PDA

View Full Version : superbowl LOSERS curse...

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 06:13 PM
11-5 and the pats miss the playoffs....

:rofl::toofunny:...:flap:....:sofunny:....:flap:.. ..:toofunny: :rofl:

couldnt of happened to a more piece of shit franchise (sorry missedggehead- please allow me my right to an opinion). this has got to really sting all of their fans.

that is great! :thumbsup:

MACH1
12-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Gotta love it.
Blame it on the hard schedule they had. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

fansince'76
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Goodell burning the midnight oil to ensure the Pats* a postseason berth somehow. Possibly a temporary realignment where the Pats* go to the AFC West? They are in the western part of the Eastern seaboard, after all.... :coffee:

The Duke
12-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Goodell burning the midnight oil to ensure the Pats* a postseason berth somehow. Possibly a temporary realignment where the Pats* go to the AFC West? They are in the western part of the Eastern seaboard, after all.... :coffee:

All of the sudden next year he makes a whole new playoff system, just so the pats don't go through this again

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2008, 06:29 PM
The playoff system is perfect the way it is. The AFC east had so many wins because they played the NFC west and AFC west. The AFC West had to play the NFC South, hence the large amount of loses. Plus they had to travel to the AFC East twice each and we all know how bad the West teams do coming across time zones.

The playoff system won't be touched. And apparently, its happened before. an 11 win team not making the playoffs. So its nothing new.

fansince'76
12-28-2008, 06:45 PM
The playoff system won't be touched. And apparently, its happened before. an 11 win team not making the playoffs. So its nothing new.

But this isn't just any 11-win team we're talking about - it's the GOLDEN Franchise! :nw: :nw: :nw:

:coffee:

The Patriot
12-28-2008, 08:30 PM
At least Favre made a fool of himself.

missedgehead
12-28-2008, 08:30 PM

couldnt of happened to a more piece of shit franchise (sorry missedggehead- please allow me my right to an opinion). this has got to really sting all of their fans.

All I have to say to that is: " He who winks maliciously causes grief, and a chattering fool comes to ruin." Prov 10:10

HometownGal
12-28-2008, 08:35 PM

Awwwww - poor Cheats*. Boo frickity Hooooooooooooooooo. :crying01::crying01::crying01:

JPPT1974
12-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Well, at least, I don't have to see the Pats until next year!:applaudit:

tony hipchest
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
All I have to say to that is: " He who winks maliciously causes grief, and a chattering fool comes to ruin." Prov 10:10all i have to say to that is :blah: and :jerkit:.

and who you callin a fool? hasnt your holier than thou self learned that 2 wrongs dont make a right?

no?

.... hence the term "egghead"

MACH1
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
All I have to say to that is: " He who winks maliciously causes grief, and a chattering fool comes to ruin." Prov 10:10

Translation...Karma's a bitc*.

SteelersMongol
12-28-2008, 09:00 PM
At least Favre made a fool of himself.

:shake01:

klick81
12-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Teeheehee!!! I LOVE IT!!!

X-Terminator
12-28-2008, 11:01 PM
There's no one happier than I am to see that bunch of cheating bastards and all of their ignorant assjack fans crying in their Sam Adams because they couldn't cruise into the playoffs, as is their birthright, according to them. Had they beaten the 8-8 AFC West Champion San Diego Chargers instead of getting their asses handed to them, they would be in and the Denver Broncos would be preparing to get steamrolled by the Colts (which BTW is another team they couldn't beat).

No sympathy here. It's exactly what they deserve.

Karma. She's a bitch!

The Duke
12-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Didn't the pats have the easiest schedule in the league? :rofl:

LOSERS!!

NJarhead
12-29-2008, 08:47 AM

Okay, Tony may have "winked maliciously" towards New England (as did I), but there can be no question that YOU are the chattering fool. :doh: The sad part is that you don't even realize it.

The Patriot
12-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm not going to be ashamed of winning 11 games. I'll miss the playoff games, but I wouldn't exactly call this a banner team. You can't take away from what Miami has accomplished. It's about time this division woke up.

PisnNapalm
12-29-2008, 09:12 AM
The 11-5 Pats are out of the playoffs and yet the 8-8 Chargers are in? That's fuX0rD up.

I still think it should be the top 6 teams by record in each conference that get into the playoffs.

While I am pleased that the Pats are not in the playoffs, I think it's a crappy deal when a .500 team gets in but a .688 team doesn't.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 09:20 AM
The 11-5 Pats are out of the playoffs and yet the 8-8 Chargers are in? That's fuX0rD up.

I still think it should be the top 6 teams by record in each conference that get into the playoffs.

While I am pleased that the Pats are not in the playoffs, I think it's a crappy deal when a .500 team gets in but a .688 team doesn't.

You have to look at the schedule, and strength of schedule to get a good feel for the lopsided division winner at 8-8 getting in over the 2nd seed AFC East team.

AFC East played the NFC West, total dogs, and the AFC West, 2 dogs.

The NFC East played the AFC East, 3 Good teams, one dog and the NFC South, 4 teams at .500 or better, 2 going to the playoffs.

That right there helps to explain why the AFC West winner had more losses than the AFC East 2nd place team.

Having to play Seattle, St Louis, and San Fran, and Arizona is a lot better and easier than playing Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans and Tampa Bay. This season anyway.

The Patriot
12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
You have to look at the schedule, and strength of schedule to get a good feel for the lopsided division winner at 8-8 getting in over the 2nd seed AFC East team.

AFC East played the NFC West, total dogs, and the AFC West, 2 dogs.

The NFC East played the AFC East, 3 Good teams, one dog and the NFC South, 4 teams at .500 or better, 2 going to the playoffs.

That right there helps to explain why the AFC West winner had more losses than the AFC East 2nd place team.

Having to play Seattle, St Louis, and San Fran, and Arizona is a lot better and easier than playing Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans and Tampa Bay. This season anyway.

I agree that the East records were inflated, but of the AFC East went 12-4 against the AFC West, with three of those losses coming from the Jets.

I don't think we should change the system, but it has a few flaws.

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-29-2008, 11:05 PM
All of this made more sense when you played more conference games. But now that we only do play 6 conference games, perhaps it should be re-evaluated on records rather than conference record...

Who knows, not me. . However I am certainly not crying the blues that none of the players of the over-inflated ego's from Dallas or NE are going to Miami.

HughC
12-30-2008, 11:26 AM
All of this made more sense when you played more conference games. But now that we only do play 6 conference games, perhaps it should be re-evaluated on records rather than conference record...

Who knows, not me. . However I am certainly not crying the blues that none of the players of the over-inflated ego's from Dallas or NE are going to Miami.
You lost me there; teams play 12 conference games now. Do you mean more in-conference but out of division games? Not sure what you mean by 'records rather than conference record' since won-loss record is what wins a division or wildcard spot, and conference record is only a third tiebreaker after head-to-head wins and wins against common opponents.

If playoffs are based strictly on conference records and not on division records, then divisions are meaningless. Play every team in your conference once and you lose your division rivalries; your team also gets to see teams from the NFC far less often. Keep a schedule with four NFC games, and now everybody in the AFC has a different schedule - and fans somewhere will complain about that.

The current setup is perfect - even if it does mean that once in a while an 8-8 team gets in while an 11-5 team gets left out. All 32 teams know their goal is to win their division first. As a bonus you get a second chance to make the playoffs as the first wildcard, and a third chance to make the playoffs as the sixth seed. If you don't have the best record in a four-team division, and are only the third best team of the remaining twelve teams, then you miss the playoffs - end of story.

Hats off to that team for overcoming a ton of injuries to key players and persevering to finish 11-5, but they came up short. But for anybody to lobby the NFL to change the schedule and playoffs because of the Chargers' record, that would be very short-sighted and a huge mistake in my opinion.

steelreserve
12-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Hats off to that team for overcoming a ton of injuries to key players and persevering to finish 11-5, but they came up short. But for anybody to lobby the NFL to change the schedule and playoffs because of the Chargers' record, that would be very short-sighted and a huge mistake in my opinion.

You're missing the bigger picture here. Obviously, what we need to do is get rid of those annoying playoffs and just declare the Patriots the champions. Actually, we don't even really need to play the regular season either. Just have a couple of preseason games, gawk at how good New England looks and say the Colts gave them a run for their money, then on to basketball season.

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 12:14 PM
You're missing the bigger picture here. Obviously, what we need to do is get rid of those annoying playoffs and just declare the Patriots the champions. Actually, we don't even really need to play the regular season either. Just have a couple of preseason games, gawk at how good New England looks and say the Colts gave them a run for their money, then on to basketball season.

Yep, it'll save other teams the embarrassment too. :chuckle:

steelreserve
12-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Yep, it'll save other teams the embarrassment too. :chuckle:

On a completely serious note, though, I've got to say I'm fairly disgusted at all the whining I've seen about this, especially in the media. It's not rare at all to see a team with a good record missing the playoffs because of division/conference alignment. It happens every year or two in football, it really happened last year in the NBA, it happens every time they have the World Cup, and countless other times in countless other sports.

Usually, it's just a footnote on Page 4 of the paper -- "Oh well, so-and-so missed the playoffs, but it's just unlucky and we already knew this was how it's set up, so just remember that every game really does count." But when it's the Patriots, suddenly it's "OMG, it isn't FAIR."

It's like, come on. Their season's over, so get over it and find someone else to blow.

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 01:09 PM
On a completely serious note, though, I've got to say I'm fairly disgusted at all the whining I've seen about this, especially in the media. It's not rare at all to see a team with a good record missing the playoffs because of division/conference alignment. It happens every year or two in football, it really happened last year in the NBA, it happens every time they have the World Cup, and countless other times in countless other sports.

Usually, it's just a footnote on Page 4 of the paper -- "Oh well, so-and-so missed the playoffs, but it's just unlucky and we already knew this was how it's set up, so just remember that every game really does count." But when it's the Patriots, suddenly it's "OMG, it isn't FAIR."

It's like, come on. Their season's over, so get over it and find someone else to blow.

Exactly. Teams have occasionally been getting shafted by this formula for decades now (see '85 Denver Broncos). Don't want to hear it. It isn't all of a sudden a bigger "injustice" now than it's ever been.

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 01:10 PM
i think we will see a playoff system in college b4 they change the current system of the nfl..

steelreserve
12-30-2008, 01:17 PM
i think we will see a playoff system in college b4 they change the current system of the nfl..

http://www.quoteoftheday.us/images/Hell%20frozen.jpg