PDA

View Full Version : I'll really miss Hines Ward when he retires.

Edman
12-28-2008, 02:40 PM
One of the Steelers' all time best and a true definition of a Steeler. :hatsoff:

300 yards away from 10,000 yards and a spot in Canton.

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 03:20 PM
good thing were gonna cut him in a salary cap saving measure....

:jawdrop:

actually he makes about 9 mil next season which is the final year in his contract. lets hope he takes a HUGE hometown discount to retire a steeler like jerome.

i have a feeling he would be one of the first to do so.

:cheers: to hines!

T.Richardson
12-28-2008, 03:35 PM
800 career receptions! Hall of Fame!

VegasStlrFan
12-28-2008, 03:59 PM
It would be a shame to see him in any other jersey.

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Hopefully Hines takes a good deal that allows him to play in Pittsburgh even longer, and gets to win a few more Rings as a Steeler.

Crushzilla
12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't know why he would want to be anywhere else.

He's the greatest receiver in the history of one of the greatest franchises in the league with a fanatical following.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

We common people know nothing of football politics, however.

T.Richardson
12-28-2008, 04:04 PM
He's going to be like Art Monk. Forgotten as one of the best recievers.

Crushzilla
12-28-2008, 04:14 PM
He's going to be like Art Monk. Forgotten as one of the best recievers.

That 's actually funny that you mention Monk.

After he caught that 800th pass I thought about his potential to be a HoF WR.

Then I immediately realized that he is going to get Monk'd.

We all know that it is going to take a guy like Woodson or Bettis to get a Steeler into the HoF. There's Steeler over-crowding going on and the Bungle fans are starting to get a little :crying02:

T&B fan
12-28-2008, 04:44 PM
That 's actually funny that you mention Monk.

After he caught that 800th pass I thought about his potential to be a HoF WR.

Then I immediately realized that he is going to get Monk'd.

We all know that it is going to take a guy like Woodson or Bettis to get a Steeler into the HoF. There's Steeler over-crowding going on and the Bungle fans are starting to get a little :crying02:

hahaha :rofl: thats to true

Carolina Steelers
12-28-2008, 04:45 PM
I know Hines is on the back end of his career but I think he's got 3-5 yrs left.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
When you look up "Steelers football player" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Hines Ward. He is what Steelers football is all about.

markymarc
12-28-2008, 06:26 PM
What a game by Ward. IMO he has had a HOF career. Now it's time for Ward to come up big in the playoffs.

NV STEELERS 723
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
I will miss Hines smile too...what a great player, and person...all good things come to an end though...I will always wear his jersey no matter what!

Fordy
12-28-2008, 10:41 PM
They probably wont retire his number but the next guy who wears 86 has big shoes to fill and he better be able to block. I cant stomach the thought of an average or below average WR wearing 86 in the future.

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 11:03 PM
They probably wont retire his number but the next guy who wears 86 has big shoes to fill and he better be able to block. I cant stomach the thought of an average or below average WR wearing 86 in the future.

it'll be a tight end....

WWIIOwheelz
12-28-2008, 11:05 PM
I moved here in 95, and I never dared think I'd be able to witness comparable chapters in Steelers history to the dynasty of the 70s. I've watched every game since August of that year, and it's been a privilege to watch him play the game. I believe he'll get into Canton easily, honestly, simply because he's been recognized by his peers and the media as being the most complete player at his position for years. Maybe that's being a little naive, but my gut tells me he'll be there.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 01:03 AM
I love Ward and his game from his rookie season on.

I was thinking today, if you had to choose one Steeler WR in his prime to start for a season, who would it be? Swann, Stallworth, Ward, Lipps???

For me, I still think John Stallworth was the most complete Steeler WR ever.