View Full Version : DID HE OR DIDN'T HE?????
12-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Okay,first of all i know that this has probably been discussed before but i missed it. What's your take on Neil O'Donnell gift wrapping the Super Bowl victory for the cowboys in 96. Was it legit,or did he take a dive? After watching the replays dozens of times,i can honestly say that both passes hit their intended target. What"s your take?
12-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Legit - sorry but he was just a victim of stagefright.
12-25-2008, 06:06 PM
I responded to you in the other thread about QB's. I'll paste my response in here:
1. Corey Holliday ran the wrong route on that second Interception. It's been very well documented. He was playing the role Ernie Mills would have been playing...if he hadn't torn up his knee earlier in the game. Corey made the wrong choice on the route.
2. If there had been a fix, it would have been made known by now. In order to fix anything of that magnitude in the NFL, a lot of people have to be involved. It's not as if we were playing a Junior League team as well. Dallas, with that team, did not need to fix the game to beat us.
3. If Neil was in on the fix, then so was Andre Hastings..who dropped a pass in the wide open field right before the 2nd Interception. That would have put us deep into Cowboy territory to tie the game at 20-20.
4. Although Neil was an accurate passer, he was struggling toward the end of the post season. Watch the AFC Championship Game against the Colts. Neil hit a wide open Quinten Coryatt right in the numbers late in the 4th QTR that would have sealed the game for the Colts. If it wasn't for Ernie Mills stripping the ball away, the Colts win that game. That took place right before he hit Ernie Mills with a deep pass at the 2 yard line.
5. Neil was scheduled to be a unrestricted FA after the season was over. He was going to get his money anyway afer the season was over. Why risk what was coming to him in Free Agency...by the Steelers or someone else...for some minor payout by some Cowboy supporter or Jerry Jones. Think about it, he was going to be a very rich man through FA. He didn't need any "Fix" money.
12-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh for God's sake. :doh::banging::banging:
That is all.
12-25-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm just gonna let this one lie.
12-25-2008, 07:18 PM
What BF said. He is right on.
12-25-2008, 07:22 PM
don't forget that we got to the SB that year on the strength of our passing game and great D.
nobody but blind homers thought we even had a shot in that game, myself included. Dallas played its' worst game of the year, by far, and still managed to win.
blast furnace is 100% right about the corey holliday pick; neil was throwing to a spot and the receiver wasn't there.
12-25-2008, 11:09 PM
:banging::banging::banging::banging: That is all I have to say. No, O'Donnell did not purposely lose the game. No, O'Donnell was not in on a fix. :doh: I don't even KNOW how this story even got STARTED. :doh:
12-26-2008, 06:50 AM
As stated above wrong route no fix.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.