PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison for league MVP?

Lukebok5150
12-28-2008, 09:43 AM
I have talked (and argued) with other people on other posts about the subject of league MVP. I strongly recommend that it be James Harrison without a doubt in my mind. The others say that a defensive player cannot win it just because he plays defense and that a offensive player should win it. I think it's a bunch of BS myself. I want to know what true STEELERS fans think What is your take on this?:helmet:

GO STEELERS!!!

fansince'76
12-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Defensive players have won it twice before (Alan Page in 1971 and LT in 1986), so there is a precedence for it. That being said, I think Peyton Manning will get it.

HometownGal
12-28-2008, 10:57 AM
I would like to see Silverback as the league MVP, but it aint gonna happen. As Gary said above - Peytoon is going to grab that honor this season.

I'd much prefer to see him as Super Bowl MVP! :tt03::tt02:

Pentheon
12-28-2008, 11:53 AM
I think he deserves to be mvp. Do I think he'll get it? No...

Its ahrder for someone on defense to get it of course but he had a crazy season.

give it to em!!!

SteelCityKing
12-28-2008, 12:07 PM
i agree. i think he totally deserves to win MVP but he won't get it. if he doesn't get MVP, he should really get Defensive Player of the Year. if he doesn't...it's going to Ware.

MVP, probably Manning. but Matt Ryan is a shoe in for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Texasteel
12-28-2008, 03:24 PM
The media has been in the I Love Payon mode for weeks now. He'll win it going away.

markymarc
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately I don't think Harrison will get the MVP or DPOY award, although he deserves it. Peyton will get MVP and I can't wait to see him get knocked out of the playoffs. The DPOY award should go to Harrison no question, but Ware might end up getting it.