PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Ben Haters!

T.Richardson
12-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Here are three QB's who were considered "better" than Ben in there most important games this season and are going to be watching the playoffs.

Romo: 21/39 183 yards 1 int, and 2 lost fumbles. 3 total turnovers.
Favre: 20/40 233 yards 3 ints. 3 total turnovers.
Cutler: 33/49 316 yards 2 ints. 2 total turnovers.

Yet, some Ben haters will give them passes because they dont have a good defense or they lost some key players to injuries, blah blah blah. Yet, they constantly bash Ben, and continue to say he is mediocre. Ben fumbles or throws a pick, and he is the worst player. Romo, Favre, and Cutler dont get the same criticism, and if most of you Ben haters dont acknowledge this, then you all are hypocrites. You guys dont know what you have until its gone. Pittsburgh is lucky to have Ben.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Don't confuse them with numbers. The numbers only work in their favor, not against them.

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 08:07 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd rather have Big Ben as our QB than ANY other QB playing in the NFL right now. Period.

LambertIsGod58
12-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Don't confuse them with numbers. The numbers only work in their favor, not against them.

Again, you love Ben for how he laces his shoes. The numbers work in our favor b/c it's your LOVE for him that makes him what he is to YOU. I've never said he's the worst QB. All I've been trying to say, banging my head against the wall, is that he's not as great as you all make him out to be. And it's so tiresome to hear how Ben won this game or games. Granted it was Cleveland, but did you see how our offense played without Ben. Didn't seem to miss a beat with a reject from Jacksonville and Atlanta.

But don't put too much stock into anything I've had to say. I know that I'm not a TRUE Steelers fan since I'm not as big a fan of Ben as you are.:coffee:

Rick5895
12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Again, you love Ben for how he laces his shoes. The numbers work in our favor b/c it's your LOVE for him that makes him what he is to YOU. I've never said he's the worst QB. All I've been trying to say, banging my head against the wall, is that he's not as great as you all make him out to be. And it's so tiresome to hear how Ben won this game or games. Granted it was Cleveland, but did you see how our offense played without Ben. Didn't seem to miss a beat with a reject from Jacksonville and Atlanta.

But don't put too much stock into anything I've had to say. I know that I'm not a TRUE Steelers fan since I'm not as big a fan of Ben as you are.:coffee:

I am sure you would rather have Romo, as you've said before, because he just wins games, lol.
We wouldn't have gotten to the Superbowl with out Ben in 2005 and he made plays in SBXL that helped us win. Can you say the same for your hero, Romo, I think not.

LambertIsGod58
12-29-2008, 09:50 AM
I am sure you would rather have Romo, as you've said before, because he just wins games, lol.
We wouldn't have gotten to the Superbowl with out Ben in 2005 and he made plays in SBXL that helped us win. Can you say the same for your hero, Romo, I think not.

Hey Rick, show me where I said I like Romo b/c he wins games? Didn't say it, didn't happen. So please use FACT if you're gonna put words in my mouth. I'd also remind you getting to and winning the SB are two entirely different things. O'Donnell got us there too. And Ben didn't play any better than O'Donnell did, lol.

LambertIsGod58
12-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Here are three QB's who were considered "better" than Ben in there most important games this season and are going to be watching the playoffs.

Yet, some Ben haters will give them passes because they dont have a good defense or they lost some key players to injuries, blah blah blah. Yet, they constantly bash Ben, and continue to say he is mediocre. Ben fumbles or throws a pick, and he is the worst player. Romo, Favre, and Cutler dont get the same criticism, and if most of you Ben haters dont acknowledge this, then you all are hypocrites. You guys dont know what you have until its gone. Pittsburgh is lucky to have Ben.

Cutler 27 TDs 20 TOs 86.0 QB rating
Favre 23 TDs 24 TOs 81.0 QB rating
Romo 26 TDs 21 TOs 91.0 QB rating

Ben 19 TDs 22 TOs 80.1 QB rating

Ben has a worse QB rating including TO ratio.....but insert pass here ___________.:coffee:

Steeldude
12-29-2008, 10:37 AM

uh, i am not a BR hater, but the titans' game was the most important game for the steelers this year because it would have given them homefield advantage.

BR - 26/40, 331 yds, 2 INTs, 4 fumbles/2 lost, 4 TOs in total

this is not posted to say BR is horrible(because he isn't) or should be benched or is not worthy of being the steelers' starting QB for the seasons to come.

but if romo, favre or cutler were the steelers' QB you would be making a biased post about them. which is fine. i am all for people posting pretty much whatever they want. we are all biased at times :smile: also, your post isn't baseless.

however, did you know BR is tied for the NFL lead in fumbles lost(7), 1st in total fumbles(14), 2nd in total TOs(22) and 4th in INTs?

do i want BR benched or another QB brought in next to compete? no. the reason is because i realize it's not all BR's fault. the steelers' O-line has been falling apart since 2003. BR, at times, only has a second to look up field before he is dodging defenders in the backfield, but some of those sacks are BR's fault. he tends to leave the pocket early, holds the ball too long and doesn't survey the field very well at times. i am concerned about BR's growth as a QB.

BR will be the starter in the post-season and 2009, as well he should be. :drink:

GodofGridiron
12-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd rather have Big Ben as our QB than ANY other QB playing in the NFL right now. Period.

Thats because you suffer from serious Homerism. While im happy Ben is the QB for this team, i wouldnt frown on Peyton Manning takin snaps for this team, i like Philip Rivers toughness..........Drew Brees......these guys have taken their games to another level. If you say you wouldnt want either of those guys, then you've proven your a homer.

fansince'76
12-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Thats because you suffer from serious Homerism. While im happy Ben is the QB for this team, i wouldnt frown on Peyton Manning takin snaps for this team, i like Philip Rivers toughness..........Drew Brees......these guys have taken their games to another level. If you say you wouldnt want either of those guys, then you've proven your a homer.

Hypocrisy much? I've read more than one post of yours bellyaching about people being called out for criticizing Ben and then you call someone else a homer for expressing their opinion? Time to step down off that high horse.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 12:33 PM
I'd take Drew over Philip, I think SD made a mistake going the other route on that deal.

But I support our QB. His name is Ben and there is no question he's the best we've had under center in over 20 years. That's what matters to me. He's won many big games, doesn't choke out in big spots. His bad games are collectively bad all game long. It isn't often you see him in a "must drive" spot late in a game only to choke, by fumbling, throwing a pick, (favre, romo, Brees twice this year) He steps up when the game is on the line and makes plays. That's more than we ever got out of Kordell, Tommy, Neil, Bubby, Mike or any other guy to take snaps under center.

stlrtruck
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM

Then call me HOMER!!!

We've seen what happens when Manning doesn't get protection. He whines and cries about it for weeks - if not months!
While Philip Rivers has been on fire lately, I don't consider him to be a tough QB. I'd like to see what he could do with half the line he has now - my bet is not much.
As for Brees, I'd consider him the next best option for the Steelers offense but when it comes down to it BIG BEN fits the iconic mold of a Steelers player and a Steelers QB!

And if you think that Ben hasn't taken his game to the next level then you have obviously been watching a different season. While he hasn't had his most productive season (yes stats to some are obviously more important for fantasy football than the football played on the field), he has been the reason we've been in the tough games and won a few of them in spite of his offensive line. And I'll admit, having the #1 defense has helped him but put any of your choosen few back there and see how many of those games we win!! I'm willing to bet we wouldn't be the #2 seed.

Rick5895
12-29-2008, 12:49 PM
The difference between Ben and all those others is he is a football player, and will do whatever it takes to win games, whether that be by making a block or a tackle, I don't see those other guys doing that!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 01:16 PM
however, did you know BR is tied for the NFL lead in fumbles lost(7), 1st in total fumbles(14), 2nd in total TOs(22) and 4th in INTs?

he tends to leave the pocket early, holds the ball too long and doesn't survey the field very well at times. i am concerned about BR's growth as a QB.

BR will be the starter in the post-season and 2009, as well he should be. :drink:

All very true observations. I keep telling myself that Ben only played one year of highschool QB and 3 at Miami (OH) before the NFL, so is still developing. I keep hoping that a great QB coach like Ken Anderson will help his development, but dont know if that will happen.

Maybe when his athletic skills diminsh a bit more and he takes a few more beatings he will start considering it time to focus more on reading defenses, throwing it away or securing the football when taking the sack. Still love watching the guy play.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Dude the 2nd ravens game was the most important. Just winning the division and being guaranteed a spot in the playoffs was way more important than being the #1 seed. Anyone want to remind me how many number 1 seeds have won the superbowl in the last 8 years?

Very Good points...also taking into consideration that all but two of the AFC playoff teams have a 6-2, or better, record on the road.....homefield advantage does lose some of its edge.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 01:27 PM
What is the exact stat on homefield advantage in championship games??

I thought I heard Phil Simms say something like its 50/50 in the past 10 years or so.??

LambertIsGod58
12-29-2008, 03:50 PM

No, I can't. But I can about Trent Dilfer. :noidea:

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 04:10 PM

And you, sir, suffer from Ignorantitis. If supporting the team I love and its QB, who gives this team it's best shot to win, is being a "homer" I'll proudly wear that title. :coffee: In fact, I'll go one further. I've also been accused of being a cheerleader, so now I'm a cheerleading homer. :cheer: :banana:

Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers - out of those 3 - how many have a Super Bowl ring? :scratchchin: One and how many seasons did it take him to get it?

SteelMember
12-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Competitiveness and toughness... two things I definately admire about Ben. I would just like him to trust his instincts more and pull the trigger on his passes. He needs to relax, and let it fly. All the outside "pressure", in both sences of the word, are affecting his game.

Like that speech you had to give in front of the class for the first time. You have thought out and practiced exactly five minutes of material to read, but when the time comes, your so nervous that you've just sped throught it in only a minute and a half. This may not have been the metaphor I was hoping for, but maybe you get the jist.

fansince'76
12-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers - out of those 3 - how many have a Super Bowl ring? :scratchchin: One and how many seasons did it take him to get it?

P. Manning behind this OL = IR by week 5, especially against some of the defenses this team has faced this year.

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 04:21 PM
P. Manning behind this OL = IR by week 5, especially against some of the defenses this team has faced this year.

Sssshhhhhh - lest you'll be accused of being a Kool-Aid drinkin' homer like me! :chuckle:

http://duanestorey.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/kool-aidman_t.png

fansince'76
12-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Sssshhhhhh - lest you'll be accused of being a Kool-Aid drinkin' homer like me! :chuckle:

Nope, just the facts, ma'am. Manning is a statue that would get killed behind this OL.

SteelMember
12-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Nope, just the facts, ma'am. Manning is a statue that would get killed behind this OL.

But the numbers, just look at the numbers. :chuckle:

Like Monty Python...."LOOK AT THE BONES, MAN."

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 04:34 PM

MMM...I like Kool Aid

LambertIsGod58
12-29-2008, 04:36 PM
And you, sir, suffer from Ignorantitis. If supporting the team I love and its QB, who gives this team it's best shot to win, is being a "homer" I'll proudly wear that title. :coffee: In fact, I'll go one further. I've also been accused of being a cheerleader, so now I'm a cheerleading homer. :cheer: :banana:

How many seasons did it take Trent Dilfer in Baltimore?

SteelMember
12-29-2008, 04:40 PM
How many seasons did it take Trent Dilfer in Baltimore?

2 teams and 7 years later. :noidea: That's if you count Tampa as a team back then. :chuckle:

LambertIsGod58
12-29-2008, 04:53 PM
2 teams and 7 years later. :noidea: That's if you count Tampa as a team back then. :chuckle:

If you read my post, you'd see IN BALTIMORE. It took him one year. But I'm glad you brought it up.

2000: Baltimore 22nd ranked passing game, 5th ranked rushing game and 2nd ranked defense

2005: Pittsburgh 24th ranked passing game, 5th ranked rushing game and 4th ranked defense

Ben is no more responsible for getting us that title than Dilfer is for getting Baltimore's IMO. And I would also care to get Tenneesee's rankings are also similar.

SteelMember
12-29-2008, 04:58 PM
If you read my post, you'd see IN BALTIMORE. It took him one year. But I'm glad you brought it up.

2000: Baltimore 22nd ranked passing game, 5th ranked rushing game and 2nd ranked defense

2005: Pittsburgh 24th ranked passing game, 5th ranked rushing game and 4th ranked defense

Ben is no more responsible for getting us that title than Dilfer is for getting Baltimore's IMO. And I would also care to get Tenneesee's rankings are also similar.

Well, seeing that the previous post to yours was alluding to peyton manning, and he only played for one team his entire career, I thought it was only fair to give career stats.

Lighten up Francis.

BigBrian7
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Here's the deal. Ben is our quarterback either cheer for him or go find a new team. Leftwich is a good back up just like batch was, however if he is a starter then why did he lose his job to david garrard in jacksonville and then get beat out by joey harrington in atlanta. There is no way he should start over ben unless ben's concussion is a problem. If the offensive line opens up whole for the running game like they did yesterday are offense will not have the problems we had all year.

steel striker
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
The call me a homer too because, some people around here forget all the last minute drives Ben has made this year. Ben has been running for his life for the last three years and, the sad fact is if our oline does not get better Ben won't last very long. I mean the even the great qb's made mistakes turnovers it is part of the game.

Yet alot of people don't know how good we have with Ben at the helm. All they see are the turnover stats but, alot of them don't see the bottom line and that is the W's. Winning is the only stat that counts and, some of you will never understand that. So to the Ben haters you can have Rivers, Romo, Favre ect I would not trade Ben for any other qb in the league espically with our oline. lol Do some of remember the qb's before we got Ben? Let me say this watching from the 80's -2003 it was pretty bad I could through the names but, I won't. Be thankful for who we have at the helm and his name is Big Ben.

Ricco Suavez
12-29-2008, 05:38 PM

Man you have a selective memory. All you want to do is harp about Ben did not do anything yet you pooh,pooh his play in the three road playoff games to get to the Suberbowl. We got hammered by the Colts early in the season, yet Ben came out and aired it out early then Cowher went into the freeze and nearly lost it for us.Denver made Brady look bad and then Ben goes in and plays a great game. We had to win out in the regular season just to make the wildcard, and Ben played his part. Now I am not saying Ben took us on his shoulders and won all these games, but even you will have to admit he had no small part.

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Let me say this watching from the 80's -2003 it was pretty bad I could through the names but, I won't. Be thankful for who we have at the helm and his name is Big Ben.

What a great post striker! :drink::applaudit::hatsoff: You nailed it.

Most of these Ben bashers are spoiled little brats (YES - YOU ARE!) who have ridden the upward tide of the 90's Cowher era teams (and now Tomlin era) and have not a clue how bad the 80's were for the Steelers and especially their QB's, other than to read about those awful seasons here on this board. As has been said on this board by numerous other posters - Steelers fans are very hard on their teams, especially their QB's, and demand perfection each and every season which is ludicrous and totally unrealistic. Don't know what they're smokin' but I sure as hell don't want any of it.

I'm damned thankful that we have Ben behind center and hope to see him leading our team to many more successful seasons in the seasons to come! :tt03:

Signed,
The Homer Cheerleader! YAY! (lol).....:cheer:

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 06:38 PM

If you look back at the stats from the super bowl, Ben did NOTHING, randle el threw a td and willie broke a big run, Ben did absolutely nothing and if im not mistaken his qb rating was below 50 in that game.

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Ben was forced to start as a rookie and we won 15 games. I believe that he was the youngest QB to Win a SB, at lest one of. He had a rough year and bad stats the year he damn near killed himself, and then had major surgery just before the season started.

This offense has had problems this year for several reasons, and yet if you think back just 2 games before the Titans game Ben lead game winning drives in the last couple of minutes.

Now you can hate him if you want to, but the fact is that there are several teams that would just love to get their hands on him. We really should appreciate what we have.

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 06:44 PM
If you look back at the stats from the super bowl, Ben did NOTHING, randle el threw a td and willie broke a big run, Ben did absolutely nothing and if im not mistaken his qb rating was below 50 in that game.

Its funny that you think that the position that many, if not most, people think is the most inportant position on the team did nothing in a SB win.

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 06:45 PM
ben is a good QB, but as everyone stands behind him and wants to bring up the last minute drives which is great and i was cheering him on but there is no excuse for as many turnovers as he makes, i can remember 2 or 3 games where he had 4 or more turnovers himself one game he had 6 turnovers and against the titans i know he only lost 2 fumbles but he fumbled 4 times and 2 int's for 6 turnovers, I love ben but i will tell you one thing, HE IS NOT IN THE TOP 5 in the nfl. He makes too many costly mistakes as well as makes alot of good plays.

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 06:46 PM
LOOK at the stats from the superbowl, i dont think he even had 100 yards passing and i know he had 2 ints.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 06:48 PM

You really should re-watch the end of that game before you make broad strokes like that. I would tell you exactly what he did, but you will learn more if you watch it yourself.

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 06:54 PM
LOOK at the stats from the superbowl, i dont think he even had 100 yards passing and i know he had 2 ints.

Its a good thing they don't look and the stats when they hand out the SB rings

Romo had very good stats this year, by the way you catch him at home right now.

Stang909
12-29-2008, 06:55 PM

how can you say a rushing td is absolutely nothing?

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 06:56 PM

Nothing but score a TD with his own two legs. :coffee:

Who gives a rat's patootie what his QB rating was? He led the winning drive down the field and Randle El threw that beauty of a pass to Hines.

Stang909
12-29-2008, 06:58 PM

123 yards passing and 25 yards rushing, not great but give him a little more credit

jstethem12
I watched it HE DID NOTHING. We were playing the Seahwaks for gods sake.

Texasteel
ben is a good QB, but as everyone stands behind him and wants to bring up the last minute drives which is great and i was cheering him on but there is no excuse for as many turnovers as he makes, i can remember 2 or 3 games where he had 4 or more turnovers himself one game he had 6 turnovers and against the titans i know he only lost 2 fumbles but he fumbled 4 times and 2 int's for 6 turnovers, I love ben but i will tell you one thing, HE IS NOT IN THE TOP 5 in the nfl. He makes too many costly mistakes as well as makes alot of good plays.

I heard all this before about another Steeler QB. If you can remember the 70s you might know who I am talking about.

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 07:02 PM

What has who we were playing got to do with the fact that we scored a TD and kept the game under control.

Stang909
12-29-2008, 07:03 PM

they were only the best team in the nfc at that point but i guess that doesnt matter does it

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:04 PM

You obviously didn't watch that game or were too pickled to remember how the game played out.

BOO BIRD.

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I heard all this before about another Steeler QB. If you can remember the 70s you might know who I am talking about.

i wasnt even born in the 70's

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 07:06 PM

No shit.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:06 PM

Yeah the OTHER Super Bowl participant. Do you actually think the NFL held a lottery for the NFC that year? Do you realize that the Seahawks had the highest rated offense that year? And if you really re-watched it as you claim to have then there is no way you can honestly say what your saying. How many TD's did Ben score? We all know that answer and so do you. He scored one with his legs, therefore he did do SOMETHING!

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Didn't Ben make a crucial block in that trick Randel-El to Hines play?

I'd like to see Rosie Palmer or Tom Brady do that.

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 07:08 PM
LOL, You guys are hilarious.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:08 PM

DING DING DING..We now know the problem folks.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:09 PM

Please answer my questions young padawan.

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 07:09 PM

Little kids always think the big people are funny.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Little kids always think the big people are funny.

:chuckle: Here Sue. Enjoy a drink on me. :drink:

cubanstogie
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
let me guess, last year Garrard was better, this year Rivers better, next year Romo might be your flavor of choice. Do you see where I am going with this kid. I am sure Hassleback was better in 2005. Bens stats are down this year, oh except the win stat. I will take 12 every year with him.

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
:chuckle: Here Sue. Enjoy a drink on me. :drink:

:tt03:

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 07:13 PM
LOL LOL LOL, bring em on, i stated the facts, if you cant handle the truth then shut up and get off here i wasnt bad mouthing ben i was stating the facts, he didnt have a good game and had our defense been mediocore we would have LOST Guranateed because ben did nothing to Win the game all he did is not loose it.

Stang909
12-29-2008, 07:14 PM

the only thing funny about this thread is that 43hitman just spelled Ben's name been, oh and the fact that people are hating on the best thing to happen to this franchise since since we won the 4th Super Bowl

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:16 PM
LOL LOL LOL, bring em on, i stated the facts, if you cant handle the truth then shut up and get off here i wasnt bad mouthing ben i was stating the facts, he didnt have a good game and had our defense been mediocore we would have LOST Guranateed because ben did nothing to Win the game all he did is not loose it.

But you didn't answer my questions....And what does "not loose it" mean?

stillers4me

That's some awesome facts there.

Punctuation marks and spell check are your friends.

43Hitman
the only thing funny about this thread is that 43hitman just spelled Ben's name been, oh and the fact that people are hating on the best thing to happen to this franchise since since we won the 4th Super Bowl

LOL. BUSTED!

Stang909
12-29-2008, 07:17 PM

not lose it means he won us a Super Bowl!:tt02:

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:19 PM
not loose it means he won us a Super Bowl!:tt02:

:toofunny::rofl:

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:20 PM
That's some awesome facts there.

Punctuation marks and spell check are your friends.

LOL LOL LOL. :laughing:

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 07:20 PM

He just played well enough to not loose, when you have a great defense you dont have to play good at QB just decent. If hes so great where's our offense ranked in the NFL, 22nd or 23rd if im not mistaken.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 07:24 PM

Problem is, you don't know the difference between the stats and the game. You've been watching ESPN way to long.

A good QB will not always make good plays, and he will make mistake. A good QB will be good when he needs to be, and Ben was. You do not win a SB with a bad QB.

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:24 PM

Then you lied when you registered.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/021230/182732__pinocchio_l.jpg

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 07:25 PM
"they need to start wining some game and they can no lose any more games."

Pimply Dan, Dec. 15, 2005
The Immaculate Perception

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 07:26 PM
OK i am sorry your right as always your opinion is the only one that matters, hey i got an idea why dont you apply for one of the head coaching jobs that just opened up.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:26 PM
He just played well enough to not loose, when you have a great defense you dont have to play good at QB just decent. If hes so great where's our offense ranked in the NFL, 22nd or 23rd if im not mistaken.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that an answer to my questions? And just so you know, it's spelled LOSE, as in not to lose the game. Loose is used in this fashion. I turned the animal I trapped loose.

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 07:30 PM
OK i am sorry your right as always your opinion is the only one that matters, hey i got an idea why dont you apply for one of the head coaching jobs that just opened up.

That comment shows your youth, and the fact that you have given up on this discussion.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:31 PM

So this is how you respond to a challenge after an absolutely absurd statement? Whether you want to believe it or not, Ben(I spelled it right that time Stang909) did have something to do with our 5th championship. Was it his best performance ever? No. But did he do what was necessary to win the game? Hell yes.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:32 PM
LOL who gives a shit its not english class. get a life retard.

You don't have to insult someone when your being taught something. Learn and become a more informed fan, young one.

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:32 PM

And why don't you try out for the Steelers starting QB position? Hell - maybe you could throw for 800 yards and 12 TD's in the Super Bowl.

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 07:33 PM
no not really just dont have time to deal with MORONS who think they are always right and wont admit when Ben has lost a game for us, because he haS SINGLE HANDLY LOST alot of them for us. Atleast Ben will admit it on ESPN. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:34 PM
So kid - do you want to explain why you fibbed when you registered? It's a simple question.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Is that an answer to my questions? And just so you know, it's spelled LOSE, as in not to lose the game. Loose is used in this fashion. I turned the animal I trapped loose.

I saw Ben loose one at the Superbowl....no....wait....that was Janet Jackson....my bad, carry on.

jstethem12
couldn't do any worse than Ben does sometimes. I sure as heck wouldnt turn the ball over 6 times a game.

HometownGal
Hmmmmm - there are 5 guests reading this thread. Me thinks this one is a plant.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:37 PM
no not really just dont have time to deal with MORONS who think they are always right and wont admit when Ben has lost a game for us, because he haS SINGLE HANDLY LOST alot of them for us. Atleast Ben will admit it on ESPN. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

We were talking about the Superbowl not whether or not Ben has lost us a game. Cause he has lost us a game or two. But how many has he won us? Seriously, you don't have to insult us. It will only get you a ticket out of this forum, and I don't think you want that. It's okay to be passionate about your opinions, you just don't have to resort to insults to express that passion.:coffee:

lamberts-lost-tooth
So kid - do you want to explain why you fibbed when you registered? It's a simple question.

I see this one coming.....10.....9.....8.....7......6.....

Texasteel

Isn't that what you are doing now. We have a difference of oppinion. When you grow up you will understand better.

HometownGal
couldn't do any worse than Ben does sometimes. I sure as heck wouldnt turn the ball over 6 times a game.

No - you'd probably turn it over 20 times because you obviously couldn't understand the play calls. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

jstethem12
i was born it 77 so by the time i could remember anything it was in the 80's and oh yeah its none of you business.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Hmmmmm - there are 5 guests reading this thread. Me thinks this one is a plant.

The range is NOT clear....The range is NOT clear....5....4....3....

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM

No, more likely 16 time.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
i was born it 77 so by the time i could remember anything it was in the 80's and oh yeah its none of you business.

(pssssst.....let me help you on this one...1977 WAS in the 70's)

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:40 PM

Is that so? We DO have a major difference of opinion here.

And counting down . . . 4, 3, 2 . . . . .

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:40 PM

But you said you weren't born in the 70's.

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 07:41 PM
FIRE!

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:42 PM
FIRE!

You forgot the 1 silly! :chuckle::chuckle:

jstethem12
12-29-2008, 07:43 PM
boy this thread is totally off the topic, oh well anyways i am glad you guys are more worried about my age and when i was born than how we are gonna win a playoff game with our horrible offense. peacde out. Im glad that chick can count also 3-2-1 out

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:43 PM
We were talking about the Superbowl not whether or not Ben has lost us a game. Cause he has lost us a game or two. But how many has he won us? Seriously, you don't have to insult us. It will only get you a ticket out of this forum, and I don't think you want that. It's okay to be passionate about your opinions, you just don't have to resort to insults to express that passion.:coffee:

I quoted myself here cause this thread is moving really fast. I am giving you sound advice here jstethmen12. Please take it.

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 07:45 PM
boy this thread is totally off the topic, oh well anyways i am glad you guys are more worried about my age and when i was born than how we are gonna win a playoff game with our horrible offense. peacde out. Im glad that chick can count also 3-2-1 out

If you are talking about one our many young ladies, I would thank you to be more respectful, or did mommy forget to teach you that.

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:46 PM

You're the one who fibbed, not us. Again - you said you weren't born in the 70's.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-29-2008, 07:47 PM

peacde?:tap:

peacde?:huh:

peacde?:hunch:

stillers4me
12-29-2008, 07:47 PM

spell check :drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-29-2008, 07:48 PM
You're the one who fibbed, not us. Again - you said you weren't born in the 70's.

LOL...quit being so mean..............................."chick".

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 07:49 PM
LOL...quit being so mean..............................."chick".

I break with thee, I break with thee, I break with thee. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Texasteel
12-29-2008, 07:49 PM

Don't look at me. I can't read what I spell.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:50 PM
He is just angry now. And is probably lurking to see what else is said about him. I wish when one of the younger fans gets challenged, they would be a bit more humble and actually try and learn something, instead of doing their best Custer impersonation.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-29-2008, 07:52 PM
I break with thee, I break with thee, I break with thee. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

You cant get away THAT easy!!!!!:whip:

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 07:53 PM
You cant get away THAT easy!!!!!:whip:

We need an easy button. "That was Easy":chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
12-29-2008, 08:08 PM

A. we have tried to play with a so so QB for oh god since '83 hasnt worked out for us!

Nighthawk
12-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Well me personally, I don't hate ben, I like him as our QB - but sometimes when i read posts that seemingly push him down my throat as the reason why we won I must admit I get annoyed because when I see stuff like that I feel it's almost like it takes away from our defense. We'd be no where without our defense this year... period. Without them keeping the games so close with their record book effort I don't think we would have been in half the games we won closely down the stretch when Ben had a chance to work his heroics... That said it's not his fault - injuries piled up @ RB, our O-line sometimes never went to "how to hold 101" (Sweed needs to take that class too), and some other issues.. So Ben did the best he could possibly do - but I still say our D won us all our games this year...

cubanstogie
12-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Well me personally, I don't hate ben, I like him as our QB - but sometimes when i read posts that seemingly push him down my throat as the reason why we won I must admit I get annoyed because when I see stuff like that I feel it's almost like it takes away from our defense. We'd be no where without our defense this year... period. Without them keeping the games so close with their record book effort I don't think we would have been in half the games we won closely down the stretch when Ben had a chance to work his heroics... That said it's not his fault - injuries piled up @ RB, our O-line sometimes never went to "how to hold 101" (Sweed needs to take that class too), and some other issues.. So Ben did the best he could possibly do - but I still say our D won us all our games this year...

Thats why it is a team game and I usually don't get into who is better like Brady vs Manning or whatever. People always come up with but but but he would play better in a different scheme with a better line better receivers whatever the case may be. Our D is the best but we still need 5 or 6 comeback wins from Ben and company or it would be a moot point.There is no arguing our D is carrying the load so far though. As long as the wins pile up I don't care who gets the credit, one of these days the offense will carry the load. The older I get the less I care about individuals. Silverback is phenominal but would he be as effective without Woodley? LT has been the best RB for years but since Lorenzo Neal gone he is no where near the back he was. Coincidence, maybe. Bottom line Ben has been winning, and gives us an opportunity every time he laces them up, he also gives us some unwanted excitement. I take the good with the bad, and hopefully as a veteran he understands how important it is to protect ball in playoffs. Which if we as fans do he must certainly does.

Makaveli
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Again,....."12-4 and bounced from the playoffs because of his(Roethlisberger's) picks."
There is nothing left to "debate' ,....only actual production or lack thereof.

I'am not a Ben "hater". In fact,... i congratulate him for being able to play football at the pro level as a QB when in fact he is but merely a glorified high school basketball player whom just so happens to" fit the bill" for rust belt/western PA "everyman" people to "relate" to.

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 09:08 PM
since ben has become our qb we have not had any losing season's yet.. and all but 1 had 10 or more wins.. i say he doing pretty good

T.Richardson
12-29-2008, 11:45 PM
...I cant believe some of the fans the steelers have...

GodofGridiron
12-30-2008, 12:21 AM

Okay so let me see if i can feel this one out. Ben is our saviour, the messianic one who keeps this ship called the Steelers afloat.And without him we are nothing..... Not one mention about the Defense whom in my opinion deserves just as much credit for this teams success.

Tell me something............if this defensive unit were as porous as, say, the Arizona Cardinals or the Broncos, how successful would those last minute drives be ? My logic suggests we wouldnt be in most of these games now would we ? You can pimp Mr Rothlisberger all ya want but im tipping my hat to this CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL DEFENSE. NO Defense no number two seed. Its a testament to this defense that we were even in those games we lost (PHI, NYG, INDY and TN where Ben threw a combined 3 TD's with 10 INTS)

Some often point to the offensive line being the problem and a detriment to Ben's ascension. But if a quarterback has time to pump fake, sometimes even twice then it leads one to believe theres time provided to go thru reads and progressions. Yesterday i saw Byron given time to throw........ive seen it in the Redskins contest. Perhaps Byron does a quicker read and react ?

But go ahead....stay your course......one man, bigger than team........tis all about Ben. Defense be damned. I see where some of your heads are.

Go Steelers............

stillers4me
12-30-2008, 07:01 AM
But go ahead....stay your course......one man, bigger than team........tis all about Ben. Defense be damned. I see where some of your heads are.

I have no idea how anyone can read this forum and come to that conclusion. :doh:

A team is more than one person and more than the defense alone.

The man simply does not deserved what is dished out on a daily basis here. What some of YOU deserve is Ben sidelined for a year (god forbid), and then see how far even a #1 defense can take us alone, We would see how far this O line would get without him for game after game. It would serve you right.

markymarc
12-30-2008, 07:43 AM
There is only 1 stat that matters to me.........51 wins. Of course the defense helps the team win, but Ben and the offense still has to make plays each game.

stlrtruck
12-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Okay so let me see if i can feel this one out. Ben is our saviour, the messianic one who keeps this ship called the Steelers afloat.And without him we are nothing..... Not one mention about the Defense whom in my opinion deserves just as much credit for this teams success.

Tell me something............if this defensive unit were as porous as, say, the Arizona Cardinals or the Broncos, how successful would those last minute drives be ? My logic suggests we wouldnt be in most of these games now would we ? You can pimp Mr Rothlisberger all ya want but im tipping my hat to this CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL DEFENSE. NO Defense no number two seed. Its a testament to this defense that we were even in those games we lost (PHI, NYG, INDY and TN where Ben threw a combined 3 TD's with 10 INTS)

Some often point to the offensive line being the problem and a detriment to Ben's ascension. But if a quarterback has time to pump fake, sometimes even twice then it leads one to believe theres time provided to go thru reads and progressions. Yesterday i saw Byron given time to throw........ive seen it in the Redskins contest. Perhaps Byron does a quicker read and react ?

Go Steelers............

So in retrospect what you're saying is this is a TEAM EFFORT?

Without the DEFENSE, Ben's abilties are useless (I agree with that 100%)
Without Ben, the Defense's efforts are wasted
And without a starter as a backup, everything is useless and wasted

Does that sound about right? (And no, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I was attempting to minimize the post to a few points that I read)

SteelMember
12-30-2008, 08:16 AM
You can pimp Mr Rothlisberger all ya want but im tipping my hat to this CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL DEFENSE. NO Defense no number two seed. Its a testament to this defense that we were even in those games we lost (PHI, NYG, INDY and TN where Ben threw a combined 3 TD's with 10 INTS)

Oh, How blessed are we to have someone who can gleen information with such clarity. You could at least read the thread in it's entieity before making such a claim.

How does "Ben did Nothing" = Facts??

and how does arguing that equal "pimping"?

Peacde out.

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 08:43 AM

Don't get me started . . . . :banging:

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 08:54 AM

What, you think the feud Bradshaw carried against the city and the team's fanbase for about 20 years after he retired was baseless?

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 09:49 AM
:popcorn:

ppl won't be happy until ben can throw the ball and run down the field and catch it himself.. and then go out and play def

stlrtruck
12-30-2008, 10:44 AM

ppl won't be happy until ben can throw the ball and run down the field and catch it himself.. and then go out and play def

I don't think that's true. I think they'd give him a pass on playing defense. However, I think they would require him to play Special Teams or at least return punts or kickoffs. :toofunny: :rofl:

LambertIsGod58
12-30-2008, 10:50 AM

After reading alot of these posts on here for the last month or so, people act as if he already does.

43Hitman
12-30-2008, 10:55 AM

Go Steelers............

You really should read the thread before you make claims for me. I was arguing the statement that Ben did NOTHING in the Superbowl. That is all.:doh:

MACH1
12-30-2008, 10:56 AM
After reading alot of these posts on here for the last month or so, people act as if he already does.

:yawn:

GodofGridiron
12-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Hypocrisy much? I've read more than one post of yours bellyaching about people being called out for criticizing Ben and then you call someone else a homer for expressing their opinion? Time to step down off that high horse.

Because it IS homerism. You can dress it up how you want, but underneath all that makeup and eyeshadow of a statement is homerism on her part. YOu mean to tell me she can base something in fact about Bens numbers compared to Brees' numbers ? 38 TD's compared to 17 TD's ? Of course Drew's squad failed to make postseason but whats remarkable about what he's done is the fact that he's done it on a team with poor defense, hes done it minus his top two receivers (Colston and Shockey) for a significant part of the season not to mention having to make do without the services of Bush for several other games. Theres something to be said about league MVP discussions of certain players like Manning and Brees. Ever wonder why Ben's not mentioned ? Now im sure theres a followup on deck about the dread Oline......i hear it comin miles away. But think on this for a second. Matt Cassel has been sack just as many times in NE but his QB rating is higher.....his completion pctg is higher and even I would deem him a much lesser talent than Ben. Cassel is a CAREER backup (collegiate and professional).

But of course im gonna speak out about the cleat-lickers...........because they dont realize how ridiculous they sound. Some of em sound like P*ts or Cowgirl fans. If Ben screws up, im gonna state opinion--he needs to be called out. If the line is at fault, ill invoke that same criticism. The one thing that really concerns me about Ben and this concussion hes sustained is that if he misses significant practice time and doesnt get enough reps, history shows that he plays horribly in the follow-up game.

Im not worried about the special teams..........Im definitely not worried about the Defense. A rusty Rothlisberger facing top level opponents in the postseason frightens me because i know if Ben is not sharp or crisp, pulling out a win vs a likely opponent such as the Colts is gonna be very difficult. And thats truth with no primer or paint.

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Because it IS homerism. You can dress it up how you want, but underneath all that makeup and eyeshadow of a statement is homerism on her part.

She stated her OPINION. You called her out on it, after bemoaning more than once others supposedly being called out for criticizing Ben. That is hypocrisy, with no shellack on it.

jstethem12
12-30-2008, 09:19 PM

Go Steelers............

AMEN someone has a clue here, everybody jumped on me when i spoke the truth about our QB, i dont hate ben either but everybody here puts him up on a pedestal. Byron everytime given a chance has outperformed Ben, look at the browns game ben had already thrown a pick and probably would have thrown more if he hadnt got hurt. Ben will lose a playoff game you mark my word, next game 2 int's and a fumble. He hasnt shown me anything this year, yes he has led us on some game winning drives but had the defense not bailed him out on those games it wouldnt have happened. Lets look back and see how many times ben has turned the ball over and gave the ball to the other team inside the 30 yard line and our d had to hold them to a field goal. I will guarantee you one thing it would blow your mind.

43Hitman
12-30-2008, 09:53 PM
AMEN someone has a clue here, everybody jumped on me when i spoke the truth about our QB, i dont hate ben either but everybody here puts him up on a pedestal. Byron everytime given a chance has outperformed Ben, look at the browns game ben had already thrown a pick and probably would have thrown more if he hadnt got hurt. Ben will lose a playoff game you mark my word, next game 2 int's and a fumble. He hasnt shown me anything this year, yes he has led us on some game winning drives but had the defense not bailed him out on those games it wouldnt have happened. Lets look back and see how many times ben has turned the ball over and gave the ball to the other team inside the 30 yard line and our d had to hold them to a field goal. I will guarantee you one thing it would blow your mind.

I was arguing your statement that Ben did NOTHING in the Superbowl. And will continue to do so. Because that statement is pure fallacy.:coffee:

tony hipchest
12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
AMEN someone has a clue here, everybody jumped on me when i spoke the truth about our QB, i dont hate ben either but everybody here puts him up on a pedestal. .you thinking what you "speak" is truth as opposed to just an opinion is the first problem...

heres some facts and truths for you

byron- 32 fumbles in 46 games started- 12 lost, 38 int/54 td
ben- 32 fumbles in 71 games started- 15 lost, 69 int/101 td

i'll take ben. thanks.

realdeal
12-30-2008, 10:21 PM

Yeah, who would want any of the Manning brothers to be our Qb right now?:laughing:

Some people need to take off the Black And Gold colored glasses off!

Ben is an average QB period. If we lose, it will be because of Ben and his turnovers. Just look at our losses this year.

But yeah, Ben is the best!:laughing:

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 10:32 PM
You can dress it up how you want, but underneath all that makeup and eyeshadow of a statement is homerism on her part.

I think you'd better retract that sexist statement pal.

Admittedly, I do have a little homerism running through my veins. It's called loyalty to the team I've loved for all of my life. But - as my posts have more than shown - if I feel a player is deserving of a kick in the ass, he'll get it no matter how much I support the team and/or that player.

YOu mean to tell me she can base something in fact about Bens numbers compared to Brees' numbers ? 38 TD's compared to 17 TD's ? Of course Drew's squad failed to make postseason but whats remarkable about what he's done is the fact that he's done it on a team with poor defense, hes done it minus his top two receivers (Colston and Shockey) for a significant part of the season not to mention having to make do without the services of Bush for several other games. Theres something to be said about league MVP discussions of certain players like Manning and Brees.

I will not argue with you that Drew Brees has had a couple of really good seasons - numbers wise - in N.O. Where have those numbers gotten him and the Saints?

Hmmmmm. Thought so.

Lance Moore? Devery Henderson? Pierre Thomas?

Ever wonder why Ben's not mentioned ?

No, I haven't. Ben's name is listed as the winning QB in SB XL, which is the highest honor an NFL QB (or any player for that matter) can receive.

Now im sure theres a followup on deck about the dread Oline......i hear it comin miles away.

We finally agree on something. :drink: Barring last week's good performance against the Browns - - yes, the Browns - - our OL has stunk up the league this season and there really is no disputing that fact.

But think on this for a second. Matt Cassel has been sack just as many times in NE but his QB rating is higher.....his completion pctg is higher and even I would deem him a much lesser talent than Ben. Cassel is a CAREER backup (collegiate and professional).

Last time I checked, we didn't have a Randy Moss calibre receiver on our team.

But of course im gonna speak out about the cleat-lickers...........because they dont realize how ridiculous they sound. Some of em sound like P*ts or Cowgirl fans.

And you Ben-bashers don't realize how FWF'ish and bandwagon-ish you sound. It amazes me that most of the Steelers bashers who claim to be fans never seem to show up other than to B & M about something. If there isn't anything to B & M about, you people will nitpick until you find something. It's sickening.

If Ben screws up, im gonna state opinion--he needs to be called out. If the line is at fault, ill invoke that same criticism. The one thing that really concerns me about Ben and this concussion hes sustained is that if he misses significant practice time and doesnt get enough reps, history shows that he plays horribly in the follow-up game.

I have no problem with you stating your opinion, but I think you could be a lot more respectful when disagreeing with mine or anyone else's opinions to the contrary.

History is made to be rewritten.

Im not worried about the special teams..........Im definitely not worried about the Defense. A rusty Rothlisberger facing top level opponents in the postseason frightens me because i know if Ben is not sharp or crisp, pulling out a win vs a likely opponent such as the Colts is gonna be very difficult. And thats truth with no primer or paint.

Yet - if Ben hadn't played at all in last Sunday's game, the B & M du jour would have been that he would be "rusty" going into the playoffs with 3 weeks off. The guy just can't win with some of you people. :banging:

tony hipchest
12-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Thats because you suffer from serious Homerism. While im happy Ben is the QB for this team, i wouldnt frown on Peyton Manning takin snaps for this team, i like Philip Rivers toughness..........Drew Brees......these guys have taken their games to another level. If you say you wouldnt want either of those guys, then you've proven your a homer.would you frown on the 1-15 season the colts turned in to be able to draft manning #1?

turning in multiple losing seasons to be able to draft e. james and m. faulk in the top 10 must be great! :thumbsup:

i cant wait till the steelers reach that point. :rolleyes:

how bout rivers and brees? didnt the chargers have the worst record in the league both those years to EARN the right to the 1 pick in the draft and trade it away?

:toofunny:

boy, i wish we had a pro-bowl mvp qb like carson palmer. :dang:

damn, if only we sucked so bad last year, we would have our future set with matt ryan!

you can have your cake, and even try to eat it too. but maybe in private....

:wave:

fansince'76
12-30-2008, 10:54 PM

And others need to hop off the bandwagon. Yesterday. :coffee:

X-Terminator
12-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, who would want any of the Manning brothers to be our Qb right now?:laughing:

Ben is an average QB period. If we lose, it will be because of Ben and his turnovers. Just look at our losses this year.

It's her damned opinion, and she's damned well entitled to it. She sticks by and supports her team no matter what. Apparently, that is wrong according to you and some others on this board. If it comes down to being a negative nanny boo-bird or a homer, I'll take being a homer. Every single day and three times on Sunday.

tony hipchest
12-31-2008, 12:14 AM

you know what? you fantasy football fans and tony romo admirers are really turning into steelerfan clowns. :party:

you would gladly trade winning seasons for a shot at the likes of ryan leaf, akili smith, joey harrington, mike vick.

hindsight is 20-20 aint it? before you go cherry picking, you might wanna consider the cost vs. the reward.

it was the beloved jerome bettis who nearly choked away the game in our last sb run and it was ben who made "the tackle" (something neither manning bros are capable of) that saved the day. and even if he didnt, he woulda led the team on a game winning drive in the final minute.

eli was nearly ran outta town last year before his defense stepped it up and started delivering win. payton was cosnidered a big game choker until his defense stepped it up.

sounds like you need to take off the glasses and check out some of your "great qb's" losses. :busted:

Stang909
12-31-2008, 12:38 AM
you know what? you fantasy football fans and tony romo admirers are really turning into steelerfan clowns. :party:

you would gladly trade winning seasons for a shot at the likes of ryan leaf, akili smith, joey harrington, mike vick.

hindsight is 20-20 aint it? before you go cherry picking, you might wanna consider the cost vs. the reward.

it was the beloved jerome bettis who nearly choked away the game in our last sb run and it was ben who made "the tackle" (something neither manning bros are capable of) that saved the day. and even if he didnt, he woulda led the team on a game winning drive in the final minute.

eli was nearly ran outta town last year before his defense stepped it up and started delivering win. payton was cosnidered a big game choker until his defense stepped it up.

sounds like you need to take off the glasses and check out some of your "great qb's" losses. :busted:

good post :applaudit::tt:

tony hipchest
12-31-2008, 12:48 AM
But think on this for a second. Matt Cassel has been sack just as many times in NE but his QB rating is higher.....his completion pctg is higher and even I would deem him a much lesser talent than Ben. Cassel is a CAREER backup (collegiate and professional).

.are you fukkin kidding me? you dont realize how rediculous YOU sound.

your hero (7th rounder matt cassell) has been in the league about as long as ben has. and he got an 11-5 record???:sofunny:

whoopity-doo! ben topped that in his 1st 2 seasons.

you can slob cassell all you want for taking all those sacks from the likes of kc, oak,and, seattle, rams, the 1-15 dolphins, bungle bills, "cant get out of their own way" jets, and cardinals.

sorry, but i just dont see cassel facing the likes of the baltimore ravens twice a year. and you know what happened when the patriots last faced the ravens? a shitty ass ravens team nearly derailed the perfect boston brady's and gave the giants the "blueprint" on how to beat them.

when cassell played anyone worthy of a playoff position HE LOST.

lets see how well cassell does learning a new system with another team (= matt schaub- 7-9).

if cassell were the qb of the steelers he woulda lost to the cowboys, ravens twice, jacksonville, and maybe the bungles once.

8-8 at best with glory boy vol. II.

chew on that.

MACH1
12-31-2008, 12:58 AM
lets see how well cassell does learning a new system with another team (= matt schaub- 7-9).

if cassell were the qb of the steelers he woulda lost to the cowboys, ravens twice, jacksonville, and maybe the bungles once.

chew on that.

Don't forget that cassell won't have any cheat sheets with another team.

tony hipchest
12-31-2008, 01:42 AM
Don't forget that cassell won't have any cheat sheets with another team.typical ben haters say-

"WHAAAAAAAA"

:crying01: i want eli and peyton #1:crying01:

:crying01: i want calvin and andre johnson :crying01:

:crying01: mario williams is great... we need a DE:crying01:

:crying01:i want jake long and thomas from the browns:crying01:

:crying01:d, mcfadden and a. peterson would be great in the black and gold.:crying01:

:blah:cromartie, revis, hall:blah:

i.e.

:binky: "i wanna suck!" :binky:

MDSteel15
12-31-2008, 01:50 AM

Are you freaking retarded? Do you not remember the 3 playoff games before the Super Bowl where the team used the pass more than the run? And everyone was losing their mind because Ben was chewing up the defenses! You must have missed those games, right? :rofl:

MDSteel15
12-31-2008, 01:55 AM
are you fukkin kidding me? you dont realize how rediculous YOU sound.

your hero (7th rounder matt cassell) has been in the league about as long as ben has. and he got an 11-5 record???:sofunny:

whoopity-doo! ben topped that in his 1st 2 seasons.

you can slob cassell all you want for taking all those sacks from the likes of kc, oak,and, seattle, rams, the 1-15 dolphins, bungle bills, "cant get out of their own way" jets, and cardinals.

sorry, but i just dont see cassel facing the likes of the baltimore ravens twice a year. and you know what happened when the patriots last faced the ravens? a shitty ass ravens team nearly derailed the perfect boston brady's and gave the giants the "blueprint" on how to beat them.

when cassell played anyone worthy of a playoff position HE LOST.

chew on that.

It would have been easier if you would have just said this, 11-5 with the leagues 2nd easiest schedule, yee fu*#in haa.....:hatsoff:

revefsreleets
12-31-2008, 10:02 AM
If Cassel was our QB, he'd have been sacked 100 times this year.

Same with Brady.

Same with Peyton.

GodofGridiron
12-31-2008, 11:34 AM
You really should read the thread before you make claims for me. I was arguing the statement that Ben did NOTHING in the Superbowl. That is all.:doh:

Ive READ the thread........AND ive READ YOUR POST. In YOUR post along with others, it struck me as odd that you would say "Ben won..........". As if Ben deserves all the credit for this teams success which he does not. Hes the quarterback, the signal caller........the appointed leader of the offense. He's PART of the team. He isnt THE TEAM. Is he clutch at times ? Certainly.......does he play a role in these come-from- behind victories ? Of course. But what i seem to hear around here from alot of you is "Ben this........Ben that........Ben won those games.......Ben won a Superbowl".

22 starters--each a crucial part of the machine. "1 broken part of my clock, and my clock will tell the wrong time. 2 broken parts of my clock, and my clock will tell the wrong time........"

Dino 6 Rings
12-31-2008, 11:48 AM
I think the message that "Ben Lovers" are trying to argue agains the "Ben Haters" is that if the clock is indeed broken, or at least not telling the right time all the time, it isn't Ben that is the broken piece.

Ben plays great in pressure games, since the SB where he was clearly a 2nd year QB feeling the pressure of being a 2nd year QB in the biggest game of his life.

The entire machine needs to work, I agree, as a TEAM all 53 Men must play together in every phase of the game. However, what frustrates and actually infuriates the Ben Fans is the out right hatred and negativity tossed upon the same QB that sat down with Jerome Bettis and said "Give me one more year and I'll get you to the Super Bowl" and kept his promise.

This is the QB we got, he isn't perfect, but none of them are. Breese threw many late game ints this year that kept his team from getting critical wins, 2 late in the game against Tampa come to mind. Rivers, would he be anything at all without LT in the back field? Cutler? Eli? all rely on their team. Cassell has a great coaching staff and great receivers around him and his offense is basically, Shotgun Pass every single down. Payton is on another level, I don't think anyone disagrees that Payton and Brady are the two best current QBs in the league.

What kills the Ben Lovers however, is hearing people talk up the likes of Romo, Rivers, Breese, Cutler, Palmer, and not giving Ben any love at all.

That is why we defend OUR QB to the end with some of you folks. Is he the Best in the League, NO. Is he Top 10 Absolutely, is he Top 5, when it comes to Winning, Heck Yeah he is.

As for stats, ask Dan Marino how he feels about all his stats and he'll tell you, he's jealous of the one thing Ben has he doesn't.

Rick5895
12-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Ben is the right QB for this team, he is not flashy, he just makes plays. Does he make dumb mistakes? YES!! All the QB's do, remember if you all can, how much Bradshaw was trashed and booed, he's in the hall of fame. He made the plays when he had to and was a big game winner. Ben has those traits. I wouldn't trade him for any other QB in the league. Am I a "homer"? you bet your ass. I never gave up on the mighty black and gold (even when we were losing 51-0 to the browns).
Maybe it's time to appreciate what we have and cheer for our 6th superbowl victory instead whining our QB doesn't have the fancy stats.

Rick5895
12-31-2008, 11:53 AM
I think the message that "Ben Lovers" are trying to argue agains the "Ben Haters" is that if the clock is indeed broken, or at least not telling the right time all the time, it isn't Ben that is the broken piece.

Ben plays great in pressure games, since the SB where he was clearly a 2nd year QB feeling the pressure of being a 2nd year QB in the biggest game of his life.

The entire machine needs to work, I agree, as a TEAM all 53 Men must play together in every phase of the game. However, what frustrates and actually infuriates the Ben Fans is the out right hatred and negativity tossed upon the same QB that sat down with Jerome Bettis and said "Give me one more year and I'll get you to the Super Bowl" and kept his promise.

This is the QB we got, he isn't perfect, but none of them are. Breese threw many late game ints this year that kept his team from getting critical wins, 2 late in the game against Tampa come to mind. Rivers, would he be anything at all without LT in the back field? Cutler? Eli? all rely on their team. Cassell has a great coaching staff and great receivers around him and his offense is basically, Shotgun Pass every single down. Payton is on another level, I don't think anyone disagrees that Payton and Brady are the two best current QBs in the league.

What kills the Ben Lovers however, is hearing people talk up the likes of Romo, Rivers, Breese, Cutler, Palmer, and not giving Ben any love at all.

That is why we defend OUR QB to the end with some of you folks. Is he the Best in the League, NO. Is he Top 10 Absolutely, is he Top 5, when it comes to Winning, Heck Yeah he is.

As for stats, ask Dan Marino how he feels about all his stats and he'll tell you, he's jealous of the one thing Ben has he doesn't.

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texasteel
12-31-2008, 05:24 PM

If either of the Manning boys got the pressure that Ben gets the both fold like a wash cloth. That is not oppinion, that is history.

I am as big a homer, and that is not a dirt work, as there is on this board and will not change because you don't seem to like it.

Its funny that when we lose it's all Bens fault, when we win its like he's not even on the field.

I don't think you are looking at this team any more realisticly as you claim the homers are. Maybe you should take of you hate filled glasses.

HometownGal
12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
If either of the Manning boys got the pressure that Ben gets the both fold like a wash cloth. That is not oppinion, that is history.

I am as big a homer, and that is not a dirt work, as there is on this board and will not change because you don't seem to like it.

Ifs funny that when we lose it's all Bens fault, when we win its like he's not even on the field.

I don't think you are looking at this team any more realisticly as you claim the homers are. Maybe you should take of you hate filled glasses.

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit::drink:

You and Dino said it all!

I'd rather be a homer than a hater any day of the week.

lilyoder6
12-31-2008, 05:53 PM
look at when peyton gets pressured all game long. he does not fair well and the colts usually lose.

eli has a great running game to base off of.. if u don't prepare for the run against the g-men jacobs and ward will kill u.. so when u do decide to put 8 in the box.. then it's up to the wr's to beat 1 on 1 and eli to throw the ball where it's supposed to be...

43Hitman
12-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Ive READ the thread........AND ive READ YOUR POST. In YOUR post along with others, it struck me as odd that you would say "Ben won..........". As if Ben deserves all the credit for this teams success which he does not. Hes the quarterback, the signal caller........the appointed leader of the offense. He's PART of the team. He isnt THE TEAM. Is he clutch at times ? Certainly.......does he play a role in these come-from- behind victories ? Of course. But what i seem to hear around here from alot of you is "Ben this........Ben that........Ben won those games.......Ben won a Superbowl".

22 starters--each a crucial part of the machine. "1 broken part of my clock, and my clock will tell the wrong time. 2 broken parts of my clock, and my clock will tell the wrong time........"

For the record caps boy, I said Ben scored a TD with his legs in the Super Bowl, not that he won us that game. Again, for the last time, since your having trouble with your reading comprehension, I am arguing the fact that some kid said that "Ben did absolutely nothing in the Super Bowl." Which is pure fallacy. :coffee:
So, on to the next part. Aren't you saying Ben this and Ben that also? Another question. Who usually gets the blame when we lose? Who gets the credit when we win? The answer is one of two people, either the coach or the qb. That's the way it is because they are the leaders of the TEAM. It has always been that way in football and it always will. So please stop yelling at me and realize the reality of the situation. By the way, win, lose, or draw I will stick with Ben because he is the qb, and the leader of our team. There really isn't any grey area there now is there. :coffee:

I have another question. Why do you call yourself "GodofGridiron"? Do you really think you know everything involving football? And if you do, why do you bother with us simple folk? It's obvious to me you think we are not worthy to be in your presence. So enlighten us o great one, what shall we think next. Since our opinion doesn't matter.

HometownGal
12-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Romeo - where for art thou Romeo?

Please eat this thread!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40808000/jpg/_40808509_romeo203.jpg

jstethem12
12-31-2008, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=43Hitman;512104]For the record caps boy, I said Ben scored a TD with his legs in the Super Bowl, not that he won us that game. Again, for the last time, since your having trouble with your reading comprehension, I am arguing the fact that some kid said that "Ben did absolutely nothing in the Super Bowl." Which is pure fallacy. :coffee:
So, on to the next part. Aren't you saying Ben this and Ben that also? Another question. Who usually gets the blame when we lose? Who gets the credit when we win? The answer is one of two people, either the coach or the qb. That's the way it is because they are the leaders of the TEAM. It has always been that way in football and it always will. So please stop yelling at me and realize the reality of the situation. By the way, win, lose, or draw I will stick with Ben because he is the qb, and the leader of our team. There really isn't any grey area there now is there. :coffee:

I have another question. Why do you call yourself "GodofGridiron"? Do you really think you know everything involving football? And if you do, why do you bother with us simple folk? It's obvious to me you think we are not worthy to be in your presence. So enlighten us o great one, what shall we think next. Since our opinion doesn't matter.[/QUOT

I think its funny that this guy is saying his opinion doesnt matter when i ahd my opinion and he threw me under the bus for it. We are all entitled to our opinions and trust me moderator or not i will make them because there's no right or wrong. if i think Ben sucks it up i will say it and if you dont like it dont read it simple as that. Everybodys opinion matters it seems to me like there are ALLOT of people here that agree with me about ben.

HometownGal
12-31-2008, 07:35 PM
I think its funny that this guy is saying his opinion doesnt matter when i ahd my opinion and he threw me under the bus for it. We are all entitled to our opinions and trust me moderator or not i will make them because there's no right or wrong. if i think Ben sucks it up i will say it and if you dont like it dont read it simple as that. Everybodys opinion matters it seems to me like there are ALLOT of people here that agree with me about ben.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, jstethem12. As long as that opinion is rendered respectfully.

I wouldn't say "ALLOT" of people agree with you about Ben, but there are a few. Remember - there's no right or wrong. :wink02:

peacde! :peace:

43Hitman
12-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, jstethem12. As long as that opinion is rendered respectfully.

I wouldn't say "ALLOT" of people agree with you about Ben, but there are a few. Remember - there's no right or wrong. :wink02:

peacde! :peace:

olo...yuor aewsmeo!

GodofGridiron
12-31-2008, 08:09 PM
For the record caps boy, I said Ben scored a TD with his legs in the Super Bowl, not that he won us that game. Again, for the last time, since your having trouble with your reading comprehension, I am arguing the fact that some kid said that "Ben did absolutely nothing in the Super Bowl." Which is pure fallacy. :coffee:

I have another question. Why do you call yourself "GodofGridiron"? Do you really think you know everything involving football? And if you do, why do you bother with us simple folk? It's obvious to me you think we are not worthy to be in your presence. So enlighten us o great one, what shall we think next. Since our opinion doesn't matter.

You can check the assitude at the forum door jack-- it aint that kinda party. I know the game..cuz i played the game. So you dont have to trivialize my knowledge, just understand there is some knowledge there. Give respect, you'll get respect in return.

Secondly, im goin off of YOUR post. Caps for emphasis and not emotion. Just get that dried piece of jello out of your cup. And you stated that in one of your post about "Ben winning". And why are you arguing over semantics.....of course Ben did something in the Big game. Folks, even some of you, speak in vague terms and when someone states he did nothing, they infact speak in false terms. Perhaps they should state Ben played supbar compared to his previous postseason outings vs Indy, Denver or Cincy. His rating left a lot to be desired, but thats a discussion for another day. But he did DO SOMETHING that day.

As far as credit for winning and losing...........that just goes to show how disconnected the public is from the happenings in the lockerroom and on the field. Question for you: Did Mangini deserve termination for the collapse of the Jets football team ? Who was the catalyst in Mangini's dismissal ? Im sure you know. And this same catalyst wont be questioned goin into next year if he should return and chances are good he'll repeat the same infraction under a new coach. Guess who gets all the credit for the Patriots success over the last few years ? Lord Brady, of course. No one hardly mentions Vinateri who happened to kick GW FG's at the end of those contests now do they. Taking nothing from Brady.....but wheres the appreciation for the clutch leg that put em over the hump ? Give credit where credit is DUE. Thats my stance. I dont give two sloths piss drops about what NORMALLY happens. If Ben happens to throw a pick but that pick is a result of miscommuication or a flanker rounding off a route or running the wrong route then the blame should go to the appropriate offender. I will blame Ben for the mistake in TENN on that 3rd and 2. He got greedy, misjudged the defenders position and threw the pick. 2 yards !!! Thats all we needed..........and it cost us points on both ends. Did Ben cost us the game ? No.......but he placed a huge stamp of F'Up on it. 5 yrs already (in the league)............make better decisions, protect the ball and be smarter and reward the defense for their stellar work by converting their huge plays into more points.

And for the record............not one single post of mine stated anywhere that Ben should not be the starting quarterback. I made comments about how i feel Byron can do just as well, along with Byron throws a "better long ball" than Ben. And thats debatable. All of a sudden im labeled a Ben hater...........pffffffft.........Delusional folks are so damn fogged. This is akin to someone gettin labeled a traitor because they fail to see eye level with the decision makers in congress.

Happy New Year !!!

43Hitman
12-31-2008, 08:21 PM
You can check the assitude at the forum door jack-- it aint that kinda party. I know the game..cuz i played the game. So you dont have to trivialize my knowledge, just understand there is some knowledge there. Give respect, you'll get respect in return.

Secondly, im goin off of YOUR post. Caps for emphasis and not emotion. Just get that dried piece of jello out of your cup. And you stated that in one of your post about "Ben winning". And why are you arguing over semantics.....of course Ben did something in the Big game. Folks, even some of you, speak in vague terms and when someone states he did nothing, they infact speak in false terms. Perhaps they should state Ben played supbar compared to his previous postseason outings vs Indy, Denver or Cincy. His rating left a lot to be desired, but thats a discussion for another day. But he did DO SOMETHING that day.

As far as credit for winning and losing...........that just goes to show how disconnected the public is from the happenings in the lockerroom and on the field. Question for you: Did Mangini deserve termination for the collapse of the Jets football team ? Who was the catalyst in Mangini's dismissal ? Im sure you know. And this same catalyst wont be questioned goin into next year if he should return and chances are good he'll repeat the same infraction under a new coach. Guess who gets all the credit for the Patriots success over the last few years ? Lord Brady, of course. No one hardly mentions Vinateri who happened to kick GW FG's at the end of those contests now do they. Taking nothing from Brady.....but wheres the appreciation for the clutch leg that put em over the hump ? Give credit where credit is DUE. Thats my stance. I dont give two sloths piss drops about what NORMALLY happens. If Ben happens to throw a pick but that pick is a result of miscommuication or a flanker rounding off a route or running the wrong route then the blame should go to the appropriate offender. I will blame Ben for the mistake in TENN on that 3rd and 2. He got greedy, misjudged the defenders position and threw the pick. 2 yards !!! Thats all we needed..........and it cost us points on both ends. Did Ben cost us the game ? No.......but he placed a huge stamp of F'Up on it. 5 yrs already (in the league)............make better decisions, protect the ball and be smarter and reward the defense for their stellar work by converting their huge plays into more points.

And for the record............not one single post of mine stated anywhere that Ben should not be the starting quarterback. I made comments about how i feel Byron can do just as well, along with Byron throws a "better long ball" than Ben. And thats debatable. All of a sudden im labeled a Ben hater...........pffffffft.........Delusional folks are so damn fogged. This is akin to someone gettin labeled a traitor because they fail to see eye level with the decision makers in congress.

Happy New Year !!!

Sounds like you agree with me then.

1) Ben did contribute in SBXL
2) Coaches and QB's weather or not its fair(semantics) get the fame or the blame.
3) You think you have a higher knowledge of football cause you played some.

By the way, I never called you a hater. I called you "o great one". Going by your handle I think that is an assumption you would have us believe.

Happy New Year!:drink:

lilyoder6
12-31-2008, 08:29 PM
what insight

:scholar:

missedgehead
12-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, the reason I call Ben, "the player who shall never be criticized" is because anyone who does not think the man is GOD or walks on water (which he does not) is called a "hater," and I think that is very unfair. If you say that he should, heaven forbid, improve his play, you are labeled a "hater". If you dare say that there are other QBs that are better than he is, and there ARE (*cough P. Manning and Tom Brady*cough*), you are called a "hater."

Basically, much like Brett Farve (which is one reason I can NOT stand him), if you are not kissing Ben's rear end, you are called a "hater" and I am sorry, I like Ben alot, but man, I apologize, but I don't kiss the dude's rear or think he is God because he sure isn't.

fansince'76
12-31-2008, 09:15 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah:

43Hitman
12-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, the reason I call Ben, "the player who shall never be criticized" is because anyone who does not think the man is GOD or walks on water (which he does not) is called a "hater," and I think that is very unfair. If you say that he should, heaven forbid, improve his play, you are labeled a "hater". If you dare say that there are other QBs that are better than he is, and there ARE (*cough P. Manning and Tom Brady*cough*), you are called a "hater."

Basically, much like Brett Farve (which is one reason I can NOT stand him), if you are not kissing Ben's rear end, you are called a "hater" and I am sorry, I like Ben alot, but man, I apologize, but I don't kiss the dude's rear or think he is God because he sure isn't.
^^^

43Hitman
12-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Lol did u even see what i typed? :pissed::flap:

Yeah, those were arrows pointing to the next comment. :flap:

MACH1
12-31-2008, 09:38 PM

And we'll call you "The bandwagon jumping missegghead".
Pick another team already and go shower them with your wisdom!

43Hitman
12-31-2008, 09:56 PM
And we'll call you "The bandwagon jumping missegghead".
Pick another team already and go shower them with your wisdom!

Daaaamnnn!

X-Terminator
12-31-2008, 10:31 PM
OH.........NO.......HE......DI'INT!!!!!!!!!!:cya:

Oh yeah he did!

Preacher
12-31-2008, 10:42 PM

Hmmm.

Read through my posts... where I criticize him and am not called a hater.

43Hitman
01-01-2009, 01:29 AM
doo?

Peacde!

tony hipchest
01-01-2009, 02:32 PM

:coffee:

what planet do you live on?

theres a spaceship awaiting to return you there.

T.Richardson
01-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Bens in his second superbowl..he sucks....

Steeldude
01-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Bens in his second superbowl..he sucks....

if BR has a poor SB outing and the steelers lose, will you be creating a "Calling all Ben Lovers!"?

just curious

VegasStlrFan
01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Could we put this to bed already. Ben plays big when the game is on the line. He can look terrible at times, but when the games on the line hes money!

He didn't look good in his first SB, I'm betting hes lights out in Tampa.

jasonhightower
01-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Jesus Christ... if anyone on this board would rather have Cutler, Romo, Favre, etc. on this team they need to have their head examined. I wouldn't take anyone else as QB and I mean that! Why? Because Ben "fits" this team, end of story. He fits and he wins.

GodofGridiron
01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Ummmm there needs to be a "Praise Troy" thread. Troy came up huge and preserved this win.

I was about to blow a fk'in gasket if i saw one more g'damn 1st down run.......2nd down run....3rd down pass.

Way to make a play Troy. Where's your fuggin thread ?

HometownGal
01-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Sorry to interrupt the party, but I think it's time to send this thread to the forum graveyard. :tombstone

MACH1
01-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Ummmm there needs to be a "Praise Troy" thread. Troy came up huge and preserved this win.

I was about to blow a fk'in gasket if i saw one more g'damn 1st down run.......2nd down run....3rd down pass.

Way to make a play Troy. Where's your fuggin thread ?

You do know how to make one don't you? :doh: