PDA

View Full Version : 26 - 17

boLT fan
12-18-2005, 03:25 PM
'nuff said.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Livinginthe past
12-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Well done Bolts. Most frustrating team in the league though.

Why cant they play like this week in week out? - they would be a FORCE.

NM

tony hipchest
12-18-2005, 03:39 PM
quite a win! the game was over in the 2nd qtr. if you ask me.

boLT fan
12-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Well done Bolts. Most frustrating team in the league though.

Why cant they play like this week in week out? - they would be a FORCE.

NM

Simple answer: Marty.

As good as the Chargers did, Marty did THAT bad all the time. He made horrible calls this game, luckly the players made up for it.

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Congrats to you guys. I'm sure it is an amazing feeling for Bolts fans.

boLT fan
12-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Congrats to you guys. I'm sure it is an amazing feeling for Bolts fans.

Like you couldn't believe. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Well deserved. Maybe now we can finally stop hearing about the Colts every minute of the day lol.

Sharkissle29
12-18-2005, 03:53 PM
we still gotta lose :P

boLT fan
12-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Well deserved. Maybe now we can finally stop hearing about the Colts every minute of the day lol.

No, now we'll hear about them trying for the Superbowl, damn. lol

Prosdo
12-18-2005, 03:58 PM
No, now we'll hear about them trying for the Superbowl, damn. lol

Probably...I can never win! Grrrr! lol

SteelersGirlTN7
12-18-2005, 04:16 PM
LOL Way to go Chargers..... for knocking off the Colts ... now we don't have to hear the undefeated crap anymore.

However, the look on Drew Brees' face at the end said it all ... LOL you'd think he'd be all smiles .... but instead .. it was more a look like...

"I just beat the Colts..... and I still might not make the playoffs"

LOL GO STEELERS ;-)

Livinginthe past
12-18-2005, 04:51 PM
The main thing is we will have an end to the Colts fans who are ready to christen the Colts a Dynasty and Manning the undisputed best QB of his generation (apparently all he needs is one SB then he completes the set of 'Things I Need To Be The Best QB Ever)

I strongly dislike the arena ball that the Colts are trying to introduce to the NFL - give me rugged D anytime!

NM

Suitanim
12-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Sad, though, since the Bolts won't even make the playoffs.

It's too much pressure to go undefeated...ultimately, it probably makes the Colts more formidable, not less...

Livinginthe past
12-18-2005, 05:02 PM
I wonder what is going on with that O-line?

The Chargers made the Colts O-line look like the Tampa Bay one from yesterday.

I always thought this would be a strength of theirs with Manning having so much time to throw - maybe they just had an off day.

The Bolts are the nearest team to the Greatest Show On Turf that we currently have - its a shame that both teams have been hamstrung by inept coaching.

I can see Seattle making life difficult for the Colts next week - I doubt that back-2-back losses makes any team stronger..especially at this time of year.

NM

Suitanim
12-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Seattle is, as almost all the NFC teams are, wildly overrated. They needed the full 60 minutes to beat Tennessee today...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Congrats to the bolts..awesome win in the colts house ! Credit marty and all everyone in ur club!

SteelR1
12-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Very nice win. CONGRATULATIONS and stopping history!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
12-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Good Game Bolts. Even though we still have the WC lead. Thanks For Beating The Colts. It's a Great Day For Revenge.

TexaSteeler
12-18-2005, 09:09 PM
The main thing is we will have an end to the Colts fans who are ready to christen the Colts a Dynasty and Manning the undisputed best QB of his generation (apparently all he needs is one SB then he completes the set of 'Things I Need To Be The Best QB Ever)

I strongly dislike the arena ball that the Colts are trying to introduce to the NFL - give me rugged D anytime!

NM

The Colts have a rugged D. They just have an explosive O to with it. And Manning is good enough to have his name mentioned as the best QB in a long time.

I'd take a Colts style O to go with our D any day.

Livinginthe past
12-18-2005, 09:36 PM
The Colts have a rugged D. They just have an explosive O to with it. And Manning is good enough to have his name mentioned as the best QB in a long time.

I'd take a Colts style O to go with our D any day.

Granted the Colts have an explosive Offense, but just like their D they arent so hot when plan A doesnt pan out.

Lets face it - the Colts have executed plan A so well this year they have no need to actually revert to a plan B - and plan B has always been the major weakness of the Colts.

If you take Peyton and the boys out of their confort zone and force them to do something they would rather not then things begin to go wrong pretty quickly...im a Pats fan i have seen this happen enough times to know its true.

I cannot think of a game, especially not one in the playoffs, where I could honestly say "If it wasnt for Manning the Colts would not have won that" - they either wipe teams like the Broncos out or they limp out of the playoffs when the going gets tough.

What this means to me is that Manning is far from the best QB of his generation.

The Steelers failed to bring anything close to their A game against the Colts, which was a real shame because if Pittsburgh could have played the game on their terms I think they would have won the game.

The Pats team that lost to the Colts bears NO RELATION to the team we have seen over the last 3-4 weeks.

If we are nominating fantasy teams ill take the Pats offense, which is the most flexible in the league, and the Bears D, which is the most fearsome in the NFL.

NM

tony hipchest
12-18-2005, 10:42 PM
fantasy teams? pats offense #1????

colts
cheifs
seAttle
chargers
giants
bengals

as a fantasy owner of dillon, branch,and watson, i can tell you, other than bradys myriad of dink and dunk passes to 4 rb's and 3 te's (plus lb and ol) they dont have crap. pats "flexibility" haS gotten them to a 9-5 record that would be scrapping for a playoff berth if it werent for the likes of bollinger, losman, any miami qb, etc.

watching someone throw about 12 planned dump off passes of 5 yds to their running backs per game is pretty boring if you ask me. and barely worthy of fantasy let alone elite nfl offense mention.

theyre flexible enough that brady and vinatieri bail them out of losses. thats about it.

Livinginthe past
12-18-2005, 11:07 PM
fantasy teams? pats offense #1????

colts
cheifs
seAttle
chargers
giants
bengals

as a fantasy owner of dillon, branch,and watson, i can tell you, other than bradys myriad of dink and dunk passes to 4 rb's and 3 te's (plus lb and ol) they dont have crap. pats "flexibility" haS gotten them to a 9-5 record that would be scrapping for a playoff berth if it werent for the likes of bollinger, losman, any miami qb, etc.

watching someone throw about 12 planned dump off passes of 5 yds to their running backs per game is pretty boring if you ask me. and barely worthy of fantasy let alone elite nfl offense mention.

theyre flexible enough that brady and vinatieri bail them out of losses. thats about it.

Tony,

That is an incredibly grumpy post.

Maybe I should clarify what sort of fantasy I was referring to.

If I could pick any teams group of offensive players for an important game I would choose the patriots offense.

I am not referring to 'fantasy points' as in fantasy league and the like - if I was id probably choose the Colts.

Brady surely hasnt thrown for a league leading 3,888 yards on a myriad of dink and dunk passes has he?

Im a little bored of hearing how poor the AFC East has been this year - sure the teams have had injuries - but then as a Pats fan I know all about injuries.

Last week the Doo-phins beat the mighty Chargers who in turn beat the champions elect today - so I really dont see them games as gimme's at all.

Lets face it, no-one really expects the Steelers to rout the Browns next week - and they have a rookie QB too...how is this different?

If it wasnt for Brady and his ability to make clutch throws we could well have been out of playoff contention before our injured players even got a sniff of playing time.

David Givens 6 rec 137 yards - against the famous Tampa Cover-2 - they werent dink'n'dunks were they Tony?

I cant help but feel this latest post of yours got stuck in a some sort of time-warp dating back to the 2002 season - when the dink-n-dunk critics were in full cry.

NM

tony hipchest
12-19-2005, 06:47 PM
at first i figured you were talking fantasy football. still the only people that offense is good for is brady and vinatieri. i can see both going to the h.o.f. but they are not like the triplets past or present, greatest show on turf, rice, montana and craig, franco, tb, swan and stallworth etc. where multiple people are flourishing.

i see youre point, i would probably have to take the steelers defense despite their shortcomings this season. i happen to think the 3-4 is one of the most exciting, electric and effective defenses around. atleast since the cowher era began. i would still have to take the colts offense over any offense the pats took to the sb. thats not me being a hater. thats just being a realist. if it came to winning 1 game i would still pick steve young and jerry rice over troy aikman and michael irvin even though as a tandem the cowboy pair lead in sb's 3-1

btw was d. givens 137 yds the 1st 100 yd game for a pat wr this season?

Livinginthe past
12-19-2005, 07:41 PM
at first i figured you were talking fantasy football. still the only people that offense is good for is brady and vinatieri. i can see both going to the h.o.f. but they are not like the triplets past or present, greatest show on turf, rice, montana and craig, franco, tb, swan and stallworth etc. where multiple people are flourishing.

i see youre point, i would probably have to take the steelers defense despite their shortcomings this season. i happen to think the 3-4 is one of the most exciting, electric and effective defenses around. atleast since the cowher era began. i would still have to take the colts offense over any offense the pats took to the sb. thats not me being a hater. thats just being a realist. if it came to winning 1 game i would still pick steve young and jerry rice over troy aikman and michael irvin even though as a tandem the cowboy pair lead in sb's 3-1

btw was d. givens 137 yds the 1st 100 yd game for a pat wr this season?

Hey Tony,

I cant argue with the choice of the Colts offense...if it wasnt for the fact they have kept banging heads with the Pats D every year then they might well have been the most dominant offense of all time.

As far as 100 yd receivers go we have had only 3 other performances in previous games this year.

D. Givens 9-130 vs Steelers

D. Graham 5-119 vs Falcons

D. Branch 8-107 vs Falcons

We also had a 99yd performance in week 1 against the Raiders by D. Branch.

Pats receivers certainly dont make good choices for fantasy Leagues - Brady shares the ball around too much - we thought Branch might put up some big numbers but he is the guy attracting double coverage most weeks so Brady tends to check down.

NM