PDA

View Full Version : I firmly believe Ben is not playing past age 30.

T.Richardson
12-28-2008, 03:34 PM
I mean come on! how many injuries can a QB accumulate over time?

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 03:35 PM

ask Steve Young......Or Lord Favre who hasn't missed a start in 17 seasons.

Big D
12-28-2008, 03:36 PM

I"m more worried about his long term health and his health past football. It's not good for someone his age to have this many concussions already. Sadly it's not about football anymore

T.Richardson
12-28-2008, 03:38 PM
ask Steve Young......Or Lord Favre who hasn't missed a start in 17 seasons.

speaking of Favre...he just threw an int.

Edman
12-28-2008, 03:38 PM
He's only had two.

No, that isn't good.

jjpro11
12-28-2008, 03:40 PM
He's only had two.

No, that isn't good.

this is his 3rd.. that we know of.. the motorcycle accident, atlanta game 2 years ago, and today.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 03:40 PM
speaking of Favre...he just threw an int.

He's still a first ballot HOF'er and has made his Jets team better. Where is GB this year? That should tell you how good Favre is. You don't like him.......:noidea:

fansince'76
12-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Staubach lasted 11 seasons (after getting a late start as a 27-year-old rookie due to a 5-year stint in the Navy) and got 10-12 concussions during his career when QBs were a LOT less protected than they are now, and he still has his wits about him. Guys like Staubach, Bradshaw, Unitas and others getting the hell literally beat out of them back in the day are partially why QBs are so protected now.

Big D
12-28-2008, 03:42 PM
this is his 3rd.. that we know of.. the motorcycle accident, atlanta game 2 years ago, and today.

that's my point. How many more can he have? Even his biggest haters wouldn't want him to be a post football vegetable... I would understand if he did retire because of these injuries

Crushzilla
12-28-2008, 03:42 PM
It's football.

Not to sound insensitive, but I would have to believe that Ben Roethlisberger and any other guy who straps up would agree with those three words.

Ben's going to do what he does. When we get a better offensive line, he will take less of a beating. This is how he plays, though.

It's why we love him, but it's also why we are left with our stomachs in our throats so often.

Ben will play until he can't anymore. Whether it's 30 or 40; he's going to play like a champion.

EDIT: Or two words... depending how you look at it...

Big D
12-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Staubach lasted 11 seasons (after getting a late start as a 27-year-old rookie due to a 5-year stint in the Navy) and got 10-12 concussions during his career when QBs were a LOT less protected than they are now, and he still has his wits about him.

at the same time, players are twice as big and twice as fast.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Staubach lasted 11 seasons (after getting a late start as a 27-year-old rookie due to a 5-year stint in the Navy) and got 10-12 concussions during his career when QBs were a LOT less protected than they are now, and he still has his wits about him. Guys like Staubach, Bradshaw, Unitas and others getting the hell literally beat out of them back in the day are partially why QBs are so protected now.

I tend to forget about Staubach...being it was so long ago. Do you remember the hit LC put on him in his last regular season game against us? I think LC talks about it in one of the America's Game episodes.

T.Richardson
12-28-2008, 03:47 PM

what about that Baltimore game?

The Duke
He's still a first ballot HOF'er and has made his Jets team better. Where is GB this year? That should tell you how good Favre is. You don't like him.......:noidea:

GB is awful cause of their defense. has nothing to do with favre

fansince'76
at the same time, players are twice as big and twice as fast.

A concussion is a concussion, but I know what you mean. Guys were more apt to risk playing with them back then as well as not nearly as much was known about them as there is now. Sports medicine in those days was in the Stone Age compared to now.

X-Terminator
12-28-2008, 03:51 PM
GB is awful cause of their defense. has nothing to do with favre

Yeah, because Rodgers has actually outplayed Favre this season. It certainly isn't their offense.

I also can't see Ben playing past 30 unless the OL gets better and he takes less of a beating. Let's throw the motorcycle accident out of the way for now - look at all of the punishment he's taken ON the field in the past 3 years. It's tough for a QB to remain productive if he's getting his ass kicked every week. Just ask David Carr.

Michael Keller
12-28-2008, 03:52 PM

Does anybody know since the Steelers drafted Alan Faneca, other them Simmon , what offesnsive linemen the Steelers have drafted in the first three rounds? What round? Ben needs help and he needs it soon. I share your concern about Ben's health and longevity.

VegasStlrFan
12-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Trent Green tops the list of QB's that should be worried about their futures after football (hes had his noodle scrambled by some highlight reel hits). I think (hope) Ben will be around as long as he wants to play. This (and last) is a bad year considering the poor oline play. I wouldn't expect this 3 to 5 sacks per game to continue next year.

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2008, 03:57 PM
How many Quarterbacks are you going to find that have the tough mind Ben Has???

Crushzilla
12-28-2008, 03:59 PM
How many Quarterbacks are you going to find that have the tough mind Ben Has???

Literally. His brain is physically tough from the abuse. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
He's still a first ballot HOF'er and has made his Jets team better. Where is GB this year? That should tell you how good Favre is. You don't like him.......:noidea:favre WAS great (im a huge favre fan- possibly the greatest qb ever.)

BUT, pimping the likes of him or romo as better than ben this year, is just absurd.

both are/have single handedly sunk their teams playoff chances. meanwhile ben has single handedly kept his team in it.

:hunch:

Crushzilla
12-28-2008, 04:50 PM
favre WAS great (im a huge favre fan- possibly the greatest qb ever.)

BUT, pimping the likes of him or romo as better than ben this year, is just absurd.

both are/have single handedly sunk their teams playoff chances. meanwhile ben has single handedly kept his team in it.

What is all this garbage?

I can't read any of these "words"

NUMBERS! I need NUMBERS, Tony!

:flap:

GodofGridiron
12-28-2008, 05:01 PM

Ohhh thanks for pissin on the monumental effort put forth by the defense this year. Thanks...........they appreciate you too.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Ohhh thanks for pissin on the monumental effort put forth by the defense this year. Thanks...........they appreciate you too.

I really don't think anyone is taking anything away from how the defense has played. They keep the other team from scoring and they do it extremely well. That being said, it means nothing if we can't put a few points on the board ourselves. And Ben, more than once (how quickly we forget the games at the beginning of the season), has carried the offense on his very wide shoulders and made plays that other QB's would have given up on. Give the man some credit for never, ever giving up.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 05:12 PM

Single handedly? Now that's funny.... first, we are where we are in spite of Ben. The only way a case be made otherwise is that the defense has done so much that Ben hasn't. Look at this turnover/TD ratio. But continue to bury your head and give him credit when he doesn't deserve it.

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Single handedly? Now that's funny.... first, we are where we are in spite of Ben. The only way a case be made otherwise is that the defense has done so much that Ben hasn't. Look at this turnover/TD ratio. But continue to bury your head and give him credit when he doesn't deserve it.

bury your head and continue to stroke the likes of romo and favre.

ben is a big game player. your other 2 faves...

not so much.
screw turnover ratio... why dont you bother checking out WIN ratio. :noidea:

seriously dude. youre the 1 who said you would rather have favre or romo than ben.

im watching both games with your heros and both are pretty much sucking (granted the jets have absolutely nothing to play for thanks to all of favres interceptions).

Preacher
12-28-2008, 05:18 PM

Geez, stop being so sensitive... I think the point Tony was making...

Is that the Line has sucked this year, the rb's have not seemed to pull their weight, the receivers have dropped a number of balls.

Yet, in the end, when the offense needs to get a TD, Ben somehow seems to get the team down the field and into the endzone.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 05:19 PM
bury your head and continue to stroke the likes of romo and favre.

ben is a big game player. your other 2 faves...

not so much.
screw turnover ratio... why dont you bother checking out WIN ratio. :noidea:

Well, let's see. Win ratio reflects the TEAM performance.....as turnover/TD ratio reflects Ben himself. But we won't look at that, b/c it exposes Ben as the pretender he is. He wasn't such a big game player today. Or last week.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Yet, in the end, when the offense needs to get a TD, Ben somehow seems to get the team down the field and into the endzone.

Stop being nice to Ben! :headbutt:

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Well, let's see. Win ratio reflects the TEAM performance.....as turnover/TD ratio reflects Ben himself. But we won't look at that, b/c it exposes Ben as the pretender he is. He wasn't such a big game player today. Or last week.

eagles 41
cowboys 3

and your hero romo fumbles yet again.

that exposes you as the pretender you are.

good luck with favre and romo in fantasy next year.

X-Terminator
12-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Favre - 22 TD, 21 INT, 10 fumbles (2 lost)
Romo - 26 TD, 14 INT, 13 fumbles (6 lost)
Ben - 17 TD, 15 INT, 14 fumbles (7 lost)

Those stats include today's games.

Yeah, Favre and Romo have been SO much better than Ben this season. :coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 05:34 PM
eagles 41
cowboys 3

and your hero romo fumbles yet again.

that exposes you as the pretender you are.

good luck with favre and romo in fantasy next year.

Try this on......

Favre 323/482 67%, 23TDs 23TOs, 80.4 QB rating

Ben 281/469 59.9%, 17TDs 22TOs, 80.8 QB rating

Has nothing to do with fantasy. Favre has outplayed Ben this season. And I wouldn't talk about fumbles. Without looking at it, I'd bet Ben has more fumbles than Romo and Favre combined. Ben is a poser.....Favre wouldn't have come out of that game today.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Favre - 22 TD, 21 INT, 10 fumbles (2 lost)
Romo - 26 TD, 14 INT, 13 fumbles (6 lost)
Ben - 17 TD, 15 INT, 14 fumbles (7 lost)

Those stats include today's games.

Yeah, Favre and Romo have been SO much better than Ben this season. :coffee:

Did you forget that Romo was out FOUR games? and yet he still has NINE more TDs.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Did you forget that Romo was out FOUR games? and yet he still has NINE more TDs.

And he's watching the playoffs at home. :coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 05:39 PM
And he's watching the playoffs at home. :coffee:

maybe so....but if Ben was on Dallas, he would be too.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 05:40 PM
maybe so....but if Ben was on Dallas, he would be too.

And I bet the 'girls fans would take Ben over Romo right now, too.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 05:43 PM
And I bet the 'girls fans would take Ben over Romo right now, too.

nah....I doubt it. Non Steeler fans know that truth about Ben. Even the Steeler fans I know say we win in spite of Ben. He is better than what we're use to....but he's not second coming you all want him to be. I wish he was....

X-Terminator
12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
First of all, Romo missed THREE games. Second of all, while he threw 9 more TDs, he only has TWO fewer total turnovers than Ben in three fewer games. But nah, let's ignore all that just because Romo has a few more TD passes. The man is a turnover machine in addition to being a major choke artist. He's NOT that much better than Ben, and I sure as hell would not take him over Ben. Period.

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
:cheer: "romo is sooooo great!" :cheer:

:yawn: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :drooling:

"ben bad. romo-favre good".

i guess its true. bitching is so easy even a caveman can do it.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 05:45 PM
nah....I doubt it. Non Steeler fans know that truth about Ben. Even the Steeler fans I know say we win in spite of Ben. He is better than what we're use to....but he's not second coming you all want him to be. I wish he was....

Why so negative. I don't want a 2nd coming. I want a QB that doesn't choke his meat in big games, that plays well, that does all he can to win, that has the arm to go deep, the skill to avoid a rush, the ability to scramble when needed and the head smarts to make good plays in critical situations.

There was only ever One Terry. I don't want a 2nd coming, just a QB that gets the job done and that when the game is on the line, I can put my faith in.

And that, is what I, and many other Steelers fans believe we have in Ben. A QB we can put our faith in.

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 05:45 PM
:cheer: "romo is sooooo great!" :cheer:

:yawn: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :drooling:

A-ben. :chuckle:

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 05:46 PM
First of all, Romo missed THREE games. Second of all, while he threw 9 more TDs, he only has TWO fewer total turnovers than Ben in three fewer games. But nah, let's ignore all that just because Romo has a few more TD passes. The man is a turnover machine in addition to being a major choke artist. He's NOT that much better than Ben. Period.

All I wanted is for you to see that he IS better than Ben. And from your last statement, you do see it. Thanks.:tt:

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Why so negative. I don't want a 2nd coming. I want a QB that doesn't choke his meat in big games, that plays well, that does all he can to win, that has the arm to go deep, the skill to avoid a rush, the ability to scramble when needed and the head smarts to make good plays in critical situations.

There was only ever One Terry. I don't want a 2nd coming, just a QB that gets the job done and that when the game is on the line, I can put my faith in.

And that, is what I, and many other Steelers fans believe we have in Ben. A QB we can put our faith in.

And here it comes......right on cue........

"No, he's not because..........because................."

beSteelmyheart
12-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Who gives a shit about Bret Favre or Tony Homo in Pittsburgh right now? Why would you give one second shit about Farve after watching Ben being carted off the field today & wondering if he was going to be ok? Is this about Ben or is it about His AssHoliness, Lord Favre? :banging:

T.Richardson
12-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Favre: 12/31 168 yds 1 TD 2 int.
Romo: 17/34 149 yds. 1 int. 2 lost fumbles.

And yet...they get a pass. Lambertisgod is a hypocrite.

X-Terminator
Who gives a shit about Bret Favre or Tony Homo in Pittsburgh right now? Why would you give one second shit about Farve after watching Ben being carted off the field today & wondering if he was going to be ok? Is this about Ben or is it about His AssHoliness, Lord Favre? :banging:

I didn't start it. You know who did.

tony hipchest
maybe so....but if Ben was on Dallas, he would be too.:rofl:

if ben were on dallas they would be living up to their pre-season sb favorite hype and probably be favorites to win the sb right about now.

you know why????

because ben is a gamer and a winner and YOUR boy romo is a prima donna CHOKER.

:busted: this is really a joke, right?. if not, release the hate and think about being a steelerfan.

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Favre: 12/31 168 yds 1 TD 2 int.
Romo: 17/34 149 yds. 1 int. 2 lost fumbles.

And yet...they get a pass. Lambertisgod is a hypocrite.

:yep: seems that way, huh?

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 05:56 PM
And, it looks like both Favre and Romo will be watching the playoffs at the local bar while Ben is entering the postseason for the 4th time in 5 seasons. Not bad........for a loser.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 05:57 PM
:rofl:

if ben were on dallas they would be living up to their pre-season sb favorite hype and probably be favorites to win the sb right about now.

you know why????

because ben is a gamer and a winner and YOUR boy romo is a prima donna CHOKER.

:busted: this is really a joke, right?. if not, release the hate and think about being a steelerfan.

So I'm not a Steeler fan b/c Im not a Ben fan? I didn't realize it was a prerequisite to be a fan of the starting QB before you could like a team.....my bad. I didn't know.:coffee:

Big D
12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Try this on......

Favre 323/482 67%, 23TDs 23TOs, 80.4 QB rating

Ben 281/469 59.9%, 17TDs 22TOs, 80.8 QB rating

Has nothing to do with fantasy. Favre has outplayed Ben this season. And I wouldn't talk about fumbles. Without looking at it, I'd bet Ben has more fumbles than Romo and Favre combined. Ben is a poser.....Favre wouldn't have come out of that game today.

your ben hate is ridiculous. What's the jets record? What is the steelers record?

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 05:59 PM
ummmmmmm............Favre just got intercepted.

Big D
12-28-2008, 06:00 PM
So I'm not a Steeler fan b/c Im not a Ben fan? I didn't realize it was a prerequisite to be a fan of the starting QB before you could like a team.....my bad. I didn't know.:coffee:

by the way your boy favre just choked his ass off again and threw yet another critical int

X-Terminator
Make that 24 TOs - Your Messiah just threw another pick in crunch time.

Without looking at it? I just posted the fumble numbers for Favre and Romo. Favre - 10. Romo - 13. 23 > 14

No, Ben did NOT have more fumbles than both of them combined and had just one more than Romo did in THREE MORE GAMES!

GOD, your insufferable hatred for Ben has gone way beyond ridiculous.

LambertIsGod58
And, it looks like both Favre and Romo will be watching the playoffs at the local bar while Ben is entering the postseason for the 4th time in 5 seasons. Not bad........for a loser.

Not bad having the number ONE defense three of these five years. But it's all Ben, always has been, always will be. But you can continue to fool yourself if it makes your world go around. We were in the playoffs before Ben and will be after. How long had it "Ben" for GB before Favre came to town? 25 years.......and how many playoff appearances did he make?

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 06:01 PM
ummmmmmm............Favre just got intercepted.

Favre is still playing though, isn't he. He's tougher than Ben.

T.Richardson
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM

and that means....?

Big D
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM

yeah since favre got up after a concussion during a pointless game and finished right? So you would want ben to risk his life for a pointless game?

beSteelmyheart
12-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Judging by what I overheard from the livingroom, His AssHoliness Lord Farve just threw another (#3)interception & Tony Homo choked again, so suck it up, Ben Haters & cry into your proverbial tissue boxes, I have no sympathy for you. Go Dolphins!

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 06:04 PM
and that means....?

I didn't realize is was so tough to understand.....:noidea:

stillers4me
12-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Not bad having the number ONE defense three of these five years. But it's all Ben, always has been, always will be. But you can continue to fool yourself if it makes your world go around. We were in the playoffs before Ben and will be after. How long had it "Ben" for GB before Favre came to town? 25 years.......and how many playoff appearances did he make?

I don't recall anyone saying "it's all Ben". Stop putting words in everyone's mouths. When it comes to the play of the offense, it's Ben that makes the big plays happen. It's Ben that never quits. It's Ben that pull the plays out of his ass when it counts. The defense can be a brick wall all day long, but someone has to put the points on the board for the black and gold. And without Ben, it ain't happening.

X-Terminator
12-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah, so now it's Ben's not tough because he got knocked out with a concussion, even though he's sucked it up and played through injury after injury all season long.

That's it, I'm done with this guy. He hates Ben, he thinks he sucks and thinks a choker and an over-the-hill turnover machine are better than him. I don't know why I even bothered.

Back into the bozo bin you go.

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Favre is still playing though, isn't he. He's tougher than Ben.no doubt the interception machine is the toughest SOB in football.

nobody could take so many game losing interceptions and beatings in meaningful games and keep returning if it werent so.

keep in mind, i love favre, but i gotta point this out to show how rediculous and hypocritical your anti ben stance really is.

its downright absurd.

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
That's it, I'm done with this guy.

Best news I've heard all day.......

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 06:09 PM
no doubt the interception machine is the toughest SOB in football.

nobody could take so many game losing interceptions and beatings in meaningful games and keep returning if it werent so.

keep in mind, i love favre, but i gotta point this out to show how rediculous and hypocritical your anti ben stance really is.

its downright absurd.

Most of Favre's INT's weren't his fault......he had a bad offensive line.:coffee:

Big D
12-28-2008, 06:09 PM
pretty sure mr wrangler and ben both have one ring..

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
pretty sure mr wrangler and ben both have one ring..

And Brady has three of them......what's your point?

Tankus_Maximus
12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Unless the FO fixes the O-Line ASAP, Ben's gonna be eating the rest of his meals through a straw, and there goes the Rooney's 100 million $ franchise QB.

Big D
12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
And Brady has three of them......what's your point?

I didn't know we were comparing brady

cubanstogie
12-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Favre was flat out terrible today what was basically a playoff game, and as long as we are on the subject Romo continues his December woes as well. I will continue to take Ben anyday.

lilyoder6
12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
if ben can take care of his body when he does get the injuries and what not.. he can still play past 30

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
HAHAHA, they pulled Favre from the game because he sucks so bad!!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Favre is back in. Imagine a 99 yard td pass....that would be Legend

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Favre is back in. Imagine a 99 yard td pass....that would be Legend

Nah, a 20 yard interception is more likely.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Nah, a 20 yard interception is more likely.

I don't understand the play call, pass lateral from that spot.

Throw it deep, you may get a Pass Interference call and get another shot at a deep ball...those lateral plays...they are ridiculous to run, especially so deep in your own end.

There goes Favre...hate to see him go out this way, but at least his last pass wasn't an INT.

beSteelmyheart
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Yep, Favre is so damned tough he didn't go for the last play of the game & was the first to the tunnel..Choke choke..cough cough...:flap:

The Duke
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't understand the play call, pass lateral from that spot.

Throw it deep, you may get a Pass Interference call and get another shot at a deep ball...those lateral plays...they are ridiculous to run, especially so deep in your own end.

There goes Favre...hate to see him go out this way, but at least his last pass wasn't an INT.

Yeah, I hate them

when was the last time the steelers even tried one of those? It's always try to win it by passing with ben in the end