair. damn media slobbers over his dick for the last 5 weeks and now they turn on him like a wild animal. i think alot of people forget hes human and going to make mistakes. I would rather take his gutsy plays over stat players anyday. Stats dont always win games for you.

siss
12-22-2008, 10:17 PM
ben's the man!! still need his jersey. but really ben gets shit on way too much and it's really not fair. damn media slobbers over his dick for the last 5 weeks and now they turn on him like a wild animal. i think alot of people forget hes human and going to make mistakes. I would rather take his gutsy plays over stat players anyday. Stats dont always win games for you.

You didnt get the memo did you? The QB of the Steelers isnt allowed to be mortal...we expect Super to be under center and god forbid should he throw an interception!

stillers4me
12-22-2008, 10:19 PM
My vote goes for Ben.

I saw that mad scramble to tackle yesterday.......reminded me of the one in Indy in '04. 'Cept we won that one and he was a hero.

I'll still keep him.

tony hipchest
12-22-2008, 10:20 PM
We could just clone Ben 52 times...the team would go undefeated!*shudders*

then we have to worry about ben the qb, ben the rb, ben the wr, AND ben the kr's fumbling the ball away. thats my only gripe with ben. way too careless with the ball in his hand.

i'll take 52 wards though....

steel striker
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Alot of people on this board over react after a loss and, blame Ben for everything. Sure Ben did not have a great game but, we did not need that game and, we have mae through this tough season with the #2 seed. If I said to you we got the #2 seed at the begiing of the season most people i know would say I'll take and run.

Now we are talking about crazy steeler fans! lol Where the qb has to play perfect because he set the bar so high. Let's forget about the classless titians and, get ready for the playoff run.

The Duke
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
WTF? Get this thread out of this forum and make a "Ben Sucks" thread right now!! :chuckle:

siss
12-22-2008, 11:07 PM
So far we have three pages of Ben appreciation...Im just as suprised as you are!

NYC SteelersFan
12-23-2008, 03:02 AM
WTF? Get this thread out of this forum and make a "Ben Sucks" thread right now!! :chuckle:

What about a "Parker secretly works for the defense's of the other 31 NFL teams"? I can start that thread if you want.

wvsportsman
12-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Its really pathetic and hilarious to hear people bash Ben. For one, is the first QB since Bradshaw who I feel good about dropping back in the 4th quarter playing from behind. Stats don't quantify that.

He had a bad game Sunday. All QB's do this 3-4 times a year unless your name is Brady and he does it 1-2 times a year.

Its something worth arguing about on a message board but we all know Ben will be our QB for the next decade, thank God.... :drink:

DACEB
12-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Best QB we've had in decades! Best QB, first 5 years in the league! Youngest to win a superbowl. Big Ben = big balls! No quit!

That said, he still needs to learn a few things. Ball protection being a priority, situational play also (the recent spikes were questionable). I'll still take him and his contract for years to come!

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 09:51 AM
could we clone harrison and make that our offensive line???that way we know ben would be protected and not get hurt...lol

drizze99
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
What exactly did Ben do to win the SB? I give him 120% credit for getting us there but Ben did not win us the SB. This is that whole thing where you give credit where credit is due and Ben should not get any credit for "winning" the SB.

All in all, I do like Ben but some of you on this forum are a bit delusional when it comes to Ben. You want to give him credit for everything and give him a free pass when stinks up the joint. The latter is what I find comical.

MACH1
12-23-2008, 10:06 AM
What exactly did Ben do to win the SB? I give him 120% credit for getting us there but Ben did not win us the SB. This is that whole thing where you give credit where credit is due and Ben should not get any credit for "winning" the SB.

All in all, I do like Ben but some of you on this forum are a bit delusional when it comes to Ben. You want to give him credit for everything and give him a free pass when stinks up the joint. The latter is what I find comical.

That didn't take long. :yawn:

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 10:08 AM
That didn't take long. :yawn:

Longer than I expected, actually. :coffee:

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 10:11 AM
maybe the naysayers are getting tired..lol...

vasteeler
12-23-2008, 10:14 AM

dude, nobodys giving him a free pass on the game sunday if you would ead the post you would see that

stlrtruck
12-23-2008, 10:21 AM
I appreciate Ben for what he's done for this team. Even in the Super Bowl, he made some timely throws that helped the team out. Was he perfect, nope, but he did a job good enough to win the game.

He's definitely still got some growing and learning to do as far as reading defenses and learning when to relenquish the ball to the out of bounds instead of waiting, but then again it's also that holding on to the ball that has helped us win games. I'd take the latter anyday along with the negatives that come with it.

Pound for pound, Roethlisberger is the toughest QB in the league!

And I am very thankful that the toughest QB in the league appropriately wears the BLACK AND GOLD!

X-Terminator
12-23-2008, 10:34 AM

You're free to find me ONE person who gave him a free pass for his game on Sunday. Just one. And no, people putting some of the blame on the OL or the lack of a rushing game is not an example. Apparently, when they lose, he has to take ALL of the blame, and that is equally comical.

Vincent
12-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I've been a fan since the days of JHJ.

Ben is the real deal. I love the kid. I agree with the others that have said they'd take Ben over all the others. Its a "no brainer".

Stats, yes. 1st 5 years, AFCCs, SB, come back games, perfect games????? Nobody has this kid's resume.

Health, league "dynamics", surrounding cast notwithstanding - he can be the best of all time. He stated that as his goal in his rookie year.

Here's a fantasy to consider. We all saw what Cassel did with that team this year. Imagine Ben in the same circumstance. Yeah, a 153 QB rating.

I will grant you that he made some bonehead decisions in Tennessee. He's human. But I'm real glad he's our QB.

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2008, 11:30 AM

Lets see, what did Ben do that post season to help us even get to the Super Bowl

vs the Bengals, who had a 10 point lead. 14/19 for 208 yards and 3 Tds
vs the Colts, 14/24 197 yards 2 tds and 1 int...Oh yeah..and THE TACKLE!
vs the Broncos, 21/29 275 yards and 3 tds, 1 rushing.

Yeah, he had a horrible game in his first Super Bowl, but if he doesn't short arm that throw to Wilson, that was returned almost all the way back, we go up 21-3 and that game is over in the 3rd. He had a horrible game that day, but without his great play up to that game, we don't sniff the playoffs.

T.Richardson
12-23-2008, 11:36 AM

:blah:

a few bad games, some of you g uys act like great QBs dont have bad games.

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 12:26 PM
:blah:

a few bad games, some of you g uys act like great QBs dont have bad games.

he doesn't put up great fantasy numbers like Favre & Brees & Rivers...oh wait, none of those guys will be playing in January .

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Lets see, what did Ben do that post season to help us even get to the Super Bowl

vs the Bengals, who had a 10 point lead. 14/19 for 208 yards and 3 Tds
vs the Colts, 14/24 197 yards 2 tds and 1 int...Oh yeah..and THE TACKLE!
vs the Broncos, 21/29 275 yards and 3 tds, 1 rushing.

Yeah, he had a horrible game in his first Super Bowl, but if he doesn't short arm that throw to Wilson, that was returned almost all the way back, we go up 21-3 and that game is over in the 3rd. He had a horrible game that day, but without his great play up to that game, we don't sniff the playoffs.

Once again, look at the numbers. The defense and running game were rated in the top ten that year. Without them, we don't sniff the playoffs.

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 12:56 PM
maybe the naysayers are getting tired..lol...

Actually, no. I could debate this all day. I can regurgitate facts or numbers just as well as anyone else. I have no problem with the comments about loving him and wanting him as our QB. That's being a fan. But when you make the comment that there is no other QB in the league you'd want under center, that makes me question your football knowledge. You think he's cute......great. But when you let your crush make comments like that....I can't take you seriously.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Actually, no. I could debate this all day. I can regurgitate facts or numbers just as well as anyone else. I have no problem with the comments about loving him and wanting him as our QB. That's being a fan. But when you make the comment that there is no other QB in the league you'd want under center, that makes me question your football knowledge. You think he's cute......great. But when you let your crush make comments like that....I can't take you seriously.
well you are an exception to the rule. we all know your deep hate for ben.

oh wait, i would much rather have tony romo, he is a great qb and get you to the playoffs... oh yes, you are the football god, everyone else is stupid and dont know what they are talking about. my bad.

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:03 PM
well you are an exception to the rule. we all know your deep hate for ben.

actually, maybe on this forum I'm an exception. I must speak Swahili or something. I don't hate Ben. I just wish he'd stop the BS. He's got the talent to be one of the best in the league. But in my honest opinion, I'd say he's only had one good year. That being last year. And the constant crap about 4th quarter comebacks? Please....that doesn't impress me much. To me, it could very well be an issue of not playing all four quarters. All the nonsense about the most wins in his first five years? I'd love to see him on another team that doesn't have a top 10 defense every year or top 10 running game every year.....I dont hate him, I don't think he sucks nor do I route against him. But he gets way too much credit for the success this team has had over the last 5 years. And once again, comparing him to what we've had since Bradshaw, I am appreciative. But that's not saying much is it?

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 01:16 PM
knew it was just a matter of time....

people just can't speak highly of Ben, it drives him insane!

Hello? It's life calling...please pick up!

Avoid Lloyd95
12-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Lambert,

Who in the league would you want over Ben? The only person I would even consider is Brady, not that it would ever happen and I hate that piece of crap.

Ben is a top 5 QB in the NFL at best, top 10 at the worst.

You're right, saying Ben is better than what we've had since Bradshaw is not saying much in itself, but it proves our point as to how valuable he is. We have a young franchise QB here under contract who should get better over the next 4 years, I couldn't be happier

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:21 PM
knew it was just a matter of time....

people just can't speak highly of Ben, it drives him insane!

Hello? It's life calling...please pick up!

You're the one choosing to suck the d*ck of a quarterback who gives the ball away more than puts points on the board and I'm the one who needs a life? I hope livin' in Momma's basement is all it's cracked up to be.

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 01:23 PM
:popcorn:

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:24 PM

LOL!

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 01:27 PM
You're the one choosing to suck the d*ck of a quarterback who gives the ball away more than puts points on the board and I'm the one who needs a life? I hope livin' in Momma's basement is all it's cracked up to be.

as a Ray Ray fan, you'd know all about the basement Mr. Raven.

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:32 PM
as a Ray Ray fan, you'd know all about the basement Mr. Raven.

name one MLB that we've had better than Ray Lewis since '96?

revefsreleets
12-23-2008, 01:33 PM
With our line, who WOULD you want back there instead? Ben is elusive and has eyes in the back of his head the way I haven't seen in another QB since Marino.

Manning (either)? Hell no! Too immobile.
Brady? See above.
Maybe a scrambling QB, but who? Running QB's almsot always can't read defenses or throw the ball.

I don't think it's beinga homer to say that Ben is a perfect fit for this current D because most QB's would be on the IR by now after being sacked 70 times+

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 01:39 PM
With our line, who WOULD you want back there instead? Ben is elusive and has eyes in the back of his head the way I haven't seen in another QB since Marino.

Manning (either)? Hell no! Too immobile.
Brady? See above.
Maybe a scrambling QB, but who? Running QB's almsot always can't read defenses or throw the ball.

I don't think it's beinga homer to say that Ben is a perfect fit for this current D because most QB's would be on the IR by now after being sacked 70 times+

Hey Rev....at least you put in better terms. But elusive? Sacked 45 times or more the last three years doesn't qualify Ben as elusive by any means. And having a career high in fumbles and his second worst year for INT's? There are several QB's I'd take over Ben. Ones that can hold onto the ball.

MACH1
12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
:yawn:

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2008, 04:41 PM

I can name a bunch not accused of Murder.

But I like James Farrior just fine the way he is. Big Farrior fan.

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2008, 04:42 PM
By the Way...

GO GET EM BEN! Go Play Lights Out for 4 More Games and Lets Get This Thing DONE!

WOOHOO BEN!

:tt02::tt::tt03:

:tt::tt03::tt02:

:tt03::tt02::tt:

SteelCurtain7
12-23-2008, 04:43 PM
YEAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! for Ben!!!!!!!

:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::helmet:

LambertIsGod58
12-23-2008, 07:05 PM
I can name a bunch not accused of Murder.

But I like James Farrior just fine the way he is. Big Farrior fan.

accused being the key word....but since you were there and saw exactly what did and DID NOT happen, I'll take your word for it. You are so obtuse that you let your hatred for a rival team/player sway your way of thinking.

steelreserve
12-23-2008, 07:11 PM
accused being the key word....but since you were there and saw exactly what did and DID NOT happen, I'll take your word for it. You are so obtuse that you let your hatred for a rival team/player sway your way of thinking.

Hey, man, one time I was just checking out at the supermarket and minding my own business, and then out of nowhere, Ray Lewis ran up and stabbed a guy. I think that's what he does.

lilyoder6
12-23-2008, 08:40 PM
i would have 2 say that ray lewis is a great mlb and seems to be a great motivator.. it does suck that he has the rep about the murder but still he is a great player that i would say that evryone tho not admitting would of liked to have ray on the steelers

MACH1
12-23-2008, 08:56 PM

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 09:00 PM
ray lewis > jack lambert

devilsdancefloor
12-23-2008, 09:06 PM

lol wait wait wait you are ythe one who wants FARVE (mr int) or homo erm Romo (mr choke)over ben. Man you need to change you log name man to farveisgod4 you are disgracing lamberts name.He stood up for his team mates at all cost, you on the other hand want to throw them under the bus.

devilsdancefloor
12-23-2008, 09:32 PM

Levon Kirkland and i will add another James Farrior

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 10:06 PM
london fletcher > ray lewis

too bad he didnt participate in any murders to draw attention to himself.

players like cornelius bennett and brian urlacher blow ray lewis away.

and lewis sucked so bad as an "mlb" he cried for a system change cause he needed the big men up fron to "shed blockers".

lmao. that kreider pancake brought him back to reality.

Steelman16
12-23-2008, 10:22 PM
london fletcher > ray lewis

too bad he didnt participate in any murders to draw attention to himself.

players like cornelius bennett and brian urlacher blow ray lewis away.

and lewis sucked so bad as an "mlb" he cried for a system change cause he needed the big men up fron to "shed blockers".

lmao. that kreider pancake brought him back to reality.

Heck, even he can't even break a block from "Sucky" Willie Parker. :chuckle:

tyler289
12-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I think Ray-Ray is overrated because he is such an emotional leader for that team (as well as a vocal leader).

He's a fantastic linebacker and has been a top 5 inside linebacker for years.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 07:48 AM
lol wait wait wait you are ythe one who wants FARVE (mr int) or homo erm Romo (mr choke)over ben. Man you need to change you log name man to farveisgod4 you are disgracing lamberts name.He stood up for his team mates at all cost, you on the other hand want to throw them under the bus.

First of all, I don't try to be Lambert. There's only one. So that analogy failed miserably. Second, I would take Romo over Ben. And I might even take Favre over him even at this stage of his career. They are both outplaying Ben this season. As I
ve said, you ask for much out of your franchise QB, that's your choice. I however would ask him to put more TD's on the board instead of turning t he ball over. And I'd also ask him to play more than just the 4th quarter.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 07:49 AM
ray lewis > jack lambert

Some people make that argument....and you agree. It's duly noted.

HometownGal
12-24-2008, 07:57 AM
I totally appreciate Big Ben and what he has meant to this team and franchise. While I don't like turnovers in any way, shape or form, I realize that the man is HUMAN and just like us, capable of error. How many of us have bad days on the job? :doh:

How soon some of you haters forget how many games this man has brought us back from with his gut, grit and determination.

Go into the playoffs with a positive 'tude (playoffs that many of us didn't feel would happen this season due to that brutal schedule) and get behind our QB instead of finding fault and wanting to lynch him.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 08:05 AM
I totally appreciate Big Ben and what he has meant to this team and franchise. While I don't like turnovers in any way, shape or form, I realize that the man is HUMAN and just like us, capable of error. How many of us have bad days on the job? :doh:

How soon some of you haters forget how many games this man has brought us back from with his gut, grit and determination.

Go into the playoffs with a positive 'tude (playoffs that many of us didn't feel would happen this season due to that brutal schedule) and get behind our QB instead of finding fault and wanting to lynch him.

HTG, take away our defense and this team would be lucky to finish 8-8. Especially with this schedule. I don't understand why so many "lovers" want to give him so much credit. Lebeau and the defense deserve it so much more. And I also find it concerning that Ben locks this huge contract and has had a mediocre season. As I said, the Steelers and Ben would be nothing without the defense this year. Maybe we should move to officially change the Steelers name to "Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers"?:noidea:

siss
12-24-2008, 08:43 AM
HTG, take away our defense and this team would be lucky to finish 8-8. Especially with this schedule. I don't understand why so many "lovers" want to give him so much credit. Lebeau and the defense deserve it so much more. And I also find it concerning that Ben locks this huge contract and has had a mediocre season. As I said, the Steelers and Ben would be nothing without the defense this year. Maybe we should move to officially change the Steelers name to "Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers"?:noidea:
We are appreciating Ben on this thread. Not complaining about about him when the team is 11-4. No is perfect including ( and I know this is news to you) the Quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Go cheer for the Lions or someone!

stlrtruck
12-24-2008, 08:49 AM

You're right, our defense deserves a lot of credit for the way they've kept this team's collective arses above water and in the playoff hunt and to the #2 seed. However, with a lesser QB it wouldn't have mattered what the hell our defense did.

As I mentioned before it takes a team effort and yes the QB, for every team, is going to be in the limelight, especially when they are making major bills! Look at Manning a few years ago when he bitched and moaned about the loss to Pittsburgh in the playoffs - what did he do? He blamed his offensive lineman. Now fast forward to today and look at Ben and all the losses he's had. Has he once blamed anyone but himself. The man is harder on himself than the media or the fans.

And again, our defense deserves to be put on the offenses shoulders and carried off the field. But without Ben, I guarantee that we wouldn't be in the playoffs this year.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 08:51 AM
`I have a questioln for you since you just love to harp on Ben.

Who would you like to be QB other then Ben. because it seems to me that unless yinzers are complaining there not happy. So what would make you happy when it comes to our QB?

I would take Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Tony Romo. Possibly take Jay Cutler, Brett Favre and Matt Cassel. Cassel does have the ability to scramble and throw. Now let me ask you a question....Why wouldn't you take any other QB as 20 or more QB's are outplaying him this season?

HometownGal
12-24-2008, 08:53 AM

I give credit where credit is due, hon, and Ben is just as much a part of this winning season as the D is. Sure he's made mistakes, but really - who on that team hasn't made them here and there? Our D has been outstanding for the majority of the season and has kept us in a lot of games, but they've had their bad games too (as evidenced last Sunday). You win as a team and lose as a team, but with a game on the line and the seconds ticking away, my money is on #7 to finish the job as he's done so many times since the day he put his cleats on that field. :hatsoff:

siss
12-24-2008, 08:56 AM
I would take Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Tony Romo. Possibly take Jay Cutler, Brett Favre and Matt Cassel. Cassel does have the ability to scramble and throw. Now let me ask you a question....Why wouldn't you take any other QB as 20 or more QB's are outplaying him this season?

I could care less how 20 other QB's compare to Ben this year. Those other QB's didnt have the toughest schedule in the league. They didnt play the top defenses week in and week out. They didn't play with a seperate shoulder or with a offensive line that resembles turnstyles. Statistics don't win games and when it comes down to the last play, I want Ben with the ball in his hands period. end of story. There is not one QB inthe league that I want more then Ben in Black and Gold.:tt03:

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 09:06 AM
LambertisGod,
Probably a waste of time, but I'll go ahead and type it anyway...

The organization understands something that you apparently do not; namely that we win and lose as a team, not as individuals or units.
Ben deserves neither the lion's share of the blame or the credit.

No, not a waste of time. I totally agree. When I say things like you quoted me are in response to Ben either getting the credit or a free pass.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 09:13 AM
I could care less how 20 other QB's compare to Ben this year. Those other QB's didnt have the toughest schedule in the league. They didnt play the top defenses week in and week out. They didn't play with a seperate shoulder or with a offensive line that resembles turnstyles. Statistics don't win games and when it comes down to the last play, I want Ben with the ball in his hands period. end of story. There is not one QB inthe league that I want more then Ben in Black and Gold.:tt03:

Did you pull yourself away from another intriguing article in TEENBEAT magazine to make this post? You can sweat Ben all you want....doesn't change the facts. He IS being outplayed by QB's who shouldn't be doing so. And the mere fact that you don't care makes you a blind homer. And that's fine, but that's what you are. And don't give me the BS about the schedule or his injuries. First, if Ben is as great as you say he is he'd shred any and all competition. That's what TOP FIVE QB's should be doing IMO. And he's ranked in the lower half of the league. Second, if he's SO hurt then I guess he shouldn't be playing. It doesn't give him a pass in my book. Would you be so apt to defend our QB if he looked like Jeff Garcia? That's what pisses me off. Your hormones have nothing to do with this argument.....so do us all a favor and keep em' out of it.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 09:14 AM
LambertisGod,
Probably a waste of time, but I'll go ahead and type it anyway...

The organization understands something that you apparently do not; namely that we win and lose as a team, not as individuals or units.
Ben deserves neither the lion's share of the blame or the credit.

And do yourself a favor....read the thread title and it's post before you open your mouth.

tony hipchest
12-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Some people make that argument....and you agree. It's duly noted.i dont agree with that statement.... i say it mockingly.

....Why wouldn't you take any other QB as 20 or more QB's are outplaying him this season?

fantasy football mentality strikes again.

you would take jay cutler or kerry collins? thats fine. i'd sure as hell take ben behind their lines.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 09:20 AM
i dont agree with that statement.... i say it mockingly.

fantasy football mentality strikes again.

you would take jay cutler or kerry collins? thats fine. i'd sure as hell take ben behind their lines.

Why not? Based on your logic Kerry Collins is having just as good a year as Ben. And I know you were being sarcastic, as was I.

Dino 6 Rings
12-24-2008, 09:22 AM
WOOHOO!

LETS GO BEN!

:tt03::tt::tt02:

:tt::tt02::tt03:

:tt02::tt03::tt:

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Touchy, touchy... :coffee:
The gist I get from the OP is that Ben doesn't deserve half the s*&t people like you flip him, and FWIW I agree with the assessment. This statement:

merely highlights your lack of understanding of the concept that even the world's best QB can't carry the load himself. All of the stats generated that you cite are generated by the TEAM. You take whoever you consider to be the #1 QB in the league and put him under center, you're still gonna end up in the same place, probably worse.
And you'd probably re-consider your personnel change and think you misjudged his abilities. And you'd be wrong once again.

Don't be mad just 'cuz people don't share your opinion. We are where we are; 11-4 with a first round bye. I'm not complaining.:hatsoff:

I don't care whether or not people share my opinion on this. For those of you who think Ben is the only QB to achieve success with this team are sadly mistaken. That's all. The few opinions that I do care about on this board, understand where I'm coming from whether or not they agree. And that's cool with me.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Touchy, touchy... :coffee:
The gist I get from the OP is that Ben doesn't deserve half the s*&t people like you flip him, and FWIW I agree with the assessment. This statement:

merely highlights your lack of understanding of the concept that even the world's best QB can't carry the load himself. All of the stats generated that you cite are generated by the TEAM. You take whoever you consider to be the #1 QB in the league and put him under center, you're still gonna end up in the same place, probably worse.
And you'd probably re-consider your personnel change and think you misjudged his abilities. And you'd be wrong once again.

Don't be mad just 'cuz people don't share your opinion. We are where we are; 11-4 with a first round bye. I'm not complaining.:hatsoff:

So what does a TOP FIVE QB do then? If it's not stats. Please don't give me the nonsense of being a leader. Show me a top 5 QB in your opinion, other than Ben, who has turned the ball over more this year than putting TDs on the board. You won't find one.

devilsdancefloor
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
]And do yourself a favor....read the thread title and it's post before you open your mouth.

um take you own advice! If you dont have anthing to add about the APPRECIATION of ben GTFO of the thread!

MACH1
12-24-2008, 10:22 AM
So what does a TOP FIVE QB do then? If it's not stats. Please don't give me the nonsense of being a leader. Show me a top 5 QB in your opinion, other than Ben, who has turned the ball over more this year than putting TDs on the board. You won't find one.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 10:25 AM
]

um take you own advice! If you dont have anthing to add about the APPRECIATION of ben GTFO of the thread!

Go back to your Star Trek convention and tell Captain Kirk all about your love and devotion to Ben. Maybe he'll understand and appreciate it.

MACH1
12-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Go back to your Star Trek convention and tell Captain Kirk all about your love and devotion to Ben. Maybe he'll understand and appreciate it.

TackleMeBen
12-24-2008, 10:32 AM
You put any of the QBs you consider "top 5" in Detroit and I guarantee you his numbers will suck.

they wouldnt just suck, they would get killed playing in detroit.:chuckle:

MACH1
12-24-2008, 10:45 AM
they wouldnt just suck, they would get killed playing in detroit.:chuckle:

I'd love to see what peyton could do behind our o-line, besides get killed. I don't think he'd last to long back there, let alone take the hits that Ben has and keep coming back.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 10:46 AM
And a little less of this, please. The personal attacks are unwarranted and tiresome.:coffee:

how is that a personal attack? Does he or does he not have a picture of Darth Vadar as his avatar? But I guess GTFO of the thread isn't personal. :coffee: And I'll continue to post as freely as I ever have. I don't feel inclined to need your blessing as to what , when, where and what I post. But thanks for the effort.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 10:47 AM
I'd love to see what peyton could do behind our o-line, besides get killed. I don't think he'd last to long back there, let alone take the hits that Ben has and keep coming back.

Yeah, maybe so. But he also wouldn't turn the ball over like that either.

MACH1
12-24-2008, 10:47 AM
how is that a personal attack? Does he or does he not have a picture of Darth Vadar as his avatar? But I guess GTFO of the thread isn't personal. :coffee: And I'll continue to post as freely as I ever have. I don't feel inclined to need your blessing as to what , when, where and what I post. But thanks for the effort.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 10:48 AM

how mature....but I honestly didn't expect anything else.

MACH1
12-24-2008, 10:48 AM
how mature....but I honestly didn't expect anything else.

Rick5895
12-24-2008, 11:02 AM
IN '79 Bradshaw threw something like 26 pics. The fumbles hurt us against the Titans, which is more of a result of bad O LIne play and Ben trying to make those plays. In 1979 we won the Super Bowl, just like we will this season and the MVP like 79 will be the QB, Big Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MACH1
12-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Yeah, maybe so. But he also wouldn't turn the ball over like that either.

No he wouldn't because he'd be laying in a hospital bed. Kinda hard to fumble when your not even in the game.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Unsupported statement of fact. You sack anybody that many times and he's gonna fumble occasionally.

T.Richardson
12-24-2008, 11:46 AM

:coffee:

devilsdancefloor
12-24-2008, 11:49 AM

:binky:

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I did a comparison to those QB's you wouldn't want running our offense. I thought it was interesting. But I guess it's not fair since they all have better O-lines than we do.

Brees 30TDs 17 TOs +13
Manning, P 27 TDs 12 TOs +15
Romo 26TDs 18 TO's +8
Cutler 26 TDs 18TOs +8
Favre 22 TDs 21TOs +1
Manning, E 22TDs 12 TOs +10
Rivers 32 TDs 15TOs +12
Cassel 23 TDs 15TOs +8
Garcia 12 TDs 7 TOs +5
Rodgers 29 TDs 16 TOs +13
Warner 26 TDs 19 TOs + 7
Delhomme 16 TDs 15 TOs +1

Roethlisberger 19TDs 21 TOs -2

Top 5 QB? I'd have to say not this year anyway.

T.Richardson
12-24-2008, 11:53 AM
I did a comparison to those QB's you wouldn't want running our offense. I thought it was interesting. But I guess it's not fair since they all have better O-lines than we do.

Brees 30TDs 17 TOs +13
Manning, P 27 TDs 12 TOs +15
Romo 26TDs 18 TO's +8
Cutler 26 TDs 18TOs +8
Favre 22 TDs 21TOs +1
Manning, E 22TDs 12 TOs +10
Rivers 32 TDs 15TOs +12
Cassel 23 TDs 15TOs +8
Garcia 12 TDs 7 TOs +5
Rodgers 29 TDs 16 TOs +13
Warner 26 TDs 19 TOs + 7
Delhomme 16 TDs 15 TOs +1

Roethlisberger 19TDs 21 TOs -2

Top 5 QB? I'd have to say not this year anyway.

Who said he was a top 5 QB? There are like 10 other QBs who are better statistically.

Dr. Steel
12-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Romo has fumbled 30 times in his career and lost 10.

Ben has fumbled 32 times in his career and lost 15.

Ben has played in more games. So Romo is a worse fumble machine then Ben in my opinion since Romo has played in less games.

I agree the fumbles with Ben are a somewhat alarming since 23 of those 32 fumbles have happened in the last two seasons. But Ben can easily fix his fumble problem by just holding onto the football better. In 2006 Ben fumbled 5 times and lost two and that the motorcycle season were Ben clearly wasn't right most of the season. I just think the whole offense is the problem and not just Ben.

As for INT's. Hey every QB throws them and yes Ben has thrown them at some very bad times in games this season but still he doesn't have a WR that can dictate coverage like a TO or Randy Moss. Put Ben in the Cowboys or Pats offense and you will see a much better QB.

I don't think Ben is perfect by no means and he still needs some work. But he gives 110 percent and lays it all on the line for this team. As a fan that is all I can ask. I'm glad Ben is the QB for this team and I can't imagine what kind of QB he could be with an offensive line that is actually worth a damn and some wide receivers that could actually dictate coverage.I love Hines Ward and I'm not knocking him but his physical skills doesn't scare a corner like T.O. or Randy Moss does. Or even Steve Smith.

STEELADY
12-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Ben is the best thing to happen to Picksburgh since Perogis, chipped ham, gum bands, redding up and my mom!!! He is my HERO! I don't live there anymore but i sure am thankful that he is the quarterback of the greatest sports franchise that ever was!! All of my friends come from different areas and they have nothing but pure envy in their hearts when i talk about him, so put that in your pipe and smoke it!

fansince'76
12-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree the fumbles with Ben are a somewhat alarming since 23 of those 32 fumbles have happened in the last two seasons. But Ben can easily fix his fumble problem by just holding onto the football better.

And sliding instead of going head first into piles. That always scares the hell out of me when he does that.

STEELADY
12-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to say...new member here from Manassas Virginia. Hi ALL. GOOOOOOO Steelers!!!

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Ben is the best thing to happen to Picksburgh since Perogis, chipped ham, gum bands, redding up and my mom!!! He is my HERO! I don't live there anymore but i sure am thankful that he is the quarterback of the greatest sports franchise that ever was!! All of my friends come from different areas and they have nothing but pure envy in their hearts when i talk about him, so put that in your pipe and smoke it!

you know, I never knew I had Ben all wrong until I found out that YOUR friends were envious. Why did you come around here weeks ago and give me that pertinent information? You could have saved alot of aggravation for all of us.:coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I agree.

Drew Brees: Watching the SB at home.
Peyton Manning: Will be playing an away game in the first round.
Tony Romo: Watching the SB at home.
Jay Cutler: Will be playing in the first round if he doesn't lose this week....

Get the picture?

I get the picture.....We're lucky we have the defense we do. Or Ben would be sitting by Romo's side.

devilsdancefloor
12-24-2008, 12:08 PM

http://xs434.xs.to/xs434/08523/stfu_and_gtfo852.jpg

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 12:10 PM
http://xs434.xs.to/xs434/08523/stfu_and_gtfo852.jpg

Clever and creative....I'll give you that. :drink:

MACH1
12-24-2008, 12:10 PM
you know, I never knew I had Ben all wrong until I found out that YOUR friends were envious. Why did you come around here weeks ago and give me that pertinent information? You could have saved alot of aggravation for all of us.:coffee:

Take your own advise and READ the title of the thread. Ben appreciation thread

T.Richardson
12-24-2008, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5dqelV_8s
Tell me Lambert, you dont like this?

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 12:23 PM
No you don't. We're lucky to have the *team* we do. Maybe switchin' places with the Browns fans or the Lions fans for a decade would teach you to appreciate the team you've got.

I appreciate the team, as you so duly pointed out. But there's a difference for appreciation and unwarranted credit. To say that we wouldn't be where we are without Ben is just ludicrous IMO. Look at Kerry Collins, he isn't doing much either. But he's riding his defense and running game into the playoffs as the number ONE seed in the AFC. If that doesn't show you and everyone else on here that it's NOT Ben that got us where we are when he has very identical #s to Collins, then I guess you'll never see it. :noidea:

T.Richardson
12-24-2008, 12:24 PM
I appreciate the team, as you so duly pointed out. But there's a difference for appreciation and unwarranted credit. To say that we wouldn't be where we are without Ben is just ludicrous IMO. Look at Kerry Collins, he isn't doing much either. But he's riding his defense and running game into the playoffs as the number ONE seed in the AFC. If that doesn't show you and everyone else on here that it's NOT Ben that got us where we are when he has very identical #s to Collins, then I guess you'll never see it. :noidea:

So your saying Tommy Maddox would have led this team to the superbowl?

steelreserve
12-24-2008, 12:27 PM

Sure he would -- the Super Bowl for JERKS!

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 12:29 PM

Hey man, my point about Ben has been soley that he's not an elite or top 5 QB. And that, at least this year, he's not responsible for our success. If it's not his numbers, which so many of like to say, is it how he laces up his shoes? C'mon.....That's it. I don't hate Ben nor do I dislike him. But he's not playing up to the image that's being portrayed here. And no, I don't think Maddox would have taken us to the SB. Where you get that, I don't know. But Neil O'Donnell did, I'll say that much.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5dqelV_8s
Tell me Lambert, you dont like this?

Nice video.....I know that I'm very hard on Ben. But if so many of fellow Steeler fans are gonna give him all the credit, I'll continue to spew my BS. You don't see it? For real? I call it how it is 24/7/365. When it comes to my beloved Steelers or otherwise.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Agreed. I'm just going farther to state that unwarranted blame is the same thing as unwarranted credit.

Here's why I disagree: Our offense is what it is. No real threat of a ground game and an O-line that's been uneven at best. You need a QB that can make things happen when plays break down, and I don't know of anybody better at it than this guy. So we'll just have to agree to disagree in the end, but while I agree that Ben isn't any uber-human, he's the right fit for this team as it stands.

I do see it, and I have never once given him undue credit beyond holding up well with his workload. And that fact should cement for you that the QB isn't solely responsible one way or the other regardless of outcome.
Get it?

Unwarranted blame for a 4 turnover performance in a game that decided home field throughout? Hmmmm.....what would he have to have done or not done to get the blame? Start making tackles for the other team?

T.Richardson
12-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey man, my point about Ben has been soley that he's not an elite or top 5 QB. And that, at least this year, he's not responsible for our success. If it's not his numbers, which so many of like to say, is it how he laces up his shoes? C'mon.....That's it. I don't hate Ben nor do I dislike him. But he's not playing up to the image that's being portrayed here. And no, I don't think Maddox would have taken us to the SB. Where you get that, I don't know. But Neil O'Donnell did, I'll say that much.

I agree. But Ben has done enough to get the Steelers 11 wins this year.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 12:40 PM
I agree. But Ben has done enough to get the Steelers 11 wins this year.

But with that comment, I don't think you do agree. "But Ben has done enough"? That's still saying Ben got us those wins......

T.Richardson
12-24-2008, 12:44 PM
But with that comment, I don't think you do agree. "But Ben has done enough"? That's still saying Ben got us those wins......

Done enough meaning he didnt lose the games. in the 11 wins he has thrown 14 TDs and 4 ints.

Ben lost 4 games this year. in the 4 losses he has thrown 3 TDs and 10 ints.

43Hitman
12-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Nice video.....I know that I'm very hard on Ben. But if so many of fellow Steeler fans are gonna give him all the credit, I'll continue to spew my BS. You don't see it? For real? I call it how it is 24/7/365. When it comes to my beloved Steelers or otherwise.

Well at least you'll admit it's BS.:coffee:

LVSteelersfan
12-24-2008, 01:56 PM

I swear you people are such naysayers. Ben just happened to connect to Hines Ward on a third and VERY LONG to the goal line and then score HIMSELF on that drive. He threw the main block that allowed the Randle el to Hines Ward TD. That accounts for TWO OF THE TDs in that Super Bowl. Sounds like he did an awful lot to help win that game for us. He may have had a bad game overall, but it was not as bad as some people want to keep saying it was. Sure he made some mistakes, but he made a couple of darn good plays in that Super Bowl WHEN IT COUNTED.

dragtruk
12-24-2008, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=revefsreleets;506109]With our line, who WOULD you want back there instead? Ben is elusive and has eyes in the back of his head the way I haven't seen in another QB since Marino.

I sincerely hope you're kidding. Either that or you're dillusional. Eyes in back of his head???? Seriously, are you for real???? 14, count 'em 14. Most people here will totally ignore that fact. He put the ball on the ground 14 times- SO FAR. 14. 14. Where are these eyes? He has no clue that a defender might come up behind him and knock the ball away. Look at the point totals this year. The defense is saving this team. Pennington would be a better pickup. He was ripe for the picking. 2 fumbles/ 0 lost, and a better passer rating. And he has 17 td's just like Ben. And all this from a team everyone picked to go 2-14 this year.

Ricco Suavez
12-24-2008, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=revefsreleets;506109]With our line, who WOULD you want back there instead? Ben is elusive and has eyes in the back of his head the way I haven't seen in another QB since Marino.

I sincerely hope you're kidding. Either that or you're dillusional. Eyes in back of his head???? Seriously, are you for real???? 14, count 'em 14. Most people here will totally ignore that fact. He put the ball on the ground 14 times- SO FAR. 14. 14. Where are these eyes? He has no clue that a defender might come up behind him and knock the ball away. Look at the point totals this year. The defense is saving this team. Pennington would be a better pickup. He was ripe for the picking. 2 fumbles/ 0 lost, and a better passer rating. And he has 17 td's just like Ben. And all this from a team everyone picked to go 2-14 this year.

Yea Chad was under appreciated in NY just like Ben is here.

Ricco Suavez
12-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey that's an idea. Lets trade Ben to the Jets for Favre and then we can sit back and watch the Jets go to the playoffs nearly ever year.

fansince'76
12-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Noodle-arm for Ben? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:rofl:

LVSteelersfan
12-24-2008, 02:21 PM
How many wrong routes has Santonio run this year? How many drops with the ball in the breadbasket? Hines is a great player but he is GETTING SLOWER and SLOWER. Washington cannot hold onto the ball about half the time. Ben does not get a chance to do well, because we are three and out all the time because the receivers CANNOT GET OPEN or CATCH THE BALL on critical third downs. People want to say we have great skill players. Besides Heath Miller, Mewede Moore and a slowing down Ward, I think the rest of them SUCK for the most part. THAT is what Ben's problem is. Sucky O-line and no supporting cast makes Ben a mediocre QB.

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey that's an idea. Lets trade Ben to the Jets for Favre and then we can sit back and watch the Jets go to the playoffs nearly ever year.

:applaudit:

fansince'76
12-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Seriously, we gotta get Pennington! After all, he's not a thrower, but a passer! Just take Broadway Joe's word for it! :alcoholic :toofunny:

HQqIQyT-RuM

Get it done, Rooneys! Don't be cheap! :toofunny:

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 02:26 PM
How many wrong routes has Santonio run this year? How many drops with the ball in the breadbasket? Hines is a great player but he is GETTING SLOWER and SLOWER. Washington cannot hold onto the ball about half the time. Ben does not get a chance to do well, because we are three and out all the time because the receivers CANNOT GET OPEN or CATCH THE BALL on critical third downs. People want to say we have great skill players. Besides Heath Miller, Mewede Moore and a slowing down Ward, I think the rest of them SUCK for the most part. THAT is what Ben's problem is. Sucky O-line and no supporting cast makes Ben a mediocre QB.

Wow.....when you think about it, the whole team sucks. :coffee:

Makaveli
12-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Again,....in 11 games,....the games excluding the Clowns,Texans and Bungles. Roethlisberger has thrown 11 td's, 14 picks and fumbled 11 times.(six of which were recovered by the opposing team)

On what planet or in what dimension is this supposed to be "appreciated" by any one who plays, has played, Coaches or knows anything about football ?

I respect anyone's opinion as deserved. But can those whom still "worship" this dude not comprehend what they are seeing before their very eyes ?

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
I respect anyone's opinion as deserved. But can those whom still "worship" this dude not comprehend what they are seeing before their very eyes ?

No, peoples opinions are NOT being respected when every thread with anything good to say about the man gets hijacked by people who think they can change their minds.

Some people see the glass half full while others see it half empty.

Obviously, you are never allowed to see it half full around here.

Ricco Suavez
12-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Again,....in 11 games,....the games excluding the Clowns,Texans and Bungles. Roethlisberger has thrown 11 td's, 14 picks and fumbled 11 times.(six of which were recovered by the opposing team)

On what planet or in what dimension is this supposed to be "appreciated" by any one who plays, has played, Coaches or knows anything about football ?

I have read enough of your post to know your opinion of Ben so I will not even try to sway you. But in turn do you really think just because you spout stats that you pick and choose from is going to change a Steeler fans view of the best QB we have had since Bradshaw. Hey TB numbers were not great but he was ours and he lead this team to wins. Ben has also lead this team to wins in spite of what you believe. You and other posters seem to think we win in spite of Ben. Its a free country and live in your world. BTW for the Pennington lovers, there was a reason he was dropped by the Jets and there was a reason only one or two teams even made a play for him. But what do NFL executives and coaches know.

Makaveli
12-24-2008, 02:49 PM
No, peoples opinions are NOT being respected when every thread with anything good to say about the man gets hijacked by people who think they can change their minds.

In all honesty Ma'm i do respect the eternal optimist. As it must be so,.the nature of this very existence is based upon balance. Pessimism,cynicism and everything in between.

But what does give me pause,....is the concept of "Hijacking" a thread on a public forum ?

As well as the aforementioned optimism. When IMO,..... it is obvious that just simply "hoping" this man (Ben) will just somehow magically become the QB that many "desire" for him to be,..is not going to be enough or even realistic.

But again,...this perspective is my own and in no way intended to "sway" anyone else. I'm doing me. (expressing myself) you do you.

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 02:51 PM
But what does give me pause,....is the concept of "Hijacking" a thread on a public forum ?

There are plenty of other threads to "discuss" Ben's shortfalls. Everyone is aware of them already. This one was meant to appreciate his attributes. But it got taken over by the same ones who consistantly have to tell people they are wrong for supporting him.

Makaveli
12-24-2008, 02:58 PM
There are plenty of other threads to "discuss" Ben's shortfalls. Everyone is aware of them already. This one was meant to appreciate his attributes. .

And what exactly would those attributes be ? And why do they not allow him to produce at the level that many claim he is capable of ?

And do not take this the wrong way,..it is never my intent to insult or argue with a woman. I honestly would like to hear your opinion,....

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 03:17 PM
And what exactly would those attributes be ? And why do they not allow him to produce at the level that many claim he is capable of ?

And do not take this the wrong way,..it is never my intent to insult or argue with a woman. I honestly would like to hear your opinion,....

Read the thread. I mean really read it. And all the others for the last 4 years. The man is seriously underappreciated.

I don't need to sit here and list it all out. It has been said countless times. And every single time, someone comes in and says that poster is wrong "because"........or as you said "again" and go on to "prove " someone opinion is wrong.

Enough already. We've heard all before.

Makaveli
12-24-2008, 03:41 PM
My vote goes for Ben.

I saw that mad scramble to tackle yesterday.......reminded me of the one in Indy in '04. 'Cept we won that one and he was a hero.

I'll still keep him.

Well,.....okay,....

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 05:54 PM

Seeing the glass half full and a false sense of reality are two different things.....

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Read the thread. I mean really read it. And all the others for the last 4 years. The man is seriously underappreciated.

I don't need to sit here and list it all out. It has been said countless times. And every single time, someone comes in and says that poster is wrong "because"........or as you said "again" and go on to "prove " someone opinion is wrong.

Enough already. We've heard all before.

I totally understand what you're saying....I do. But then there is the constant, unwarranted knobslobbering that gets very irritating to read. It does go both ways.

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 06:36 PM
I totally understand what you're saying....I do. But then there is the constant, unwarranted knobslobbering that gets very irritating to read. It does go both ways.
We know how you feel. You've stated it about 300 times in the last 2 weeks.

If you don't like the "knobslobbering" than read another thread. Stop ruining every thread on this forum. with the "Ben sucks and I'll tell you exactly why" posts every day. It's getting real old, real fast.

If there's something that people like about Ben...it's their opinion and it's not "unwarranted." If you think Favre is all that and more, go to a Jets board and try and convince them of that. They'd probably take Ben in a heartbeat.

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 07:28 PM
We know how you feel. You've stated it about 300 times in the last 2 weeks.

If you don't like the "knobslobbering" than read another thread. Stop ruining every thread on this forum. with the "Ben sucks and I'll tell you exactly why" posts every day. It's getting real old, real fast.

If there's something that people like about Ben...it's their opinion and it's not "unwarranted." If you think Favre is all that and more, go to a Jets board and try and convince them of that. They'd probably take Ben in a heartbeat.

I'm sorry, who are you again? I'll put it to you this way. I'll continue to post where and when I want without regard for what you think or feel. Put an end to the endless Ben fluffing and I'll stop my critque. Until that time, expect NOTHING TO CHANGE.

Tinman
12-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I appreciate Ben holding on to the ball to long.. So does Jason Jones.. :)

hahaha

just joking... Get the guy some blocking and he is a damn fine QB.. I';; trade you V Young for him in a new Yourk minute.. Any takers?

DACEB
12-24-2008, 07:54 PM
I appreciate Ben holding on to the ball to long.. So does Jason Jones.. :)

hahaha

just joking... Get the guy some blocking and he is a damn fine QB.. I';; trade you V Young for him in a new Yourk minute.. Any takers?

Hell to pay!!!

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry, who are you again? I'll put it to you this way. I'll continue to post where and when I want without regard for what you think or feel. Put an end to the endless Ben fluffing and I'll stop my critque. Until that time, expect NOTHING TO CHANGE.

So is that an ultimatum? Every time some one says something nice about Ben, it's YOUR duty to correct them. Now that's interesting.

And I don't recall myself doing "Ben fluffing". I just don't think it's necessary to drag the man through the mud day in and day out.

I'll continue to post where and when I want without regard for what you think or feel.

It's quite evident you have no regard for any one else's opinion. You just can't let it go. Ben sucks and that's what makes your world go round........and around......and around.

lilyoder6
12-24-2008, 08:09 PM
i would have 2 agree w/ the man above...

58 u act like a lil kid... when his mommy says no, and u just keep repeating it and repeating it... there is a time and place where u can actually say y ben is not good but not evry damn day in evry damn thread over and over again.. other than that.. grow the ef up and stop complaining daily

SteelCurtain7
12-24-2008, 08:33 PM
With crap like that, who needs smack from fans of other teams? :rolleyes:

Some of our fans need to grow the fark up and get over themselves already.

HometownGal
12-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow.....when you think about it, the whole team sucks. :coffee:

Jesus Christ - you'd think the Steelers are 4-11 instead of 11-4!!! :doh: It's absolutely pitiful reading some of this garbage.

HometownGal
12-24-2008, 09:15 PM

Why do you people keep bringing up Maddox and slamming him into the ground? Holy shit - how soon you forget. The Steelers had a good chance of making it to the AFCC, and quite possibly the Big Game in 2002 with Maddox at the helm had it not been for Oscar Joe's award winning performance. Dayum - let it go for God's sake. :banging:

T.Richardson
12-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Why do you people keep bringing up Maddox and slamming him into the ground? Holy shit - how soon you forget. The Steelers had a good chance of making it to the AFCC, and quite possibly the Big Game in 2002 with Maddox at the helm had it not been for Oscar Joe's award winning performance. Dayum - let it go for God's sake. :banging:

is that the game against the titans when the kicker missed the field goal but washington was called for running into the kicker?

missedgehead
12-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Lambert,

Who in the league would you want over Ben? The only person I would even consider is Brady, not that it would ever happen and I hate that piece of crap.

Ben is a top 5 QB in the NFL at best, top 10 at the worst.

You're right, saying Ben is better than what we've had since Bradshaw is not saying much in itself, but it proves our point as to how valuable he is. We have a young franchise QB here under contract who should get better over the next 4 years, I couldn't be happier

That "piece of crap" has three SB rings. Lead his team to an undefeated Regular Season. He has two SB MVPs. He was voted MVP of the league last year.

I love Ben as much as alot of you, but Lambert does have a point. Heck, Bradshaw has FOUR SB rings, and I believe 2 SB MVPs.

If Ben accomplishes NEARLY any of this, I might call him the best since Bradshaw. As far as I am concerned, Terry Bradshaw is the best QB the Steelers ever had and, IMO, the Steelers ever WILL HAVE. Sorry if I am stuck in the 70's but I am a "Show me." type of person. I want to see Ben with more rings before crowning the kid. Hopefully this year. :tt03:

missedgehead
12-24-2008, 10:41 PM
First of all, I don't try to be Lambert. There's only one. So that analogy failed miserably. Second, I would take Romo over Ben. And I might even take Favre over him even at this stage of his career. They are both outplaying Ben this season. As I
ve said, you ask for much out of your franchise QB, that's your choice. I however would ask him to put more TD's on the board instead of turning t he ball over. And I'd also ask him to play more than just the 4th quarter.

You would take Romo over Ben? I wouldn't. Romo also can be a turnover machine when the right pressure is put on him. Farve is way too old and played out. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as much as they are hated by fans are about the two QBs in the league that I would take over Ben. They hold on to the ball and can read a defense better than Ben. McNabb is another one I may take even though I don't like him all that well as a person.

devilsdancefloor
12-24-2008, 11:45 PM
i wouldnt take ANYONE not a soul over ben. you can say i am drinking the kool-aid or whatever, but man he has something that all these others do not have. He NEVER blames a soul when they play bad he shoulders the blame and the flip side when they win he praises O-line, WR, TE and most importantly he always says something about the D. His stats might not be MVP of the league, but again he has that ablility to just turn it up when needed and then again sometimes not but he is human.ther are times i am yelling at the TV throw it away or RUNNNNNN. but we have waited for a QB like ben for a long time. if ya dont think so here lets take a trip thru memory lane shall we... Mark Malone,Bubby Brister ,Neil O'Donnell,Kordell Stewart, Mike Tomczak ,Kent Graham & Tommy Maddox. Man i take ben everytime! Maybe you guys where not around when these guys ran the show at QB. But those where truely times to moan and groan about QB play. Anyway take care all and cheer up we are 11-4! And dont wish we had someone else at QB stand up and be proud of who we have!:drink::tt::tt03::tt02:

LambertIsGod58
12-25-2008, 07:42 AM
So is that an ultimatum? Every time some one says something nice about Ben, it's YOUR duty to correct them. Now that's interesting.

And I don't recall myself doing "Ben fluffing". I just don't think it's necessary to drag the man through the mud day in and day out.

It's quite evident you have no regard for any one else's opinion. You just can't let it go. Ben sucks and that's what makes your world go round........and around......and around.

You know what I find interesting? The mere fact that it's apparently OK in your opinion to post something "nice" about Ben. We see it EVERYDAY!!! But yet it's not OK in your opinion for me to post my opinion on how good Ben really is or isn't. And another thing, I've started one or two threads about Ben. Not positive in any means. And don't you think my threads were hijacked? Why don't you go back and take a look. You and the other Ben disciples are the ones who can't take hearing anything negative about Ben. I merely said I didn't think he's worth the $102 million and that opened the flood gates. So don't come in here and ask me not to use my 1st amendment priviledge when you and the other fluffers continue to do so.

wvsportsman
12-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Cheezus, CHILL out already! I think we get the point. Ben has made some mistakes. He's not perfect OK? He's also still developing and I hope the offense catches up with the defense over the next years draft to see what he can do!!

Bradshaw was/is steelers best QB of all time but that took time also, in case some of you don't remember we never knew who was going to play from week to week between him hanratty and Jefferson street Joe Gilliam.

Yea he's made some mistakes but he's also made a lot of sweet plays

LambertIsGod58
12-25-2008, 08:13 AM
That "piece of crap" has three SB rings. Lead his team to an undefeated Regular Season. He has two SB MVPs. He was voted MVP of the league last year.

I love Ben as much as alot of you, but Lambert does have a point. Heck, Bradshaw has FOUR SB rings, and I believe 2 SB MVPs.

If Ben accomplishes NEARLY any of this, I might call him the best since Bradshaw. As far as I am concerned, Terry Bradshaw is the best QB the Steelers ever had and, IMO, the Steelers ever WILL HAVE. Sorry if I am stuck in the 70's but I am a "Show me." type of person. I want to see Ben with more rings before crowning the kid. Hopefully this year. :tt03:

I couldn't agree with this post more!!! :tt:

LambertIsGod58
12-25-2008, 09:49 AM
You would take Romo over Ben? I wouldn't. Romo also can be a turnover machine when the right pressure is put on him. Farve is way too old and played out. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as much as they are hated by fans are about the two QBs in the league that I would take over Ben. They hold on to the ball and can read a defense better than Ben. McNabb is another one I may take even though I don't like him all that well as a person.

Edge, I would take Romo over Ben. Romo scrambles and throws on the run better than Ben. Plus, at least this year, Romo is better with the turnover ratio. To say that Brett Favre is way too out and played out is just silly. He's got slightly better numbers than Ben this year and with a team in reach of the playoffs. Plus, his first year with a new team? C'mon. McNabb? No way would I take him. He's too inconsistent and I feel he's proven that without Westbrook, he's nothing. Granted, McNabb doesn't have much in the WR department. When he did, IE Terrell Owens, he went to the SB. And did well with Stallworth.

LambertIsGod58
12-25-2008, 10:12 AM

Because he's not Ben, that's why. Just wait, they'll trash Bradshaw in favor of Ben soon enough. Ben is the second coming, you didn't know that?:coffee:

lilyoder6
12-25-2008, 10:18 AM
of course u'll take romo over ben.. b/c romo effs up a fg try and chokes the next yr... good play from that qb

LambertIsGod58
12-26-2008, 07:07 AM
of course u'll take romo over ben.. b/c romo effs up a fg try and chokes the next yr... good play from that qb

The FG attempt is ONE play. As much as you don't want to admit it, he's outplayed Ben this year. And don't forget, he missed four games.

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2008, 07:17 AM
YEAH BEN !

GO BEN GO!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

:tt03::tt03::tt03:

:tt::tt::tt:

Rick5895
12-26-2008, 07:26 AM
I have said here before and even gave a Bradshaw quote to apply to Ben ("you may lose with me, but will never win without me")
Sure Ben struggles at times, all QB's do. But Ben has something i havent seen since Elway. Elway, struggled early in his career at times but was able to find "something" and pull it out in the 4th quarter. Ben does the same things, at times he is absolutely horrible, but he finds a way to win the game doing whatever it takes to win. He has done it this season and has done it before. Elway is mentioned by some to be maybe the best or one of the best QB's in history. I believe we will be saying the same about Ben when his career is over, we must take the bad with the Good because the good will win us championships.

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2008, 07:30 AM
How many active QBs have SB rings?

Just curious.

GO BEN GO!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

:tt::tt::tt:

:tt03::tt03::tt03:

stlrtruck
12-26-2008, 07:50 AM
The FG attempt is ONE play. As much as you don't want to admit it, he's outplayed Ben this year. And don't forget, he missed four games.

Wasn't that ONE FG in the playoffs? When it matters most?

At least with Ben I know we're getting a fighter and for the most part a knock down, drag 'em out fight. With some of the other QBs in the league - you might get great fantasy numbers but they quit. Get hit too many times, the refs "miss a call", etc - they quit!

While stats say a lot, they don't give the entire story. Ben isn't perfect but damn if he isn't my QB!!!

stillers4me
12-26-2008, 08:02 AM
:rocket: Big Ben :ak47:

:wantsome:

steel striker
12-26-2008, 12:06 PM
It seems to me in big games romo has not played well at all. Take last weeks game vs the rats to picks that were more like punt returns to Reed. Plus Romo has not even won a playoff game so, I would not want him on the steelers team. Ben is the man here and, it is way too early to compare him to Bradshaw or any other great qb. How about letting Ben play a few years and, see what happens rather then putting him on the hof or saying that is not a elite qb.

I think Ben is a top notch qb who makes plays and, also makes mistakes as well. I would not trade him for any other qb in the league. With our o/line the past two years Ben has done well in my book. Plus this year we don't have a running game to speak of. It has been the great play of our defense and, our offense just doing enough to win.

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2008, 12:13 PM
GO BEN GO!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
:tt::tt::tt::tt:
:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

lilyoder6
12-26-2008, 12:27 PM
go ben go....

get ur rest on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.Richardson
12-26-2008, 01:23 PM

and Ben had very few games he was playing badly in. I can only count 4. Giants, Colts, Titans, and Eagles. out of 15 games this year.

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Edge, I would take Romo over Ben. Romo scrambles and throws on the run better than Ben. Plus, at least this year, Romo is better with the turnover ratio.

Dude...You're saying, that you'd rather have the guy, that choked and threw the Pick 6 against the Steelers over the guy that lead his team on a 8 play 67 yard 3 minute drive that took us down to near the 2 minute warning to Tie the Game and put the #1 Defense back onto the field with a chance to get the ball back?

You'd rather have the guy that blew it?

Honestly man...you're starting to sound dumb.

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2008, 02:46 PM
GO BEN GO!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
:tt::tt::tt::tt:
:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

GO BEN GO!

stlrtruck
12-26-2008, 03:35 PM
GO BEN GO!

bump

LambertIsGod58
12-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Dude...You're saying, that you'd rather have the guy, that choked and threw the Pick 6 against the Steelers over the guy that lead his team on a 8 play 67 yard 3 minute drive that took us down to near the 2 minute warning to Tie the Game and put the #1 Defense back onto the field with a chance to get the ball back?

I sound dumb? You're the one that has posted the only that matters to you are rings? So I'd question really whether or not you're a Steelers fan for genuine reasons. Two other teams have 5 rings, when they reach 6 you gonna jump ship? I wouldn't be surprised.

Prok
12-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Can we just for one moment appreciate the man we have under center. We should appreciate that Tommy Maddox, Kordel Stewart or Kent Graham is no longer on the team. Appreciate that the youngest QB to ever win a Super Bowl is on our side. Further more, appreciate the fact that Ben is the only Quarterback to ever win 50 games in his first 5 years. We should also appreciate the fact that Ben can look like Elway when we need him to. We should also appreciate that Ben can turn it up in the 4th quarter and make plays when he has to.
This complaining about him is getting old. Ben is our QB for better or for worse and as we get ready to make a run at the playoffs, I think its time that fans stop complaing and appreciate the guy under Center.

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::t t03::tt03::tt03:

Well said. i, for one, will try to enjoy to the fullest every game winning drive, great TD throw, great scramble for first down etc etc that Big Ben gives us. Knowing full well what kind of crappy QB play we have suffered through for years and years since Bradshaw retired. Speaking of Bradshaw, didn't he have some huge mistakes even in the biggest games of all? Of course they ALL do. I know a few fellow Steelers fans that LOVE to blame Ben for losses as well and it just amazes me as to how fickle we fans can be to our QB's. Anyway, i definately appreciate Big Ben and we have alot to look forward to yet with him. :tt:

LambertIsGod58
12-26-2008, 03:53 PM

BTW, Romo doesn't have the number 1 defense to ride this year like Ben does. Romo has the better numbers and the ability to scramble. I don't doubt for a minute that we'd be right where we are with Romo, actually probably have home field locked.

lilyoder6
12-26-2008, 04:06 PM
BTW, Romo doesn't have the number 1 defense to ride this year like Ben does. Romo has the better numbers and the ability to scramble. I don't doubt for a minute that we'd be right where we are with Romo, actually probably have home field locked.

no.. romo doesn't have the def...

but HE HAS A OWNER WHO WILL BRING HIM PLAYERS.. ALA WILLIAMS, JONES, BENNETT... in which ben does not.... if romo asks 4 it jerry buys

SteelCityKing
12-26-2008, 05:56 PM
no.. romo doesn't have the def...

but HE HAS A OWNER WHO WILL BRING HIM PLAYERS.. ALA WILLIAMS, JONES, BENNETT... in which ben does not.... if romo asks 4 it jerry buys

sad but true. =)

i like Pittsburgh for the fact that they actually take into careful consideration who they select for their team. Dallas picks players who will grab the media's attention. Jones and Owens. Pittsburgh likes to keep things on the downlow and off the radar. the most attention we got this year was Troy speaking his mind about the stupid rules of the league and Holmes getting pinched for some blunts. yet, the Cowboys always steal time on Sportscenter.

not trying to be biased, but the Steelers the most stable franchise in the league and i like that we intend to stay that way. with General Tomlin at the helm and a slew of great players, we've got nothing but high hopes.

as for this thread being about appreciating Ben. i just wanted to show my love for the guy because he's a great player and a nice change of pace for the Steelers in the post Stewart/Maddox era. i think he's done VERY well for himself and he comes under the gun a lot when he doesn't deliver. but that comes with the territory being a player in Pittsburgh. i think he's proven himself to be a great QB and has a bright and long future with this team. atleast he's not a choke artist like Romo and a primadonne like Brady or even a media wh*re like Manning. he doesn't fall into any of those catergories. i like that about him.

markymarc
12-27-2008, 02:06 PM

Oh here we go with the fantasy number debate. And what exactly has Romo done during December and January so far in his career. Good luck trying to find something and I will wait right here until you do. Find anything yet..............Still waiting.

SteelCityKing
12-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Oh here we go with the fantasy number debate. And what exactly has Romo done during December and January so far in his career. Good luck trying to find something and I will wait right here until you do. Find anything yet..............Still waiting.

Romo is SO overrated. i hope he gets knocked out of the playoffs and the cowboys refocis their time and energy into finding someone who CAN take them deep into the playoffs. -- but i'm sure if they get booted out of the playoffs then the finger pointing will begin within the team and ESPN will be changed to DCDSN! (Dallas Cowboys Drama Sports Network!) haha!

markymarc
12-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Romo is SO overrated. i hope he gets knocked out of the playoffs and the cowboys refocis their time and energy into finding someone who CAN take them deep into the playoffs. -- but i'm sure if they get booted out of the playoffs then the finger pointing will begin within the team and ESPN will be changed to DCDSN! (Dallas Cowboys Drama Sports Network!) haha!

No question Romo is way overrated. By the way, I really believe the Eagles will win tomorrow and that way the Cowgirls won't even make the playoffs. That will be fun to watch Jerry Jones go crazy in the off season if they don't even make the playoffs.

SteelCityKing
12-27-2008, 02:44 PM
No question Romo is way overrated. By the way, I really believe the Eagles will win tomorrow and that way the Cowgirls won't even make the playoffs. That will be fun to watch Jerry Jones go crazy in the off season if they don't even make the playoffs.

i'm rooting for the Eagles for sure. not because i want them to rip up the Cowboys. but because i want the see the complete and utter underdog take a stab at the championship. also, i want to see a PA team do some damage and hopes for a Keystone Bowl. =)

markymarc
12-27-2008, 02:50 PM
i'm rooting for the Eagles for sure. not because i want them to rip up the Cowboys. but because i want the see the complete and utter underdog take a stab at the championship. also, i want to see a PA team do some damage and hopes for a Keystone Bowl. =)

Sorry, but I am not much of an Eagles supporter, but I guarantee tomorrow I will be rooting for them. Anything that keeps the Cowgirls out of the playoffs I want to see happen.

SteelCityKing
12-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Sorry, but I am not much of an Eagles supporter, but I guarantee tomorrow I will be rooting for them. Anything that keeps the Cowgirls out of the playoffs I want to see happen.

i don't like the Eagles either. BUT i like them more than any other NFC team. like i said, underdogs. they'll be the Trojan Horse of the NFC this hear. no doubt. =)

markymarc
12-27-2008, 02:55 PM
i don't like the Eagles either. BUT i like them more than any other NFC team. like i said, underdogs. they'll be the Trojan Horse of the NFC this hear. no doubt. =)

I will take any underdog that keeps Dallas from going into the playoffs. Besides McNabb needs to continue his playing well for Chicago to pick him up in the off season :sofunny:

BlastFurnace
12-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Ben is the reason we have our 5th Ring and the reason we always will have a chance...year in and year out.

He is going to have his bad games. He's not going to have stats like Peyton Manning. He's not as fleet of foot as others. He's going to get injured during the season...

...every other team in the league goes through the same thing with their QB. He's the perfect QB for us.

Those that complain do not remember the years of Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, Scott Campbell, Kent Graham, Mike Tomczak, and many others.

Trust me..if we would have had Ben under center from 1992 through present...we would have 3 more rings than we currently have.

lilyoder6
12-27-2008, 03:20 PM
don't get me wrong... romo is a good qb BUT... when the game is on the line there are too many times where he does not steps up

SteelCityKing
12-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Ben is the reason we have our 5th Ring and the reason we always will have a chance...year in and year out.

He is going to have his bad games. He's not going to have stats like Peyton Manning. He's not as fleet of foot as others. He's going to get injured during the season...

...every other team in the league goes through the same thing with their QB. He's the perfect QB for us.

Those that complain do not remember the years of Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, Scott Campbell, Kent Graham, Mike Tomczak, and many others.

Trust me..if we would have had Ben under center from 1992 through present...we would have 3 more rings than we currently have.

TOTALLY agreed bro. well said. =)

HometownGal
12-27-2008, 07:43 PM

I agree with you SCK. Romo is terribly overrated imho. As much as I dislike TO, without him Romo is average at best.

Ben, on the other hand, hasn't really had the benefit of a deep scoring threat like TO, Moss, Holt, etc. He has a great over the middle guy in Hines and a diamond in the rough in Santo, but no serious deep threat. Some fans B & M because he tries to make a play when it seems hopeless and though there are times he gets nailed by a defender for holding onto the ball too long, quite often Ben makes those seemingly impossible plays.

I'm not being a homer here - honest injun - and when Ben boo-boo's, I'll call him on it, but I'll take Ben any day of the week and thrice on Sundays over Romo and any other QB in the NFL.

SteelCityKing
12-28-2008, 01:31 AM
I agree with you SCK. Romo is terribly overrated imho. As much as I dislike TO, without him Romo is average at best.

Ben, on the other hand, hasn't really had the benefit of a deep scoring threat like TO, Moss, Holt, etc. He has a great over the middle guy in Hines and a diamond in the rough in Santo, but no serious deep threat. Some fans B & M because he tries to make a play when it seems hopeless and though there are times he gets nailed by a defender for holding onto the ball too long, quite often Ben makes those seemingly impossible plays.

I'm not being a homer here - honest injun - and when Ben boo-boo's, I'll call him on it, but I'll take Ben any day of the week and thrice on Sundays over Romo and any other QB in the NFL.

ummm...who says that anymore!? HAHA! kidding.

Ben has proved himself to be a MUCH BETTER QB than Romo even WITH the weapons that Romo has. it's sad to see such a talented QB like Romo get lost in all the drama and media attention surrounding him. he loses focus and loses games...then TO loses his cool and has to get put on on TO (time out)! Ben has had his drama (bike wreck, surgery, a mediocre season post Super Bowl) and he's turned it around. i appreciate him for that...

...BUT...

...i hear he's a REAL BIG a-hole outside of work. friends have told me he's a drunken pervert at the bars, super profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery, and really ignorant towards fans. i hope they are wrong...does anyone know any stories to prove ME wrong? discuss...

JackHammer
12-28-2008, 04:36 AM
Screw Ben. Somewhere out there, is a perfectly healthy Kordell Stewart ready to lead us back to glory :flap:

Rick5895
12-28-2008, 07:02 AM
I would Take Ben over most QB's, especially ROMO. Ben may make mistakes, but even when he is playing poorly, he generally does something in the game to help the team win. The Titans game was the exception rather than the rule. Get Ben a decent OLine and see how he plays.
On another note, it really is disturbing that a guy with Lambert in his handle would prefer a Dallas QB.

HometownGal
12-28-2008, 07:11 AM
...i hear he's a REAL BIG a-hole outside of work. friends have told me he's a drunken pervert at the bars, super profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery, and really ignorant towards fans. i hope they are wrong...does anyone know any stories to prove ME wrong? discuss...

Is your first name Jeremy? :chuckle:

I've been going to Steelers training camp for years now and have witnessed first-hand Ben's interaction with the fans. He is very gracious to all of the kids and adults shoving the items they want autographed in his face and stands there and signs just about every one. He is most often one of the last to leave the autograph area.

Ben also does a lot of charity work and I'm sure you have heard about his K-9 program. He also spends a lot of time with other Steelers players visiting the kids at Childrens Hospital here in the Burgh.

The only time I've ever heard the "drunken pervert" stories is here on this board. Hey - he's only human. If he wants to embibe and get a little tushy here and there, how is he different from any other red-blooded guy or gal? :noidea: As long as he doesn't do any of that extra-cirricular activity on game day or the days leading up to it, hey - it's HIS life and I have no problem with it.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 09:28 AM

Hey buddy....if that's not being a homer, what is? Really.

devilsdancefloor
12-28-2008, 09:54 AM
ummm...who says that anymore!? HAHA! kidding.

Ben has proved himself to be a MUCH BETTER QB than Romo even WITH the weapons that Romo has. it's sad to see such a talented QB like Romo get lost in all the drama and media attention surrounding him. he loses focus and loses games...then TO loses his cool and has to get put on on TO (time out)! Ben has had his drama (bike wreck, surgery, a mediocre season post Super Bowl) and he's turned it around. i appreciate him for that...

...BUT...

um was your mother or wife/GF a grade school teacher? Cause you like tell us to discuss :flap:! Isnt that why we are here :flap: ? im waiting for you to tell us to break into groups of 3 to discuss :laughing: anyway back to the thread GO STEELERS!:tt03:

43Hitman
12-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I want to be at the table with the surveyor.:drink:

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 01:03 PM
I sound dumb? You're the one that has posted the only that matters to you are rings? So I'd question really whether or not you're a Steelers fan for genuine reasons. Two other teams have 5 rings, when they reach 6 you gonna jump ship? I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, you sound DUMB!

Bottom line...You Are Dumb.

I officially ordain that it be known across the land that You are Dumb.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh, and for the record

GO BEN GO!

:tt::tt02::tt03:

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Yes, you sound DUMB!

That's the second time I've asked you that question with no response....to me that's as good as saying it's true.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Yes, you sound DUMB!

My team is my team regardless if they've won 5 titles or zero. Glad to know WHY you're a Steelers fan. I'm just glad there aren't too many like you.

HometownGal
12-28-2008, 01:39 PM
AHEM!!!!

Do I need to give both of you a time-out, huh?

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/dunce.gif

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 01:39 PM
My team is my team regardless if they've won 5 titles or zero. Glad to know WHY you're a Steelers fan. I'm just glad there aren't too many like you.

Right, you've got me nailed down Pal.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
GO BEN GO!

millwalldavey
12-28-2008, 01:45 PM
LOVE AND PEACE!
ZEN AND BEN!!!!!!!!

T.Richardson
12-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Colon took aways Bens TD...ugh

SteelCurtain7
12-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Willie Colon = drive killer. :mad:

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Ben Appreciation Thread

GO BEN GO!

HometownGal
12-28-2008, 02:06 PM
That's the spirit, though right now, Ben needs our prayers and support. :thumbsup::tt03::tt02:

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 04:13 PM
I was hoping that I'd never have to resurrect this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/norm-plus-get-well-steelers2.gif

markymarc
12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Get well soon Ben because we are going to need you in 2 weekends for the playoffs. Really good thing now that we have the bye week. Hopefully the concussion is not very serious.

Rick5895
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Get well to Ben we do need him in the playoffs.
To all those losers that suggested we would be better off with Romo, I hope you saw his performance against Philly, ENOUGH SAID!!!!

BIG BEN GODSEND!!!!

Ricco Suavez
12-29-2008, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=LambertIsGod58;507090]Edge, I would take Romo over Ben. Romo scrambles and throws on the run better than Ben. Plus, at least this year, Romo is better with the turnover ratio. To say that Brett Favre is way too out and played out is just silly. He's got slightly better numbers than Ben this year and with a team in reach of the playoffs. Plus, his first year with a new team? C'mon. McNabb? No way would I take him. He's too inconsistent and I feel he's proven that without Westbrook, he's nothing. Granted, McNabb doesn't have much in the WR department. When he did, IE Terrell Owens, he went to the SB. And did well with Stallworth.[/Q

CB1977
12-29-2008, 11:21 AM
I know this is the all warm and fuzzy thread about your boy Ben and, when it comes to the subject of the Steelers and Ben, it's really hard for me to get all warm and fuzzy...sorry. As a matter of fact, while my daughter was choosing which college to attend last year, one of her choices was the University of Findlay. "Nooooooooooooooooo...that's Ben R's home town!!", I said. She chose that school anyway...sigh.

I will say that I am glad he didn't get hurt very badly yesterday. Like em or not, I hate to see anyone get hurt and Ben is no exception.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 11:23 AM
I know this is the all warm and fuzzy thread about your boy Ben and, when it comes to the subject of the Steelers and Ben, it's really hard for me to get all warm and fuzzy...sorry. As a matter of fact, while my daughter was choosing which college to attend last year, one of her choices was the University of Findlay. "Nooooooooooooooooo...that's Ben R's home town!!", I said. She chose that school anyway...sigh.

I will say that I am glad he didn't get hurt very badly yesterday. Like em or not, I hate to see anyone get hurt and Ben is no exception.

Sounds like your daughter has a good head on her shoulders. Maybe she'll eventually convert mommy into a Steelers Fan...

by the way...GO BEN GO!

CB1977
12-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Sounds like your daughter has a good head on her shoulders. Maybe she'll eventually convert mommy into a Steelers Fan...

by the way...GO BEN GO!

LOL...yeah, that'll happen (:doh:)

Getting off the subject a little, my daughter does have a very good head on her shoulders; she doesn't like the Steelers. :wink02: As a matter of fact, she's not really into football at all. Her response to me saying it was Bens' home town..."Who's Ben Rothlesberger?" She choose the college because of their excellent Equine program.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Getting off the subject a little, my daughter does have a very good head on her shoulders; she doesn't like the Steelers. :wink02: As a matter of fact, she's not really into football at all. Her response to me saying it was Bens' home town..."Who's Ben Rothlesberger?" She choose the college because of their excellent Equine program.

awww....thats adorable, her hiding her Ben love to not upset her mommy.

Equine, very impressive. My sis is all about that. Makes her living working in NJ for rich folks with expensive horses, stables and facilities.