PDA

View Full Version : Steelers after the regular season

fdp
12-29-2008, 04:09 AM
Looking back at the 2008 regular season

W-L Home Away Division
Steelers 12-4 0.750 6-2 6-2 6-0

As we all know the Steelers had the toughest schedule in the NFL at the beginning of the season, going into the season our opponents were a combined 0.598.

At the end of the season our opponents combined record was 0.526, haven't looked at other teams opponents records but one thing is for sure, this was a very tough schedule.

The opponents the Steelers beat were a combined: 0.476 (you can thank the Bengals and Browns for bringing that one down)

The opponents the Steelers lost to were a combined: 0.727

We played 6 teams which are in the playoffs

There has been a lot of talk in the last weeks about how bad the offense, the running game, Ben, Willie, Arians, etc are. I am not saying that there isn't room for improvement or that the Steelers have done a perfect job in the regular season, but looking at the numbers I can say one thing. This is a GREAT team, I think we can all remember hearing and thinking that whoever won the AFC North would do so with 8, 9 or 10 wins at best, and here we are at 12-4 (and those losses came to teams who are 0.727!!!).

So I for one have very little to complain about after this regular season and I'm very pumped for the playoffs

:tt02::tt02:HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!:tt02::tt02:

Galax Steeler
12-29-2008, 04:47 AM
I think we played our schedule well I for one didn't think we would have 12 wins and they were a couple of games we should have won that being the colts and Giants but I will take where we are at and hopefully we will go on to the superbowl and win.

revefsreleets
12-29-2008, 11:24 AM
The other nice thing about playinga tough schedule is we are battle tested as we enter the playoffs. We have played some of the best teams in the NFL and hung with (and beaten some) all of them. We have played in some really big games on the national stage. There are a lot of seasoned vets on this team who have "been there, done that".

I like our intangibles as we enter the post-season.