There is order in the universe.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 10:47 AM
BWAhahahahahah

Just like I perdicted.

Cowher tells Browns he's not interested
by Mary Kay Cabot
Monday December 29, 2008, 10:39 AM

BEREA - Browns owner Randy Lerner said today that former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher told him he was not interested in joining the Browns.

Lerner met with the media this morning to announce that Romeo Crennel has been fired as head coach.

Speculation for his replacement had been centered on Cowher for several weeks, but Lerner said Monday that he met with Cowher on Saturday night and that Cowher said he would not return to coaching in 2009 and asked Lerner to take him off the Browns list of candidates.

Cowher told Lerner that he was comfortable with his lifestyle in North Carolina at this time

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/12/cowher_tells_browns_hes_not_in.html

jjpro11
12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
i was just going to post it. heres another link

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/12/cowher_tells_browns_hes_not_in.html

i have been telling all the browns fans from day one not to get their hopes up about him because they were only going to crushed in the end. whatever though.. im glad he is not going there.

Tankus_Maximus
12-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Good for The Chin...those UPS uniforms would look terrible with that Sgt. Slaughter chin of his.

tony hipchest
12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
its really quite simple. cowher may wanna coach again but he definitely didnt want to ba a part of that shithole franchise.

contrary to popular belief, cowher isnt a greedy bastard who is all about the money.

i would say things like family, loyalty, and winning are much more important to him.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Bow down Suit.

I own you.

43Hitman
12-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Ahh man shit is gonna hit the fan now. Pun intended of course.:chuckle:

revefsreleets
12-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Bow down Suit.

I own you.

Nobody is happier than me about this...I was merely preparing myself (and others) for the worst.

It's like when you were a teenager, and you asked your dad for the keys to the Porsche and $500 for the night. He'd say "No, dammit, take the Chevy and here's $50!".

You still got the car and a free $50.

Anyway, until they actually SIGN a coach NOT named Bill Cowher, I'm still going to grit my teeth in anticipation of the worst.

jjpro11
12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Nobody is happier than me about this...I was merely preparing myself (and others) for the worst.

It's like when you were a teenager, and you asked your dad for the keys to the Porsche and $500 for the night. He'd say "No, dammit, take the Chevy and here's $50!".

Anyway, until they actually SIGN a coach NOT named Bill Cowher, I'm still going to grit my teeth in anticipation of the worst.

chill out man.. he wouldn't do that to the steelers.. the jets would pay him more money and be a better situation anyhow if he did want to come back this year.. the browns thought they were the only team that was willing to pay him and his last chance at coaching.. however they were delirious.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Cowher just gave a big slap inthe face to the Browns, now if takes the Jets job my prophecy will be fulfilled.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Cowher just gave a big slap in the face to the Browns, now if takes the Jets job my prophecy will be fulfilled.

X-Terminator
12-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Cowher wants the Carolina job. And since that isn't going to happen this year, he's likely going to sit out 2009. You have to think John Fox has saved his job by guiding the Panthers to a 12-4 record and a first round bye.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I had Cowher going to KC when Herm gets fired, but I think Herm gets another season with that young team and maybe a real QB.

BC is gonna probably stay at CBS since he just extended his deal there.

BlastFurnace
12-29-2008, 01:27 PM

I'm right there with you. Cowher coaching the Browns is like your best friend dating your ex-fiance. It's just not right.

I'm thrilled that Bill isn't going there.

KeiselPower99
12-29-2008, 01:46 PM
I heard it on the Browns radio network yesterday and I laughed my ass off. K.C. and Carolina are his top 2 spots but not for awhile.

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I had Cowher going to KC when Herm gets fired, but I think Herm gets another season with that young team and maybe a real QB.

BC is gonna probably stay at CBS since he just extended his deal there.

I think Cowher is done with coaching for good. But if he does comeback, it will be with the Panthers. Why not, that's where his family lives. Or if he doesn't coach, but gets back into Football, it will be with the Panthers or Steelers Scouting Departments.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 02:20 PM
"Bring back Butch!"

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/10/23/college/p1_butchdavis.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
12-29-2008, 03:54 PM
"Bring back Butch!"

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/10/23/college/p1_butchdavis.jpg

OH GOD NO!

I live in Cleveland, and even I hated Butch Davis. Me and my Grandpa (another diehard Steeler fan) hated him like Browns fans hated him.

And as for Cowher turning down the Browns, it's what I expected. He's happy spending time with his wife and youngest daughter, and being able to go see his middle daughter play basketball at Princeton whenever he wants to. Not to mention he gets paid at least $1M to work one day a week (two on Wild Card Weekend) and he gets a company leer jet to fly him to New York or wherever CBS' does there pregame show from.

If he were to get back into coaching, I can see him taking one of two jobs. Carolina Panthers if it opens up or his alma mater North Carolina State.

T&B fan
12-29-2008, 04:27 PM
I think Cowher is done with coaching for good. But if he does comeback, it will be with the Panthers. Why not, that's where his family lives. Or if he doesn't coach, but gets back into Football, it will be with the Panthers or Steelers Scouting Departments.

you got it :thumbsup::drink:

MasterOfPuppets
12-29-2008, 04:28 PM
you got it :thumbsup::drink:
ummmm...just heard on espn, he's listening to the jets....:noidea:

T&B fan
12-29-2008, 04:39 PM

well that says it all . espn is still trying to find away to get the cowboys and pats in to the playoffs . :applaudit:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Just heard on the radio how this all went down.

Lerner called him in and he came on Saturday, Pretty much told him straight up that while he respects the offer and like being considered, that he was not in a coaching mindset, and enjoyed the TV gig and wants to spend time with his family for a while. End of discussion, Money was not even discussed.

From the sound of it, Billy came off as a class act, and I respect him a whole a lot for saying that. I'd rather try my hand at Pioli, than have Cowher not really into it.

also I still don't see him taking the Jets job.

From the sound of it, if the Brownies suck again down the road or the Panthers suck or Fox retire, he'll take those jobs.

HometownGal
12-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Sorry, MOP - enough said! :chuckle::wink02: The NFL drama kings strike again!

I still don't see Cowher coaching in 2009 or, as SCM stated - maybe not ever again. He seems to really like his gig on TV and I think he's good at it! :thumbsup:

Edman
12-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Cowher just bought a Carolina home, moved down there with the missus, wants to be with his girls, and loves his new TV Job where he can say his opinion and diss his fellow talking heads at CBS.

There's was no way he was going to leave all that just to coach the Browns. Not if Kaye has anything to say about it.:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Just heard on the radio how this all went down.

Lerner called him in and he came on Saturday, Pretty much told him straight up that while he respects the offer and like being considered, that he was not in a coaching mindset, and enjoyed the TV gig and wants to spend time with his family for a while. End of discussion, Money was not even discussed.

From the sound of it, Billy came off as a class act, and I respect him a whole a lot for saying that. I'd rather try my hand at Pioli, than have Cowher not really into it.

also I still don't see him taking the Jets job.

From the sound of it, if the Brownies suck again down the road or the Panthers suck or Fox retire, he'll take those jobs.yeah cowhers known for being completely honest.....:doh: ..... he denied he had plans of leaving pittsburgh, when he was asked point blank a million times,all the signs were there, and anybody with a lick of sence knew he was. nobodys ever gonna convince me it wasn't about the $$$$$$$$.
Cowher not really into it.
you mean like the 2006 cowher , that denied already deciding to leave pittsburgh?

From the sound of it, if the Brownies suck again
:pde: .......:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
12-29-2008, 05:20 PM

I still don't see Cowher coaching in 2009 or, as SCM stated - maybe not ever again. He seems to really like his gig on TV and I think he's good at it! :thumbsup:has he signed a new TV deal?:noidea:

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Have I mentioned how hilarious the Browns boards are today?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP WITH THE COWHER CRAP!!!!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/MarsFlyTrap/CowherForChange.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guy isn't coming here, get over it.

He says he doesn't want to coach in 09. He told the owner he doesn't want to be apart of the Browns coach search.

How much more do you guys need to hear? Get ride of the sig lines with that morons face. I'm tired of seeing that squeeler piece of crap ON A BROWNS BOARD!

We look like a bunch tools begging, pleading for this guy. We are better than that.

I don't want the jerk any where near this team.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-29-2008, 05:36 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guy isn't coming here, get over it.

He says he doesn't want to coach in 09. He told the owner he doesn't want to be apart of the Browns coach search.

How much more do you guys need to hear? Get ride of the sig lines with that morons face. I'm tired of seeing that squeeler piece of crap ON A BROWNS BOARD!

We look like a bunch tools begging, pleading for this guy. We are better than that.

I don't want the jerk any where near this team.

:rofl: He doesn't want any part of the Browns because they suck! :sign03:

MasterOfPuppets
12-29-2008, 05:52 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm tired of seeing that squeeler piece of crap ON A BROWNS BOARD!

I don't want the jerk any where near this team.[/I][/B]:toofunny:..... had cowher signed with the browns, this guy would be the first one poundin his pud to a 6ft cowher fathead.....:rofl:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 06:02 PM
If Herm gets fired, I wouldn't mind bringing him to Pittsburgh as Offensive coordinator. He's a classy and capable guy.
What makes you think Herm Edwards is capable of being an Offensive coordinator??

He was a defensive back for the Eagles, a defensive back coach for the Chiefs and Bucs. I dont think he has ever coached the offensive side of the ball in the NFL. It would be like wanting Norv Turner to be our D-coordinator when he gets fired from the Chargers. :noidea:

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 07:09 PM
:toofunny:..... had cowher signed with the browns, this guy would be the first one poundin his pud to a 6ft cowher fathead.....:rofl:

Oh absolutely.

Plan A - busted

Plan B. Now they have to scramble to find a GM first, then a head coach, then a whole new coaching staff.

Back to square one from the Butch Davis era.

KeiselPower99
12-29-2008, 07:44 PM
I wonder how any cried when they heard he wasnt interested????

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 08:18 PM
all of the browns christmas wishes were shot down...

i bet the browns will be in the bidding war for bill parcels

beSteelmyheart
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm another one that's happy to hear that Bill refused. I kept seeing that clip of him running out of the tunnel with the team & to see him go to Cleveland would have broken my heart. Seeing him go elsewhere woldn't bother me as much at all, even though it would probably never be the same for him like it was working for the Steelers. I hope he refused out of respect for the whole Steelers franchise. What other team could compare?

T&B fan
12-29-2008, 09:58 PM
has he signed a new TV deal?:noidea:

I read some place ( sorry no link ) that he signed 2 yrs more at CBS .

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2008, 11:21 PM

I still don't see Cowher coaching in 2009 or, as SCM stated - maybe not ever again. He seems to really like his gig on TV and I think he's good at it! :thumbsup:

He makes listening to the two head goofball aka Sharpe and Esiason bearable

Bill is still a Steeler at heart, but knows when to turn on the unbias effect.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-29-2008, 11:28 PM
remember this team has already had a "genius" coach them and he lost badly, let's face it whoever coaches the brown stains are still going to get the same results....LOSER.

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 12:07 AM
remember this team has already had a "genius" coach them and he lost badly, let's face it whoever coaches the brown stains are still going to get the same results....LOSER.

That's one position the Browns can never get right. :sofunny: