PDA

View Full Version : Collins, Cowher react to towel stomping

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 04:50 AM
Collins, Cowher react to towel stomping
By Scott Brown, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chris Johnson started celebrating before he crossed the goal line in the third quarter of Sunday's game. His 21-yard touchdown run put Tennessee ahead for good, but even Titans quarterback and former Penn State All-American Kerry Collins appeared to have mixed feelings about the rookie running back's show of enthusiasm.

"I come from the old school," Collins said after leading the Titans to a 31-14 win over the Steelers. "I don't think (Penn State coach) Joe Paterno would like that a whole lot."

The Steelers didn't either.

Nor were they amused when Johnson, who high-stepped into the end zone, took the hand towel that had been hanging from his pants and started waving it. Or when several players, including running back LenDale White and linebacker Keith Bulluck, got hold of a Terrible Towel and stomped it, as if it were a small fire, on the Titans' sideline.

"We won't forget it," Steelers cornerback Deshea Townsend said.

Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, now a TV analyst for CBS, didn't like it, either.

About White's display, Cowher said: "You've got to learn ... I wouldn't do this, I wouldn't go there."

Referring to Bulluck, Cowher said the linebacker should know better because, "You are a veteran, Bulluck."

Bulluck, though, did not seem concerned.

"I don't care, I don't care," Bulluck told the media after the game. "That's just our stand. Anybody that's going to come through here in the playoffs, we plan to stomp them out."

The Titans, though, should beware. Sunday was not the first time an opposing player has disrespected the towel, which has become a Steelers icon.

Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh shined his cleats with a Terrible Towel during Cincinnati's 38-31 win over the Steelers in December 2005.

"We know the last time an opposing team played with our towel what happened," Steelers inside linebacker Larry Foote said.

The Steelers reeled off eight consecutive wins after that loss to the Bengals en route to the Super Bowl XL title.

They are no doubt hoping history repeats itself after the Titans' display Sunday.

Cowher told CBS viewers that if he were coaching and his team got a rematch against the Titans, he knows exactly what he would do.

"That looks like a pregame talk the night before to me," Cowher said. "If (we'd) meet in the postseason, I know what I'm pulling out the night before the game."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_604113.html

kaeotik
12-23-2008, 04:55 AM
I am a Titans fan, and I don't like the showboating either. That's todays pro athelete for you though. Sad.

stillers4me
12-23-2008, 05:38 AM
The Titans say we are over reacting to towelgate.

It looks to me like the Titans are getting more than a little bit c*o*c*k*y. Does that look like anyone from the AFC North????? The Bengals thought they were all that and more. Someone, if not us, is bound to knock that right out of them real soon.

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 05:59 AM
I am a Titans fan, and I don't like the showboating either. That's todays pro athelete for you though. Sad.

Yes, sadly enough there are too many pros who do that now or days. Remember Reggie Bush in the NFC championship game a few years ago, against the Bears? He was going in for the touchdown, after running for big yardage, and he turned and pointed to Urlacher?? NOT a smart thing to do. He was told about it, and yet he still continued to do his showboating. Some of them never learn. They think they are bigger than the game. On that play against the Titans, if Troy would have gotten there a few seconds sooner I would LOVE to have seen him knock it right outta his hand. Too bad he just didn't drop it like that player did for Philly, against I think it was the Cowboys? #10 was the player...just as he was about to cross the goal line the ball fell out of his hand.

GO STEELERS!! :tt03::tt03:

DACEB
12-23-2008, 06:01 AM
You go back to Tenn. and tell them... tell them, "The Steelers are coming... The Steelers are coming, and their bringing HELL with them!!"

SteelCurtain7
12-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Payback's going to be a witch on these buttclowns. Mark my words.

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 06:29 AM
"I come from the old school," Collins said after leading the Titans to a 31-14 win over the Steelers. "I don't think (Penn State coach) Joe Paterno would like that a whole lot."

You never forget the lessons of Joe Pa.

markymarc
12-23-2008, 06:29 AM

Sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me. Call it whatever you want, but there's only 1 word for the actions and that is classless. Cowher was exactly right in what he said about the whole incident.

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me. Call it whatever you want, but there's only 1 word for the actions and that is classless. Cowher was exactly right in what he said about the whole incident.

As much as I like him, and think he has tremendous talent, I have seen Santonio Holmes "hot dog" it at times too. I noticed him, in several games, make a big catch and then back peddle while going into the end zone. So our guys are not totally innocent of showboating at times either. They don't do it nearly to the extent of other teams, but Holmes does stand out to me as one who has a habit of showing off.

GO STEELERS!! :tt03:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-23-2008, 06:50 AM
It's not showboating that pisses me off as much as those jerkoffs stomping in the Terrible Towel.

But don't worry, if the Titans make it to the AFC Championship Game something else is gonna get stomped...that'll be the Titans Super Bowl hopes.

HometownGal
12-23-2008, 06:50 AM
"We won't forget it," Steelers cornerback Deshea Townsend said.

:thumbsup::tt03::applaudit:

Look out Titans - you're going to have hell to pay if we meet again in the playoffs, you classless collective blue pile of shit.

GutterflowerSteel
12-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Their c0ckiness will be their downfall in the playoffs - we've seen it happen before.

I was watching the CBS postgame wrap up when Cowher made his comments. He was getting a little fired up, and he said that the better team won THAT DAY, but it was just ONE GAME. And if the two teams meet again, the video clip of The Towel desecration will be a strong motivator.

Just like the Dolts and Bungles - they beat us in the 2005 regular season, but couldn't do it in the playoffs when it counted. :tt02:

stlrtruck
12-23-2008, 08:27 AM
As much as I like him, and think he has tremendous talent, I have seen Santonio Holmes "hot dog" it at times too. I noticed him, in several games, make a big catch and then back peddle while going into the end zone. So our guys are not totally innocent of showboating at times either. They don't do it nearly to the extent of other teams, but Holmes does stand out to me as one who has a habit of showing off.

And I've yelled at Santonio through the TV for doing it. The one thing that stands out in my mind is how Barry Sanders use to go into the endzone - no show boating, just hand the ball the ref - act like you've been there before!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
12-23-2008, 08:42 AM
And I've yelled at Santonio through the TV for doing it. The one thing that stands out in my mind is how Barry Sanders use to go into the endzone - no show boating, just hand the ball the ref - act like you've been there before!!!

Barry Saanders = Epitome of Class

Too bad his talent was wasted by playing on the Lions.

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 08:56 AM

Oh yes, Barry Sanders is one of my favorites too (Walter Payton as well).. Yep he always just handed the ball to the refs. I(and many others) admire and respect a player who handles himself that way.

The thing I worry about with Holmes is...if that type of thing is not nipped in the bud, does it continue to grow and eventually get outta hand? To the point where he becomes too full of himself? Self-confidence is one thing..but have a quiet confidence about yourself,not this...LOOK AT ME..type of attitude, just let your play speak for itself. I think he is a good kid, but that is just it...he is still young, so hopefully he will mature and not go the way of....dare I say it....T.O. He does have wonderful talent and the ability to become a great wide receiver.

Go Steelers!! :tt03:

chatman
12-23-2008, 09:01 AM
what pisses me off is that we let ourselves be in a position where they could do that--our oc is ex cleveland-- he doesnt have a clue as to how to design a proper running play --we have a terrible line coach---with an offense that totally relies on ben we can never win the big one-- talk is cheap and unless we come up with an offense i dont see why a rematch with tenn would end up any different---and when we rushed three on a third and 20 it reminded me of several years back with cowher --we used to constantly give up 3rd down conversions when 15+ yards were needed--

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 09:05 AM
and when we rushed three on a third and 20 it reminded me of several years back with cowher --we used to constantly give up 3rd down conversions when 15+ yards were needed--

It's called vanilla. If we play again it will be for much higher stakes and if we wind up getting them in a similar 3rd-and-20 situation, they won't see a 3-man rush again, I can guarantee that.

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 09:09 AM
what pisses me off is that we let ourselves be in a position where they could do that--our oc is ex cleveland-- he doesnt have a clue as to how to design a proper running play --we have a terrible line coach---with an offense that totally relies on ben we can never win the big one-- talk is cheap and unless we come up with an offense i dont see why a rematch with tenn would end up any different---and when we rushed three on a third and 20 it reminded me of several years back with cowher --we used to constantly give up 3rd down conversions when 15+ yards were needed--

I hear ya on the 3rd and LONG plays, remember them well. I would become so frustrated with our defense! We would hold em and hold em and get them in 3rd and LONG only to give up a HUGE play and they would convert :banging: .

Steeldude
12-23-2008, 09:15 AM
that's generation Y for you. the players today are a joke.

let's not forget the steelers have a few of these types of players too. like mcfadden, anthony smith, taylor, holmes...

players nowadays are "ME" players, not "TEAM" players. they are more concerned with their fruity dance steps than the team itself

drizze99
12-23-2008, 09:22 AM
The little towel stomping episode that FatAss orchestrated at the end of the game WILL come back to bite that team in the ass.

I am praying for a Pittsburgh/Titans AFC Championship game back in TN.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 09:23 AM
:thumbsup::tt03::applaudit:

Look out Titans - you're going to have hell to pay if we meet again in the playoffs, you classless collective blue pile of shit.

..and for the player that hung the ball out there with one hand in Troys face.....

There is a clock ...somewhere

......and it is counting down the seconds until you come across the middle in front of Polamalu....and as you are looking over your shoulder at Troy..and not at the ball, you and your little alligator arms are going to hear a little alarm go off

....then its time for payback.

DACEB
12-23-2008, 09:24 AM
You go back to Tenn. and tell them... tell them, "The Steelers are coming... The Steelers are coming, and their bringing HELL with them!!"

Hell to pay!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2008, 09:24 AM

let's not forget the steelers have a few of these types of players too. like mcfadden, anthony smith, taylor, holmes...

players nowadays are "ME" players, not "TEAM" players. they are more concerned with their fruity dance steps than the team itself

What do you think Butkus or Lambert would have done if someone taunted them in the endzone?

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
What do you think Butkus or Lambert would have done if someone taunted them in the endzone?

Something to get them banned for life in the new, pussified Goodell NFL.

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 09:29 AM
ike taylor is the antithesis of a "me" player.

i dont mind johnson waving his little white towel that much. hines has done the same before in the name of fun.

it shouldnt be the No Fun League.

however theres nothing fun about desecrating the towel and an entire fanbase, especially when steelerfans as a whole represent everything that is right about the nfl and a longtime franchise.

big difference between larry foot pretending to snuff out a cigarette buttand ballick/white stomping US out.

SteelersJW
12-23-2008, 09:32 AM
My message to the Titans:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

We're gonna F|_|CKIN get those bastards back!!!

DACEB
12-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Barry Sanders use to go into the endzone - no show boating, just hand the ball the ref - act like you've been there before!!!

We have a guy on our team that resembles both statements, Mr. Harrison!!

No showboating after a sack with this guy, does his job old school!! I'm positive he will have the D ready for some payback.

BTW, I applaude Collins for taking a stand and voicing his opinion.

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 09:41 AM

Wasn't it Anthony Smith who, a few years ago, made an interception and when he was running it back, as he was going out of bounds he started high stepping it???? And Dick LeBeau got in his face and really LET HIM HAVE IT on the sidelines?

Go Steelers!!
Dawn

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 09:42 AM
I applaude Collins for taking a stand and voicing his opinion.

unfortunely for white, collins isnt going to be able to protect him from the angry defense that will be coming after him next time we see those pansies.

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 09:42 AM
We have a guy on our team that resembles both statements, Mr. Harrison!!

No showboating after a sack with this guy, does his job old school!! I'm positive he will have the D ready for some payback.

BTW, I applaude Collins for taking a stand and voicing his opinion.

I would add Troy to that list too. He doesn't show boat after making a big play either. Him and Harrison are two guys who stand out in my mind by way of their attitude being old school.

GO STEELERS!

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 10:21 AM
I just saw an interview on ESPNs First Take(which re-airs from 12-2pm EST) with Chris Hope. Jay Crawford asked him about facing the Steelers and about the Terrible Towel incident. He said it was VERY difficult going up against his former team. He had nothing but praise for the Steelers.

It was a pretty good interview. He said he thought the stomping of the TT was very disrespectful, but that he stood behind his team mates. He mentioned that it was something he felt Jeff Fisher was going to address in private. He sounded to me as though he still has a LOT of respect and admiration for the Steelers, and still hangs out with some of the players in the off season. He was drafted by them, and gave credit to the Steelers organization for teaching him a lot of the things he knows and applies to his game now. He seemed to be a very sincere and nice guy.

I truly think he hated what his team mates did to the Terrible Towel, but felt an obligation to be there for them...to have their back, so to speak. But I did not get the impression that he condoned, for one minute, what they did. I know it sounds rather contradictory when he said he found it disrespectful but then stood behind them. He probably didn't want to sit there on TV and rip his team mates.

GO STEELERS!:tt03::tt03:

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 11:07 AM
I know it sounds rather contradictory when he said he found it disrespectful but then stood behind them.

I don't - he didn't participate in it and Bud Adams signs his paychecks now, not Dan Rooney. Got no problem with Hope.

jjpro11
12-23-2008, 11:08 AM
chris hope was awesome when he was here.. that was a pretty tight group.. you know porter, randle el, hope, and whoever else will be rooting for the steelers if or when their own team gets knocked out and we're still going. hope probably realized what a let down the titans fan base is compared to the steelers.

also, we were very fortunate to get clark as his replacement so that there was no drop off whatsoever.

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Geez, the Titans can't even be original...Stomp Them Out was the Giants motto last year.

Come on guys...be original...

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Geez, the Titans can't even be original...Stomp Them Out was the Giants motto last year.

Come on guys...be original...

Yeah that is right...did Strahan start that? During some speech he gave.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 11:13 AM
yes at their superbowl parade.

Dino 6 Rings

Yep, and then after they won and were celebrating days later in an interview on stage he jumped up yelling to the Pats "we stomped you out"

Pats fans remember that still.

ben7
I cant wait to get them in the playoffs.

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 11:14 AM
chris hope was awesome when he was here.. that was a pretty tight group.. you know porter, randle el, hope, and whoever else will be rooting for the steelers if or when their own team gets knocked out and we're still going. hope probably realized what a let down the titans fan base is compared to the steelers.

also, we were very fortunate to get clark as his replacement so that there was no drop off whatsoever.

Yeah Hope knows how beloved the Steelers are all over the country. Probably did really tick the players off to see all those towels waving in THEIR stadium. :tt03::tt03::tt03: A beautiful sight.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Yep, and then after they won and were celebrating days later in an interview on stage he jumped up yelling to the Pats "we stomped you out"

Pats fans remember that still.
i think the pats fans are trying to forget that..lol:chuckle:
we need a stomp you out smiley now..lol:wink02:
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/phatstaxx/ny_giants_strahan_stomp.jpg

brick
12-23-2008, 11:30 AM
well at least collins isn't jumping on the "defend lendale white to the death no matter what he does" bandwagon.

<--------- and that guy is a legend :tt03:

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't agree with the no fun league rules, but shouldn't waving a towel after a TD be a penalty, ie. no celebrating with props?

You would think so. Wes Welker was penalized for making a snow angel after he scored a touchdown in Sundays game against the Cards lol. I guess snow is a prop.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 11:56 AM
You would think so. Wes Welker was penalized for making a snow angel after he scored a touchdown in Sundays game against the Cards lol. I guess snow is a prop.
hold the freaking presses.. you mean the pats got penalized for using a prop??? i am sure goodell is having his assistant type up a letter of apology right now to the hoodie and mr. kraft.:chuckle:

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't agree with the no fun league rules, but shouldn't waving a towel after a TD be a penalty, ie. no celebrating with props?

Guarantee you if Santonio would have done it after his diving TD reception, we'd have been tagged for 15 yards on the kickoff.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Guarantee you if Santonio would have done it after his diving TD reception, we'd have been tagged for 15 yards on the kickoff.
not only that, santonio would be writing a check out to park ave too.:wink02:

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 12:02 PM
hold the freaking presses.. you mean the pats got penalized for using a prop??? i am sure goodell is having his assistant type up a letter of apology right now to the hoodie and mr. kraft.:chuckle:

Feverishly typing away as we speak LOL. Probably will send it out in his annual Christmas card to the Pats.

skinart82
12-23-2008, 12:03 PM
To Bad the Colts will take out the "titans," at least they had better pray they lose to them. The last thing those little punks want is round 2 with the Steelers and James Harrison!!!!

Steelcitygal87
12-23-2008, 12:04 PM
To Bad the Colts will take out the "titans," at least they had better pray they lose to them. The last thing those little punks want is round 2 with the Steelers and James Harrison!!!!

The Colts could very well beat em, they sure have the offensive fire power to do it.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Feverishly typing away as we speak LOL. Probably will send it out in his annual Christmas card to the Pats.
yes

TO: Mr. R. Kraft
CC: Mr. B. Billcheck

This letter is in the matter of the 15 yd penalty given to your tightend Wes Welker, after reviewing the matter, we have decided that it was the wrong call. The league has decided to suspend the ref that made that call. Here is wishing you both a very Merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
Roger Goodell
NFL Commissioner

P.S. I will also make sure that the Pittsburgh Steelers lose their first playoff game, making it easier for you.

:chuckle::chuckle:

fansince'76
12-23-2008, 12:09 PM
yes

TO: Mr. R. Kraft
CC: Mr. B. Billcheck

This letter is in the matter of the 15 yd penalty given to your tightend Wes Welker, after reviewing the matter, we have decided that it was the wrong call and hereby grant you an additional first round pick in the upcoming draft. The league has decided to suspend the ref that made that call. Here is wishing you both a very Merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
Roger Goodell
NFL Commissioner

:chuckle::chuckle:

Fixed. :thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Fixed. :thumbsup:
thanks '76.:hug: i forgot about them losing draft picks ...lol

The_WARDen
12-23-2008, 12:14 PM

You never forget the lessons of Joe Pa.

but he does...along with many other things these days.

Makaveli
12-23-2008, 12:50 PM
what pisses me off is that we let ourselves be in a position where they could do that---

Exactly.

Steeldude
12-24-2008, 12:24 AM

they would have hit them so hard the victim's blood would hurt.

kaeotik
12-24-2008, 12:33 AM
steelerfans as a whole represent everything that is right about the nfl.

What a ridiculous statement! I have been to Pittsburgh three times to watch the Titans/Oilers play, and the fans acted spoiled, and after my team won, I could barely get out of the stadium. I was cursed up, and down in front of my son. Uncalled for. Steelers fans are no different than any other teams fans. What an arrogant thing to say.

markymarc
12-24-2008, 06:51 AM

Sorry but I have never seen Holmes be disrespectful towards another team like the Titans did. And I think it's completely wrong on your part to even compare Holmes to what Bullock, Kearse and White did on the sidelines.

stlrtruck
12-24-2008, 08:26 AM
What a ridiculous statement! I have been to Pittsburgh three times to watch the Titans/Oilers play, and the fans acted spoiled, and after my team won, I could barely get out of the stadium. I was cursed up, and down in front of my son. Uncalled for. Steelers fans are no different than any other teams fans. What an arrogant thing to say.

Every team has their share of dumbass fans who create an environment unnecessary in the stands. The game was meant to be enjoyed and threatening an opposing teams fan or cursing them in front of children is just as unnecessary.

However, I will say this - I've seen fans of other teams take things to the extreme (not one of them was a Steelers fan - not saying it doesn't happen, just saying I've never seen it). And while I can't speak towards titans fans being at home and having their stadium sold out to Steelers fans, I can speak to teams where I have been hit with traffic cones (baltimore), threatened with a knife (tampa), and run off the road (tampa).

Steelcitygal87
12-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Sorry but I have never seen Holmes be disrespectful towards another team like the Titans did. And I think it's completely wrong on your part to even compare Holmes to what Bullock, Kearse and White did on the sidelines.

OBVIOUSLY you didn't read my post very carefully. I was referring to SHOWBOATING, I did not even reference what White, Kearse or Bullock did with the Terrible Towel. The post before mine( or several before), I believe it was, was about the Titans player(can't remember his name), as he was going in for a touchdown "hot dogging" it, and then taking out a white towel in the end zone and waving it. So I followed up on the topic of showboating with what I said regarding Holmes. So, no I was not wrong because I was NOT comparing what those players did with the towel to Holmes. I was comparing the Titans players showboating to what I have seen Holmes do at times as well.

TitanHope
12-25-2008, 09:58 AM

I believe the hand towel that players carry with them on the field is considered part of their uniform. Plus, he didn't use any outside item in his celebration. It probably could have been called for excessive celebration, but since it wasn't obnoxious and he was headed toward the sideline while twirling it, the refs didn't think it was excessive.

As for the Wes Welker penalty, it wasn't a matter of him using the snow in his celebration. The rule is that a player can't get on the ground during his celebration, unless it is in prayer. Since Welker laid down in the endzone, he was fined. It's lame, and it begs questioning the NFL's priorities when Welker gets fined 10K for a snow angel and Shaun Ellis gets fined the same amount for dumping a snow boulder on a fan in the stands.

43Hitman
12-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I believe the hand towel that players carry with them on the field is considered part of their uniform. Plus, he didn't use any outside item in his celebration. It probably could have been called for excessive celebration, but since it wasn't obnoxious and he was headed toward the sideline while twirling it, the refs didn't think it was excessive.

As for the Wes Welker penalty, it wasn't a matter of him using the snow in his celebration. The rule is that a player can't get on the ground during his celebration, unless it is in prayer. Since Welker laid down in the endzone, he was fined. It's lame, and it begs questioning the NFL's priorities when Welker gets fined 10K for a snow angel and Shaun Ellis gets fined the same amount for dumping a snow boulder on a fan in the stands.

No doubt. I agree with ya. The snow boulder comment made me laugh out loud for real. :laughing:

zsheik22
12-25-2008, 10:45 AM
This was the worst thing they could have done. By worst, I mean worst for them. They should have taken that win quietly to the locker room. But now they just managed to fire Pittsburgh up and really get them motivated.

I sure hope Tomlin exploits this.

zsheik22
12-25-2008, 11:00 AM
That boulder was Huuuge! 10k doesnt cut it :coffee:

Oh come on! It was funny as hell and the idiots deserved it! They were pelting the whole jets team with snowballs. He just kinda dumped it on them. It really wasnt half as bad as it sounds.

Avoid LLoyd1975
12-25-2008, 03:51 PM
I did not mind anybody on the Titans roster before last week. I actually thought Keith Bullock was a pretty cool dude, but after this incident, he is a marked man.

TitanHope
12-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh come on! It was funny as hell and the idiots deserved it! They were pelting the whole jets team with snowballs. He just kinda dumped it on them. It really wasnt half as bad as it sounds.

Could you imagine? A 6'5, 300-lb pissed off football player coming at you with what appears to be the bottom part of Frosty the Snowman...

Gotta think some yellow snow magically appeared around the dude who got pwned! :laughing:

Rhee Rhee
12-26-2008, 05:51 AM
lendale wanted to do the shoeshine but couldn't bend down to touch his feet because of the gargantuant girth around his midsection...

markymarc
12-26-2008, 01:58 PM
I was comparing the Titans players showboating to what I have seen Holmes do at times as well.

So now you are saying the terrible towel incidents are considered a form of showboating. Once again I think you are way off. It was CLASSLESS and had nothing to do with showboating. To me there is a huge difference between showboating and doing a classless act with another team's signature towel. The majority of athletes showboat now a days, but classless acts say a lot about a person's character. And sorry but Holmes has more class than White, Bullock and Kearse combined.

SteelCityKing
12-26-2008, 04:48 PM

then you are in the wrong forums brother. heel it ya dig?!

Preacher
12-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey Kerry Collins--

:hatsoff::hatsoff:

However, I feel sorry for you when we play you again. See, we thought we would just "pull one out" like we usually do. Well, we've seen the light, and the towel incident makes the light glow a bright red.

Have a nice night now. . . sweet dreams!

TitanHope
12-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh, no. It was obnoxious, peurile, and childish. But the way to fix that isn't through a league fine, but through putting him in traction. There is a code of conduct among NFL players that this guy hasn't learned about yet. But rest assured he will.

You're absolutely right. After looking back on the tape, CJ stood in the endzone with his teammates congratulating him and he waved the towel around to immitate the Steelers fans. I wouldn't call it obnoxious, puerile, or childish, but it should have been a penalty.

There may be a code of conduct for professional players, but CJ is a rookie and has time to mature. I'm not gonna worry about his "traction." Last time I checked, it's guys like Ike Taylor who can't maintain their own footing. ;)

HometownGal
12-27-2008, 08:16 AM
I wouldn't call it obnoxious, puerile, or childish, but it should have been a penalty.

I would call it unsportsmanlike conduct and totally unprofessional. If this was the 1st game of the season, the "he's a rookie" excuse might fly, but he's played 15 games in the NFL thus far and he should know better.

I hope we play the Tites in the playoffs because hell hath no fury like a Terrible Towel scorned. :tt02:

Texasteel
12-27-2008, 08:29 AM
You're absolutely right. After looking back on the tape, CJ stood in the endzone with his teammates congratulating him and he waved the towel around to immitate the Steelers fans. I wouldn't call it obnoxious, puerile, or childish, but it should have been a penalty.

There may be a code of conduct for professional players, but CJ is a rookie and has time to mature. I'm not gonna worry about his "traction." Last time I checked, it's guys like Ike Taylor who can't maintain their own footing. ;)

He may be a rookie, he may be to dumb to know what he was doing, but one of the so called vets should have be putting a stop to it, and it should have be condemed by team afterwards.

It looked like this was the titans SB, and it probably was. We will have to wait till next year for our revenge, I don't see them winning a game in the playoffs.

steelerbackr4life
12-27-2008, 08:32 AM
The only ones that should be penalizing the Titans are the Steeler players. I definitely remember what happened the last time some one so vehemently disrespected the towell. If those circumstances repeat I look forward to seeing every one Downtown in February!
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

kaeotik
12-30-2008, 02:44 AM
Except that the Steelers will lose to the Colts in the divisional round.

Steelers & I
12-30-2008, 04:30 AM

Oh yeah, damn, we forgot about that.:doh:

kaeotik
12-30-2008, 05:05 AM
LOL!

stillers4me
12-30-2008, 05:48 AM

Where have I heard that before?

:noidea:

stlrtruck
12-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Where have I heard that before?

:noidea:

Don't you remember the 2006 playoffs, we heard it right after we won the game against the bungals - you know the one we were suppose to lose!?

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 07:53 AM

I think your crystal ball may be out of batteries there, pardner. Peytoon still has the Steelers logo embedded in his chest and the shit stains in his pants from the 2005 playoffs.

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 08:06 AM

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 08:44 AM
ur team has to win in the wildcard first

kaeotik
12-30-2008, 10:47 PM
^^^My team has homefield throughout.

Sharkissle29
12-30-2008, 10:50 PM

which unfortunately will lose to our division rival...

markymarc
12-31-2008, 06:57 AM

Does that really matter especially come playoff time. Anything can happen. I will say this though these playoff games should be really exciting to watch. Can't wait until this weekend.

HometownGal
12-31-2008, 08:28 AM

The Steelers are 6-2 on the road this season. Your point?

DACEB
12-31-2008, 08:31 AM

Hell to pay!!!

kaeotik
01-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Right. A towel will make the difference in the game. Being butt-hurt cuz the Titans stomped on a towel will make the fact that the Titans are a superior team mean nothing.

fansince'76
01-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Slow night in the trailer park, Jethro? :coffee:

tony hipchest
01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
the titans only got fired up enough to play well because they felt disrespected.

definitely not a superior team.

kaeotik
01-02-2009, 02:24 AM
the titans only got fired up enough to play well because they felt disrespected.

They probably feel even more disrespected now. Nobody is picking them to go to the Super Bowl. They'll be there.

Edman
01-02-2009, 03:12 AM
There sure are a lot of Titan fans coming around Steelers Fever since the game, despite the fact that neither team plays this week.

This bravado is proof Tennesee is afraid that they'll have to play the Steelers again. They just don't want to admit it. Hope Keodick enjoys seeing his "disrespected" team run out of the playoffs so everyone can laugh.

HOTDOG
01-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Its on!

HometownGal
01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
They'll be there.

Yeah - in the stands or layin' like whales on the beach in front of their TV's.

GodofGridiron
01-02-2009, 06:12 PM
They probably feel even more disrespected now. Nobody is picking them to go to the Super Bowl. They'll be there.

Not so fast...........Perhaps the Titans have peaked already. Who knows.......but the Steelers have business to take care of with the opponent that comes to Heinz next week. Should we win that contest, then this would open the door for a potential rematch with the Titans @ LP Field, so that we can settle real bid'ness about who the better team is.

I already know the defensive unit on our side of the ball well have a nasty edge to em. And i wouldnt be surprised that in the final minutes of this contest if someone gives a lil added mustard on a hit to Len-swell White to show em how ya really disgrace a piece of colon extract into the turf. We know they cant wait to decapitate him when the chance presents itself.

Revenge is so much sweeter when the world is your reward..............we got bizness to take care of and so do you, but im anticipating that day. I expect we'll shut down LP for the season.......and come away with 3 items: 1) Titan scalps 2) Steelers pride 3) the Hunt trophy signifying we're goin bowlin'

TeeJay
01-02-2009, 06:33 PM

WHOOPDEY-F**KING-DOOH!

stillers4me
01-02-2009, 07:28 PM
which unfortunately will lose to our division rival...

That won't mean squat when the Tits choke next weekend and the AFCCG is played in Pittsburgh. :helmet:

GBMelBlount
01-02-2009, 08:25 PM
kaeotik

My team has homefield throughout.

Teejay

WHOOPDEY-F**KING-DOOH!

:rofl:

Polamalu43
01-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I feel so sorry for the titans and there fans if we get to play them again. Ca't wait, for that to happen!! Paybacks a B*****!!

Polamalu43Defense!
01-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Like i said when it happened, this is only inspiration throughout the playoffs. I still think our big threat is the colts givin they get through san diego tonight. Which, I would like to be wrong on this one because i really dont want to face the colts again. But if it happeneds, well we'll just have to see :). Definatly don't want to have to wait till next season to make little lendale and his butt buddies johnson and bullock to get theres. And they will get theres. Payback is a mother and justice is it's brother. :tt03:

millwalldavey
01-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Enjoy that one game.

43Hitman
01-03-2009, 06:01 PM

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq312/43hitman/whambulance.jpg

steel striker
01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
They want our respect come and get it!

markymarc
01-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I feel so sorry for the titans and there fans if we get to play them again. Ca't wait, for that to happen!! Paybacks a B*****!!

I second that!

rich4eagle
01-03-2009, 09:36 PM
If the Steelers play Tennessee again than video will be played all week...............

and make terrible towels prevail...........

markymarc
01-04-2009, 11:40 AM
If the Steelers play Tennessee again than video will be played all week...............

and make terrible towels prevail...........

There is no doubt about that. That will be the biggest story of the week.