PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Ben yet?

Stillers33
12-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Cause im kinda worried...

Glace
12-28-2008, 01:39 PM
his head hit the turf hard enough to affect his neck....but my 90% guess is a bad concussion.

it's why you're not allowed to hit the back of a guy's head in MMA....you're very vulnerable back there.

I hope he's ok...

In a situation like this, forget about football player. We need to keep our thoughts and prayers with Ben Roethlisberger the man.

millwalldavey
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm gonna say bad concussion as well.

He could move extremities. They were careful with him as they would be with anyone, especially an investment like him.

We'll see him in two weeks!!!!!!!!

fansince'76
12-28-2008, 01:43 PM
They said it was a slight concussion on the halftime show. I don't think anyone knows the real extent yet, though.

Steel_Bus_24
12-28-2008, 01:45 PM
You think the FO is going to invest in some OL now...

My best wishes for Ben

jjpro11
12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
concussions are never a good thing.. this is at least the third one for him now that we know of, the other being vs atlanta 2 years ago and the motorcycle accident... they have ended too many qbs careers because they keep piling up.

Nighthawk
12-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Terrible thing to see, just going to depend on its severity but luckily we have a bye week...
I can't see how this won't push the importance of upgrading the O-line now to a whole new level

Stylez1877
12-28-2008, 02:00 PM
I said it before the game and I'll say it now, playing Ben more than a quarter is STUPID!!!

Kerry Collins played TWO SNAPS in his pointless game, but we have Ben almost getting mauled and he stays in, then a few plays later gets a concussion and that is if we are lucky.

I'm sorry Tomlin, but playing your most important players in a meaningless game is a stupid move.

steelreserve
12-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I said it before the game and I'll say it now, playing Ben more than a quarter is STUPID!!!

Kerry Collins played TWO SNAPS in his pointless game, but we have Ben almost getting mauled and he stays in, then a few plays later gets a concussion and that is if we are lucky.

I'm sorry Tomlin, but playing your most important players in a meaningless game is a stupid move.

You play your guys to keep them sharp; coming in off essentially a three-week layoff can do weird things. Injuries like tis happen basically at random -- it sucks that it happened now, but it just as easily could've come on the first series, or last game, or whenever. You can't predict that kind of thing and "coach around" it. Just bad luck is all it is.

Hapa
12-28-2008, 02:16 PM
I just got the text for NFL updates and it says

"PIT QB B. Roethlisberger sustained concussion, has numbness in hand after being hit by 2 CLE players"

keonasteel
12-28-2008, 02:17 PM
FOX saying it was slight concussion--- how they knew that so fast is anyone's guess.

Steeler radio hasnt reported yet since the injury, only saying that he was moving his arms and legs PRIOR to being placed on the board and taken off the field.

keonasteel
12-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Just report on Steeler radio. It IS concussion.

mesaSteeler
12-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Roethlisberger taken off on stretcher after hit
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sustained a concussion while being driven into the ground by two Cleveland Browns defenders late in the second quarter of an essentially meaningless game Sunday.

As Roethlisberger delivered a 4-yard pass to tight end Heath Miller over the middle, he was leveled by Willie McGinest at about shoulder level and D'Qwell Jackson at the quarterback's knees. Roethlisberger's head struck the ground hard as McGinest, possibly playing his final NFL game, drove him backward.

Roethlisberger was seen moving his arms and legs and talking before being placed onto a stretcher and then onto a cart that took him off the field. His helmet was taken apart while he was on the field, a precautionary move so his neck could be stabilized.

As he was being driven off the field, Roethlisberger lifted his left arm and raised his thumb to the fans. The gesture drew a loud cheer from a crowd that stayed silent during the nearly 15 minutes Roethlisberger stayed on the turf.

Roethlisberger was hurt with 1:48 remaining in the second quarter of a game in which he was expected to play only the first half. He was taken to a nearby hospital in an ambulance for precautionary tests.

The Steelers, already locked into the No. 2 spot in the AFC's playoffs, could not improve their playoff position by beating the Browns. But coach Mike Tomlin wanted Roethlisberger and the other starters to play most or part of the game because they won't play again until Jan. 10 or 11.

Because the Steelers' 31-14 loss at Tennessee on Dec. 21 made certain they couldn't claim home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs, Tomlin didn't want his regulars going three weeks without taking part in a game -- even one that meant little to their season..

Before getting hurt, Roethlisberger was 9-of-14 for 110 yards and an interception that came after Pittsburgh had driven to a first down at the Browns 20 late in the first quarter.

Heinz Field has a grass surface, which generally is more forgiving than artificial turf when a player is driven into the ground.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-28-2008, 02:47 PM
KDKA reporting:

Reports: Roethlisberger Sustains A Concussion
PITTSBURGH (AP) ―
12/28/2008

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sustained a concussion while being driven into the ground by two Cleveland Browns defenders late in the second quarter of an essentially meaningless game Sunday.

As Roethlisberger delivered a 4-yard pass to tight end Heath Miller over the middle, he was leveled by Willie McGinest at about shoulder level and D'Qwell Jackson at the quarterback's knees.

Roethlisberger's head struck the ground hard as McGinest, possibly playing his final NFL game, drove him backward.

Roethlisberger was seen moving his arms and legs and talking before being placed onto a stretcher and then onto a cart that took him off the field. His helmet was taken apart while he was on the field, a precautionary move so his neck could be stabilized.

As he was being driven off the field, Roethlisberger lifted his left arm and raised his thumb to the fans. The gesture drew a loud cheer from a crowd that stayed silent during the nearly 15 minutes Roethlisberger stayed on the turf.

Roethlisberger was hurt with 1:48 remaining in the second quarter of a game in which he was expected to play only the first half. He was taken to a nearby hospital in an ambulance for precautionary tests.

The Steelers, already locked into the No. 2 spot in the AFC's playoffs, could not improve their playoff position by beating the Browns. But coach Mike Tomlin wanted Roethlisberger and the other starters to play most or part of the game because they won't play again until Jan. 10 or 11.

Because the Steelers' 31-14 loss at Tennessee on Dec. 21 made certain they couldn't claim home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs, Tomlin didn't want his regulars going three weeks without taking part in a game - even one that meant little to their season.

Before getting hurt, Roethlisberger was 9-of-14 for 110 yards and an interception that came after Pittsburgh had driven to a first down at the Browns 20 late in the first quarter.

Heinz Field has a grass surface, which generally is more forgiving than artificial turf when a player is driven into the ground.

The Duke
12-28-2008, 02:50 PM

But we need artificial turf :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update. hopefully he is ready in two weeks

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Heal well, Ben! We need ya!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-28-2008, 04:05 PM

I guess Cowher is an idiot too because he said he would do the same thing...:coffee:

DoctorCAD
12-28-2008, 04:16 PM
This offense NEEDED to play.

Work out some of that suckness from the week previous.

My guess is that Ben was scheduled to play one half. He almost made it.

Crushzilla
12-28-2008, 04:19 PM
This offense NEEDED to play.

Work out some of that suckness from the week previous.

My guess is that Ben was scheduled to play one half. He almost made it.

Ya.

I absolutely agree with Ben being in there.

There's a reason why our defensive MVP wasn't in there (yes, he's kind of hurt). The defense is set; the offense needed the practice.

Avoid LLoyd1975
12-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Heal well, Ben! We need ya!

Pfftt...go Leftwich. You see how strong everybody started to chip in and up their game after Ben was out. It seems that the offense lays around and waits until Ben makes his decision to make a play. The offense played stronger after he got knocked out....Agree/Disagree?

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Pfftt...go Leftwich. You see how strong everybody started to chip in and up their game after Ben was out. It seems that the offense lays around and waits until Ben makes his decision to make a play. The offense played stronger after he got knocked out....Agree/Disagree?

Ben will be playing in the playoff game in 2 weeks, not Leftwich. We need Ben as healthy as he can get.

SteelCurtain7
12-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Get better soon, Ben. :) Take care,

SC7

GodofGridiron
12-28-2008, 04:38 PM
I think this team can still win in the postseason with Byron at the helm. Theres not that huge of a dropoff when Byron is under center. He definitely throws a better, tighter long ball than Ben does.

steelreserve
12-28-2008, 04:43 PM

This was pretty much a bullshit game, so you can't read too much into anything that happened. All you can do is hope everyone's ready for whoever we play in two weeks.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 04:43 PM
I think this team can still win in the postseason with Byron at the helm. Theres not that huge of a dropoff when Byron is under center. He definitely throws a better, tighter long ball than Ben does.

That may be true, but I would hate to see that happen. It just wouldn't seem right without Ben. Not that I'd give back the trophy.............. :chuckle:

Frankie3521
12-28-2008, 04:44 PM
So, does anybody know if Ben will be able to play? When I seen it was serious a tear came to my eye, it's not really about football here though, I wish him a SAFE recovery, and he shouldn't be rushed to play if he can't recover well enough.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 04:45 PM
So, does anybody know if Ben will be able to play? When I seen it was serious a tear came to my eye, it's not really about football here though, I wish him a SAFE recovery, and he shouldn't be rushed to play if he can't recover well enough.

If it's only a mild concussion and Ben passes all the tests this week, he'll be practicing be the end of the week, no doubt.

DP_Steeler
12-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Concussions are progressive ... in other words each one gets progressively worse regardless of th degree of it ... hense you see many athletes have to hang it up after only a few years of playing. To me the OLneeds to be improved significantly this summer and Ben (for his sake) needs to adjust his game and get rid of the ball faster.

lilyoder6
12-28-2008, 06:21 PM
after i found out that he had a concussion i was like rly??? they brought out the whole chebang 4 a concussion...

but thankfully it wasn't that bad.. and w/ a 1st rd bye ben will be rdy to play in the divisional game

d2609j
12-28-2008, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=lilyoder6;509838]after i found out that he had a concussion i was like rly??? they brought out the whole chebang 4 a concussion...

Ben is a drama queen. It amazing that Leftwich never has to scramble around like Ben, and the offense move so much better when he is in there.

fansince'76
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
[Ben is a drama queen. It amazing that Leftwich never has to scramble around like Ben, and the offense move so much better when he is in there.

Ben: 9-14 for 110 yards.

Leftwich: 7-12 for 80 yards.

You can crawl back under your rock now.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM

And I do recall the defense putting some points on the board today.

steelersfanman92
12-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Ben is a drama queen. It amazing that Leftwich never has to scramble around like Ben, and the offense move so much better when he is in there.[/QUOTE]

Ben is a drama queen because they brought out the stretcher? You have to kidding me, obviously you have no idea what it is like to have a concussion. I personally have had too many and they are some of the worst injuries you can ever go through. I cant blame him for not getting up, considering many times concussions cause you to lose consiousness and and you cant feel your arms and legs. So if you ever get a concusion as bad as that I would love to see you get up and jog off the field and then say that Ben is just a drama queen.

X-Terminator
12-28-2008, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=lilyoder6;509838]after i found out that he had a concussion i was like rly??? they brought out the whole chebang 4 a concussion...

Ben is a drama queen. It amazing that Leftwich never has to scramble around like Ben, and the offense move so much better when he is in there.

Yeah, because a concussion is something that can be treated like a cut or a minor bruise. :coffee:

The NFL does not mess around with any kind of head or spinal cord injury, which is exactly the way it is supposed to be. You're talking about something that can and has ended player's careers (Al Toon and Steve Young immediately come to mind).

Where do these people come from?

Preacher
12-28-2008, 06:57 PM
[quote=lilyoder6;509838]after i found out that he had a concussion i was like rly??? they brought out the whole chebang 4 a concussion...

:coffee:

Preacher
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
[quote=d2609j;509903]

Yeah, because a concussion is something that can be treated like a cut or a minor bruise. :coffee:

[quote=d2609j;509903]

:coffee:

Oops...

Sorry Lily.. that isn't your post. . . .

The second half of the post is d2609j

NV STEELERS 723
12-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Its standard NFL procedure tough guy ! Ben is tougher than nails...He is a warrior !

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2008, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=d2609j;509903]

The NFL does not mess around with any kind of head or spinal cord injury, which is exactly the way it is supposed to be. You're talking about something that can and has ended player's careers (Al Toon and Steve Young immediately come to mind).

Where do these people come from?

As a Football Player myself, those injuries aren't your average wind knockers. They're far more serious.

d2609j
12-28-2008, 07:06 PM

You forgot 1 INT for Ben today, Who was he throwing to.
You forgot 1 rushing touchdown for Byron.

Ben -80.8 passer rating, 15 fewer tds than last year, 23rd rated offense under his direction. They have looked pathetic when he is in there.

Byron-117% passer rating, and the offense has looked good/great under his direction.

To clarify, Ben has been a drama queen his whole carrer. Not just because of todays fiascoe.

Ill go back to my rock now, you can get back to watching your Ben Rothlisberger Highlight DVD you got for christmas.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm sure Ben said, " I'm not getting up.....please carry me off."

They don't take ANY CHANCES with head and possible spinal cord injuries. They carted James Harrison off last year during the Bills game. Are you going to call him a drama queen, too?

fansince'76
12-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Ill go back to my rock now, you can get back to watching your Ben Rothlisberger Highlight DVD you got for christmas.

Yep, I'm sure mommy wants her laptop back. :coffee:

siss
12-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Plus taking into account that this isn't his first concussion. We know about the 2 in 06. But he also had one in college and I think maybe one before that. you w

Tell you what. You stand on the 50 yard at Heinz field and two very large men can pile drive you. And then you tell me how you feel after that...

X-Terminator
12-28-2008, 07:11 PM

Ben -80.8 passer rating, 15 fewer tds than last year, 23rd rated offense under his direction. They have looked pathetic when he is in there.

Byron-117% passer rating, and the offense has looked good/great under his direction.

To clarify, Ben has been a drama queen his whole carrer. Not just because of todays fiascoe.

And of course, all of that is Ben's fault. :coffee:

Yes, please go back under your rock, and stay there this time.

Dr. Steel
12-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Leftwich has 117 passer rating in limited time this year. Byron didn't start any games this year and really only filled in for Ben in a couple games when Ben was injured during a game and in mop up time this year. Sorry but that isn't enough evidence to say the offense is better with Byron in there at QB.

I'm not knocking Leftwich since I think he has been a solid backup QB for us this year. But he is a former starter and a backup for a reason. If Ben is 100 percent healthy then he will and should start in the divisional round.

X-Terminator
12-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Leftwich has 117 passer rating in limited time this year. Byron didn't start any games this year and really only filled in for Ben in a couple games when Ben was injured during a game and in mop up time this year. Sorry but that isn't enough evidence to say the offense is better with Byron in there at QB.

I'm not knocking Leftwich since I think he has been a solid backup QB for us this year. But he is a former starter and a backup for a reason. If Ben is 100 percent healthy then he will and should start in the divisional round.

Sorry, but you are not allowed to point out the obvious. You must bash Ben and call for Leftwich to start/take his job. Quit being a blind homer and Ben Kool-Aid drinker!

Dr. Steel
12-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Sorry, but you are not allowed to point out the obvious. You must bash Ben and call for Leftwich to start/take his job. Quit being a blind homer and Ben Kool-Aid drinker!

I hold Ben accountable when he has an off day. He still drives me crazy when he throws INTs like the one he threw today. But the man gives his all for this team week in and week out if he is 100 percent healthy or not. Which in my opinion Ben hasn't been healthy most of this year. I still think that right shoulder of his isn't right but when he gives his blood and guts to this team then that is all I can ask as a fan.

HometownGal
12-28-2008, 07:31 PM

And you can find another bandwagon to hop aboard, you ingrate.

Preacher
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Ben Roethlisberger gave playoff-bound Pittsburgh a major scare by sustaining a concussion during a 31-0 rout over the Browns on Sunday, a game notable only in that it likely was Crennel's last as Cleveland's coach.
Roethlisberger, expected to play a half to stay sharp before a two-week break, lay on the turf for nearly 15 minutes after being leveled by Willie McGinest and D'Qwell Jackson while delivering a pass late in the second quarter. Hospital tests revealed no other injuries, and the quarterback probably will be ready when the No. 2-seeded Steelers (12-4) play an AFC division game Jan. 10 or 11.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iwiIpzC2z3r7DMf_oM0CCkrPEo9wD95C15QG1

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 07:46 PM
He'll play, and we'll score TDs and we'll be just glorious in our playoff games this season.

I got a feeling...

missedgehead
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
I wish Ben the best. I think and am praying for his recovery and he is in my prayers anyway. Good luck Ben and Get well soon, babe! I think he will be ok for the playoffs.

BlastFurnace
12-28-2008, 08:29 PM
According to Steelers Beat Writer Dale Lolley, Ben is going to be fine according to his sources within the Steelers Org.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Low grade concussion per the Half Game show of the SD vs Denver game.

mesaSteeler
12-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Steelers confident Big Ben will recover after scary concussion
By Gary Mihoces, USA TODAY
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-12-28-browns-steelers_N.htm?csp=34

PITTSBURGH — After quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was carted off the field Sunday with a concussion, the fact that Pittsburgh Steelers will have a bye week before their playoff opener took on added significance.

"We're optimistic about where he's going to be capable of being. And … the bye is going to be helpful in regards to that," coach Mike Tomlin said after the Steelers finished their 12-4 regular season with a 31-0 victory over the Cleveland Browns.

BROWNS' CHANGES: Cleveland parts ways with GM Savage

As a precaution for a possible neck injury, Roethlisberger was strapped to a back board with his helmet still on before he was carted off. Tomlin said tests done at a local hospital showed no injury beyond the concussion.

"To this point, all the tests are negative, which of course is positive," said Tomlin.

BOX SCORE: Steelers 31, Browns 0

Roethlisberger was hit by two Cleveland linebackers just after throwing a 4-yard completion to tight end Heath Miller with 1:48 left in the second quarter.

D'Qwell Jackson hit Roethlisberger in the midsection. Willie McGinest hit him in the chest. Roethlisberger was knocked backward and the back of his helmet struck the turf as he landed.

Roethlisberger did not get up. Lying on his back, he was surrounded quickly by Steelers medical and athletic training personnel and kept immobilized.

Steelers defensive end Brett Kiesel spoke to Roethlisberger before he was carted off.

"I told him we'll finish this game off and go get some rest and we love you. That's about it," said Kiesel.

Kiesel said of the medical precautions: "Any time you're dealing with the head … you have to be careful, and that's what they did. But … he's doing a lot better and he's going to be all right."

Said Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker: "I'm pretty sure he'll be all right. He was doing a lot of things that they (the medical personnel) asked him to do, so he doesn't have us in doubt or anything."

Roethlisberger was replaced by Byron Leftwich, who finished off a drive that Roethlisberger started with an 8-yard touchdown run that gave Pittsburgh a 14-0 halftime lead.

Leftwich completed seven of 12 passes for 80 yards. Before his exit, Roethlisberger hit nine of 14 passes for 110 yards.

"Byron is a veteran, franchise-caliber quarterback," said Tomlin. "We have a great deal of confidence in what he can do for us. It was a great opportunity for him to do that. We always expect him to do well when he goes in, and he did.'

The Steelers will practice Tuesday through Thursday this week. Tomlin said he was uncertain of Roethlisberger's status for this week's drills.

"It's much too early for that," he said.

devilsdancefloor
12-28-2008, 10:32 PM

true but his wind up is a country mile to get the ball out! Bens gonna play so dont get your hopes up lefty will play.

devilsdancefloor
12-28-2008, 10:36 PM

um lefty stumbled a few times cause he really doesnt scramble one was even for a touch down. are you seeing impaired? or are youjust blocking that out cause you hate ben?

Frankie3521
12-29-2008, 02:36 AM
I hope these concussions don't affect Ben long term. Heres to a quick recovery and him coming out and having a big game for us in the playoffs!

eafratitpm3
12-29-2008, 03:28 AM
I'm not a Ben hater just a Turnover hater, the thing that Byron brings to this team under center is mistake free football so far. I understand that Ben makes great plays but if you look back on the season even though we are 12-4 the games that we could have easily lost and the ones we did lose were all results of turnovers in critical times or areas of the field. I'm not talking about the fumbles because of him holding on to the ball too long but the INTs are killers. I'll be glad to take the verbal abuse now.

steel striker
12-29-2008, 05:09 AM
I don't understand why some ppl hate Ben he is a stand up guy and, never complains about anything. He is a tough guy and hopefully he will be fine. I'm still mad about that td pass getting called back as well but, that is pretty meaningless after Ben was carted off the field. I know Lefty if needed will do a great job for us as well.

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Leftwich is a top notch backup, but I don't see him ever leading a 92 yard drive to win games. Ben is the one you want in clutch situations. Clue: Ben makes 100 million and Byron was available when we needed him.

Get well soon, bud!

CB1977
12-29-2008, 08:55 AM

I'm actually agreeing with a Steelers fan!! LOL

Seriously folks, you're up against a team that is playing its #4 QB, your team has nothing to lose if you lose and your team is a potential super bowl candidate...and your coach puts in your #1 QB to play??? Your coach might as well have put a bullseye target on Ben's back and given everyone a bow and arrow.

You knew damn well that he was going to be attacked like he was. We had nothing to gain from this win and the Browns players are freakin frustrated as hell so, this attack was inevitable.

Shame on Tomlin for even putting Ben in for one play!!!

FWIW, congrats on your win and your season.

fansince'76
12-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Kerry Collins played TWO SNAPS in his pointless game....

And Kerry Collins is going to go into his playoff game with 3 weeks of rust to knock off, more than likely against the Ratbirds. Not the best defense to try and get back in a groove against.

meelanova
12-29-2008, 09:03 AM
And Kerry Collins is going to go into his playoff game with 3 weeks of rust to knock off, more than likely against the Ratbirds.

True. We've seen this movie before. A QB sits out a pointless game only to come back rusty. Remember what happened to us in the '04 playoffs? We damn near lost to the Jets out the gate. I dont think it'll happen again.

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 09:03 AM
it's one of those win-lose situations..

u didn't want him to lose rythm by having 3 weeks till the next game but u take the chance of getting him hurt.. thankfully he's not that hurt

jjpro11
12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
And Kerry Collins is going to go into his playoff game with 3 weeks of rust to knock off, more than likely against the Ratbirds. Not the best defense to try and get back in a groove against.

and thats why fisher hasnt won jack shit since he's been there.. he's not a winner and doesn't know how to win the big one.. he is worse off than cowher was when cowher was being dogged for not winning the big one.

the titans dont have the playoff experience that teams like the colts, chargers, steelers, and even the ravens have. it will show.

Tankus_Maximus
12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Maybe this concussion will snap Ben back to playin at a pro-bowl level and he'll stop chuckin those damn INT's!! j/k.

Get well Ben.

cubanstogie
12-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Maybe this concussion will snap Ben back to playin at a pro-bowl level and he'll stop chuckin those damn INT's!! j/k.

Get well Ben.

exactly, I am hoping Ben turns into the QB we all feel he is and should be.
I am one of the fans who thinks he is elite, but if he continues to turn ball over especially in playoffs I will have to admit I was wrong. The stage is now set for Ben. I really wish we had a line like San Diego last night. Rivers had the biggest pocket I have ever seen.

Burghfan58
12-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Ben bounced his cranium off a car and survived. He's going to be fine. He was released last night.:helmet:
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08364/938374-100.stm

Stlrs4Life
12-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Big Ben not hospitalized following concussion

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/;_ylt=AsF.ydnBH4a1cHQCftHoC4kdsLYF) did not stay in a hospital overnight after receiving a concussion Sunday against Cleveland, but it was uncertain if he will practice this week.
Roethlisberger lay on the ground for nearly 15 minutes after being leveled by two Browns defenders and was strapped to a stretcher as he was carried off the field. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital but left after tests were concluded.
With a week off before they begin practicing for their Jan. 11 divisional playoff game, the Steelers will work out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, then take the weekend off. The Steelers expect Roethlisberger to be ready for that game but probably won’t rush him back to practice with so much time off before they play again.
When Roethlisberger sustained a concussion against Atlanta on Oct. 22, 2006, he returned a week later against Oakland but had one of the worst games of his career—throwing four interceptions, with two returned for touchdowns—during a 20-13 loss.
A week after that, Roethlisberger threw for 433 yards but was intercepted three more times during a 31-20 loss to Denver.

Roethlisberger has had at least three concussions in the last three years. He also received one during a June 2006 motorcycle accident. He was not wearing a helmet at the time.

The Duke
12-29-2008, 08:33 PM
When Roethlisberger sustained a concussion against Atlanta on Oct. 22, 2006, he returned a week later against Oakland but had one of the worst games of his career—throwing four interceptions, with two returned for touchdowns—during a 20-13 loss.

:doh:

damn, had forgotten about that

Hopefully it is a different story now :hope:

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 09:00 PM
:doh:

damn, had forgotten about that

Hopefully it is a different story now :hope:

Hopefully that doesn't happen again. But if does start to happen, hopefully Tomlin will pull him, unlike Cowher who would never pull his QB. This team has to much on the line to throw it away. Literally.

Makaveli
12-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Big Ben not hospitalized following concussion

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/;_ylt=AsF.ydnBH4a1cHQCftHoC4kdsLYF) did not stay in a hospital overnight after receiving a concussion Sunday against Cleveland, but it was uncertain if he will practice this week.
Roethlisberger lay on the ground for nearly 15 minutes after being leveled by two Browns defenders and was strapped to a stretcher as he was carried off the field. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital but left after tests were concluded.
With a week off before they begin practicing for their Jan. 11 divisional playoff game, the Steelers will work out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, then take the weekend off. The Steelers expect Roethlisberger to be ready for that game but probably won’t rush him back to practice with so much time off before they play again.
A week after that, Roethlisberger threw for 433 yards but was intercepted three more times during a 31-20 loss to Denver.

Roethlisberger has had at least three concussions in the last three years. He also received one during a June 2006 motorcycle accident. He was not wearing a helmet at the time.

Very interesting post/article Stlrs4.:helmet: What i see though when i read it is,..."the forthcoming and almost perfect" excuse that Roethlisberger's fans will use when he "melts down" in the playoffs this year.

"See,..what had happened was,....Ben,.Ben,....he had just,..uuummm,..got that concussion against Cleveland right ?! And see,...that's why he just threw the game away today. And uuuuhhh,...did we mention that the O-line is not the greatest in the history of the NFL, and Coach Cowher was too hard on him,...and, and,.. his receivers aren't tall enough,...and Arians and Willie Parker ain't sh#t,......"

Knock it the f#ck off. :chuckle::chuckle:

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Very interesting post/article Stlrs4.:helmet: What i see though when i read it is,..."the forthcoming and almost perfect" excuse that Roethlisberger's fans will use when he melts down the playoffs this year.

"See,..what had happened was,....Ben,.Ben,....he had jus,..uuummm,..got that concussion against Cleveland right ?! And see,...that's why he just threw the game away today. And uuuuhhh,...did we mention that the O-line is not the greatest in the history of the NFL, and Coach Cowher was too hard on him,...and, and,.. his receivers aren't tall enough,...and Arians and Willie Parker ain't sh#t,......"

Knock it the f#ck off. :chuckle::chuckle:

You know, it's funny that we never see you around when things are going great. Ever. Why is that? What do you have against our QB? Do you always have to be the eternal pessimist? Can't you ever find a silver lining? Or is your life so miserable that you feel everyone else should be there too?

So in your own words why don't you knock it the f#ck off?

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
the dif between now and the raider game is that ben doesn't have to play next week...

Makaveli
12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
You know, it's funny that we never see you around when things are going great. Ever. Why is that? What do you have against our QB? Do you always have to be the eternal pessimist? Can't you ever find a silver lining? Or is your life so miserable that you feel everyone else should be there too?

So in your own words why don't you knock it the f#ck off?

My life is far from miserable,..in fact it's exceptional. So it's not a matter of "Eternal pessimism" homie,...but in FACT a matter of simple logic. You, like everyone else whom rides this dude's nuts and give him unwarranted credit and or accolades watches him play and realize that he is NOTHING like what you portray him to be based upon his actual play. But yet you still continue to turn a blind eye to it,...and call it "silver lining".

That's what needs to "knocked the f@ck off" from where i stand.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
My life is is far from miserable,..in fact it's exceptional. So it's not a matter of "Eternal pessimism homie,...but in FACT a matter of simple logic. You, like everyone else whom rides this dude's nuts and give him unwarranted credit and or accolades watches him him play and realize that he is NOTHING like what you portray him to be based upon his actual play. But yet you still continue to turn a blind eye to it,...and call it "silver lining".

Actually, I was responding to your "alleged" built in excuses comment, not reality. If you chose to read my previous post you would be able to discern that. But I digress homie.

cubanstogie
12-29-2008, 09:27 PM
My life is is far from miserable,..in fact it's exceptional. So it's not a matter of "Eternal pessimism homie,...but in FACT a matter of simple logic. You, like everyone else whom rides this dude's nuts and give him unwarranted credit and or accolades watches him him play and realize that he is NOTHING like what you portray him to be based upon his actual play. But yet you still continue to turn a blind eye to it,...and call it "silver lining".

you must be an ex eagle fan.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 09:28 PM
My life is is far from miserable,..in fact it's exceptional. So it's not a matter of "Eternal pessimism" homie,...but in FACT a matter of simple logic. You, like everyone else whom rides this dude's nuts and give him unwarranted credit and or accolades watches him him play and realize that he is NOTHING like what you portray him to be based upon his actual play. But yet you still continue to turn a blind eye to it,...and call it "silver lining".

You still failed to answer my honest questions about your motive.

Makaveli
12-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Actually, I was responding to your "alleged" built in excuses comment, not reality. If you chose to read my previous post you would be able to discern that. But I digress homie.

Oh there's nothing "alleged" about it,.....when his poor play 'sit's us down" from playoffs this season,....sit back and "behold".

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh there's nothing "alleged" about it,.....when his poor play 'sit's us down" from playoffs this season,....sit back and "behold".

Still no answers to my questions huh? Maybe you should "behold" another team then. Just to "save" yourself from misery. Just a thought. You know "homie".

cubanstogie
12-29-2008, 09:37 PM

without him we wouldn't be in playoffs. Let me guess you think the D is responsible for everyting. 5 comeback wins says it all. go back to the eagles.

markymarc
12-30-2008, 06:16 AM

Amazing how his poor play got us a 12-4 record and of course a first round playoff bye. The bottom line is in the playoffs this year we are going to lose or win with Ben. At this point we don't have much of a running game and that means it will lie on the throwing arm of Ben and of course the defense.

Makaveli
12-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Still no answers to my questions huh? Maybe you should "behold" another team then. Just to "save" yourself from misery. Just a thought. You know "homie".

Since my original response to this was deleted. Let me put it another way instead of calling you as i see you individually 43. We'll continue to agree to disagree and watch what happens in the coming weeks. And i won't, nor will i "hit" you or anyone else up with the "i told ya so". Because you will then have eyes and will be concious as you are now.(No matter what you say here)

stlrtruck
12-30-2008, 09:33 AM
I'll say this, even if Ben's symptoms from the concussion put us out of the playoffs, I will refuse to bash him and drag his name through the mud. His efforts brought this franchise a 5th SB Trophy. A few years ago we lived and died by our defense, even when our offense was putting up points because our secondary was atrocious. Now we live and die by our offense - including Ben!

I look at it like this. I support the President of the United States, even if I didn't vote for him. If I can do that, then I most definitely can support the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers!

TackleMeBen
12-30-2008, 09:35 AM
i think coach tomlin will do what is best for the team, and if that means benching ben he will do it. i dont see him being like cowher and playing a player when he knows he shouldnt.

LambertIsGod58
12-30-2008, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=stlrtruck;511243]Now we live and die by our offense - including Ben! /QUOTE]

?:noidea:

We have a number #1 defense that would argue with that statement. As they should.

43Hitman
12-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Since my original response to this was deleted. Let me put it another way instead calling you as i see you individually 43. We'll continue to agree to disagree and watch what happens in the coming weeks. And i won't, nor will i "hit" you or anyone else up with the "i told ya so". Because you will then have eyes and will be concious as you are now.(No matter what you say here)

That's fine by me. Personally, I just wanted you to answer a few simple questions. But I guess you don't want to. :noidea:

stlrtruck
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=stlrtruck;511243]Now we live and die by our offense - including Ben! /QUOTE]

?:noidea:

We have a number #1 defense that would argue with that statement. As they should.

My point being is that when our defense was pourous, our offense had to score more points than they do today. So we lived and died by our defense - if they could play a decent game, our offense could score 28-35 points and no problem. Now, our offense is below average and they don't put up alot of points - - our stout defense can only do so much and if they're on the field too long because of our offense it lessens our chances of victory, so we live and die on our offense's ability to move the ball and give the defense a rest.

I hope I clarified my position on this.

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Here's to hoping Ben has a Fantastic Post Season and does his part on the 53 man roster to get us the 6th Trophy.

:drink:

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Here's to also hoping we don't have any punts or field goals blocked and returned for touchdowns, don't give up any kick returns for touchdowns, don't give up any huge drives or big plays for touchdowns, that our running game does what it needs to do to win us games, that we don't have any 4th down meltdowns on defense, that we don't have any stupid penalties, holding, pass interverence or the personal foul penalties that kill drives or help the other team....here's to hoping the entire TEAM does its job, from holder to gunner on the kickoffs and we as a Team perform to the best of our abilities and bring our A game for the next 3 games. Starting in at home, week 2 of the playoffs.

43Hitman
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Here's to hoping Ben has a Fantastic Post Season and does his part on the 53 man roster to get us the 6th Trophy.

I agree. And also "IF" Ben does start to have a really bad day I hope the "coach" will do what is best for the team, and put the best guy out there that will give us the best chance to win.

Fire Haley
12-30-2008, 02:54 PM
This thread sucks.

Ben returns to practice

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger watched practice today and has started taking a standard battery of tests as he recovers from the concussion he sustained in a 31-0 win over the Browns.

Roethlisberger has an extra week to get better since the Steelers have a first-round bye in the playoffs. Coach Mike Tomlin said there is nothing to indicate that Roethlisberger won't be able to play in the Steelers' AFC divisional playoff game a week from Saturday at Heinz Field.

"We're going to proceed slowly with him because we have that luxury," Tomlin said today, "but we feel comfortable with where he is relative to Sunday and where he's capable of being next week in preparation for our game.
"

Tomlin has not ruled out Roethlisberger practicing this week. The Steelers practice tomorrow and Thursday before taking a three-day weekend. Roethlisberger left the Steelers' locker room shortly after practice and did not talk to reporters.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...ce=rss&feed=43

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 04:03 PM
I agree. And also "IF" Ben does start to have a really bad day I hope the "coach" will do what is best for the team, and put the best guy out there that will give us the best chance to win.

Can lose mo nore games!

Oops - wrong thread - sorry! :couch:

OX1947
12-30-2008, 04:46 PM
If the Steelers do not turn the ball over foolishly in the playoffs. they will win it all. Ben had been making too many Tony Romo type mistakes. He needs to play more cautious, like he did in the Baltimore game.

And if Willie Parker is truly back, which looked like he was. That might ignite the 2007 version of our offense because now the teams we play wont just focus on the pass.

steel striker
12-30-2008, 09:54 PM

I find your lack of faith disturbing! Some steeler fan you are already wishing bad things on the steelers. You would find fault in Ben if he threw three for 350 yards and 4 td's with no picks. You have negative waves and I don't like it at all. It seems there some fans out there like you who only doubt beat Ben when he is down but, are never around when he plays well why is that? Because you are not a true steeler fan. Peace out.