PDA

View Full Version : MANGINI FIRED

XxKnightxX
12-29-2008, 08:22 AM
My fellow jet fans have a reason to justify their hangovers now. Saw it coming

Let the Bill Cowher sweepstakes begin....

LambertIsGod58
12-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Talk about knee jerk reactions.......

fansince'76
12-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Anything official, or is this just more rumor, like Crennel getting canned?

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 08:27 AM
I'd like to see something more official if you can provide a link, please?

This one would kinda shock me if it is true.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Mortenson just reported it on ESPN news.

10 am presser.

XxKnightxX
12-29-2008, 08:28 AM
WFAN AND EPSN REPORTING Press conference to be announced at 10 am. Ill find a link If i can. I just went into a bagel shop with jets fans that I know and they were smiling. Man they hated this guy, hate to say it but he had no balls to get that team pumped up.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 08:36 AM
You know, I DID predict Cowher would be going to the Jets...

missedgehead
12-29-2008, 08:56 AM
I heard it from Mort, but we will see if it is true in about 10 minutes. I would jump up and down if the rat were fired. I didn't think he was all that as a coach either. If your team is losing 4 out of it's last 5 after beating the top teams, then the dope SHOULD be fired. Tannebaum should probably go too. He got all that talent and no playoffs. Here are the mediots talking about how there is gonna be a NY/NJ whatever Super Bowl and the Jets fade in the stretch. Maginini deserves to get canned.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 08:58 AM
press conference coming up:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/2008/12/29/jets_mangini/

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 09:00 AM
poor eric.. i would of gave him 1 more yr b/c if this team stays intact they will be better next yr

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I think its a bad move. 2 winning seasons in 3 years and finally being able to beat the Patriots. I'd understand if he'd gone under 500 all three years, but this just goes to show you NY fans are horrible.

Mid season last year the Giant fans were calling for Cophlin's head.

The Patriot
12-29-2008, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't blame him for this collapse.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM
His coaching in the Denver loss was questionable, but you're right, Favre's arm just turned to rubber the last 4 weeks and he didnt have the ability to make plays when he needed to.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 09:26 AM
I think Mangini gets another job somewhere else in the next couple seasons. Not really his fault, but maybe he was a big supporter of Favre's coming there and it backfired.

revefsreleets
12-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Retarded. The Jets were HORRID last year, and they really took some steps in the right direction. IMO they pulled thr ug out from under this guy 1 year too early.

Leftoverhard
12-29-2008, 09:55 AM
One more reason it's great to be a Steelers fan. This knee jerk reaction crap really boils my blood. It's no way to build a winning team, firing people left and right and pulling sensational moves like hiring Favre. I loved the poetic justice of the Pennington and the Dolphins beating those jerks in Bratt's(oops) last game.

The Duke
12-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Good move

He was quite possibly one of the worst coaches I've seen

If anyone thought tomlin didn't show emotion you haven't seen this guy. He almost seemed as if he didn't care

The Patriot
12-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Good move

He was quite possibly one of the worst coaches I've seen

If anyone thought tomlin didn't show emotion you haven't seen this guy. He almost seemed as if he didn't care

Mangini got the Jets to 8-3 by beating the Titans at home. Nobody thought the Jets would do that except the Favre fanatics.

Tankus_Maximus
12-29-2008, 10:45 AM
dayum......knee jerk reaction.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Jets fire Mangini following dismal December
NFL.com

The New York Jets fired head coach Eric Mangini, one day after the team lost to the Miami Dolphins and failed to make the postseason. The decision was announced at a news conference by Jets owner Woody Johnson.

After defeating then-undefeated Tennessee in Week 12, the Jets were 8-3 and in first place in the AFC East. They lost four of their last five games after that to finish 9-7. Mangini was 23-26 in three seasons with the Jets.

"We just felt that we could get a better fit moving forward," said Johnson, who added there is no timetable in the search for Mangini's replacement. The search will be led by Johnson and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Johnson did no speculate on the future of Jets quarterback Brett Favre, who is scheduled to have an MRI Monday morning o

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80dbc8c8&template=without-video&confirm=true

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Lerner..step away...step farrrrrr...away..

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 11:26 AM
So will the Jets now go after the Pats offensive coordinator and Matt Cassell?

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Cowher will have a talk with the Jets, just like I perdicted.

Stlrs4Life
12-29-2008, 11:51 AM
I can't believe they fired him? Wasn't his fault.

MasterOfPuppets
12-29-2008, 12:17 PM
manvagini will always have a special place in my heart for helping expose the pats* , for the cheating fruads they are......:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 01:07 PM
So will the Jets now go after the Pats offensive coordinator and Matt Cassell?

WOW !! Could you imagine that post game handshake with Belijerk? :jawdrop:

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
manvagini will always have a special place in my heart for helping expose the pats* , for the cheating fruads they are......:chuckle:

You know...that's a great point. Bonus Props to you!

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Jets fans are funny.

Great! Brett Favre not only ruins our season he also gets the coach fired!

It's a start!!!

Now lets get Cohwer

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=40556

RoethlisBURGHer
12-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Jets fans are funny.

Great! Brett Favre not only ruins our season he also gets the coach fired!

It's a start!!!

Now lets get Cohwer

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=40556

Funny, preseason it was:

We're going to the Super Bowl because we got Brett Favre and Mangini is a genious!

MasterOfPuppets
12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Does anyone remember how many years Cowher didn't win a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh?

Not to mention, a new staff means changes to player personnel, which means all that "talent" we supposedly have won't necessarily be there next year.

And that's not mentioning that this is the New York Jests. The franchise sucks. The Darksiders are right. at least one of them is thinking clearly.....:coffee:

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I think its a bad move. 2 winning seasons in 3 years and finally being able to beat the Patriots. I'd understand if he'd gone under 500 all three years, but this just goes to show you NY fans are horrible.

Mid season last year the Giant fans were calling for Cophlin's head.

I agree, Dino. He's not the best NFL coach ever, but I don't think he did all that bad of a job with the Jets since he was named the HC. NY fans are ruthless and they just might see next season that the grass wasn't greener on the other side.

KeiselPower99
12-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Another New York team thinking they can buy a championship and scapegoating the coach when they didnt.

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 08:15 PM
eric was a good coach.. but i think the thing that did it for him was that the jets brought in so many ppl, and they couldn't get into the playoffs....

like i said earlier.. who ever takes over will have a rly good team that will be a lot better next yr if evryone is intacted

Edman
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Mangini had two winning seasons while in New York. He wasn't that bad a coach.

Oh well. What can you expect from a franchise that hasn't done anything of note in forty years?

RoethlisBURGHer
12-29-2008, 11:25 PM
It's not Mangini's fault Favre's arm turned to rubber and his defense couldn't defend down the stretch.

GoFins11
12-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Mangini had two winning seasons while in New York. He wasn't that bad a coach.

Oh well. What can you expect from a franchise that hasn't done anything of note in forty years?

You can't go 23-25 in "New York".

tony hipchest
12-29-2008, 11:47 PM
manginas obsession with the patriots, sticking it to them, and hiring away their players was unhealthy.

i dont see how anyone in the jets locker room could see him as a leader.

i bet faneca got him fired. :chuckle:

good riddance, he was never HC material to begin with.

just another "piss boy" w/o the vinegar or fire.

missedgehead
12-30-2008, 09:25 AM
manginas obsession with the patriots, sticking it to them, and hiring away their players was unhealthy.

i dont see how anyone in the jets locker room could see him as a leader.

i bet faneca got him fired. :chuckle:

good riddance, he was never HC material to begin with.

just another "piss boy" w/o the vinegar or fire.

Pfft. Mangina's obsession with WHOM? :laughing::laughing::laughing: Pot meet the kettle.

Anyway, like I said before, so glad Mangini got his. :)

tony hipchest
12-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Pfft. Mangina's obsession with WHOM? :laughing::laughing::laughing: Pot meet the kettle.

:yap:

i understand. you love brady and think belichick walks on water, and only you and your fellow patfans can talk crap about mangina, favre, and the jets. :rolleyes:

:egg: :hatsoff:

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 10:02 AM

This from the lady who gave us:

'0He who winks maliciously causes grief, and a chattering fool comes to ruin?

What kind of chatter is this?

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2008, 04:26 PM
I agree, Dino. He's not the best NFL coach ever, but I don't think he did all that bad of a job with the Jets since he was named the HC. NY fans are ruthless and they just might see next season that the grass wasn't greener on the other side.
you'd think the farve/pennington debacle woulda, wisened em up.....

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 04:51 PM
http://pariarts.com/mus/vent/bergan/images/mortimer.jpg

X-Terminator
12-30-2008, 04:56 PM
:yap:

i understand. you love brady and think belichick walks on water, and only you and your fellow patfans can talk crap about mangina, favre, and the jets. :rolleyes:

:egg: :hatsoff:

This from the lady who gave us:

?

What kind of chatter is this?

Trust me gents, the ignore feature is your friend on this one. There are better people to waste your time and bandwidth on. The less people reply to her complete Pats* loving nonsense, the better off we all will be.

xfl2001fan
12-30-2008, 05:59 PM
I just saw...hypocrisy in the two statements that were both posted today. Bothered me a bit...and I've never been able to shut my mouth when confronted with hypocrisy...even lost rank in the military over it. (I handled this situation MUCH better.) LOL