PDA

View Full Version : Pioli to the clowns

Big D
12-27-2008, 05:08 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/27/rumors-fly-of-pioli-to-cleveland/

At a time when the Cleveland media primarily is focusing on the question of whether Browns coach Romeo Crennel will be abruptly terminated following the teamís season finale in Pittsburgh, the bigger question in some circles is whether G.M. Phil Savage will be getting the shoe, too.

Per a league source, thereís a rumor linking Patriots V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli to the G.M. position in Cleveland.

If the Patriots donít qualify for the playoffs (they need to win and then have either the Jets beat the Dolphins or the Jaguars beat the Ravens), Pioli would immediately be available to be interviewed for any jobs entailing final say over the roster.

Though there were rumors that Pioli rejected overtures from the Browns when Savage was hired several years ago, itís still not clear whether the Browns ever sought permission to interview him for the job.

This year, a buzz has been building regarding Pioliís potential willingness to consider other jobs.

This move would guarantee cowher wouldn't go to cleveland. If this happens I would think Josh Mcdaniels would get the hc job.

xfl2001fan
12-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Blah...I don't think this is even remotely likely.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-27-2008, 11:24 PM
No way do the Browns hire another guy off of the Belichick/Parcells line.

No way.

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 12:12 AM
:laughing:

whats so funny is that pioli had every chance to take his dream job, the top spot with the giants... and he rejected it.

he couldve gone there and done absolutely nothing and accepted the accolades of "recognizing talent", and been heralded as heading up yet another championship team.

he is stuck with brady and belichick. he is a product of cheating. anywhere else and he will be exposed as an underachieving fraud.

just ask weiss, crennell, or mangina.

him leaving would be a classic case of trying to catch falling swords.

the browinies are correct. he's smart enough to not go nowhere, let alone to cleveland.

but since cowher is going there why do they need pioli? :rolleyes:

SteelCityKing
12-28-2008, 12:42 AM

whats so funny is that pioli had every chance to take his dream job, the top spot with the giants... and he rejected it.

he couldve gone there and done absolutely nothing and accepted the accolades of "recognizing talent", and been heralded as heading up yet another championship team.

he is stuck with brady and belichick. he is a product of cheating. anywhere else and he will be exposed as an underachieving fraud.

the browinies are correct. he's smart enough to not go nowhere, let alone to cleveland.

Cowher isn't going anywhere if they don't have a decent QB. so, in my eyes, he's very limited in the AFC North. he could go to any other team in the league though. IF he did go back to coaching, he should head to Detroit or Seattle. they need him there since Holmgreen bounced.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-28-2008, 12:49 AM

I'm going to make the argument again..that EVERYONE in the league probably cheats or has done so, the big difference is the Patsies got caught. (I'd love to auctually debate this topic in another thread with you guys, but thats for another time.)

Moving on, I do believe that aside from Belichick and Parcells themselves that their coaching line is highly overrated and its pretty sad that they have a a monopoly somewhat on who teams hire.

I don't want him or anyone else from that coaching line. I'd really rather steal one of your guys defensive coaches then to go that route yet again.

SteelCityKing
12-28-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm going to make the argument again..that EVERYONE in the league probably cheats or has done so, the big difference is the Patsies got caught. (I'd love to auctually debate this topic in another thread with you guys, but thats for another time.)

Moving on, I do believe that aside from Belichick and Parcells themselves that their coaching line is highly overrated and its pretty sad that they have a a monopoly somewhat on who teams hire.

I don't want him or anyone else from that coaching line. I'd really rather steal one of your guys defensive coaches then to go that route yet again.

does that mean your beloved Crapland Browns are cheaters too? please, do tell kind sir. =)

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-28-2008, 01:06 AM
does that mean your beloved Crapland Browns are cheaters too? please, do tell kind sir. =)

Wouldn't doubt it...Hell, I think most of the league probably still does steroids to a degree..

To think otherwise is just being naive.

There's a lot of things us fans don't know about. ..Again, This would be a great topic for another thread sometime in the offseason when it's slow around here.

SteelCityKing
12-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Wouldn't doubt it...Hell, I think most of the league probably still does steroids to a degree..

To think otherwise is just being naive.

There's a lot of things us fans don't know about. ..Again, This would be a great topic for another thread sometime in the offseason when it's slow around here.

you're talking about it now bro...let's hear what you got to say! haha!

you think Harrison is on 'roids!? tell me now! cause i'll tell you ONE THING...

there is no such thing as athletes on Steroids. just athletes that Chuck Norris has breathed on. LOL!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-28-2008, 01:54 AM
you're talking about it now bro...let's hear what you got to say! haha!

you think Harrison is on 'roids!? tell me now! cause i'll tell you ONE THING...

there is no such thing as athletes on Steroids. just athletes that Chuck Norris has breathed on. LOL!

Not sure about Harrison...I definitely think that TO. is by the way he mood swings like crazy. I'm being somewhat general in that I couldn't really name a specific athlete off the top of my head (other than T.O.), but I really do think that it does occur...Cleveland's Own K2 may/may not do it as well. Doesn't mean I hate the guy, just think he might be doing them.

Also, I do think there's a certain amount of games being a little bit fixed. Not to obviously, but to a degree where you couldn't recognize it. I generally try to ignore thinking about that and try to watch the game, as I think thinking about such things ruins the experience.

SteelCityKing
12-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Not sure about Harrison...I definitely think that TO. is by the way he mood swings like crazy. I'm being somewhat general in that I couldn't really name a specific athlete off the top of my head (other than T.O.), but I really do think that it does occur...Cleveland's Own K2 may/may not do it as well. Doesn't mean I hate the guy, just think he might be doing them.

Also, I do think there's a certain amount of games being a little bit fixed. Not to obviously, but to a degree where you couldn't recognize it. I generally try to ignore thinking about that and try to watch the game, as I think thinking about such things ruins the experience.

so, you mean to tell me that the Browns don't REALLY suck that bad? it's just the refs making bad calls!? i mean, an interception is just that...should the refs call them back for some bs holding call!? bad officiating to me is just some dick excuse for your team losing. of course we've all had some halfassed notion of the refs blowing our games too...but that's no reason to cry about it. geez man! ha!

as for the 'roids issue. it may or may not happen with my team or yours...but if TO's mood swings are based on possible 'roid use...then he's either bi-polar or they didn't find his vagina, uterus, and ovaries in the team physical because he is a TOTAL whiny b*tch! am i right!? haha!