PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Superstition

SteelCityKing
12-23-2008, 08:20 PM
do you have a Pittsburgh Steeler related superstition that you hate to admit you do before each game? some pro athletes have them and i know i do. so, tell me what yours are IF you have them.

this may be a pointless thread in the wake of that stupid loss to the Titans, but i thought it'd be a good one to try and have some fun.

==========

every week before a Steeler game, preseason included, a buy my game food and buy a 6 pack of Rolling Rock the Friday before the game. i ALWAYS have to drink Rolling Rock.

the Saturday before a Sunday game, i break out my Steeler gear. a jersey, the Terrible Towel, and whatever other tee shirts or hats i have. IF i leave the house, i wear my gear. if not, i keep it ready for one i wake up on Sunday. to me, Steeler Sunday is like Christmas morning. i wake up extra early and get my pre-game watching over with. RIGHT before kick off i strap on my gear (including old school black and yellow Chucks) and find my spot on the couch. beer in hand and 10 month old puppy (in Steeler gear too) at my side. i make sure my house phone is off and my cell phone is on silent. ther remote control is ready to mute the commericals and then i get ready for the kick off.

sounds like a typical ritual...BUT the devil is in the Towel. i have my Terrible Towel in hand and i wear it around my neck on offensive plays and i rest it on my lap on defensive plays. on 4th quarter comebacks, i wear it on my head instead of a hat...just incase i have to puke it my hat. haha!

IF the Steelers win...i wear my gear for the rest of the day and i am Mr. Happy Go Lucky. IF the Steelers lose, i disrobe and hang my jerseys back up in the closet and put my gear back where it belongs only to wait until the following week. but, you can't even talk to me for the next week or so and i find myself reading Steeler magazines and books and watching Steeler dvds. i kill alot of time on these boards as well. =)

maybe i take it a LITTLE too seriously...but i'm sure there are more freaks out there. i want to get the skinny on those cats. haha!

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-23-2008, 08:46 PM
If I am wearing a hat, if our defense is on the field my hat has to go backwards (I want REVERSE plays)...

O line... hat turns around for advance field plays...

Yep.. its sad.

Steel_Bus_24
12-23-2008, 08:51 PM
I'll watch the game on different TVs throughout the house depending on how we're playing....(i.e one TV might have more luck then the other)

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 09:02 PM
i didnt, but now i will be SURE to bump the "tomlin 0-7 in 4:15 games" thread before every remaining game.

which reminds me, i should do it now.

warddj86
12-23-2008, 09:30 PM
If I am wearing a hat, if our defense is on the field my hat has to go backwards (I want REVERSE plays)...

O line... hat turns around for advance field plays...

Yep.. its sad.

Wow, your hat must be turned around a lot.

The Duke
12-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Of course

Never run out of beer. If I do the steelers probably lose

I don't know why I started it but I must have had my reasons :alcoholic:

cowboykilla
12-23-2008, 10:46 PM
i didnt, but now i will be SURE to bump the "tomlin 0-7 in 4:15 games" thread before every remaining game.

which reminds me, i should do it now.PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! We know,0-7 in 4:15 games.:nono:

KeiselPower99
12-23-2008, 10:53 PM
During the season I grow a beard if we are on a winning streak I dont trim or shave. Also I have to wear a jersey and a steelers shirt under it.

augustashark
12-23-2008, 11:05 PM
I get laid before every game.

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 11:51 PM
PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! We know,0-7 in 4:15 games.:nono:

:smoker:

butt out

Steeldude
12-24-2008, 12:18 AM
it's mostly because of logic and partly because of superstition, but i never say "the steelers will definitely win". this dates back to when the steelers lost to the lions on thanksgiving to a score of 45-3.

who loses to a QB named eric hipple?

Galax Steeler
12-24-2008, 04:49 AM
I put my jersey on sunday morning then when it gets closer to the game I get my beer ready.

wootawnee
12-24-2008, 06:28 AM
"every week before a Steeler game, preseason included, a buy my game food and buy a 6 pack of Rolling Rock the Friday before the game. i ALWAYS have to drink Rolling Rock."

For your information ....Rolling Rock is not Rolling Rock any more......It is not made from that fresh mountain spring water coming off of the first ridge of the Appalation mountain range up in Latrobe, Pa anymore...........
.................And here is the kicker..........It is made from the worst water in the country in New Jersey now,and they still call it by our old name because they bought it.........That's right ....Anheiser/Bush bought it(budweiser)..............and the succulant taste of our mother Beer is gone for good........Except for all my buds up in the hills that horded a few thousand cases of the real stuff at the end of the line, ya can't get the real thing anymore..............It was the best tasting beer in the world when you could get one fresh........We miss it...............We want our old brew back............My advice to all the old RR beer drinkers out there......Is to switch to Heineken, cause it is the only thing that is close to the old nectar from the hills of Latrobe, Pa.....

Long Live Local 1451.........Love ya brothers.........

Lock Down
12-24-2008, 06:58 AM
it's mostly because of logic and partly because of superstition, but i never say "the steelers will definitely win". this dates back to when the steelers lost to the lions on thanksgiving to a score of 45-3.

who loses to a QB named eric hipple?

I feel the same in regards to proclaiming a win. Can't underestimate or overlook an opponent, been burnt before.

If i can't be home for the Steelers game i will wear my jersey to and from work, not that most people down here know who the Steelers are, but still have to represent! Though i have seen a fellow Steelers fan wearing a Franco Harris jersey in the city streets.

stlrtruck
12-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Well I do the following:

1) Friday before the game I put the Steelers CD (collection of 25 Steelers songs) and listen to on the drive to and from work and wherever I go. The CD stays in the truck the entire weekend

2) Gameday I wear my Steelers socks, steelers sneakers, and of course my jersey and hat

3) If it's the playoffs - no shaving allowed!

vasteeler
12-24-2008, 10:23 AM
wow I thought I was the only one
1 I have to be at home to watch the game no bar no friends house nowhere but home
2 my son and both have to have our jerseys on
3 I have to have my steelers helmet on top of the tv

steelreserve
12-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I get laid before every game.

Yeah, and Max Starks is going to be our next great punt returner.

fordfan485
12-24-2008, 10:51 PM
I used to not wear the Roethlisberger Jersey I got for last Christmas on game days, I wore it when we lost to baltimore last year, the jags in the playoffs, buffalo in the preseason and then the eagles. Meanwhile every time i wore my authentic hines ward jersey we won a game! Needless to say the streaks ended. Lately it has been reversed though.

augustashark
12-25-2008, 03:11 AM
Yeah, and Max Starks is going to be our next great punt returner.

Every sunday morning at about 11am, I pump some iron and work up a good sweat and then.......HELLO!!!! it starts with :naughty: and then a :kiss: and then :lust::lust::lust: and then :whip::whip: and somemore of :lust: then the phone rings and :argue: then back to :lust::lust: then :danceshout::danceshout::danceshout: and then :smoker: then I always think about what if :storkb: and then I start thinking about :cya: but the thought of the little lady :pin: then it's straight to :bowdown::bowdown: and there you have it......Typical Sunday morning.

No one else does this before every game???

eafratitpm3
12-25-2008, 04:20 AM
I used to not wear the Roethlisberger Jersey I got for last Christmas on game days, I wore it when we lost to baltimore last year, the jags in the playoffs, buffalo in the preseason and then the eagles. Meanwhile every time i wore my authentic hines ward jersey we won a game! Needless to say the streaks ended. Lately it has been reversed though.
How funny, I did the same thing, the last time I wore my Roethlisberger Jersey was the Colts game. Since then I wore only the Hines Jersey. I will be switching to the Polamalu Jersey from here on out.

HometownGal
12-25-2008, 08:03 AM
This is the first season that I have worn my Farrior jersey for every game, as in prior seasons, I would alternate jerseys. He's had a great season and the Steelers have won 11 games, so I'm gonna keep on wrapping myself in James on game days! :tt03: I also wear my Steelers charm bracelet religiously on game days.

LambertIsGod58
12-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Back in 2005 and early 2006, I wore the same clothes every game day after we beat the Bungles. They were washed, but for some reason I felt the need to wear them.....

stillers4me
12-25-2008, 08:36 AM
I wear my Polamalu jersey, my Steelers charm bracelet, my Troy earrings, and my lucky Steelers undergutchies every Sunday.

stillers4me
12-25-2008, 08:38 AM
I shave every Sunday morning. Only day of the week I shave during the season. After we lost to the colts I said something had to give, so now I have a big beard that i won't shave until after we win the SB. LOL

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really is all Ben's fault!

He needs to stop shaving and grow that dang beard back! :doh:

KeiselPower99
12-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Had to quit drinking it, everything Budweiser makes gives me headaches. I couldn't figure out why I was suddenly getting headaches and then I read online about the buyout and it all made sense. I think they are killing a great brand.

Budweiser makes me sicker then a dog. If I drink it has to be Killians Irish Red or Sam Adams. They are the only beers that dont make me sicker then a dog.

steelersfanman92
12-25-2008, 09:10 AM
I always wear my Hines jersy the same Steelers hat and sit in the same chair