PDA

View Full Version : Jets' Ellis fined $10,000 for tossing snow at fans

fugawzi
12-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Did anyone see this? He threw a HUGE snow BRICK at Seahawks fans after the Jets' loss Sunday. It's actually pretty hilarious when you see it. Nobody got hurt. There's 2 different camera angles in the videos.

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-aUA8Owyo&eurl=http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112850121

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI9C0n63F68

The Patriot
12-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Expect a lawsuit

TackleMeBen
12-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Coach Eric Mangini thought his team was put in a dangerous predicament as it walked off the field, saying several people were pelted with snowballs.

"That situation in the stadium in general was not a very safe situation for anybody involved," Mangini said. "That doesn't justify us getting involved in it on the flip side of that. He understands that. We thought that there could've been more done to prevent what was happening in terms of the safety from snowballs coming down."

Mangini seemed to indicate the Jets could file a formal complaint to the league regarding the behavior of Seattle's fans.

"I wouldn't want that to happen at our stadium," he said. "I'm sure Seattle didn't want that, either. It's just something that hopefully can be avoided whether it's us, Seattle, whoever in the future. You just don't want someone to get struck and hurt in that environment."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8982200/Jets'-Ellis-fined-$10,000-for-tossing-snow-at-fans

lilyoder6
12-23-2008, 09:30 PM
the jets were in a bad situation but this accident could be a head-ACHE

if the person who got hit could sue the player the team and the league... thats a lot of money

steelergirl07
12-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Seattle fans are tards. Good they got hit with that brick!! (I'm just venting, i'm glad no one got hurt).

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 10:31 PM
uh, yeah, thats real nice fugawzi, but what i really need is the link to the full size picture of your avitar you posted... :wink02:

:chuckle:

i think you should request a sig size exemption....

the jets were in a bad situation but this accident could be a head-ACHE

if the person who got hit could sue the player the team and the league... thats a lot of moneythe person who "got hit" actually caught the beachball sized clump of snow and seemed happy and proud to do so.

however that was dumb by ellis especially if it woulda landed on a little kids head.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-24-2008, 12:51 AM
I can't beleive Mangina is throwing a fit over snowballs. His players are wearing helmets and pads anyhow, it's not like they are in any real danger.

If you don't wanna get pelted with some snowballs, then run into the tunnel where the fans can't hit you with the big bad snowballs!

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Ellis should be arrested. Looked like the fan suffered major health trouble.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Ellis should be arrested. Looked like the fan suffered major health trouble.

Nah, he was already retarded...he's a Seahawks fan.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-24-2008, 03:09 AM
Idiotic move by an idiotic player. Like already stated, you're a big bad football player and can knock around and get knocked around by big strong men, but you throw a tantrum when someone throws snowballs at you. Moron...

SteelersMongol
12-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Seahacks fans were throwing snowballs at the losing teams' players? How retarded is that? I guess winning 1 or 2 here in there 4 the entire season means a friggin lot 2 em, huh?

HometownGal
12-24-2008, 11:06 PM
That wasn't very smart of Ellis, no doubt about it.

Thank God they weren't playing in Philly - that bunch of nar-nars would have done far worse, I'm sure. Same fanbase who booed Santa a few years back and pelted him with snowballs. I don't mind the Eagles and I highly respect Andy Reid, but I can't stomach their fans.

brick
12-25-2008, 01:08 AM
hah something was on tv today on espn about that santa-snowball incident in phili, to this day there isn't actual footage of it happening, but since then on some gamedays santa is restricted to outside lincoln financial only so it doesn't happen again.

and regarding the fine, hopefully no one was hurt, but c'mon its only snow (even if it was thrown by a pro football player). they shouldn't have been throwing snowballs at the players in the first place.

steelpride12
12-25-2008, 04:26 PM
How is that a fine come on guys. He threw snow, no big deal he was having fun, not trying to hurt anyone. IMO another pathetic fine from the league and commish.

The Patriot
12-25-2008, 07:38 PM
How is that a fine come on guys. He threw snow, no big deal he was having fun, not trying to hurt anyone. IMO another pathetic fine from the league and commish.

You have to get with the times, man!

A woman sued McDonald's because she spilled coffee on herself... Successfully!!!

xfl2001fan
12-25-2008, 08:36 PM
You have to get with the times, man!

A woman sued McDonald's because she spilled coffee on herself... Successfully!!!

Sadly enough, it was because the lid did not indicate the coffee was hot (and this was years before the Iced Coffee craze.)

klick81
12-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't think this is a big deal AT ALL, but like it's been said, more has been lost for less.