PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

Polamalu Princess
12-23-2008, 09:54 PM
I know it is early and I have not a single clue as to what I am getting for "Christ"mas, but our daughter had an early present and I thought that I would share HER little bundle of joy. I am having a hard time loading the picture - hopefully this will work. If not - please help me. This is Faith's Teacup Poodle named Beauty.

Merry Christmas!

Please share your gifts that you give or get with us.

stlrtruck
12-24-2008, 08:01 AM
I only know of two things at the moment that I'm getting.

1) My wife got me a new pair of Steelers sneakers as my old ones are beat up.

2) My brother-in-laws got me a 10x10 pop up Steelers tent!!!!

xfl2001fan
12-24-2008, 08:18 AM
My mom got my family the Sports Package Wii. Should be fun...I don't know who's more excited between my two 9 year olds and...me. LOL

I have no clue what my wife got me...for three straight years, I've asked for dumbells...I'd like to think third time is a charm, but then again...she aint' got it right yet. :flap:

My wife is getting a copy of "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" and a new wedding ring. She asked for a plain band ring because she does so much baking...and it's hard to get dough out of the diamond/sapphire settings. I've already got the ribbons twisted the way I like it...and will be using it as a bookmark, with the wedding band braided into the ribbons.

revefsreleets
12-24-2008, 08:19 AM
I got a HUGE unauthorized charge from AT&T that has overdrawn my checking account. And just in time for Christmas!

Ho-Ho-effing-Ho

HometownGal
12-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Awwwww - what an adorable pup! :thumbsup: I'm sure Faith was a very happy little girl! :hug:

Yesterday, I received a vase with the most beautiful roses I think I've ever seen from someone who is very dear to me! :hug:

Other than my beautiful roses, I have no idea what Santa is bringing me this year. I've been a good girl (well - most of the time :wink02:) so I'll be waiting for his arrival! :saintnick:

Hammer67
12-24-2008, 08:30 AM
All I got for Christmas was my wife's blessing to go to Vegas/California for 6 days with four college friends to watch the Rose Bowl over New Years.

That was a tough decision, especially with a 4 month old at home, but, she is great for recognizing that it would be silly not to go if we have the means.

Now, I have to make it up to her!!!

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 08:42 AM
I haven't received anything yet....but for me it's more about being with my family. This time of year has always been special. My Mom always made it that way.....and still does. But for the sake of this thread, I got my wife a Coach purse. And I got my son his first Lionel train set. Puffs real smoke. I hope at 4yrs old he'll treat it right.

tony hipchest
12-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Yesterday, I received a vase with the most beautiful roses I think I've ever seen from someone who is very dear to me! :hug:

awww thank you. :hug:

...and youre welcome. :laughing:

merry Christmas eve.

i still got shopping to do after work. i love the crowds. NEVER go to a small town wal-mart on Chrismas eve. its assholes and elbows up in there (mostly assholes) :wink02:

i got tickets to go see pitt vs. osu in the sun bowl. :tt03:

TailgateMel
12-24-2008, 09:40 AM
2) My brother-in-laws got me a 10x10 pop up Steelers tent!!!!

Nice brother in laws! Those things are $$$... I'd love to have one.. but they want like $170 at the Dicks for them!

My husband & I bought a 51" HDTV off of craigslist.. it is a CRT 1080p one... it isn't a flat panel, but we have a TV nook in our living room, so we had the room for it... AND we only paid $400!!! Except for stocking stuffers that was our gifts to each other.

I'm psyched 'cuz I didn't think I would be able to afford a big TV like that for a bazillion years.. my husband & I almost died loading it to get it from Shaler to here.. and I have a bunch of bruises & sore muscles.. but it was totally worth it! :tt:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v646/80/73/1412440922/n1412440922_169023_2486.jpg

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 09:57 AM
I got a beautiful jewelry armoir that I having been wanting for years now. JCPenny's had them on sale and with discount on top of discount on top of discount (you ladies know how that works!), I got $240 worth of discounts off $350 dollar original price!

I got my husband a satellite radio for his car........mine has one factory installed and he never gets to listen to NFL radio. Shhhhhh........it's a surprise!

TackleMeBen
12-24-2008, 09:59 AM
this is what i got for christmas, i got it this morning at breakfast!
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/media1-2.jpg

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2008, 10:15 AM
List will show up once I receive mine.

vasteeler
12-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I got a jack lambert porcelian figurine from the danbury mint
it is a replacement because my three year old want to see if the other jack could fly:banging::banging:

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I got a jack lambert porcelian figurine from the danbury mint
it is a replacement because my three year old want to see if the other jack could fly:banging::banging:

LOL!!! funny, not then again not so much.

The Duke
12-24-2008, 11:06 AM
A new hard drive :banana:

awesome dog btw :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
12-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Nice brother in laws! Those things are $$$... I'd love to have one.. but they want like $170 at the Dicks for them!

My husband & I bought a 51" HDTV off of craigslist.. it is a CRT 1080p one... it isn't a flat panel, but we have a TV nook in our living room, so we had the room for it... AND we only paid $400!!! Except for stocking stuffers that was our gifts to each other.

I'm psyched 'cuz I didn't think I would be able to afford a big TV like that for a bazillion years.. my husband & I almost died loading it to get it from Shaler to here.. and I have a bunch of bruises & sore muscles.. but it was totally worth it! :tt:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v646/80/73/1412440922/n1412440922_169023_2486.jpg

They ordered it online at wal-mart and it was like $110 and free shipping from site to shop (meaning they will mail it to your local wal-mart and you pick it up)

And nice TV too!

touchdownward
12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
What am I getting??? Most likely this.....
http://www.dreamproductscatalog.com/images/products/detail/94753.jpg

:chuckle:

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 03:38 PM
this is what i got for christmas, i got it this morning at breakfast!
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/media1-2.jpg

VERY nice!

You can keep it in my new jewelry armoir. :wink02:

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't mean to ruin this for everyone...but it's sort of upsetting seeing a thread like this. With all the people who are out of work with the way things are in this country, I find it somewhat inappropriate. Be thankful for what you have.....as you probably have it better than most. We as people lose sight of that. And it usually only takes reading the daily paper to realize the above. I don't know.....just a thought.

tony hipchest
12-24-2008, 06:18 PM
i wonder what big ben got himself for Christmas with that big ol fat $102 mil contract. :noidea:

LambertIsGod58
12-24-2008, 06:24 PM
i wonder what big ben got himself for Christmas with that big ol fat $102 mil contract. :noidea:

Hopefully he saves enough so he can buy some stickum, you know. So he can hold onto the ball.

tony hipchest
12-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Hopefully he saves enough so he can buy some stickum, you know. So he can hold onto the ball.that stuff is illegal. what he really needs to do is bring back the bionic glove he wore in 05. he's undefeated in that glove.

and the beard. bring back the beard! :tt02:

Preacher
12-24-2008, 07:44 PM
My wife and I set a limit of $100.00 for each other. We both went over it.

She is going to get the Twilight box set series of books, the Heroes season two, the box set of the Mummy, and some sleepy pants that she can work in (she works from home). Not too much, but she'll love it.

Oh yeah, and I got her a 2.0 dolby speaker system for her computer system which is on at least 10 hours a day-- again, she works from home.

Polamalu Princess
12-24-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't mean to ruin this for everyone...but it's sort of upsetting seeing a thread like this. With all the people who are out of work with the way things are in this country, I find it somewhat inappropriate. Be thankful for what you have.....as you probably have it better than most. We as people lose sight of that. And it usually only takes reading the daily paper to realize the above. I don't know.....just a thought.

I am sorry if I upset you or anyone else. I have had many health issues this year and I am thankful just to be alive to see another holiday. I just thought we are a family here and that it would be nice to share. The real meaning of Christmas is Christ...period. Again, I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

GBMelBlount
12-24-2008, 09:34 PM

There is always misery and hardship in the world Lambert. Whether unemployment is at 6% or 5%, I don't see what is inappropriate about sharing joy with our fellow friends at Steelersfever. It certainly doesn't mean we are callous or insensitive. Perhaps we just find happiness in the few things that we can, in addition to family and friends, as you mentioned earlier. That's all.

Merry Christmas! :drink:

X-Terminator
12-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I rebuilt my computer as a gift to myself. WARNING: Geek speak to follow:

- Biostar A740G M2+ mobo (http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=350)
- AMD Athlon X2 5000+ dual-core CPU
- CoolerMaster heatsink/fan
- 2GB PC6400 800MHz dual-channel DDR RAM
- 550W power supply

All for less than $200!

HometownGal
12-24-2008, 10:13 PM
I am sorry if I upset you or anyone else. I have had many health issues this year and I am thankful just to be alive to see another holiday. I just thought we are a family here and that it would be nice to share. The real meaning of Christmas is Christ...period. Again, I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

I'm with you there, Renee. :drink: This last month has been pure HELL, but I'm so, SO grateful that God has healed me so quickly and has given me the strength to deal with everything going on in my life right now. Being able to wake up every day and be able to give and receive the incredible gift of love is life's greatest gift! :hug:

I see nothing offensive about this thread, personally. It's certainly better than some of the B & M threads that have been permeating this board as of late.

KeiselPower99
12-24-2008, 10:53 PM
I got a permanent layoff from my job. Merry Christmas to me huh???

brick
12-25-2008, 12:00 AM
hopefully an indestructible motorcycle helmet :flap:

xfl2001fan
12-25-2008, 05:27 AM

You have nothing to apologize Papa Smurf! :hug: If peoplehttp://forums.steelersfever.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=507039 are offended at the spread of holiday cheer...then that's more an issue with them than you! Merry Christmas to all. If you're reading this, then you've seen another sunrise...which is another opportunity to improve your life...and someone elses!

- Biostar A740G M2+ mobo (http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=350)
- 550W power supply

All for less than $200!

VERY NICE!!!!

I've very sorry to hear that. Do you also work in WV as well as live there? I know WV is rarely a great place for a decent job unless you can work the mines...so I imagine it's even tougher now. Isn't there a Toyota plant near you somewhere? Maybe 20 miles south...??

Regradless, I hope you find a better opportunity soon!

HometownGal
12-25-2008, 07:28 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that, KeiselPower. I hope you can find work very soon. :hug::hug:

LambertIsGod58
12-25-2008, 07:48 AM

No, I owe you the apology. You didn't offend me. I guess my words were more harsh than I realized. It's just that I feel that so many people aren't thankful for what really matters. I'm sorry PP.

KeiselPower99
12-25-2008, 08:47 AM
You have nothing to apologize Papa Smurf! :hug: If peoplehttp://forums.steelersfever.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=507039 are offended at the spread of holiday cheer...then that's more an issue with them than you! Merry Christmas to all. If you're reading this, then you've seen another sunrise...which is another opportunity to improve your life...and someone elses!

VERY NICE!!!!

I've very sorry to hear that. Do you also work in WV as well as live there? I know WV is rarely a great place for a decent job unless you can work the mines...so I imagine it's even tougher now. Isn't there a Toyota plant near you somewhere? Maybe 20 miles south...??

Regradless, I hope you find a better opportunity soon!

Yea I work here as well as live here. Im probably gonna have to go into the mines and work if I wanna stay around here. They are booming all over the state and pay pretty decent around 23 an hour for redhats(new miners). The Toyota plant is about an hour away and in the middle of a corn field. They pay good but arent hiring right now do to the auto market being down. With being layed off I might get the chance to go back to school and actually finish something this time. Anyways thanks for your concern its pretty crappy getting told your job is gone 2 days before Christmas.

The Duke
12-25-2008, 12:37 PM

- 550W power supply

All for less than $200!

Awesome!!

let me guess....newegg?

Bought a 160 GB HD there

MACH1
12-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Yea I work here as well as live here. Im probably gonna have to go into the mines and work if I wanna stay around here. They are booming all over the state and pay pretty decent around 23 an hour for redhats(new miners). The Toyota plant is about an hour away and in the middle of a corn field. They pay good but arent hiring right now do to the auto market being down. With being layed off I might get the chance to go back to school and actually finish something this time. Anyways thanks for your concern its pretty crappy getting told your job is gone 2 days before Christmas.

Sorry to hear that.
Could of been a little worse, like a job I had about 10 years ago. They announced name by name of who was getting laid off at the company Christmas party. Nice bonus huh? Thats how I found out that year and never went back when they called. It was a crappy job anyway.

stillers4me
12-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear that.
Could of been a little worse, like a job I had about 10 years ago. They announced name by name of who was getting laid off at the company Christmas party. Nice bonus huh? Thats how I found out that year and never went back when they called. It was a crappy job anyway.

Wow. Merry shove it up your butt Christmas that must have been. At the Christmas party? Idea of the year, right there.

Polamalu Princess
12-25-2008, 03:47 PM
:hug::hug:No, I owe you the apology. You didn't offend me. I guess my words were more harsh than I realized. It's just that I feel that so many people aren't thankful for what really matters. I'm sorry PP.:hug::hug:

xfl2001fan
12-25-2008, 05:46 PM

Is there nothing available in Marietta as well? The mines might pay well...but that doesn't necessarily make it a good job. Best of luck to you and your family bro! I'll send a prayer your way!

Polamalu Princess
12-25-2008, 06:22 PM

I sure hope and pray that you pick something up quickly. I hope you were still able to have a wonderful Christmas.

Steelman16
12-25-2008, 07:45 PM
My dad bought me a reversible Steelers knit hat. It's awesome!

And believe it or not, it's my first piece of Steelers gear. (ok, shoot me. I'm still a hardcore fan. :chuckle: )

:tt02: :tt02:

X-Terminator
12-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Awesome!!

let me guess....newegg?

Bought a 160 GB HD there

No, actually I got the parts from PartsPC.com and 3BTech.com. Both are big sellers on Pricewatch, just as Newegg, and are pretty cheap. I've ordered from Newegg before though, when I did the the last upgrade 2 and a half years ago. I was running an AMD Sempron 3100 on a Gigabyte mobo up until now.

Polamalu Princess
12-25-2008, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=xfl2001fan;507039]Papa Smurf! :hug:
QUOTE]

You crack me up with the Papa Smurf - GB is rolling on the floor as well!!!!:hug::rofl::rofl:

Polamalu Princess
12-25-2008, 08:31 PM
BTW - our house was full of joy and the spirit of Christmas this morning. Tom and Faith were so sweet with love and such thoughtful presents that I needed! What a grand gift love is!!! I am sick, but we had a wonderful time with family today. Our daughter gave the blessing for the food and we were so proud of her wonderful prayer to God - giving thanks.

May God bless all of you and keep you in His loving care.:hug:

devilsdancefloor
12-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Well i dont get much for christmas because well honestly times are rough around here, but i did get a pilsner steelers glass & 8X10 color autographed pics of randel el and troy polamalu. But the best gift of all is my family and the time i get to spend with them this time of the year. i am very blessed with what i consider the best family in the world. So truthfully that would be more then plenty. I just hope you all have a very merry christmas and have a blessed time with your families!

Polamalu Princess
12-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Well i dont get much for christmas because well honestly times are rough around here, but i did get a pilsner steelers glass & 8X10 color autographed pics of randel el and troy polamalu. But the best gift of all is my family and the time i get to spend with them this time of the year. i am very blessed with what i consider the best family in the world. So truthfully that would be more then plenty. I just hope you all have a very merry christmas and have a blessed time with your families!

Blessed - that is such a wonderful feeling - huh? Even when times are tough, we can be thankful for just having love around us.

beSteelmyheart
12-25-2008, 09:24 PM
We didn't go crazy this year cuz we are saving money for a house-no football stuff this year-I got a good new iron, a makeup mirror, a gift certificate & a carton of cigs! I'm a practical kind of girl!
Plus I have a sweet hardworking man who takes good care of me & who puts up with me & still loves me. And he's a Browns fan! :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
12-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Steelers Wall Calendar
Steelers Training Camp Shirt
Penn State Rose Bowl Shirt as well as a Conference Champions with Pasadena or Bust on it.
Dan Rooney My Life with Pittsburgh Steelers and the NFL
Penn State Photo Album
Pittsburgh Pirates Shirt
NCAA Basketball 09
Penn State Nittany Lion Fanatic T-Shirt
Other Shirts/Jeans

KeiselPower99
12-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Is there nothing available in Marietta as well? The mines might pay well...but that doesn't necessarily make it a good job. Best of luck to you and your family bro! I'll send a prayer your way!

A couple of the chemical plants will be hiring in the spring Ill be looking into them then. Hopefully the job service lets me into the back to school program and I can get a good degree or some good training. I thank you all for your support and prayers and Ill let yall know when I find something else.

Big7BenHOF
12-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers Greatest Games DVD
Pittsburgh Steelers Ash Sideline Stencil Shirt
Pittsburgh Steelers Orbital White Shirt
Pittsburgh Steelers Calendar
Pittsburgh Steelers Neon Light
Pittsburgh Penguins Wall Clock
ESPN Shirt
ESPN Hoodie
Money..........probably to buy more Steelers stuff. LoL

devilsdancefloor
12-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Blessed - that is such a wonderful feeling - huh? Even when times are tough, we can be thankful for just having love around us.

It truely is a awesome feeling! i also feel pretty blessed on finding steelers fever! You all have been wonderful making me feel welcome and part of the steeler nation. We all might not agree 100% of the time, but we can agree on one thing GO STEELERS!:tt::tt::tt::tt03::tt03::tt02::tt02:

GBMelBlount
12-26-2008, 06:51 AM
5 pounds heavier.

KeiselPower99
12-26-2008, 08:06 AM
5 pounds heavier.

Ya will lose some of that after ya take the Browns to the Super Bowl.

stlrtruck
12-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Ok, I think I've had one of the best Christmas' this year....

1) New Steelers pint glasses
2) Steelers calendar for the office
3) Willie Parker throwback/vintage jersey
4) New Steelers shoes
5) Steelers 10x10 pop-up tent
6) And the kicker present - my neighbor across the street who is a marine (and unfortunately a patriots* fan) came back from active duty on Christmas eve and when I took my daughter over to his house yesterday - he's like I got a present for you and he throws me a replica Rocky Bleier jersey and as I'm checking it out - it's autographed! While it's missing the Steelers emblem, the name and numbers are sewn in and the autograph has the authenticty tag on the jersey too. Next stop - frame shop!

X-Terminator
12-26-2008, 08:42 AM
BTW KeiselPower - sorry to hear about your layoff and best of luck to you in your efforts to find a new job. This was brought up before, but I don't know why employers can't wait until after Christmas to lay people off. That was just wrong.

LambertIsGod58
12-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Ok, I think I've had one of the best Christmas' this year....

1) New Steelers pint glasses
2) Steelers calendar for the office
3) Willie Parker throwback/vintage jersey
4) New Steelers shoes
5) Steelers 10x10 pop-up tent
6) And the kicker present - my neighbor across the street who is a marine (and unfortunately a patriots* fan) came back from active duty on Christmas eve and when I took my daughter over to his house yesterday - he's like I got a present for you and he throws me a replica Rocky Bleier jersey and as I'm checking it out - it's autographed! While it's missing the Steelers emblem, the name and numbers are sewn in and the autograph has the authenticty tag on the jersey too. Next stop - frame shop!

Nice gift from your Marine buddy! There's NO player I admire and respect more in Steelers history than Rocky Bleier.

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2008, 09:48 AM
I got 2 Steeler ties, the Bettis Book, a light up Steelers neon sign, a Steeler ornament and a playoff spot for my favorite team.

My "kids" got a Wii and Guitar Hero...um...yeah...its for the Kids...sure it is.

LOL!

pittsburghp8baller
12-26-2008, 10:46 AM
got a couple 360 games, a 19 inch HD TV and a butt load of steelers/notre dame clothes.

i would give everything i got though to get my mom sent back from iraq though, its been hard for all of us espcially my younger brothers and sister (im the oldest, one of them is only four).

Keisel, sorry to hear about your job, ill pray for you to find a new job quickly. My hours have been cut back quite a bite lately, and i work at the same place my dad is a supervisor at.

TackleMeBen
12-26-2008, 11:10 AM
You can keep it in my new jewelry armoir.
stillers, that means i would have to come to cincy and deliever it... i try not to go to ohio unless its on my way to NC.. but i am sure i will be visiting more,now that my friend just moved to sandusky...and besides it looks just fine on my hand ..lol.
i wonder what big ben got himself for Christmas with that big ol fat $102 mil contract.
maybe he went out and bought himself a new offensive line...

Blitzburgh_Fever
12-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I got:

3 pairs of pajama pants
1 self-manicure kit
1 set of Maker's Mark drinking glasses, swizzle sticks, shot glasses, etc
1 renewed subscription to Men's Health
1 exercise shirt/shorts combo thing
1 breakfast in bed from the woman
3 books

Good Christmas :applaudit:

But I wonder...going by my gifts I'm: too lazy to wear pants, need improved hygeine, drink too much, need to continue my subscription to a fitness magazine, and need to exercise more, but really I'm just too lazy to do any of that and would rather eat in bed and read all day with my honey :noidea:

Guess it's true that no one knows you like your family! :laughing:

SteelCityKing
12-26-2008, 05:34 PM
a hand made Steeler blanket
a desk top Steeler fact calendar
pjs
a hand made scarf
a new wallet by Kenneth Cole
that's all. haha! i didn't get ANYTHING i asked for...not a thing. i guess xmas is over for me. at the tender age of 26, i have lost faith in the ability to receive gifts i want and i have gained faith in buying my own f*cking presents this year. haha!

stlrtruck
12-26-2008, 07:46 PM
a hand made Steeler blanket
a desk top Steeler fact calendar
pjs
a hand made scarf
a new wallet by Kenneth Cole
that's all. haha! i didn't get ANYTHING i asked for...not a thing. i guess xmas is over for me. at the tender age of 26, i have lost faith in the ability to receive gifts i want and i have gained faith in buying my own f*cking presents this year. haha!

Maybe you should stop putting the lamborghini on your list and go for something less exotic. :rofl: Just kidding.

There have been many a year when I thanked people for the gifts they gave me, kept a few, took a few back, and then used the returned items cash to get my own gift. But don't worry, it gets better. You'll get married and your wife, hopefully, will understand STEELERS, STEELERS, STEELERS and STEELERS unless a Christmas List suggests an alternative stick with Steelers!

devilsdancefloor
12-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Maybe you should stop putting the lamborghini on your list and go for something less exotic. :rofl: Just kidding.

There have been many a year when I thanked people for the gifts they gave me, kept a few, took a few back, and then used the returned items cash to get my own gift. But don't worry, it gets better. You'll get married and your wife, hopefully, will understand STEELERS, STEELERS, STEELERS and STEELERS unless a Christmas List suggests an alternative stick with Steelers!

i have been trying for 20 years to get her to beleive in steelers steelers steelers to no avail! she like south americas team. But she has learned that even if we go 6-10 the steelers are still alot better than her team:thumbsup:! ok she just gives me that look every woman has and says whatever lol! But i got 3 of the 4 kids on my side now so i might be winning her over maybe in another 20 years she will see the light!:toofunny:

SCSTILLER
12-26-2008, 09:59 PM
I probably got the greatest gift I could have gotten this year (I know, sounds like a Lexus commercial), but it was. OK, here it is:

I am an avid cyclist, and my nickname among the cyclist group I belong to is Mr. Goodbar. Reason I am nicknamed that is because everyone keeps asking my girlfriend/future fiance if I am Mr. Goodbar (inside joke that I am not even in with). So, my girlfriend wrote me a poem about us meeting and dating and Mr. Goodbar and in the bag was a Mr. Goodbar cycling jersey. With the poem, not being in on the joke, and the jersey, I had perma grin all day long. Doesn't seem like much, but doesn't take much with me.

Hope Santa brought you everything you deserved, and then some!

Polamalu Princess
12-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I probably got the greatest gift I could have gotten this year (I know, sounds like a Lexus commercial), but it was. OK, here it is:

I am an avid cyclist, and my nickname among the cyclist group I belong to is Mr. Goodbar. Reason I am nicknamed that is because everyone keeps asking my girlfriend/future fiance if I am Mr. Goodbar (inside joke that I am not even in with). So, my girlfriend wrote me a poem about us meeting and dating and Mr. Goodbar and in the bag was a Mr. Goodbar cycling jersey. With the poem, not being in on the joke, and the jersey, I had perma grin all day long. Doesn't seem like much, but doesn't take much with me.

Hope Santa brought you everything you deserved, and then some!

I have a grin on my face just reading this! You are full of joy and I love it and feel it from your post!!!!