PDA

View Full Version : colts, chargers, or dolphins?

PalmerSteel
12-28-2008, 10:01 PM
i know, i know. bring any of them on. we can beat any of them by 30. just curious who you will root for? i would prefer to get the florida team up to heinz, miami and welcome peezy back. then colts for our revenge game, then chargers. :tt:

Glace
12-28-2008, 10:04 PM
by my calculations, we're playing Indy first....

*had to edit that...thought we were playing baltimore*

PalmerSteel
12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
____

Glace
12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
wat? impossible, titans would get the lowest seed and that makes it impossible for us to play the ravens

Yeah, my bad, I fixed it.

Glace
12-28-2008, 10:13 PM
My AFC Playoff Prediction

Wild Card Weekend
3. Miami vs. 6 Baltimore = Baltimore
4. SD vs. 5. Indy = Indy

Divisional Round
1. Tennessee vs. 6 Baltimore = Baltimore
2. Pittsburgh vs. 5. Indy = Pittsburgh *Redemption*

Conference Championship
2. Pittsburgh vs. 6. Baltimore = Pittsburgh (smacking ratbirds for the 3rd time this season)

If the NFL is rigged, it will be Indy vs. NYG for the superbowl. The Brothers' Manning facing off against each other....be a huge story line.

Steelman16
12-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Aside from the Steelers, I'm rooting for the Dolphins to beat the Ratbirds.

Edman
12-28-2008, 10:21 PM
The Steelers won't get another shot at the Ravens until the AFC Title game.

The Steelers most likeliest Divisional Round opponent is the Dolphins or Chargers. They can only get the Colts if the Ravens beat Miami and Indy beats San Diego.

Either way, The Titans will have the tougher road to the playoffs. Not Pittsburgh.

verks36
12-28-2008, 10:26 PM
dolphins

missedgehead
12-28-2008, 10:29 PM
My AFC Playoff Prediction

Wild Card Weekend
3. Miami vs. 6 Baltimore = Baltimore
4. SD vs. 5. Indy = Indy

Divisional Round
1. Tennessee vs. 6 Baltimore = Baltimore
2. Pittsburgh vs. 5. Indy = Pittsburgh *Redemption*

Conference Championship
2. Pittsburgh vs. 6. Baltimore = Pittsburgh (smacking ratbirds for the 3rd time this season)

If the NFL is rigged, it will be Indy vs. NYG for the superbowl. The Brothers' Manning facing off against each other....be a huge story line.

From what you are saying, you are making it sound like the NFL Commissioner is Vince McMahon. :) I know the refs make some bad calls, but I hardly think the NFL is rigged. Just my opinion. If the NFL were really rigged, the Cowboys would be byed into the Super Bowl every year.

VegasStlrFan
12-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Next 3 games Indy, Ratbirds, and the Panthers. I'd love to see the fish and chargers but I do see it working out that way.

Borski
12-28-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Dolphins upset the Ravens.

X-Terminator
12-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Don't care. The Steelers can beat any of them.

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Don't care. Whoever wants to play the Steelers will beat whoever they play in WC Weekend.

PalmerSteel
12-28-2008, 11:16 PM
lol. and theres the generalizations. interesting take vegas. we were indy's 1st team they started their streak on i believe and we would end it. would love to take them out again in playoffs. would be 2nd time in 4 years.

Crushzilla
12-28-2008, 11:51 PM
It really is going to more than likely be the Colts...

... I just can't believe the Chargers are for real. The Dolphins apparently have a ridiculously good turnover ratio, but the offense seems like a gimmick.

The Colts are hot and already beat us once. Not saying they would beat the Steelers, but they are my least favorite of the bunch.

steelreserve
12-29-2008, 12:00 AM
I like our chances the best against the Dolphins out of that bunch, but like others will probably tell you, if you want to win the Super Bowl, you have to be able to beat ANY team in the league; there's no cakewalking into it. We're certainly capable of that, but man, it's got the potential to be a nerve-wracking ride.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I think the Colts are the most likely team that we will face and actually they might be playing the best of anybody right now.

Would love to see some revenge, but the coaching staff will have to pull out some of the stuff they have been hiding all season.

Galax Steeler
12-29-2008, 04:08 AM
Colts are really playing some good football right now if we face them we will have to be on our A game and not give up big playes against them.

Steelers & I
12-29-2008, 04:46 AM
I think the Colts are the most likely team that we will face and actually they might be playing the best of anybody right now.

Would love to see some revenge, but the coaching staff will have to pull out some of the stuff they have been hiding all season.

I have to believe that we'll be facing the Colts. I sure would like to see LeBeau come up with a defensive game plan for Manning similar to that of the 2005 playoff game.
The Steelers had Peyton running scared for nearly the entire game. You never know, we actually have better OLB's this season as opposed to 2005.

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 05:35 AM
I have to believe that we'll be facing the Colts. I sure would like to see LeBeau come up with a defensive game plan for Manning similar to that of the 2005 playoff game.
The Steelers had Peyton running scared for nearly the entire game. You never know, we actually have better OLB's this season as opposed to 2005.

Yeah......and no Jerome to fumble the ball. :chuckle:

Rhee Rhee
12-29-2008, 07:20 AM
As most have already stated, Indy seems like the team we'll play in the divisional playoffs...

i'm very worried as the chargers (who are playing great offense and turned around their sorry defense) could very well beat indy...

i somehow get the vibe that just like the regular season we have a VERY hard schedule the rest of the way...

Rick5895
12-29-2008, 08:25 AM
I think we will end up with Indy in the next round and then will have to travel to play the Titans.

fansince'76
12-29-2008, 08:26 AM
i somehow get the vibe that just like the regular season we have a VERY hard schedule the rest of the way...

Yeah, that's kinda the idea behind the playoffs.

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 08:34 AM
While I'd much prefer to play the Dolphs or Chargers, I just have a gut feeling we're going to be playing the Colts. If that transpires, I hope the team watches a replay of the 2005 playoff game where the Steelers D made Peytoon their bitch! I strongly believe this D is even better, so Peytoon - get out your kleenexes - you're gonna need 'em :tt02:

fansince'76
12-29-2008, 08:36 AM
While I'd much prefer to play the Dolphs or Chargers, I just have a gut feeling we're going to be playing the Colts. If that transpires, I hope the team watches a replay of the 2005 playoff game where the Steelers D made Peytoon their bitch! I strongly believe this D is even better, so Peytoon - get out your kleenexes - you're gonna need 'em :tt02:

Or just duplicate our game plan from the game against them earlier this year without the turnovers. We were beginning to hand them their asses until we started to shoot ourselves in the foot.

stlrz fan
12-29-2008, 08:40 AM
The Colts are strong but the Steelers Defense really disrupts Peyton Manning. We were in it with them last game until the end and i think that we would be fine. If you ask Peyton Manning who he doesn't want to play in the playoffs I am sure thSteelers are at the top of his list.

DACEB
12-29-2008, 08:59 AM

Like the 'wildcat' and 'pony backfield'!!

jjpro11
12-29-2008, 09:18 AM
im going to go ahead and say it.. i think the chargers will beat the colts. too many people are riding the colts hype train, meanwhile the chargers are just as hot, and are much more well-rounded. both teams have kind of had an easy ride during their winning streaks when you look at the opponents.. but it just seems like the colts struggled their way to this streak and are long overdue for a loss.

-the colts barely beat the pats..
-shouldnt have beaten us.
-barely beat houston with sage rosenfels handing them the game
-last second field goal beat the chargers
-would have lost to the browns if not for anderson fumbling the game away
-beat up the bengals
-detroit took them to the 4th quarter tied
-came from behind and nudged the jags
-shut out the titans with second stringers

the chargers dont look much more impressive though.. but i think they are just better fit to beat the colts. both teams are very overrated imo.