PDA

View Full Version : Moving on...

Da Steeler Soprano
12-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Titans, big win...nobody cares.

Ok, so how about some talk about the upcoming game with the Clowns now?? I know the game is "meaningless" to the rest of the football world, but it sure as hell aint meaningless in the Burgh. We need to show up next week totally focused, and completely destroy them!!

Here's to hopefully seeing Dixon in the 4th quarter! :tt03:

...and Quinn got punched in the face ROFL! :rofl:

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Titans, big win...nobody cares.

Ok, so how about some talk about the upcoming game with the Clowns now?? I know the game is "meaningless" to the rest of the football world, but it sure as hell aint meaningless in the Burgh. We need to show up next week totally focused, and completely destroy them!!

Here's to hopefully seeing Dixon in the 4th quarter! :tt03:

...and Quinn got punched in the face ROFL! :rofl:

Too Bad Brady won't play.

Ricco Suavez
12-22-2008, 09:07 PM
I am torn on how I would like to see this weeks game played. on one hand I want us to be as healthy and rested as possible. But on the other I think we need a big win to get back some swagger. A good offensive showing with no turnovers. We do not need any more rust than what is already present. My wish is that the starters play 1 to 2 quarters and play well and let the reserves mop up. Of course what will happen is Tomlin rests Ben and Leftwich plays great and we can read for the next two weeks how he should start in the playoffs.

markymarc
12-23-2008, 06:06 AM
A good offensive showing with no turnovers.

But would that really show anything going into the playoffs by beating up on the Brownies. No question Ben needs to play, but should only do so up until half time. Then let Lefty and Dixon finish up the game.

eafratitpm3
12-23-2008, 06:36 AM
But would that really show anything going into the playoffs by beating up on the Brownies. No question Ben needs to play, but should only do so up until half time. Then let Lefty and Dixon finish up the game.

I agree how much Swagger can you get back by beating the Browns? We can beat them 50-0 and it won't mean a thing. They are not a measuring stick.

HometownGal
12-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Rest Ben and Harrison and play the rest of the starters for the first half only. This game means very little to the Steelers other than maybe to get a little confidence back heading into the playoffs after the bye, but it's going to mean something to the Browns. Why take the chance of injuries?

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I agree how much Swagger can you get back by beating the Browns? We can beat them 50-0 and it won't mean a thing. They are not a measuring stick.

I don't think they need a "swagger"...I think the offense needs to find a rythym, granted it's against the Clowns, but anything is better than what they're doing right now.