PDA

View Full Version : The team that makes you...

Crushzilla
12-25-2008, 09:21 AM
One more exhibition until the playoffs.

Of the other 8 teams either in or around the playoff scene which, in your opinion, would give the Steelers the most trouble?

stillers4me
12-25-2008, 09:22 AM
The Colts.

LambertIsGod58
12-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Indy....I totally think we can beat Tenn. But Manning and that offense always seems to give us more than we want.

Crushzilla
12-25-2008, 09:24 AM
I actually am going with Indy too.

If Manning got hot we'd be in a world of trouble...

This team is NOT built for shoot-outs.

Crushzilla
12-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Hmm.

It appears that my poll only lasts one day...

VOTE OR DIE!

LambertIsGod58
Yeah, I don't think our secondary is as improved as we all might think. If Manning can get great protection, we'd possibly be in for a very long day. The key to our defense is pressure, IMO.

Hapa
I voted for Tennessee. They manhandled the Steelers physically, and they aren't used to that. Their hopes will always be up against the Colts because they don't hit.

KeiselPower99
12-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Indy cause Peyton is a bitch to play.

steelersfanman92
12-25-2008, 10:07 AM
The colts when manning is hot you cant stop him

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I am going against the grain and saying Titans. Indy beat us because of luck, Titans beat us because we played lousy and they played pretty well. Manning isn't a problem if he ends up on his ass a couple of times. He gets frustrated and doesn't play well when he can't keep his cool. I noticed early on in this past Colts/Steelers game that when he got sacked he threw a fit!

HughC
12-25-2008, 03:37 PM
I said Tennessee. Titans and Ravens can both present problems with their defense and physical play, but Tennessee has a better offense and a palyoff veteran QB, while Baltimore has a rookie QB and inferior offense. Colts with Manning are a concern if they get on a roll, but he can get frustrated under pressure. Patriots are a team that never seems to ever lose to the same team twice in a season but I think they've had way too many injuries this year. Too many holes in the defenses of the Chargers, Broncos, Jets and Dolphins to be of any concern to me this year.

steelpride12
12-25-2008, 04:24 PM
The Colts. They have one what. 8 games in a row any Seyton just has been having unbelievable games and even against Houston with 2 INT and no TD's they still found a way to win.

The defense has woken up and seems to know our run game well and is forcing Ben to throw bad passes with their quick outside blitz.

millwalldavey
12-25-2008, 06:48 PM
I say Indy. Too battle tested not to be a problem.

SteelersMongol
12-25-2008, 08:48 PM
The Ratbirds

Steelman16
12-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Both Ratbird games have been awfully close, so I go with them.

I don't discount Tennessee or Indianapolis. The Colts won through our mistakes, but I too wouldn't want Manning to get hot if we have to play them. I believe if we play the Titans again, we'll do the crushing. It wasn't as bad of a loss as the final score indicated. Take those big turnovers away, and we had that game IMO.

stlrtruck
12-26-2008, 09:07 AM
I' m more worried about the ratbirds defense than anything else. They're the #2 ranked defense and a division opponent - never liked playing an opponent a third time!

Galax Steeler
12-26-2008, 09:56 AM
I would have to say the ratbird a division rival and we beat them twice so beating them 3 in a row would be tough.

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2008, 10:35 AM
None of the Above

I'm a Blind Homer!

X-Terminator
12-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Baltimore. It's tough to beat a division team 3 times, even at home. They are as solid a team as there is heading into the playoffs, assuming of course they take care of business against the Jags.

steel striker
12-26-2008, 01:14 PM
For me it's the colts they are very dangerous. If you can't get to Manning he can pick you a part to beat titans it is simple pressure on collins and stop the run and, I like our chances. The rats it would be another tight ball game that came down to the war of who does not make the big turnover.

tony hipchest
12-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I don't think our secondary is as improved as we all might think. If Manning can get great protection, we'd possibly be in for a very long day. The key to our defense is pressure, IMO.lol. i know our secondary has improved as much as we think.

how can you use statistics to constantly discredit ben, but you cant use the same statistics to give credit to the secondary?

"if manning can get great protection..."? how bout if ben can get great protection? every other team would be in for a long day plus a loss. manning always gets great protection.

as far as our secondary goes, they are #1 in the league in pass defense. 1 play for longer than 50 yds, and the leagues int leader. were right at the top in sacks, too.

we shut down some of your favorite qb's such as rivers, romo, mcnabb, cassel, and stuffed some of the league leading wr's such as a. johnson, welker, moss, moss, plex,

this double standard you use to constantly doubt and discredit the steelers baffles me.

anyways, the colts are the 1 team that can easilly come back from a 21 point deficit in the 4th quarter. you can never put the nail in their coffin. they scare me the most.

LambertIsGod58
12-26-2008, 05:03 PM
lol. i know our secondary has improved as much as we think.

how can you use statistics to constantly discredit ben, but you cant use the same statistics to give credit to the secondary?

"if manning can get great protection..."? how bout if ben can get great protection? every other team would be in for a long day plus a loss. manning always gets great protection.

as far as our secondary goes, they are #1 in the league in pass defense. 1 play for longer than 50 yds, and the leagues int leader. were right at the top in sacks, too.

we shut down some of your favorite qb's such as rivers, romo, mcnabb, cassel, and stuffed some of the league leading wr's such as a. johnson, welker, moss, moss, plex,

this double standard you use to constantly doubt and discredit the steelers baffles me.

anyways, the colts are the 1 team that can easilly come back from a 21 point deficit in the 4th quarter. you can never put the nail in their coffin. they scare me the most.

Being ranked #1 against the pass can be a total result of the front 7. Were those receivers and QB's shut down b/c of the secondary? I don't think so. Has the secondary improved, yes. I'm just saying that I've seen of late that are more vulnerable than I originally thought. If you don't, :noidea: This has nothing to do with Ben, as much as you'd like it to.

SteelCityKing
12-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Colts

the Steelers are looking for revenge. i wouldn't want to meet up with them in the playoffs after a regular season loss. especially a stupid one to the Colts.

tony hipchest
12-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Being ranked #1 against the pass can be a total result of the front 7. Were those receivers and QB's shut down b/c of the secondary? I don't think so. Has the secondary improved, yes. I'm just saying that I've seen of late that are more vulnerable than I originally thought. If you don't, :noidea: This has nothing to do with Ben, as much as you'd like it to.ben has nothing to do with the secondary. i dont know why you even bring him up. old habbits must be hard to break, i guess. :hunch:

so "of late" where has the steelers secondary fallen? do you mean their one and only lousy game against the titans where they still didnt allow a 250 yd passer? im not too worried, with exception of peyton working some magic. it took 2 miracle flukes for wayne to beat taylor the first game. i really dont think peyton can have lightning strike twice.

not against this defense.

The Duke
12-26-2008, 06:53 PM
ben has nothing to do with the secondary. i dont know why you even bring him up. old habbits must be hard to break, i guess. :hunch:

so "of late" where has the steelers secondary fallen? do you mean their one and only lousy game against the titans where they still didnt allow a 250 yd passer? im not too worried, with exception of peyton working some magic. it took 2 miracle flukes for wayne to beat taylor the first game. i really dont think peyton can have lightning strike twice.

not against this defense.

Not only that but he needed 2 ben turnovers to get the other 2 tds

Man, if the offense just didn't turn the ball over so much this team could be invincible

missedgehead
12-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I am going against the grain and saying Titans. Indy beat us because of luck, Titans beat us because we played lousy and they played pretty well. Manning isn't a problem if he ends up on his ass a couple of times. He gets frustrated and doesn't play well when he can't keep his cool. I noticed early on in this past Colts/Steelers game that when he got sacked he threw a fit!

Well to answer the question:

The teams that would concern me are: Colts (the Colts didn't beat us because of "luck", they beat us because we had them beat but a certain party who shall never EVER be criticized even it if his lousy play warrants it threw a couple of ill advised INTS. When you have Peyton Manning beat, you have to step on his proverbial throat. You can not make stupid mistakes and let him back in the game.) , Ravens (definitely a threat, especially a THIRD time around), Titans (manhandled us. enough said), and, God willing, if they are able to get in (Chants J E T S JETS JETS JETS), the Patriots ( Playing VERY WELL down the stretch)

RoethlisBURGHer
12-27-2008, 09:01 AM
If I could have voted, it would have been the Ravens.

We see eachother 2 times a year naturally. They know us, we know them. Both games were very close, not to mention they will be out to injure some of our players of gived a chance.

HometownGal
12-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Right now, as they seem to be surging forward at lightning speed, I would have to say the Colts. Peytoon is getting his groove back on and a hot Peytoon is a dangerous Peytoon.

The Ravens give me a little "boo" because of the possibility of having to play them for the third time this season, but the Steelers always seem to rise to the occasion when we play a divisional opponent.

revefsreleets
12-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Rats. It's almost impossible to beat a good football team 3 times in 1 year.

steelreserve
12-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I would've put the Colts. They and the Titans were the only ones who actually beat us out of that group. And even though we kind of blew it against the Colts, that game could've been reeeeally ugly if we didn't get a few breaks. I seem to remember a few dropped passes on their part that would have absolutely murdered us if they'd been caught.