PDA

View Full Version : Harrison misses practice

Stlrs4Life
12-27-2008, 08:53 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Steelers-Harrison-skips-practice-with-hip-probl?urn=nfl,131320&post_comment=1&success=1

Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:56 am EST
Steelers' Harrison skips practice with hip problem

James Harrison missed practice for the second consecutive day because of a bad hip, and the Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns.

"We're going to see how I feel tomorrow and go from there," said Harrison, who sustained a hip pointer in the Steelers' 31-14 loss to Tennessee last Sunday. "It's gotten a whole lot better. I want to play but it all depends on how I'm feeling."

The Steelers (11-4) have already won the AFC North title and secured the No. 2 seed in the AFC playoffs. They cannot improve their position in the playoffs if they beat the Browns for the 11th consecutive time.

Free safety Ryan Clark (shoulder) has already been ruled out for the 1 p.m. game at Heinz Field. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is listed as probable.

Roethlisberger has practiced every day this week."

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune Review

Welcome To Smashmouth
12-27-2008, 01:18 PM
we need him out there

LambertLunatic
12-27-2008, 02:08 PM
we need him out there

I think Timmons can handle the clowns. I'd rather have Harrison healthy for the playoffs. Let him rest his hip the extra week.

BozMan
12-27-2008, 02:25 PM
I think Timmons can handle the clowns. I'd rather have Harrison healthy for the playoffs. Let him rest his hip the extra week.

Agreed. We need to get Silverback 100% healthy.

BlastFurnace
12-27-2008, 03:51 PM
REST HIM!

We have bigger goals this season than beating the Browns.

REST HIM!

markymarc
12-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Just let him sit. Let's see what Timmons and Bruce Davis can do.

SteelCityKing
12-27-2008, 03:54 PM
i agree. as much as i would LOVe to seem him rip the Browns a new rectum...i would have to say, rest him. let him heal. then unleash him on the unsuspecting...(fill in the blank for our AFC playoff oppenent!)

i'm sorry, but Silverback is a goofy name! haha!

Preacher
12-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Just let him sit. Let's see what Timmons and Bruce Davis can do.

Yep.

BTW, I have a feeling this is going to be A.Smiths make or break game. Either show the coaches everything they want to see, or there is the door knucklehead.

That is, IF he plays.

markymarc
12-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Yep.

BTW, I have a feeling this is going to be A.Smiths make or break game. Either show the coaches everything they want to see, or there is the door knucklehead.

That is, IF he plays.

You are probably correct with Anthony Smith. I still think he is a talented football player and would rather see him playing defense over TC any day of the week especially on Sundays. Sorry, I just don't like TC :chuckle: Here's to Anthony Smith playing well so he can stay on the roster in 2009.

BlastFurnace
12-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Yep.

That is, IF he plays.

I agree. Put Smith out there. Put Bruce Davis out there.

I want to see if these guys can play.

lilyoder6
12-27-2008, 04:14 PM
TC is a joke at his age... hopefully mendy can take his role next yr

markymarc
12-27-2008, 06:16 PM
TC is a joke at his age... hopefully mendy can take his role next yr

While it was very limited playing time I liked what I saw from Ryan Mundy. Hopefully with an off season he can step it up and contribute to this defense in 2009.

lilyoder6
12-27-2008, 07:04 PM
While it was very limited playing time I liked what I saw from Ryan Mundy. Hopefully with an off season he can step it up and contribute to this defense in 2009.

it totally sucked that mundy got hurt in the pre-season.. b/c i think w/o a doubt TC would of been cut... but hopefully he comes on strong next yr to be a good st player a good sub

HometownGal
12-27-2008, 07:09 PM

Took the font right outta my fingers. :drink:

Galax Steeler
12-28-2008, 08:40 AM
I would like to see what Timmons and Davis can do also it would be a good game to let them play.

markymarc
12-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Timmons played pretty well today, although I don't understand why Bruce Davis wasn't given any snaps. Would have been a nice game to see if he could offer anything defensively. Hopefully he has a good off season, works hard and can contribute to the team next season.

lilyoder6
12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Timmons played pretty well today, although I don't understand why Bruce Davis wasn't given any snaps. Would have been a nice game to see if he could offer anything defensively. Hopefully he has a good off season, works hard and can contribute to the team next season.

i was sad as well that they did not play bruce davis near the end of this game... it would of done wonders for his progress.. but oh well