PDA

View Full Version : Report: T.J. won't get tagged

Fire Haley
12-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Pro Bowl wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh will not get the Bengals' franchise tag this offseason, according to NFL.com's Adam Schefter.

Schefter says Cincinnati will instead try to sign Houshmandzadeh to an extension before his contract expires in late February.

Offensive tackle Stacy Andrews was last season's franchise tag recipient, netting him a $7.455 million salary.

But Andrews injured his knee in the Browns game Sunday, so the Bengals probably won't re-tag him this year because the injury will diminish his attractiveness on the market, Schefter said.

"Don't look for Andrews' tag to go on Houshmandzadeh," Schefter said on his NFL.com blog, citing "a league source."

Houshmandzadeh, 31 years old, has rebuffed previous attempts by the Bengals to sign him to a long-term deal.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081226/SPT02/812260379/1066

-------------------------------------

Hey T.J., wanna come play for a winner?

lilyoder6
12-26-2008, 07:30 PM
hahahah.. poor T.J. if only if only he would of signed w/ the steelers instead of resigning w/ the bengals... he would be a 31 yr old w/ a ring

lilyoder6
12-26-2008, 09:37 PM
A: he would of been a steeler at the time he did it... so it WOULD of NOT happened... see what happens when money gets in the way

HometownGal
12-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Doesn't matter if he would have been in a position to do it or not. He's a motormouth primadonna and our standards are higher than that.
He'll probably end up in Dallas. :flap:

I'd like to tag IBoinkedMyMama - - - with a club.

Though I pick him every year in my FFL's, I wouldn't want him wearing the black 'n gold for all the tea in China. He is very talented but I've never forgiven him for what he did with our TT. :mad:

I can see him in Dallas, NE or Oakland next season.

CantStop85
12-27-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm hoping they get the extension worked out with TJ and then get a trade done with Chad. Then resign Cedric Benson, Shayne Graham, and Chris Crocker, draft an OT, and sign a high-profile DE or LB in FA.

Then we'll be good. :thumbsup:

stillers4me
12-27-2008, 01:25 PM

At what? :toofunny:

lilyoder6
12-27-2008, 03:29 PM
hopefully ur qb can come back from that ser inflamed elbow

Big D
12-27-2008, 03:37 PM

Though I pick him every year in my FFL's, I wouldn't want him wearing the black 'n gold for all the tea in China. He is very talented but I've never forgiven him for what he did with our TT. :mad:

I agree with you on oakland. And only al davis is dumb enough for this move. My guess a 60 million dollar contract half of that guaranteed

SteelCityKing
12-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Id never take a dillhole who shines his shoes with the terrible towel on our team :puke:

haha...DILLHOLE!? that's classic. i haven't used that...EVER! hahaha!

SteelCityMan786
12-27-2008, 04:10 PM

Losing to the Steelers. :chuckle:

The Duke
12-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Losing to the Steelers. :chuckle:

lol, then the bengals are pros :flap:

lilyoder6
12-27-2008, 06:06 PM
but what about those 2-3 wrs they drafted in last yr's draft???

Godfather
12-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I agree with you on oakland. And only al davis is dumb enough for this move. My guess a 60 million dollar contract half of that guaranteed

If douchemandzadeh can catch a pass he's a massive upgrade over what Oakland has now.

HometownGal
12-27-2008, 09:06 PM

Being annual bottom feeders in the AFCN ain't being good, CS. :chuckle::wink02:

CantStop85
12-28-2008, 12:55 AM
but what about those 2-3 wrs they drafted in last yr's draft???

Well TJ and/or Chad will be gone next season. So Caldwell and Simpson will help to fill their places.

Ideally I would want to keep TJ, trade Chad and groom Simpson into Chad's spot. Then we'd have TJ, Chris Henry, and Simpson as our top 3 receivers and Caldwell could take kick return duties until either TJ or Henry is gone.

Honestly, I don't care who's catching the ball as long as it's Carson Palmer throwing the ball and not Ryan Fitzpatrick. Also, the defense is coming along quite well under Zimmer...now if we could only get some semblance of a pass rush.

Really I just want a healthy team for next season...you can't put 20+ players on IR in a season and expect to be anywhere near competitive.

Oh yeah, and the Bengals are finally thinking about hiring a GM, so put that on wish list too...anyone but Matt Millen, please! :chuckle:

SteelCityKing
12-28-2008, 01:00 AM
TJ won't be tagged???

maybe bag tagged or tea bagged! punk ass! haha!

SteelCityKing
12-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Well TJ and/or Chad will be gone next season. So Caldwell and Simpson will help to fill their places.

Ideally I would want to keep TJ, trade Chad and groom Simpson into Chad's spot. Then we'd have TJ, Chris Henry, and Simpson as our top 3 receivers and Caldwell could take kick return duties until either TJ or Henry is gone.

Honestly, I don't care who's catching the ball as long as it's Carson Palmer throwing the ball and not Ryan Fitzpatrick. Also, the defense is coming along quite well under Zimmer...now if we could only get some semblance of a pass rush.

Really I just want a healthy team for next season...you can't put 20+ players on IR in a season and expect to be anywhere near competitive.

Oh yeah, and the Bengals are finally thinking about hiring a GM, so put that on wish list too...anyone but Matt Millen, please! :chuckle:

bro, for real, if the Bengals could have you in the fron office making their decisions for them...you'd have a winning squad. but doesn't it suck that we all can't REALLY make those choices because if we did...every team would be a Fantasy Football team and play like Rookie Level Madden players! haha!

truthfully, i admire your gully in making your point AND i like you can stick with a horrid team through thick and thin, but Palmer is garbage and Chad and TJ are has beens. i think they should ALL either leave or go to new teams outside of our division. not because we're afraid...but because they need new roots to start over. i dislike all 4 of those players for who they are...not what they can do for the game. picture Chad in a Dolphins or Vikings jersey. Palmer taking over a retired Favre...or TJ running routes for Russell on Oakland. it could happen...and i hope it does.

regardless of how much i hate them, they atleast deserve a better team. like Moss from the Viks, to the Raiders, to the Pats. he's finally settled...sadly, the Bengals deserve better. also, Henry should just go to the WNBA or something. he's a waste of space. =)

Galax Steeler
12-28-2008, 06:42 AM

I don't know either:noidea::chuckle:

silver & black
12-28-2008, 09:58 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Oakland. I don't know how we could afford him though. I don't care for him, but he would be head and shoulders better than anyone we have now.

silver & black
12-28-2008, 10:00 AM

Sadly, I can't even disagree with that.

Fire Haley
12-28-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't hold the towel thing against him - he's the only player on that team that has any spark in him - I'd take T.J in a heartbeat - he catches the tough passes over the middle.

CantStop85
12-28-2008, 01:24 PM
bro, for real, if the Bengals could have you in the fron office making their decisions for them...you'd have a winning squad. but doesn't it suck that we all can't REALLY make those choices because if we did...every team would be a Fantasy Football team and play like Rookie Level Madden players! haha!

truthfully, i admire your gully in making your point AND i like you can stick with a horrid team through thick and thin, but Palmer is garbage and Chad and TJ are has beens. i think they should ALL either leave or go to new teams outside of our division. not because we're afraid...but because they need new roots to start over. i dislike all 4 of those players for who they are...not what they can do for the game. picture Chad in a Dolphins or Vikings jersey. Palmer taking over a retired Favre...or TJ running routes for Russell on Oakland. it could happen...and i hope it does.

regardless of how much i hate them, they atleast deserve a better team. like Moss from the Viks, to the Raiders, to the Pats. he's finally settled...sadly, the Bengals deserve better. also, Henry should just go to the WNBA or something. he's a waste of space. =)

Thx for the rockin' insight, bro! haha!

steelreserve
12-28-2008, 02:33 PM

Well, the Redskins are also dumb enough. And don't forget, they apparently have a permanent exemption from the salary cap.