PDA

View Full Version : Awful...Just Awful

Livinginthe past
12-18-2005, 08:47 PM
I am watching the Bears v Falcons, and im finding it more and more difficult to defend the NFC if these two represent winning teams from that conference.

Kyle Orton is plain awful, I can forgive a rookie QB plenty of mistakes but this guy simply doesnt have the throwing mechanics required to make it in the NFL.

As I type this he is 2/8 and the two completions needed plenty of work by the receiver to haul them in.

At times he is 6/7 yards off the mark on relatively short routes.

Its fun watching some hard hitting D, but the playcalling is a mite predictable...run,run, pass...incomplete...punt.

Listening to the commentators try and put a positive spin on back-2-back 1 yard runs is mildly amusing ...."thats just great possession football there, its all about keeping field position and waiting for the other team to make a mistake"......hmmm I can practically hear TV's across the States swicthing off as I type this......

NM

SteelR1
12-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Vick is getting crushed by the Bears

Livinginthe past
12-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Vick is showing himself to be an incredibly ordinary QB - his rating is sub-Orton (which should be an new official ranking for a QB having a career worst day)

Hearing the commentators bleat about the cold weather is making me laugh - Grossman doesnt seem to be finding it so hard and before this game he had taken something like 34 career snaps.

I really think that we could find the phrase "pulling an Orton" becoming part of common football talk...such as the reason why the Steelers lost to the Jags was because Tommy "pulled an Orton".

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Vick so did not wanna play in this game u could just see it.. even in timeouts he was was putting on his coat to stand there for 30 seconds.. The man was not ready to play in the cold like this on the road against a good defense.

If Im in the NFC and Falcons are coming to my house in the cold, Im not really that scared.

clevestinks
12-19-2005, 05:25 AM
NFC is just minor league football. With maybe the one exception, with Seattle. They look like a team that can do some damage

Suitanim
12-19-2005, 12:05 PM
I think Vick was 5/17 for 14 yards at one point. He is never going to be a real NFL QB. The sad thing for the Falcons is they have what appears to be a very real QB in Matt Shaub wasting away on the bench...

RoethlisBURGHer
12-19-2005, 01:36 PM
And Schuab will be a starting QB somewhere else very soon.

Also,Grossman was looking good when he came in.I think he's gonna be the real deal for the Bears.

Ambridge
12-19-2005, 04:41 PM
And Schuab will be a starting QB somewhere else very soon.

I think Shaub has at least another two years on his rookie contract and I doubt Atlanta lets him leave before that seeing that he is a good back-up for Vick.

IMO Michael Vick has always been a fraud at QB.
Sure he might have a good game here and there but he'll never be a QB that has a high performance on a consistant basis.

BTW-Jim Mora Jr. is a clown. He's strikes me too much of a players coach and doesn't seem much like of a disciplinarian.

SteelCityMan786
12-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Mike Vick lost his touch

SteelCurtain
12-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Mike Vick lost his touch
Mike Vick never had touch, but "he is such an amazing athlete and has such a strong arm." Sorry folks, that doesn't make a decent quarterback. The best quarterback in the league(Peyton Manning) is probably the most unathletic player in the NFL, but he has SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE, which Vick will never have...they need to put him at RB/WR or trade him to another team that has a retarded coaching staff that wants a RB taking the snaps...

*edit* Manning is the most unathletic player in the league next to Maddox...

Steel - X
12-20-2005, 12:23 PM
I think Vick could be a good QB if there offensive line could pass protect and Vick would realize the system and use it to his advantage. Yes he is a mobile QB but they are supposed to be running a west coast offense (which I see none of) it seems like Vick wants to play back yard ball.