PDA

View Full Version : Dear ESPN

Big D
12-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Can we please get off the cowboys sack now. Every year we go through this. How about we start paying attention to teams that have won a playoff game this decade.

Crushzilla
12-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Can we please get off the cowboys sack now. Every year we go through this. How about we start paying attention to teams that have won a playoff game this decade.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 05:04 PM
but the Cowboys are "America's Team"

that is after Rooney told NFL videos that he didn't want the Steelers called America's team...but I digress.

Big D
12-28-2008, 05:16 PM
looks like the cowboys have taken their annual season ending shit... Nighty night cowgirls

T&B fan
12-28-2008, 05:39 PM
ESPN will never stop kissing cowboys a-hole . get use to it ..

SteelCurtain7
12-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Happy trails, little cowpies...till we meet again. :rofl:

While they're at it, ESPN can hop off the Jests'/Favre bandwagon too. Yet another post-season for Brett futility. :laughing:

lilyoder6
12-28-2008, 06:46 PM
espn put all of there eggs in the baskets of favre and the cowboys being in the playoffs... and both are not in hahahahaha

Big D
12-28-2008, 06:53 PM
espn put all of there eggs in the baskets of favre and the cowboys being in the playoffs... and both are not in hahahahaha

you have to wonder with favre,cowboys and pats out of the playoffs you they will suck off next. My money is on the manning sisters

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 06:56 PM
I double down on that, the "manning vs manning" SuperBowl talk starts tomorrow on Mike and Mike and continues until the games next week.

T&B fan
12-28-2008, 07:35 PM
I double down on that, the "manning vs manning" SuperBowl talk starts tomorrow on Mike and Mike and continues until the games next week.

NO :banging::banging::rocket::bash:

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2008, 07:45 PM

At least it will be the case until 1 of the Mannings is eliminated.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 09:52 PM
It'll happen, Greeny will come in tomorrow all mournful over his team's loss, Gollick will be happy for the Eagles...but then they will start breaking down games and what not and of coarse, the Manning vs Manning dream situation will come up, most likely by Greeny and that'll bump the promo for the entire day.

If Cowherd is in, he'll most likely rip apart the Cowboys and praise Andy Ried for benching McNabb 6 weeks ago.

CB1977
12-29-2008, 11:25 AM

No kidding....

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 11:28 AM
NFL Network has had forever on the Cowboys falling and almost nothing on Steelers highlights...gosh darn it...

It could be I just missed the Steelers highlights while jamming guitar hero with my daughter...but really, its been like Cowboys debacle 24-7 already.

Kittyfish
12-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Me, I can't get enough of watching the Cowboys implode. I'd rather see that than Ben getting sacked (again) and being carried away on a stretcher, "thumbs up" or not. Face it, one of the Golden Teams deconstructing before our very eyes is a more interesting story to most people than the Steelers beating the Browns (nothing new there, heaven knows) and Ben getting hurt, especially as he should be fine (fingers crossed). This is one case where I don't mind seeing the Cowboys highlighted.

Godfather
12-30-2008, 10:04 AM
but the Cowboys are "America's Team"

that is after Rooney told NFL videos that he didn't want the Steelers called America's team...but I digress.

No kidding. Steelers are the real America's Team. I think the Packers have a better claim than the Cowboys too.

millwalldavey
12-30-2008, 10:09 AM
What is ESPN to do?

No Cowgirls.
No Brett.
Worst of all, no Cheats!

TackleMeBen
12-30-2008, 10:17 AM
What is ESPN to do?

No Cowgirls.
No Brett.
Worst of all, no Cheats!
they will talk about brady popping the question to gieselle..lol

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2008, 10:38 AM

OH NO!!!...We need to have FULL COVERAGE of the wedding...with Chris Berman giving commentary from the balcony as she walks down the aisle.......
"She....could....go....all...the ....way!!!" (I think thats a gimme, Chris)

Stephen A. Smith will be officiating in his usual pentecostal preacher voice...dabbing a white hankie at his mouth.....
"..do YOU.....the groom...THOMAS BRADY....take THIS woman to be your LAWFUL wedded WIFE.... " (I would less interested in the wedding than in how many people get "slayed in the spirit" by Smith.)

....and Emmitt can give us the post-wedding comments...
..."when you have this type of consumption...of them vows...you know that peoples be thinking.....WEDDING...right? So you haves to be thinking 'bout the deliberatation of them vows and how it can be leading to the wedding night and all the thing that foretolds"

(Hmmmmm....think I'll watch the rerun of Back to Gilligans Island,)

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 11:19 AM
No kidding. Steelers are the real America's Team. I think the Packers have a better claim than the Cowboys too.

I mean, really..we were supposed to be called the "National Team" originally...

In the 1970's, when the Pittsburgh Steelers were winning all those Super Bowls -- four in all -- NFL Films approached the Steelers with the idea of naming them "The Nation's Team." The idea was to produce a fancy documentary highlighting the Steelers' success and their national prominence.

One small problem, though.

Art and Dan Rooney would have none of that.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE1D61639F936A15752C0A9609582 60

and there is this article as well...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8901424/STEELERS-COWBOYS-I-THE-RIVALRY-

STEELtownHAVOX
12-30-2008, 12:13 PM

LOL, now that's funny

KeiselPower99
12-30-2008, 02:17 PM
The can have Americas Team we are THE NATION!!!!!

westcoastransplant
12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Any team or fan base claiming to be America's Team are arogant morons. But hey, its all they can still cling to.

SteelCityKing
12-30-2008, 04:04 PM
honestly, i would REALLY like to know why the Dallas Cowboys are called "America's Team?" what the hell makes them more American than most of the NFL teams in the league? 5 Super Bowls? guess what, we got those too ESPN.

Jerry Jones probably paid ESPN $25 and a hotdog to say it atleast 15 times an hour. Jones is a tool. i hope he's living it up now, watching and waiting to see us take our 6th.

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 04:36 PM
The Cryboys can be America's Team.

The Steelers are Planet Earth's Team! :tt03::tt02:

SteelCityKing
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
The Cryboys can be America's Team.

The Steelers are Planet Earth's Team! :tt03::tt02:

HAHA! there you go! i like the sound of that. =)

SteelCurtain7
12-30-2008, 04:47 PM
honestly, i would REALLY like to know why the Dallas Cowboys are called "America's Team?" what the hell makes them more American than most of the NFL teams in the league? 5 Super Bowls? guess what, we got those too ESPN.

Jerry Jones probably paid ESPN $25 and a hotdog to say it atleast 15 times an hour. Jones is a tool. i hope he's living it up now, watching and waiting to see us take our 6th.

I remember when they were called "America's Most Wanted." :rofl: Leon Lett, Michael Irvin, Nate Newton (and others) running afoul of the law.

It took the Steelers only six tries to get five SB wins. It took the Cowpies eight. Yet BSPN and others in the sports media continue to ride their bandwagon. I guess they have a special affinity for megalomaniacal team owner *jerryjonescough* . :rolleyes:

SteelCityKing
12-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I remember when they were called "America's Most Wanted." :rofl: Leon Lett, Michael Irvin, Nate Newton (and others) running afoul of the law.

It took the Steelers only six tries to get five SB wins. It took the Cowpies eight. Yet BSPN and others in the sports media continue to ride their bandwagon. I guess they have a special affinity for megalomaniacal team owner *jerryjonescough* . :rolleyes:

HAHA! that statement is beyond the truth. i remember a joke floating around, it was: what do you call a crack cocaine drug ring in Texas? a huddle. haha!

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 05:52 PM
HAHA! haha!

Are you sure you aren't registered here under another moniker? HAHA!

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 07:19 PM
My mistake, it took 2 days for the Manning vs Manning crap talk to start.

I hope the chargers beat the colts and whoever goes to NJ round 2 knocks the Giants block off.